• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock Deskmini Owner's Club

What do you use your Deskmini for?

• Total voters
System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
With the 32GB of RAM, I can statically assign 8GB to the iGPU, and now it can run Stable Diffusion. Not well, but I think it's neat that the iGPU in this can run it.
Is 8GB the limit? (edit) I was poking around and my UMA Framebuffer size can go up to 16GB. I don't know if this depends on which version of Vega iGPU is installed.

Last edited:
System Name NoName
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D
Motherboard Msi Tomahawk X670E
Cooling Silentium PC Dual tower cooler
Memory G.Skill 6000MHz Hynix M-die
Video Card(s) AsRock Challenger Arc 750
Storage Kingston KC3000 1 TB, PNY 3030 512GB
Display(s) Lenovo 31,5" 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Meshify Window White with white bequiet fans
Power Supply Seasonic 750W
Mouse Basic Logitech "silent" mouse
Keyboard Logitech Mx
Software Linux
Is 8GB the limit? (edit) I was poking around and my UMA Framebuffer size can go up to 16GB. I don't know if this depends on which version of Vega iGPU is installed.
16GB seems to be the setting limit for UMA Framebuffer. Bios had options for 16GB and below. Also values from BIOS-file also tells me that 16GB is max.

Asked from Asrock: If they had any newer bios for X300 with newer AGESA->With those security updates like Zen bleed. They answered really fast(in a day) and send me file dated 21.2.2024 and seems to have ComboAM4v2PI 1.2.0.C. Probably nothing else has not changed. I already flashed file and same memory settings seem to work.

Also deshrouded one of my Wraith coolers. I did not install it. Just wanted see, if I could have some kind a idea what to do next.

Attachments

• CPUz.png
    CPUz.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 20
System Name NoName
Keyboard Logitech Mx
Software Linux
16GB seems to be the setting limit for UMA Framebuffer. Bios had options for 16GB and below. Also values from BIOS-file also tells me that 16GB is max.

Asked from Asrock: If they had any newer bios for X300 with newer AGESA->With those security updates like Zen bleed. They answered really fast(in a day) and send me file dated 21.2.2024 and seems to have ComboAM4v2PI 1.2.0.C. Probably nothing else has not changed. I already flashed file and same memory settings seem to work.

Also deshrouded one of my Wraith coolers. I did not install it. Just wanted see, if I could have some kind a idea what to do next.
Can't edit my older message so: Beta bios is also made available from Asrock betabios page.

I also did test with my Wraith Stealth. Removed the shroud and yes it fits inside the X300. But noise from the fan is not for me. Sounds like ball bearing fan, but this fan should be hydraulic bearing(?). But I removed original fan and replaced it with 80mm Noctua PWM fan.

Still interested if I could someway install 92mm Noctua to Wraith stealth heatsink. There is space for it, but fastening needs thinking. Maybe something I work with in summer.

Last edited:
System Name NoName
Keyboard Logitech Mx
Software Linux
Can't edit my older message so: Beta bios is also made available from Asrock betabios page.

I also did test with my Wraith Stealth. Removed the shroud and yes it fits inside the X300. But noise from the fan is not for me. Sounds like ball bearing fan, but this fan should be hydraulic bearing(?). But I removed original fan and replaced it with 80mm Noctua PWM fan.

Still interested if I could someway install 92mm Noctua to Wraith stealth heatsink. There is space for it, but fastening needs thinking. Maybe something I work with in summer.
I wasn't happy with using 80mm Noctua fan and Wraith Stealth. Noise was ok but performance was not what I was expecting. I did notice a week ago, that I have 2 different Wraith Stealths. One has 9 bladed AVC fan which I did try first->This has hydraulic bearing according the label, but it spins like there is ball bearings.

So I installed second Wraith Stealth which fan is... ...made by Coolermaster(Coolerhamster). This 5 bladed fan is so much better. Doesn't feel like ball bearing fan. Noise is also so much lower compared to AVC. Also noticed that fan shroud's are not compatible. Couldn't install Coolermasters shroud to AVC fan.

I also restored older bios, reason was with new bios high memory clocks, AMD gpu driver crashed when using Firefox and Youtube. Never happened with older bios.

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
I wasn't happy with using 80mm Noctua fan and Wraith Stealth. Noise was ok but performance was not what I was expecting. I did notice a week ago, that I have 2 different Wraith Stealths. One has 9 bladed AVC fan which I did try first->This has hydraulic bearing according the label, but it spins like there is ball bearings.

So I installed second Wraith Stealth which fan is... ...made by Coolermaster(Coolerhamster). This 5 bladed fan is so much better. Doesn't feel like ball bearing fan. Noise is also so much lower compared to AVC. Also noticed that fan shroud's are not compatible. Couldn't install Coolermasters shroud to AVC fan.

I also restored older bios, reason was with new bios high memory clocks, AMD gpu driver crashed when using Firefox and Youtube. Never happened with older bios.
Interesting my Wraith Stealth has 7 bladed fan. :rolleyes: I'm still on UEFI/BIOS 1.80F no issues there as far as I know.

I've managed to source Wraith Stealth from several different sources: R5 2200G, R5 2600, 4750G Not sure which one the 7 blade fan was from.

System Name NoName
Keyboard Logitech Mx
Software Linux
Interesting my Wraith Stealth has 7 bladed fan. :rolleyes: I'm still on UEFI/BIOS 1.80F no issues there as far as I know.

I've managed to source Wraith Stealth from several different sources: R5 2200G, R5 2600, 4750G Not sure which one the 7 blade fan was from.
I am not sure but I remember that I calculated 9 blades week ago(it could have been 7). But still my opinion is that AVC fan is not good, but I am noise sensitive.

Also seems that my stability problems seems to be related to SOC voltage which drops sometimes really low according to HWinfo64. I will research more of this.

Edit. Just had AMD VGA driver crash with older bios and SOC voltage was 1.105 according to HWinfo64. It is manually set to 1.1625 volts. Lowering won't help so I will go higher. I didn't have to do any of this with 4650 Pro, it always worked with automatic settings.

Edit 2. I lowered my memory speed and IF to 3600MHz and 1800MHz. Testing it now.

I installed 80mm Noctua back. I didn't like that sidepanel was bulging from side with installed Coolermaster fan. Also I did install Noctua 40x40x20mm fan to backpanel with double sided tape. Fan fits between the heatsink screws over the HDMI and Displayport.

Edit 3. Firefox crashes AMD driver on youtube even at stock settings. Also noticed that if you spin around your mouse cursor in Youtube Home page->it just rises temperatures and AMD driver crashes. I will try with disabled acceleration.

Last edited: