• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

760 Ti OEM legacy support in add hardware?

Zensaition

Hey Tech powerup team,
I have a 760 Ti OEM in my media pc I get that it isnt well known and just a few prebuilts came with it. but would be awesome if you just were able to put in this gpu in the add hardware section or make them compatible and many other legacy gpus or weird models ta nvidia has made lol. love the software just a bummer how nvidia and amd drop support

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
Hey Tech powerup team,
I have a 760 Ti OEM in my media pc I get that it isnt well known and just a few prebuilts came with it. but would be awesome if you just were able to put in this gpu in the add hardware section or make them compatible and many other legacy gpus or weird models ta nvidia has made lol. love the software just a bummer how nvidia and amd drop support

The problem with it is that the NVIDIA drivers no longer support Kepler at all. There's no way to force compatibility by using NVCleanstall. The app has the functionality that you want already (you can simply add the device ID and name you want), but the codepath is no longer there, the GPU is just too old, so there's no point in doing so.

You'll want to use an older version, currently the latest driver to support 700 series is 474.89:

This driver isn't WHQL signed because Microsoft no longer accepts driver WHQL submissions for Windows 7. If you run into issues installing, try NVCleanstall's own signing certificate or follow this guide:

The Windows 10 version of the driver should still be signed, though.

Zensaition

yeah finding that information is a pain and typing it in all the time then having it included in the drop down is convenient plus this gpu is better then a 750 ti yet they dont even have a 760 in the driver makes no sense... I get its old from like 2013, its been 10yrs but its still a capable card. get is on nvidia but would be nice to try or support legacy gpus or weird ones in the add hardware sections.

The problem with it is that the NVIDIA drivers no longer support Kepler at all. There's no way to force compatibility by using NVCleanstall. The app has the functionality that you want already (you can simply add the device ID and name you want), but the codepath is no longer there, the GPU is just too old, so there's no point in doing so.

You'll want to use an older version, currently the latest driver to support 700 series is 474.89:

This driver isn't WHQL signed because Microsoft no longer accepts driver WHQL submissions for Windows 7. If you run into issues installing, try NVCleanstall's own signing certificate or follow this guide:

The Windows 10 version of the driver should still be signed, though.

Last edited:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
and typing it in all the time
Once you've installed it the first time, the second driver install will have a "use previous" settings button at the end of the tweaks screen