• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer flashing

System Name ABRF-PCMR
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) PREDATOR BIFROST Intel® Arc™ A770 OC
Storage 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro
Display(s) 27" UHD Philips 276E
Audio Device(s) Loxjie A30
Power Supply XPG Core Reactor 650W
Mouse Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed
Keyboard Redragon K539-RGB (Brown)
Software Windows 11
Is there a problem flashing only OPROM C and not D?

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Philips Evnia 49M2C8900
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Is there a problem flashing only OPROM C and not D?
No I thought I had included that in the guide, it’s possible it’s only written on my git but the card will run with mismatch firmware. Of course no guarantees from Intel or myself but to date it’s not been an issue.

System Name ABRF-PCMR
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600MHz DDR4
Software Windows 11
No I thought I had included that in the guide, it’s possible it’s only written on my git but the card will run with mismatch firmware. Of course no guarantees from Intel or myself but to date it’s not been an issue.
It's mentioned that it runs with mismatch firmware, I just wasn't sure if it applied to OPROM differences only.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
It's mentioned that it runs with mismatch firmware, I just wasn't sure if it applied to OPROM differences only.
Nah you can do firmware from different firmwares and different firmwares from even the driver running. It’s a lot of ground to cover and took me a few days but I never ran into any problems.

Hm I only download drivers from TPU as stated in the OP. I don’t want to include oem drivers so that the matrix works with all systems. It’s possible it was simply missed though. Thanks I will look into this later and determine if I can add it. I have a few cards to test on.

This has been completed. This was released as WHQL 6 day after the WHQL before it, and 2 days before the next BETA.

There are a lot of bizzar things about this driver. This driver appears to have been modified by acer as it is a zip and not in the original Intel executable format.

The FWdata folder ONLY contains data for Acer cards.

This appears to have been replaced in later versions if you pay attention to the versions of newer drivers. It looks like Intel (smartly imo) is starting to include this data in the FW and making the versions more unified between cards.

With that said. This driver predates these kinds of changes. It looks like this was the initial driver and firmware for acer cards. Reading the version of the fwdata file more of less confirms it.

Image: Fw Data Version: Major Version: 101, OEM Manufacturing Data Version: 1, Major VCN: 1

We want to pay attention to the "Data Version" which is 1. We are currently at "15".

This more or less makes sense since the release date of the card was 2 months prior to this. https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/acer-predator-bifrost-arc-a770-oc.b9947 atleast on paper, as most couldnt get A7xx series cards until around janurary.

Further this card has two fw files that appear to be specific to Acer only. Specifically:

dg2_gfx_fwupdate_A0_SOC2.bin
dg2_gfx_fwupdate_B0_SOC1.bin

These are SOC1 and SOC2 (A770/A380 respectivly) and absolutely will not flash to any of the cards I have here, neither the Asrock A770 8G, ARC LE A770, or the Asrock A380.

Though these firmwares never appear again, it could simply be precursors to the 448/512 EU firmwares that come later.

curious, this driver is officially the first appearence of SOC3. Which I imagine must be some kind of leak. As the first appearence of this firmware from Intels official driver download didnt happen until 101.4577 which has a higher version number then the SOC3 FW in this driver.

System Name ABRF-PCMR
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600MHz DDR4
Software Windows 11
Nah you can do firmware from different firmwares and different firmwares from even the driver running. It’s a lot of ground to cover and took me a few days but I never ran into any problems.

This has been completed. This was released as WHQL 6 day after the WHQL before it, and 2 days before the next BETA.

There are a lot of bizzar things about this driver. This driver appears to have been modified by acer as it is a zip and not in the original Intel executable format.

The FWdata folder ONLY contains data for Acer cards.

This appears to have been replaced in later versions if you pay attention to the versions of newer drivers. It looks like Intel (smartly imo) is starting to include this data in the FW and making the versions more unified between cards.

With that said. This driver predates these kinds of changes. It looks like this was the initial driver and firmware for acer cards. Reading the version of the fwdata file more of less confirms it.

We want to pay attention to the "Data Version" which is 1. We are currently at "15".

This more or less makes sense since the release date of the card was 2 months prior to this. https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/acer-predator-bifrost-arc-a770-oc.b9947 atleast on paper, as most couldnt get A7xx series cards until around janurary.

Further this card has two fw files that appear to be specific to Acer only. Specifically:

dg2_gfx_fwupdate_A0_SOC2.bin
dg2_gfx_fwupdate_B0_SOC1.bin

These are SOC1 and SOC2 (A770/A380 respectivly) and absolutely will not flash to any of the cards I have here, neither the Asrock A770 8G, ARC LE A770, or the Asrock A380.

Though these firmwares never appear again, it could simply be precursors to the 448/512 EU firmwares that come later.

curious, this driver is officially the first appearence of SOC3. Which I imagine must be some kind of leak. As the first appearence of this firmware from Intels official driver download didnt happen until 101.4577 which has a higher version number then the SOC3 FW in this driver.

I can try flashing this firmware here, since I have an Acer A770, but the version number, 2054, seems too low, even for Intel's first driver, is there a risk by flashing this fw?
The firmware didn't flash in your cards due to, probably, incompatibility, if it's not compatible here, will not flash too, right?

I flashed before the 3224 firmware and DG2 OPROM to test the fan behavior (broken with 4644 and mitigated but not fixed with 4824) and was almost normal (unusual RPM values after some time even setting a fixed percentage and some minor performance regression I saw in benchmarks), probably some conflit with other part (OPROM_D or driver related), with the actual firmware if the fan goes to a value below 1000RPM, the fan will instantly go to 0 then ramp up, same behavior from 4644 driver update but less aggressive, the problem with that is the noise, using Arc Control automatic fan curve, the card will be quieter (~1100RPM), but under load will be hotter, and with a custom fan curve, at idle the card will be louder, since Arc Control don't let me put values under 30% (~1400RPM).

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
System Name ABRF-PCMR
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600MHz DDR4
Software Windows 11
Mhm if it’s not compatible it won’t flash

Just to report, I tried flashing dg2_gfx_fwupdate_B0_SOC1.bin on my Acer A770 card, had this error:

IGSC: (D:\OneDrive\Documents\Projects\repos\igsc\lib\igsc_lib.c:gsc_fwu_heci_validate_response_header():605) HECI message failed with status General firmware error 0x23c
IGSC: (D:\OneDrive\Documents\Projects\repos\igsc\lib\igsc_lib.c:gsc_fwu_start():909) Invalid HECI message response (6)
Error: Update process failed
Error: After the update fw version wasn't updated on the device
Image: FW Version: DG02_1.2054
Device: FW Version: DG02_1.3257
Firmware status: General firmware error (572)
Device: FW Version: DG02_1.3257