• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard AORUS B450 ELITE
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S Chromax Black
Memory DDR4 Ballistix Sport LT 2x8GB 3000MHZ CAS15 / DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz CAS 15
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6750XT Reference Design
Storage 2.5 TB 2.5" SSD / 3 TB HDD
Display(s) ASUS 27" 165HZ VG27WQ / Vertical 16/10 iiyama 25" 75Hz ProLite XUB2595WSU-B1
Case be quiet! Dark Base 700 RGB
Audio Device(s) PSB Alpha P3 / LOXJIE A30 Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GA
Mouse Cooler master MM720
Keyboard Roccat horde
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10
Started Re:Creators, not sure about being sucked in, but I really enjoy the opening song: Gravity wall. Nice vibe there.
I remember it was hyped because it was an original with an interesting synopsis and it turned out to be disappointing.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Then there's this:-

I have the 1st 3 Heisei era Gamera movies to watch, which one youtuber recommend watching if you're after a bit more serious tone kaiju movie.
I am excited for this anime though, it looks better than the Godzilla trilogy anime movie that is on netflix.

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
Heres 3 current 2022/2023 anime that I really liked.

1. Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

2. To Your Eternity / Fumetsu no Anata e

3. The Eminence in Shadow.

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
I've reached about 3 episodes in and think I can offer a good review so far...

1680414522981.png

Is there room for yet another Moe x Isekai anime?? I'd say yes. Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear is probably one of the better Moe x Isekai animes and maybe even an above average Isekai overall. I'm estimating about an 7.5/10 rating on this one based on the 3 episodes I've seen so far.

The gist is that Yuna (the turquoise-haired girl in the bear costume) has been Isekai'd, and the god of the new world has granted her an overpowered bear costume. So she has to wear this costume to do anything overpowered... and further all of the spells she casts must be bear themed for maximum effect. Aside from this bear-costume quirk, the plot progresses as a typical overpowered main-character plotline.

That being said, the animation quality was a bit better than I was expecting, and I'm liking some of the tactics that Yuna pulls off.

Despite being an oversaturated genre, I do think Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear takes a few incremental steps ahead of its predecessors. In particular, Yuna remains a likable character through and through. She's a proper action heroine (not a clumsy klutz like too often in these Moe shows). The show stays focused on lower-stakes + being a nice person themes without any unnecessary grimdark mucking things up. Friends she makes, like Fina, are useful and helpful to Yuna. The relationship goes both ways, Yuna as the overpowered protagonist obviously offers things to Fina, but Fina also offers her services to Yuna. So it makes sense for them to be friends. Also, perhaps most importantly. This show actually takes itself seriously. Comedy without making fun of the plot or breaking immersion.

Etc. etc. Just little things that other shows got wrong... but these little details make a difference.

OP:

I'm not sure how many people are looking for Moe x Isekai shows, but they keep making them so someone out there is watching them? (Oh shoot, that someone is me, isn't it?)

Pardon me but what is TTRPG? My good man

TTRPG means "Tabletop RPG". Dungeons and Dragons is perhaps the most famous one.

Last edited:
Really strong anime openings this Spring 2023 season.

Oshi no ko going for a 90 minute 1st episode !!!! I've heard of 40-minute double-episodes, but 90-minute (quadruple length first episode????) is extremely rare. Definitely a show of confidence, though knowing that the 1st episode is basically a full-length movie means I'll have to "schedule" a watch, lol.

Seems like stronger animes are appearing on Hidive, and Disney+/Hulu these days, at least for us American streamers.

Spoilers for Ranking of Kings (as this side season seems to take place after the 1st season):

--------

Aside from Otaku Elf, looks like most of these shows are NOT Isekai for once (Does Megumin count when she wasn't Isekai'd??) ! Well, we got Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch for the Isekai watchers I guess, lol. But looks like a number of quality OPs for some fresh concepts here. A few psychological shows, got that Idol x Murder Mystery (Title: Oshi no ko), a couple of action anime...

Last edited:
Memory DDR4 Ballistix Sport LT 2x8GB 3000MHZ CAS15 / DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz CAS 15
Display(s) ASUS 27" 165HZ VG27WQ / Vertical 16/10 iiyama 25" 75Hz ProLite XUB2595WSU-B1
Keyboard Roccat horde
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10
My planned for this season are :
- Konosuba Bakuen
- Isekai smartphone (don't judge me, junk food once in a while is acceptable )
- Kimetsu no Yaiba
- Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia
- Tonikaku Kawaii Season 2
- Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu

The manga of Oshi no ko is apparently already popular, it could be a really great watch too. I will probably add it for this season.

Oshi no Ko: 3 episode review (2-hour 15-minutes into the anime).

Many ambitious anime start off with 45-minute (1-hour timeslot) double-first episodes. But Oshi No Ko unusually reserved four timeslots for a 90-minute quadruple first episode. The shear audacity of this anime stood out this season, and I wanted to get in on the action.

First and foremost: the quadruple first episode is a little bit slow, but not outrageously so. I think it's natural length should have been maybe ~70 minutes (triple-first episode) rather than 90. Otherwise, the plot is bonkers enough to fill up the whole time, and I think gaining a deeper understanding of all the characters is important. Why? Well, this show is basically an Idol anime crossed with a murder mystery thriller. Despite the crazy crossover in genres, its natural to need to cover all the main character personalities, including the managers, producers, and other people involved in a production. (From an "Idol show" perspective, those personalities are key to trying to become a star. But from the "Murder Mystery Thriller" perspective, learning the characters is necessary to find the whodunit).

For "fair warning", I should note that this anime is definitely feeling taboo and uncomfortably so. Ai herself is a teenage pregnancy case. An up-and-coming idol who somehow got pregnant at the age of 16. Her manager tries to hide this pregnancy from the public, etc. etc. Without going into spoiler territory, two important murders happen, and the main character Aqua resolves himself to try to solve these murders. The father of Ai's kids is likely involved, and thus the Idol plot and Murder-thriller is so linked.

Despite the "touch" of thriller revolving around these two murders... the bulk of the show remains focused on idol / production issues. Ai's manager trying to hide this teenage pregnancy case from her fans. Ai struggles with being authentic, considering most of her performances to be "pretty lies to the camera". The overall "feel" of this story is extremely jaded, with actors, idols, and producers feeling the fake-ness that they present to the fans.

All in all, I think its a reasonably competent drama. But between the uncomfortable taboos, and jaded outlook... I don't think this is a show for everybody. The more mainstream "murder/thriller" parts of the show are a relatively small part of the show. The only way you're really enjoying this is if you like the Idol/Drama parts.

If this sounds like something you can get into and take seriously, I think its an entertaining watch. The visuals are exceptional, watching Aqua (main character) play detective is exciting (though rare: his main job is his acting gigs). And the "babies with full adult minds " mechanic may have been done a bunch today, but its always fun.

jt3fk2gvnxka1.gif

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Just started watching dragon ball Z abridged

Never seen the original animes, it's better this way

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Just started Dead Mount Death Play

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000

I remember keeping up with it when it was still being made. It's too bad it ends with the Cell saga.

Don't forget to watch Dragonball Z Kai Abridged at the end of each season.

Toei Animations created "Dragonball Z Kai" to cut out filler episodes out of DBZ, managing to tell roughly the same story in half the time compared to the original. Of course, "Dragonball Z Kai Abridged" is TeamFourStar's joke series where they cover an entire arc in just 2 to 5 minutes (IE: all of Saiyan Saga, Freiza Saga, or Cell Saga).

----------

The original Hellsing Ultimate is hyperviolent bonkers and takes itself pretty seriously. The "TeamFourStar Abridged" group does an excellent job at summarizing, though they have far more character changes/personality changes for comedy sake in Hellsing Ultimate. I think it works out and is one of my favorite "abridged" series though.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) PNY QUADRO RTX A2000
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG 1080p
Case SilverStone Raven RV03
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Just started FLCL Alternative 2018, and I've got Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! ligned up...I mean Megumin yo :D

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
1684342809708.png

Some kind of otherworldly being (a god / kami??) creates an orb to observe the world. This orb first takes the form of a rock (the first object it touches), but grows emotionally attached to the wolf-dog who dies on the rock. Growing in emotion, the immortal orb then takes the form and instincts of that wolf-dog: returning back to the Northerner who took care of the wolf who died. The orb inadvertently takes over the (former) wolf-dog's life and grows a connection to this Northerner. From there on out, its mostly a story about how this immortal orb makes emotional connections with various characters... and as those character die... how the orb takes the form of those characters to move on its journey of discovery.

Needless to say: this is a very somber and dramatic story. The orb's immortality is seemingly ironclad, it starves to death, gets beheaded, and dies to many fights as the show progresses. But we the audience always knows that the orb will regenerate and continue its journey. That's... not true for the companions the orb meets on the way. Very much not true. I'm only ~5 episodes in, but I can say that each death impacts the orb (and at least myself) with enough emotion that I think there's a good story to be told here.

"Drama" shows are always somewhat risky, in that if the audience doesn't feel connected with the story, then all the drama kind of falls flat. But given the widespread appeal in my social circle (and of myself to this story), I think its safe to say that "To Your Eternity" is a very highly regarded show with higher emotional intelligence than the typical anime. I'd compare this to "The Faraway Paladin", or beyond, as far as recent somber shows go. With just 5 episodes into it, I'm safely scoring this 9/10, though the heavy drama makes it hard to "binge watch", I'll be watching this show in bits and pieces in between some kind of comedic relief.

The author of "To Your Eternity" also wrote the highly-regarded anime movie "A Silent Voice", in case you're curious of the pedigree of this particular anime. After writing a story that focuses upon character's past, the author wanted to write a show that was the opposite. A forward looking anime looking into the future of this immortal being.

Keyboard Roccat horde
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10
Oshinoko's opening song gets an official English Translation.

Now I'm still split on whether or not Oshi no ko is a good anime or not, lol. I think I need more episodes to figure out where its going. But I always like how these idol-anime go all out on the music, especially "outside of the anime", releasing albums in stores and songs on Youtube to help hype the anime.

Or... maybe I like YOASOBI (the music group who created this opening) more than the actual anime, lol. Well, Idol Shows are kinda-sorta also about bringing together the musical experience and mixing it into the story + that fourth-wall breaking / real life push into music stores and the like. So the overall experience is still fun, even if I've got mixed feelings about the plot right now.

Keyboard Roccat horde
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10
Oshinoko's opening song gets an official English Translation.

Now I'm still split on whether or not Oshi no ko is a good anime or not, lol. I think I need more episodes to figure out where its going. But I always like how these idol-anime go all out on the music, especially "outside of the anime", releasing albums in stores and songs on Youtube to help hype the anime.

Or... maybe I like YOASOBI (the music group who created this opening) more than the actual anime, lol. Well, Idol Shows are kinda-sorta also about bringing together the musical experience and mixing it into the story + that fourth-wall breaking / real life push into music stores and the like. So the overall experience is still fun, even if I've got mixed feelings about the plot right now.
I've watch both season of love live some years ago, i don't know how i managed to do that. But Oshi no Ko don't feel like an idol anime at all.
I was actually suprised by all those tone change. It can be really serious and then go with comedy multiple time in an episode. It ended up that when there was comedy i catch the joke but it only put a smile on my face at best even when it's a good one, i'm just stuck in the other mood that is really captivating.
Don't get me wrong, it's really well done and for me it's close to a must watch.

System Name Purple Haze | Vacuum Box
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (-30 CO) | Intel® Xeon® E3-1241 v3
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Cooling Dark Rock 4 Pro, P14, P12, T30 case fans | 212 Evo & P12 PWM PST x2, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans
Memory 32GB Ballistix (Micron E 19nm) CL16 @3733MHz | 32GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz (XMP)
Video Card(s) AMD 6900XTXH ASRock OC Formula & Phanteks T30x3 | AMD 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+ & Arctic P12x2
Storage ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB, Toshiba P300 3TB x2 | Kingston A400 120GB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 256GB
Display(s) Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27", AOC 24G2U
Case Modded MS Industrial Titan II Pro RGB | Heavily Modded Cooler Master Q500L
Audio Device(s) Audient iD14 MKII, Adam Audio T8Vs, Bloody M550, HiFiMan HE400se, Tascam TM-80
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 1000M | Enermax Revolution X't 730W (both with P14 fans)
Mouse Logitech G305, Bloody A91, Amazon basics, Logitech M187
Keyboard Redragon K530, Bloody B930, Epomaker TH80 SE, BTC 9110
Software W10 LTSC 21H2
A recommendation for an anime movie/series with an artistic style of the Hiroyuki Seshita's BLAME! movie from 2017? I kinda fell in love with that...

System Name Computer
Processor Intel 12700K
Motherboard Asus Prime Z690-A
Cooling Twin radiator open loop
Memory Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5
Video Card(s) eVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2 TB
Display(s) Asus PG348Q and two Asus VN279Q monitors
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSX 1000 with Sennheiser HD599 SE
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200P
Mouse Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB Wireless
Keyboard Keychron Q3 Max
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 10 Pro
A recommendation for an anime movie/series with an artistic style of the Hiroyuki Seshita's BLAME! movie from 2017? I kinda fell in love with that...

Sidonia no Kishi (Knights of Sidonia)

Hiroyuki Seshita directed season 2 and was chief director for the film (3rd season essentially). BLAME! art style is a carbon copy and both are by Polygon Pictures.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) PNY QUADRO RTX A2000
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG 1080p
Case SilverStone Raven RV03
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Yep, I fell not so much for the movie, but the source material: Tsutomu Nihei 's work. I own some of the books from BLAME! and also went through Biomega. My advice is just dig in reading. Most of them are available on line. You will get more than searching for a movie that will fit this niche. I couldn't go through second season of Knights of Sidonia personally.

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Ocean Plastic Mouse
Keyboard Galax Stealth
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
Weeb thread! OP is quite the throwback, referring to things like CCCP and Netflix as a DVD rental :laugh:

I've rewatched Dragon Ball Super again this week. Toei definitely wasn't in top shape when they made it, but it really picks up in the Future Trunks saga.

Anyone else anxious for the return of the NieR Automata anime?

:lovetpu: