• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMS2 IMSA agreement could bring my Dream Track to AMS2

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
So Ryeiza (I am drinking) announced that IMSA have an agreement with them. If you don't know IMSA it is the North American form of Endurance racing. One of the tracks that is hard to find in Racing Games is CTMP, I know it as Mosport Park. As a Canadian, I am into all things Canadian (that are for all to enjoy) and since AMS2 is my favourite racing Game this could be epic for me. Most of the tracks in the series are already quite popular like Road Atlanta and Watkins Glen. There are others though like Detroit and the before mentioned CTMP that are fun to drive. Gaming is so sweet right now that I spend most of my days doing just that. I look forward to an IMSA championship using the BMW or Lambo Hypercar. They updated the Physics in the Game again too. Now drving in the cockpit using a controller is even more fun. I have ruined my experience with slower and more importantly lower downforce cars. If you know IMSA I am talking about Ricky Taylor at the end of a race on brand new tires with the Acura Hypercar or Pepo Derani chasing down a car. Exclesior.

AMS2 could basically be considered Project Cars 4 as it uses the same engine as Project Cars. That is sweet as that means you can add Project Cars content to AMS2. As an example, one of my favourite cars to drive is the Bentley Speed 8. I have to admit that the Toyota GT1 from Gran Turismo that you wished you could use for all licence tests is also a sweet car to drive. If that is not your cup of tea there is also the Audi from Test Drive Lemans on Dreamcast to satisfy the appetite. If you are into Open wheel the latest update adds the Senna, Mansell, Schumacher era of cars and tracks.

of course I also have Le Mans Ultimate but that Game is for later. The cars do feel quite raw but the physics is kind of broken. I needed heavy Driver assisstance to stay on track and then proceeded to destro the field so that is not fun. AMS2 is just AI aggresion fun. Even the race for 9th is crazy. I did a 2 class Championship and the top 28 were covered by 2 seconds. As Project Cars you get the advantage at braking points but the AI is proper to the car it is assigned like you cannot compete with the Porsche 919 or Audi 2016 in a straight line so Fuji is a real PITA as you can pass them on the infield but they will drag pass you on the straight.