• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2022-X58/1366 PIN Motherboards NVME M.2 SSD BIOS MOD Collection

New Updated BIOS Files are ready.
After a smooth NVMe SSD BIOS update, feel free to share your impressions and evaluation with me and other people.
This will also benefit other people and me.
Thank you.

First off all – A very big thank you @İsmailTPC_Hastanesi for your work and findings.

I wanted to write this “novel” for weeks now Also to show my respect to you as well.

I must admit that I did not used one of your BIOSs for my GA-EX58-EXTREME. I like to mod things for myself understanding what and why things happened. But I want to share my experiences and findings during my tests here. And as I have some experiences in CBROM and HEX modding I took the change to build my own BIOS from scratch (again…) .

Nevertheless – The/Your Idea to use the original Samsung 950 Pro OPROM (or better to say – a part of it) was the key to a long-lasting question to get NVMe (without legacy OPROM) bootable without nasty (in my opinion) Clover/Duet-Refind solutions.

There are some older discussions on WIN-RAID forum which you may know already. They are providing exactly this OPROM you are using as base as well. But no one tried to add it as PCI ROM as you did. And one just tried to simply adjusts the VEN/DEV code in HEX of OPROM. There was a try but this was only for some old UEFI BIOSs.

This is exactly the same uncompressed OPROM (only Legacy BIOS) you are using for 144D_A802.BIN (file SM950Pro.rar -> 950Pro.bin)
https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/experimental-nvme-option-rom/32528/82

And this maybe was the original source were a guy extracted the full 950 pro OPROM from using a Linux system – This contains both (as far as I see): The Legacy Part and the UEFI driver. If we compare HEX code with 144D_A802.BIN or 950Pro.bin with the image.rom this is quite obvious (file image.zip -> image.rom)
https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/samsung-nvme-legacy-boot-rom-present-on-950-pro/32347/11

Some users already reported here in your thread a main key to understand or/and get your trick to work: It’s to disable (if needed) some integrated peripherals – Better to say their OPROMs/ROMs! It looks like that those old boards cannot load that much OPROMs at the same time. Maybe simply the limit of Chipsets or general board designs. Maybe also the OPROM load ordered has an influence here – But this was not further tested. In addition, the PCIe lanes and their sharing design has an influence here…

I noticed that during my test as well. I have my Win10 on a Samsung 950 Pro (with the famous bootable OPROM) and two OEM Samsungs in addition: SM951 (144D_A802) and SM961 (144D_A804) – both without OPROM. I addition 6 HDDs/SSDs mounted at ICH10R SATA in AHCI-Mode. The 2x JMicron JMB322 on my board sucks – I deactivated them long time ago. They gave me high DPC Latency spikes all the time. For additional drives I moved to a Marvell 88SE9230 chipset driven Digitus DS-30104-1 card years ago.

For all my test I removed at first every drive except of my 950 Pro and SM951 or SM961. Here both are recognized by BIOS – But adding again one HDD (AHCI) to one SATA ICH10R port the SM951 or SM961 disappears in BIOS. So I guess the added OPROMs cross path with the AHCI module – But only if more than one NVMe are in the system. Removing my 950 Pro (having only SM951 or SM961 build in) all 6 drives (AHCI) and one NVMe are possible again.
BUT: Using the IDE mode for the 6x SATA ICH10R ports makes it possible to run both! The 950 Pro and SM951 or SM961 – And all 6x SATA devices are shown as well (IDE).
All in all – Playing with AHCI and IDE and/or the deactivation of other OPROMs/ROMs (aka integrated peripherals) could do the trick! But be aware of switching from IDE to ACHI if your system was installed originally in IDE Mode – this can brick your Win installation – But this is another story…

Base BIOS was F13U – The last available on old German jzelectronic forum (not fully available anymore in the meantime):

- Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, Version iSrc 1.20E (the available 2.00h does NOT work)
- Intel(R) RAID for SATA - v11.6.0.1702
- JMicron PCI Express to SATAII HOST Controller ROM v1.08.01
- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.66 PXE+RPL
- Q-Flash Utility v2.24
- New Logo for Main & Backup BIOS
- BIOS Version Mod from F13u to F13x
- BIOS Date Mod to 11/11/2022
- MICROCODE re-edit/correction to latest available
- NVMe ROMs for Samsung 144D_A802, A804, A808, A809, A822
- SLIC 2.1 mod GIGABYTE via SSV3 + ACPITBL at End

To All – To mod your BIOS for yourself should only be done if you really know what you are doing. And maybe only if your board has a dual BIOS for fail save booting if main BIOS was messed up. Or you are able to program/flash your bios chip externally.

Some pictures for your pleasure – I tried to add them in a more or less logical order.
Legacy bios builds of Gigabyte motherboards use Award BIOS.
I have a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P that has been bugging me.
Here is a semi-modded bios file.
Can you review the module content of this and add the NVMe SSD Module again?
Just a recommendation.
Thank you.

Legacy bios builds of Gigabyte motherboards use Award BIOS.
I have a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P that has been bugging me.
Here is a semi-modded bios file.
Can you review the module content of this and add the NVMe SSD Module again?
Just a recommendation.
Thank you.
Sure :) As it looks like you only updated the RAID Module to 10.1.0.1008 - Right? Last classical RAID ROM is v11.2.0.1527 (Recomended by Master Fernando of Win-Raid).
But anyway 10.1.0.1008 should work as well. Original has 8.9.1.1002 installed...

Would you pls let me know what the issues are with your BIOS Version? Up to now I just took a short view into it and compared the PCI ROMs with its original...
ex58ud4p.BIN seams to be original as well...

This Bios has a nasty uncompressed "NoCompress Part" at the end :) - but there are ways to add it back as original, as well.

Sure :) As it looks like you only updated the RAID Module to 10.1.0.1008 - Right? Last classical RAID ROM is v11.2.0.1527 (Recomended by Master Fernando of Win-Raid).
But anyway 10.1.0.1008 should work as well. Original has 8.9.1.1002 installed...

Would you pls let me know what the issues are with your BIOS Version? Up to now I just took a short view into it and compared the PCI ROMs with its original...

This Bios has a nasty uncompressed "NoCompress Part" at the end :) - but there are ways to add it back as original, as well.
No The bios file I gave the link belongs to @Regeneration.
The main worksheet is here.
I haven't even touched the PCI auxiliary add-on modules.
In Nvme SSD modding I just add NVMe Modules and update bios dates.
GA-EX58-UD4P bios file module sorting and compression technique seemed to me to be made differently and after a bit of work, the one you mentioned.
Like "NoCompress Part"
and I saw that there are 1-2 more modules like this.
Were you able to extract this module without breaking the checksum?
Additionally, what is your opinion on adding this module and others again?
I was just wondering about this.

Were you able to extract this module without breaking the checksum?
Additionally, what is your opinion on adding this module and others again?
I was just wondering about this.
Ahh OK - got you... Didn't remember that you use that collection from User Regeneration as base (who updated microcodes and the RAID ROM).

Try this - If this works we can talk about the procedure - As the Board EX58UD4P has also DualBios it should be save to try - But whom do I'm saying this :) :)
EX58UD4PMOD2.14P.ZIP
I just added the NVMe ROMs (taken from your last GA-EX58-UD3R BIOS) and reorganized all to original order - Everything else (Bios date etc) was not modded.
For me it looks OK and passed CRC check in awardtool - only main ex58ud4p.BIN reports FF but this is OK and happens to all X58 GB Bios I saw.

To All Others - Please wait for İsmailTPC_Hastanesi's confirmation before you try this.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-30 080117.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-30 080117.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM

Some BIOSes have a filesize limit for PCI ROM modules.

If you update RAID ROM, sometimes existing arrays will not be detected anymore.

Some BIOSes have a filesize limit for PCI ROM modules.

If you update RAID ROM, sometimes existing arrays will not be detected anymore.
It's true that each module has a File Size limit.
The criterion here is the checksum in the bios file size sum.
But if you start editing or adding like oversize starting from PCI modules, it will not work even if the Bios file aggregation robustness is correct.
Then I think the string lines should be recast starting from the System Module from the very beginning.
In this way, there will be no problems with reading the bios and invoking the module sort command.
Because each of the lh5 compressed modules in the bios file configuration assigns an identity to the other module that will follow.
In this way, each module knows the calling commands in its content.
Ahh OK - got you... Didn't remember that you use that collection from User Regeneration as base (who updated microcodes and the RAID ROM).

Try this - If this works we can talk about the procedure - As the Board EX58UD4P has also DualBios it should be save to try - But whom do I'm saying this :) :)
EX58UD4PMOD2.14P.ZIP
I just added the NVMe ROMs (taken from your last GA-EX58-UD3R BIOS) and reorganized all to original order - Everything else (Bios date etc) was not modded.
For me it looks OK and passed CRC check in awardtool - only main ex58ud4p.BIN reports FF but this is OK and happens to all X58 GB Bios I saw.

To All Others - Please wait for İsmailTPC_Hastanesi's confirmation before you try this.
Thank you for your work.
I will compare the file.
But I don't have this motherboard.

Last edited:
When I want to extract the "NoCompress Part" Module
I get a "can't read" warning.
How did you extract this module?
I'm not talking about Overwriting this Module without Extracting.
I'm asking this because it is very troublesome to extract or replace such unknown modules.
By the way, when I look at the contents of the file, everything looks normal.
Thank you.

Yes - this is not easy/obvious - And at the end not confiremd until someone tested that BIOS on an GA-EX58-UD4P Board...
"I'm not talking about Overwriting this Module without Extracting." Yes - I know... Mostly not a good idea!

I guess the are two options (from which I tried the first one with the file EX58UD4PMOD2.14P.ZIP

1) As this in uncompresse -lh0 I cut part out of compresses BIOS with HEX editor (HxD). Modules are beginning two digits in front of - from -lh0 and this End before the first Y (FF).
This part was saved in a file UTS64K.BIN.
Then I release the "NoCompress" part normally - CBROM <BIOS> /NOCOMPRESS release.
UTS64K.BIN was pushed after every thing else was re-added to BIOS with CBROM <BIOS> /GROUP25 UTS64K.BIN (yes -with GROUP25 - did not work with NOCOMPRESS)
CBROM push this into BIOS without compression.

2.) Second Option is to try CBROM115.exe (Asus Release). With this it was possible to extract, release and re-add the UTS64K.BIN with NOCOMPRESS.
BUT - I noticed that after extraction the file was not completly filled with 00 as it should be (I guess)... Or was in the BIOS you provided.
I guess I could be a good idea to fill the file with 00 completly before re-adding it.
But this way there is something different after re-adding it - Look in HEX code after UTS64K.BIN - This is part missing $UL_TPM$ (maybe only something temporary UL_TPM -> Upload temp?).
Anyway - I made seconds ago (while writing) the second test as well with CBROM115 extracted UTS64K.BIN (and filled with 00).
So in this file it only a test if this works - no NVMe mod inside...
EX58UD4P.zip

All in All we need a tester for both - Otherwise its hard to prove if this all works

Here are some interesting links:

Read YEN's Posting at end he wrote "I have used cbrom115 therefore.....that UTS64K.BIN data is used to prevent modding and AFAIK not needed at all"
OR/AND
https://axe.rs/forum/threads/mod-bios-mod.8194/ (use google translator - so did I)

Another Idea (may the best...)
I tried to play with this strange $UL_TPM$ - And this time I cut from $UL_TPM$ to the end. This can be added with CBROM <BIOS> /NOCOMPRESS UTS64K.BIN
UTS64K.BIN or this one UTS64K_2.BIN
After using this - Original ROM (from you) and new released and re-added with UTS64K.BIN - looks OK (via HEX compare)

But thats all - otherwise I out of Ideas :)

Last edited:
Yes - this is not easy/obvious - And at the end not confiremd until someone tested that BIOS on an GA-EX58-UD4P Board...
"I'm not talking about Overwriting this Module without Extracting." Yes - I know... Mostly not a good idea!

I guess the are two options (from which I tried the first one with the file EX58UD4PMOD2.14P.ZIP

1) As this in uncompresse -lh0 I cut part out of compresses BIOS with HEX editor (HxD). Modules are beginning two digits in front of - from -lh0 and this End before the first Y (FF).
This part was saved in a file UTS64K.BIN.
Then I release the "NoCompress" part normally - CBROM <BIOS> /NOCOMPRESS release.
UTS64K.BIN was pushed after every thing else was re-added to BIOS with CBROM <BIOS> /GROUP25 UTS64K.BIN (yes -with GROUP25 - did not work with NOCOMPRESS)
CBROM push this into BIOS without compression.

2.) Second Option is to try CBROM115.exe (Asus Release). With this it was possible to extract, release and re-add the UTS64K.BIN with NOCOMPRESS.
BUT - I noticed that after extraction the file was not completly filled with 00 as it should be (I guess)... Or was in the BIOS you provided.
I guess I could be a good idea to fill the file with 00 completly before re-adding it.
But this way there is something different after re-adding it - Look in HEX code after UTS64K.BIN - This is part missing $UL_TPM$ (maybe only something temporary UL_TPM -> Upload temp?).
Anyway - I made seconds ago (while writing) the second test as well with CBROM115 extracted UTS64K.BIN (and filled with 00).
So in this file it only a test if this works - no NVMe mod inside...
EX58UD4P.zip

All in All we need a tester for both - Otherwise its hard to prove if this all works

Here are some interesting links:

Read YEN's Posting at end he wrote "I have used cbrom115 therefore.....that UTS64K.BIN data is used to prevent modding and AFAIK not needed at all"
OR/AND
https://axe.rs/forum/threads/mod-bios-mod.8194/ (use google translator - so did I)

Another Idea (may the best...)
I tried to play with this strange $UL_TPM$ - And this time I cut from $UL_TPM$ to the end. This can be added with CBROM <BIOS> /NOCOMPRESS UTS64K.BIN
UTS64K.BIN or this one UTS64K_2.BIN
After using this - Original ROM (from you) and new released and re-added with UTS64K.BIN - looks OK (via HEX compare)

But thats all - otherwise I out of Ideas :)
Thanks for your efforts and comments.
Nice and detailed explanation.
Extracting modules with the 1-option HEX editor application you mentioned is positive, but it is very important to know where the module starts and where it ends. You already tried to explain.
Second Option, I hadn't tried CBROM115.exe (Asus Edition) but now I see it's ok for this bios file.
Good job.
Because this may not work well for every Award bios.
Also, Award bios editor can be used, which can give missing file information for some modules.
I see that you have done a great job and you have stated your warnings.
It came to mind to open a new thread.
For example NVMe SSD Support for 775,1156,1155 and 1150 pin motherboards.
But I can't do this because I'm too busy.
But I can help, contribute whenever I have time.
What do you say?
Just a suggestion.
Thanks for everything

Second Option, I hadn't tried CBROM115.exe (Asus Edition) but now I see it's ok for this bios file.
Good job.
Because this may not work well for every Award bios.
Yes - I normaly use CBROM198fixed.exe (modded Version from Modfreakz) and CBROM155.exe (in the meantime only for NCPUCODE.BIN adjustments) - Came across this CBROM115.exe digging for a UTS64K.BIN solution - A bit of a mess with all those Versions. I habe a bigger collection of CBROMs - but never used most of them. :)
btw: Modfreaks proveded a nice Collection of *.bat files for modding AWARD Bios (this includes his CBROM198fixed.exe) - And *.bat files adjusted for his GA-MA790FXT-UD5P.
But I never used them - Have my own bat stuff. And the GA-EX58-EXT is quite easy to de/re/compress compared to others.

Also, Award bios editor can be used, which can give missing file information for some modules.
Good point. I know Awd Bios Editor but didn't used it often. And if ONLY for extracting. Everything else mess things up. But you know this for sure.
Btw: I guess this part $UL_TPM$ was added indeed as extract protection! If you add a uncpompressed block without it - later versions of CBROM can extract NOCOMPRESS as usual. Has this block (same total size) an $UL_TPM$ at the beginning - NOCOMPRESS extraction fails with "cant read".
Maybe: TPM = Trusted Platform Module ? :)

For example NVMe SSD Support for 775,1156,1155 and 1150 pin motherboards.
But I can't do this because I'm too busy.
But I can help, contribute whenever I have time.
What do you say?
Understandable - I know how much time such an project can cost. Years ago I was active in modding scene of specific samsung android phones and TVs and provided a few how-to's. But thats all over and I reduced my modding activities to the minimun and only if the time and real life will allow that... Actually I stopped all activities. Untill you came up with your thread :) :)

For specific topcis I'm willing to help. I like to dig deep into problems - But a complete support thread for (to me) unknown BIOS/Boards providing modded BIOS for everyone would be way too much...
Sorry!

I took file _2 offline - after all (and chross checking with Award Bios Editor) UTS64K.BIN should be the the full working file addable via NOCOMPRESS as usual.
And a working extract protection afterwards. If this is needed at all - But who knows :)

Last edited:
Untill you came up with your thread :) :)
That's it... That's what's beautiful and convenient.
Because the reason he suggested this to you, what I have, why did he summon you here?
So why?
In my first message to you, "Your ideas are like the translator of my thoughts."
I wrote something like this.
For specific topcis I'm willing to help. I like to dig deep into problems - But a complete support thread for (to me) unknown BIOS/Boards providing modded BIOS for everyone would be way too much...
Sorry!
Dealing with modding and software coding is like a pastime for me.
I'm sure the same goes for you.
I asked you because I know this.
Of course, we all have a business life and expectations.
Just like your situation, the lack of time or free time applies to me as well.
Isn't this business fun anyway?
I'm not forcing anyone and I don't let anyone force me.
So I'm in control.
The most troublesome task here will be NVMe bios modding for 775 and 1156 pin motherboards.
For 1155 and 1150 pin motherboards, not much effort is needed.
You surely know this.
In addition, dealing with software issues also increases our skills and learning new techniques that we have not encountered before.
However, if your ideas do not change, of course, it should be respected.

System Name Personal rig & Folder
Processor R9 5900X (VRM-B2) @ 180W/160A/140A | Mfg Wk03/2022
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Thermalright PA120 w/ 3x P12, MX-6
Memory 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 8Gbit Rev.E (DR) @ 3800CL15-18-8-17-34-54-540-1T @ 1.45v, 1900MHz FCLK
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Devil 6600XT @ C2800MHz/M2300MHz (Samsung) @ 192W TGP | MX-6, TP-3
Storage 1x SK hynix Gold P31 1TB (boot), 1x 2TB TeamGroup MP33 Pro, 1x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD 5900RPM
Display(s) 1x Gigabyte M27Q, 1x Dell 2007WFP, 1x Dell E152FPg
Case Phanteks P500A (non-digital) w/ 4x 140mm Arctic P14 PWM PST CO fans
Audio Device(s) FiiO E10K-TC (USB) -> beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (80ohm)
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Core RGB
Software W10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/machinelearning/ ~ https://hwbot.org/team/warp9_systems/
That's it... That's what's beautiful and convenient.
Because the reason he suggested this to you, what I have, why did he summon you here?
So why?
In my first message to you, "Your ideas are like the translator of my thoughts."
I wrote something like this.

Dealing with modding and software coding is like a pastime for me.
I'm sure the same goes for you.
I asked you because I know this.
Of course, we all have a business life and expectations.
Just like your situation, the lack of time or free time applies to me as well.
Isn't this business fun anyway?
I'm not forcing anyone and I don't let anyone force me.
So I'm in control.
The most troublesome task here will be NVMe bios modding for 775 and 1156 pin motherboards.
For 1155 and 1150 pin motherboards, not much effort is needed.
You surely know this.
In addition, dealing with software issues also increases our skills and learning new techniques that we have not encountered before.
However, if your ideas do not change, of course, it should be respected.
I am useless for bios modding. Software, is not my skill. However, I have multiple 775 and 1156 boards to help you validate BIOSes. :)
If you do decide to make a thread - please let me know, since I am happy to help where I can.
I have huge respect to your talent and determination to tackle these things.

hanaouesso

Hello everyone, sorry for the late reply.
I tried different bios settings, but still the same.
I tried with another NVME and the windows installation works fine but after restarting the installation there is the message "disk boot failure"

Here is a photo of the hard drive and the hardware identifications

Thanks again

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 130
  • image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
Hello everyone, sorry for the late reply.
I tried different bios settings, but still the same.
I tried with another NVME and the windows installation works fine but after restarting the installation there is the message "disk boot failure"

Here is a photo of the hard drive and the hardware identifications

Thanks again

@donbobka He gave information about solving the problem as below.
Also try putting NVMe SSD Drive first.
Or,
Only get the NVMe SSD Drive Installed on the motherboard.
There should be no drives in the SATA connections.
Never do cloning.
Reinstall from scratch in MBR format.
I hope you know the "Diskpart" drive formatting commands.

I am still trying to resolve my issue: I reformatted disk(tried mbr,gpt), installed ubuntu using old bios, but it still doesn't work with modified bios. What I found is that when I remove nvme then everything starts fine.
Also, everything starts fine when I insert currently not supported by your bios nvme. But of course, I can't boot from nvme.

My main NVME is Samsung 960 pro = PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A804
My second NVME is ADATA xpg sx8200 pro = PCI\VEN_1CC1&DEV_8201
I suspect that maybe it's problem with my Samsung 960 pro (maybe incompatible nvme firmware)? Could you please add PCI\VEN_1CC1&DEV_8201?

UPDATE: I disabled all devices in "Integrated peripherals" menu and it started successfully + I see my Samsung nvme in boot menu :)
In addition:
You have given me many different driver hardware IDs in your previous messages and I have rearranged the Bios file for each hardware ID.
Now I see yet another hardware credentials.
May I know the reason for this?

I am useless for bios modding. Software, is not my skill. However, I have multiple 775 and 1156 boards to help you validate BIOSes. :)
If you do decide to make a thread - please let me know, since I am happy to help where I can.
I have huge respect to your talent and determination to tackle these things.
Respected @MachineLearning
It's a great chance that you volunteered for this job.
Software is definitely not a skill.
Experience is the biggest help.
It's just like patience and math calculation.
I'm already trying to help as much as I can, but of course I need the support of someone who knows this business..
I hope there is someone who is sensitive to the thread you want that can help.

Last edited:

hanaouesso

@donbobka He gave information about solving the problem as below.
Also try putting NVMe SSD Drive first.
Or,
Only get the NVMe SSD Drive Installed on the motherboard.
There should be no drives in the SATA connections.
Never do cloning.
Reinstall from scratch in MBR format.
I hope you know the "Diskpart" drive formatting commands.

In addition:
You have given me many different driver hardware IDs in your previous messages and I have rearranged the Bios file for each hardware ID.
Now I see yet another hardware credentials.
May I know the reason for this?
thank you for the answer, I work in an IT department, I can recover a lot of obsolete equipment. I have already tried all these settings, notably with diskpart with intel NVMe but By trying with this new NVMe I was able to install it so I think if the bios is modified for this brand it will work.

After a smooth NVMe SSD BIOS update, feel free to share your impressions and evaluation with me and other people.
Thank you.

thank you for the answer, I work in an IT department, I can recover a lot of obsolete equipment. I have already tried all these settings, notably with diskpart with intel NVMe but By trying with this new NVMe I was able to install it so I think if the bios is modified for this brand it will work.
Which motherboard model?

Last edited:

hanaouesso

Thank you.

Which motherboard model?
It’s GA-X58A-UD3R (Revision 2.0) . Thank you

hanaouesso

Attachments

• B5D39D71-8AD2-43DC-BB88-BD188A8A7F55.jpeg
    B5D39D71-8AD2-43DC-BB88-BD188A8A7F55.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 115
thank you for the speed, I just tried but I think there is a problem with the boot. I can no longer boot even on my SSD. I have this little flashing line. (impossible to enter the bios or the boot menu)
Now do exactly what I wrote.
1-No hardware driver should be installed on the motherboard.
2-processor+ram+video card+keyboard only
3-Reset the CMOS or remove the bios battery and wait for a while and plug it back in.
4-After doing the above correctly, hold down the Del key to enter the BIOS. You must enter the BIOS.
5-Make the bios settings correctly and save and exit with F10.
6-Get the USB flash drive ready for win10 installation and plug it into the motherboard.
You can now insert the 7-NVMe SSD into one of the PCI Express Slots.
8-Enter the bios and place the USB flash memory in the first row.
9-You can proceed to the installation.
10-Unfortunately, I have to explain these in detail,
Because that line sign on the screen means that the NVMe SSD is recognized by the motherboard and the operating system is not installed on the NVMe SSD, so it cannot loop translation.

hanaouesso

Now do exactly what I wrote.
1-No hardware driver should be installed on the motherboard.
2-processor+ram+video card+keyboard only
3-Reset the CMOS or remove the bios battery and wait for a while and plug it back in.
4-After doing the above correctly, hold down the Del key to enter the BIOS. You must enter the BIOS.
5-Make the bios settings correctly and save and exit with F10.
6-Get the USB flash drive ready for win10 installation and plug it into the motherboard.
You can now insert the 7-NVMe SSD into one of the PCI Express Slots.
8-Enter the bios and place the USB flash memory in the first row.
9-You can proceed to the installation.
10-Unfortunately, I have to explain these in detail,
Because that line sign on the screen means that the NVMe SSD is recognized by the motherboard and the operating system is not installed on the NVMe SSD, so it cannot loop translation.
Thank you, the installation is finally successful.
After the cmos reset and before you must not miss the boot on the key otherwise start all over again.
I had a PCI-E USB3 card plugged which was a problem

1- Removed all card peripherals...
2-Clear CMOS
3- In the bios make the settings (like the attachments)
4- Insert the NVMe
5-Boot on the key without pressing F12

Thank you very much and well done İsmailTPC_Hastanesi

Attachments

• IMG_1548.jpg
    IMG_1548.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1549.jpg
    IMG_1549.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 203

donbobka

@İsmailTPC_Hastanesi Could you please add 1 more card to GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev 2)?
It's Kingston NV2 PCI\VEN_2646&DEV_5017

Last edited:
@İsmailTPC_Hastanesi Could you please add 1 more card to GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev 2)?
It's Kingston NV2 PCI\VEN_2646&DEV_5017
File Ready.
About your NVMe SSD you used
1- System information with "F9" via BIOS, boot drive image,
2- Driver information by pressing "F12" after the post information screen during the motherboard boot,
3- Additionally Desktop screenshots about your NVMe SSD,
Yes, pictures are added, but they are insufficient.
These requests should not be too much.
You are asking me for help.
I'm patiently trying to help you anyway.
I don't expect any response from these works, do I?
It's a small and simple request that I ask, on the basis of an unconditional favor.
The reason I ask these from you is not for myself.
It's to help other people and be brave enough to update their bios without any problems.

Thank you, the installation is finally successful.
After the cmos reset and before you must not miss the boot on the key otherwise start all over again.
I had a PCI-E USB3 card plugged which was a problem

1- Removed all card peripherals...
2-Clear CMOS
3- In the bios make the settings (like the attachments)
4- Insert the NVMe
5-Boot on the key without pressing F12

Thank you very much and well done İsmailTPC_Hastanesi
Thank you.
You can send more information and pictures.
This will help me and other people.

Last edited:

donbobka

File Ready.
About your NVMe SSD you used
1- System information with "F9" via BIOS, boot drive image,
2- Driver information by pressing "F12" after the post information screen during the motherboard boot,
3- Additionally Desktop screenshots about your NVMe SSD,
Yes, pictures are added, but they are insufficient.
These requests should not be too much.
You are asking me for help.
I'm patiently trying to help you anyway.
I don't expect any response from these works, do I?
It's a small and simple request that I ask, on the basis of an unconditional favor.
The reason I ask these from you is not for myself.
It's to help other people and be brave enough to update their bios without any problems.
Tried it, but doesn't work. I think you mixed the order of bytes for vendor/device id for device 5017. (Unfortunately I don't know yet how to insert oprom in correct order :) to fix it by myself )

1670249792978.png

PS.: No problem with screenshots, will do for both of my nvmes

Samsung 960 Pro

Annotation 2022-12-06 014406.pngIMG_5410.jpegIMG_5519.jpgIMG_5518.jpg

Last edited: