• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Issues with my gaming laptop

vTay

EDITl: Ok i found the reason, i'm not using discrete graphics settings, which i usually have on, but since my screen is black i tried some stuff like hard resetting, which dissables discrete mode and is also the reason why my temps spike like that, i can't turn discrete mode back on tho because if i do for some reason i cannot use an external monitor which kinda sucks.

Hello, i'm having a lot of issues with my laptop and it all happend in at once, yesterday i was watching twitch on my laptop and my screen went black, no idea why. I checked on youtube to search for fixes, unfortunatly nothing worked, i plugged an external display and my laptop works on an external display but not on the one that it has. The msi logo turns on the screen but after that it turns black again not showing the windows login so i'm forced to use an external display to use my laptop, i don't think the screen is broken i just can't find what could help fix it, and i'd be so greatful if someone here would also know but back to what i was here for, so I checked on throttlestop and i'm having issues that i didn't use to have (last time i checked, 3 days ago, everything was fine like it has been for the past 2 years), i was wondering if it's because i'm using an external display that everything became like this or if it's because of something else, i have no idea. Here's my throttlestop settings, i'm having ocasional temp spikes, temps are usually on idle at about 42°C (when my screen still worked) , and it maxes out at like 50 but here it's at 74°C is it because i'm using an external monitor, i have no idea. Also sometimes there's a red blinking text that says 'POWER' idk what that means, i saw that when i was staring at my throttlestop for a while. I really hope someone could help because i'm litteraly breaking down atm and i don't know what do do anymore
1715344564503.png

1715344626179.png

Ok i found the reason, i'm not using discrete graphics settings, which i usually have on, but since my screen is black i tried some stuff like hard resetting, which dissables discrete mode and is also the reason why my temps spike like that

Last edited:
System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
I know this is a long shot but have you tried windows key + p to select the display?

if it doesn’t work maybe the internal soldering from the motherboard to your display has worn out?

vTay

I know this is a long shot but have you tried windows key + p to select the display?

if it doesn’t work maybe the internal soldering from the motherboard to your display has worn out?
well in display options i only have 1 option and it's my second screen that i added, and i don't think it's the soldering either because when i start up my laptop, the msi logo pops up which is the boot logo (i got an msi ge66 raider) which means that the screen still works but somehow i can't find a way to fix it, also i tried booting up on BIOS but my screen stayed black on my main display and i couldn't use an external display.
1715349026774.png

I don't know if i should bring it to a repair store does anyone got any more suggestions?

Attachments

• 1715349016415.png
    1715349016415.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: