• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Yakuza series on PC

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
To some extent this is about JRPG and a high level of unsurety my interests lie in that direction. Also rightfully concerned about the newer releases losing their impure motives that are easy enough to step away from back to normal life. In favor of satisfying elements strongarming their all too commonly encountered IRL idealisms into every game.

Before refunding Kiwami 2 in favor of the bundle packaging 0-6. I'd like to have a better idea what Judgement and LAD games are like than cheeseball reviews (marketing data+search engine) or drooling fanboys spam daily. GOG for earlier games is a big plus if they look to be more enjoyable for my interests.

Yakuza Like a Dragon doesn't look good. Not sure how badly the following games were impeded by a formula derived from its failures.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MEG ACE
Cooling Corsair XC7 Block / Corsair XG7 Block EK 360PE Radiator EK 120XE Radiator 8x EK Vadar Furious Fans
Memory 64GB TeamGroup T-Create Expert DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio
Storage 1TB WD Black SN850 / 4TB Inland Premium / 8TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW / ASUS TUF VG279QM
Case Lian-Li Dynamic 011 XL ROG
Audio Device(s) Razer Nommo Pro Speakers / Creative AE-9 w/ Audio-Technica ATH-R70X
Power Supply EVGA P2 1200W Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper, Logitech G600
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
So what exactly is your question??

Like a Dragon are spin-offs of the main series. Some of them tie into the main series but other don't.

Reactions: SL2
Processor Intel i5 8400
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Software W11 Pro
So what exactly is your question??

The question was what did you read into the OP that might be worth voicing in your own words drawing off your own impressions. If you like I will point directly at the first sentence of OP to give you a more distinct focus on the intent.

To some extent this is about JRPG and a high level of unsurety my interests lie in that direction.

It should've been immediately apparent from there onwards that a very clear bias was being built up around the existence of certain elements believably absent from the earlier games. Retro, or remastered but still pretty retro, games can be loads of fun when they exist in great numbers. Let's forgo the fact whatever formula worked initially will get pretty tired before reaching end of the seventh game (combat systems especially). Equally that I could purchase and refund any of the later games with commiserate fiscal impacts to someone along the line for my irresponsible behavior

I'm asking for a bit of feedback on quality of the latest releases. These are fairly well known entities unlike a lot of the other games I investigate or purchase on a whim. On a sub-forum meant for exactly this type of discussion. :)

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MEG ACE
Cooling Corsair XC7 Block / Corsair XG7 Block EK 360PE Radiator EK 120XE Radiator 8x EK Vadar Furious Fans
Memory 64GB TeamGroup T-Create Expert DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio
Storage 1TB WD Black SN850 / 4TB Inland Premium / 8TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW / ASUS TUF VG279QM
Case Lian-Li Dynamic 011 XL ROG
Audio Device(s) Razer Nommo Pro Speakers / Creative AE-9 w/ Audio-Technica ATH-R70X
Power Supply EVGA P2 1200W Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper, Logitech G600
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
Having played the remake of 1 and 2, as well as the remaster of 3 , the combat is fairly similar from game to game. Only the first one has had changing of fighting stances. The other two have been just the one stance. I haven’t played them to 100% completion. I did the first two, the third one I just played the story and didn’t do much of the side quests.

Processor Intel i5 8400
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Software W11 Pro
Suspect I'll be more tolerant the unsophisticated ruggedness of 0 than cuddling a baby in 6. With goofy sidequests as a constant.

Unless someone chimes in it's likely I go with the more heatwave friendly Option A while it is on sale. Let the tv show and whatever other role playing ensue without heeding it. Snappier game engine etc. is a nicety and little more if the content isn't enjoyable.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I played Kiwami which is just a name for Extreme and it was awesome

Processor Intel i5 8400
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Software W11 Pro
main_main_yakuza_complete_series.jpg

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
Never really been into mafia, gta, yakuza and also Wild West games…. Nothing wrong with em just no interest in them

Processor Intel i5 8400
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Software W11 Pro
Never really been into mafia, gta, yakuza and also Wild West games…. Nothing wrong with em just no interest in them

Can't say anything on that list has ever been an interest. Quite the opposite. Don't judge a book by its cover with this Yakuza series.

Highly dated and sadly still very relevant reference to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is apt. If you want to focus on bone breaking and wielding sharp objects that cut down a near endless amount of enemies that is very much present. To larger amounts the focus is on lighter side of life and having fun. Mini-games and side quests comprise the majority of content.

Which again goes down a path that sounds highly uninteresting. Yet it really is good humored and enjoyable until you come across something that makes you want to throw your controller because this mini-game was made to deprive you of sanity (or as simple diversion for the highly technically oriented Japanese homeland audience).

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Can't say anything on that list has ever been an interest. Quite the opposite. Don't judge a book by its cover with this Yakuza series.

Highly dated and sadly still very relevant reference to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is apt. If you want to focus on on bone breaking and wielding sharp objects that cut down a near endless amount of enemies that is very much present. To larger amounts the focus is on lighter side of life and having fun. Mini-games and side quests comprise the majority of content.

Which again goes down a path that sounds highly uninteresting. Yet it really is good humored and enjoyable until you come across something that makes you want to throw your controller because this mini-game was made to deprive you of sanity (or as simple diversion for the highly technically oriented Japanese homeland audience).

The action sequences in Yakuza series were comical at times.