• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't choose a smartphone

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Guys, you all have to slow down. The guy is in the US. Every single suggestion I've seen here, outside of the galaxy S and pixel, are totally irrelevant, as none of them will work on the largest carrier, verizon, which is something OP wanted.
I think that in this price range and excluding Chinese brands, the Moto G84/MotoG82 is one of the most decent devices you can get.
Those are not available in the US. The imports do NOT work on verizon and are missing bands for ATT.
look in GSM Arena, china made phones brands POCO, xiaomi note, early bird discounts, coupons. Or used phones.
>user is in the US
>needs to work on all carriers.

Maybe you are not US based, but random chinese grey imports are the WORST suggestion here. NONE will work on verizon, most wont work on ATT either.
I think cheap Chinese phones are the only option. Samsung phones at this price don't have wireless charging. Neither do Pixel phones (they're also smaller at this budget, the bigger Pixels cost a fair bit more). Motorola phones at this budget don't have wireless charging OR NFC.
Guys read the OP. User is in the USA and needs compatibility with ALL carriers. Chineseium is not an option here.
Iphones are outta question, this guy wants only droids.

Samsung A series is kinda broad. What models are more worth consideration?
So, since your friend is in the USA, there are some things to consider. The biggest, US carriers are FAR MORE CLOSED IN then the rest of the world. Disregard all the suggestions of chinese or grey imports. If you want carrier compatibility, you must have a samsung, motorola, sony, apple, or other brand that sells in the US directly. Anything international will not support CDMA (so verizon is just out) and will be missing bands for ATT. Those are the two largest carriers. They also tend to get VoLTE blocked, so their ability to make phone calls can be zilch, depends on how moody ATT is.

At $300, your choices are limited. Wireless charging you can throw right out the window. You dont get it at this price range. Your two realistic choices are the moto G stylus 2023 5g, or the samsung galaxy A54 5g. Both of these fit the other requirements and have NFC (however the samsung is 6.4", only the motorola fall in your size requirement), but do not have wireless charging.

The closest you can get, at the moment, to all your specs is the google pixel 7a, which is currently on sale for $374. That has NFC and wireless charging, and works on all american carriers without issue. However, it is only 6.1". The larger Pros that are 6.5+ are going to run you $800 or more.

Pixel 6 or 6a is not a bad choice. They can be had for around $300, if you look around for a deal.

IDK about your country's pricing though.
Pixel 6 is no longer available new from google. New in Box is one of OPs requirements.

6a is still available, but it does nto have wireless charging, which is another of OPs requirements.

System Name MSI GT77HX
Processor Intel i9-13980HX
Memory 64 GB DDR5 @ 4800 mhz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX 4090 Mobile
Storage 2 TB 980 Pro
Display(s) 4K/144 Hz Mini-LED
Benchmark Scores 23,616 Timespy Graphics
Pixel 6 or 6a is not a bad choice. They can be had for around $300, if you look around for a deal.

IDK about your country's pricing though.
6a can be found for under $300 for sure, especially in a few weeks as black friday sales start popping up, but it lacks wireless charging and is smaller than the 6.5-6.9" display size he requested. Not sure about the Pixel 6 though, it meets the list of demands better, but not sure if it will drop below $300, or how many places still sell it new in box, as the official google store still sells the 6a, but not the 6 or 6 pro.

System Name Light Gaming
Processor AMD RYZEN 5 5500 +CO+PBO+200
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II
Cooling ID-COOLING ZOOMFLOW 240XT
Memory 2x DDR4 8GB 3200MHZ CL16 PNY XLR8 GAMING
Video Card(s) MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
Storage XPG SPECTRIX S40G 512GB PCIe Gen3x4 + 480GB SSD KINGSTON
Display(s) GIGABYTE G27F 27" 144 Hz IPS Gaming Monitor
Case Thermaltake S300 TG White Snow
Audio Device(s) Logitech G PRO LOL EDITION
Power Supply Thermaltake Smart BX1 750W
Mouse Logitech G PRO LOL EDITION
Keyboard Logitech G PRO LOL EDITION
Software WIN10PRO
I don´t know actual pricing in the US but Samsung S20 FE 5G or A54 would be a good fit.

System Name MSI GT77HX
Storage 2 TB 980 Pro
Guys, you all have to slow down. The guy is in the US. Every single suggestion I've seen here, outside of the galaxy S and pixel, are totally irrelevant, as none of them will work on the largest carrier, verizon, which is something OP wanted.

Those are not available in the US. The imports do NOT work on verizon and are missing bands for ATT.

>user is in the US
>needs to work on all carriers.

Maybe you are not US based, but random chinese grey imports are the WORST suggestion here. NONE will work on verizon, most wont work on ATT either.

Guys read the OP. User is in the USA and needs compatibility with ALL carriers. Chineseium is not an option here.

So, since your friend is in the USA, there are some things to consider. The biggest, US carriers are FAR MORE CLOSED IN then the rest of the world. Disregard all the suggestions of chinese or grey imports. If you want carrier compatibility, you must have a samsung, motorola, sony, apple, or other brand that sells in the US directly. Anything international will not support CDMA (so verizon is just out) and will be missing bands for ATT. Those are the two largest carriers. They also tend to get VoLTE blocked, so their ability to make phone calls can be zilch, depends on how moody ATT is.

At $300, your choices are limited. Wireless charging you can throw right out the window. You dont get it at this price range. Your two realistic choices are the moto G stylus 2023 5g, or the samsung galaxy A54 5g. Both of these fit the other requirements and have NFC (however the samsung is 6.4", only the motorola fall in your size requirement), but do not have wireless charging.

The closest you can get, at the moment, to all your specs is the google pixel 7a, which is currently on sale for $374. That has NFC and wireless charging, and works on all american carriers without issue. However, it is only 6.1". The larger Pros that are 6.5+ are going to run you $800 or more.

Pixel 6 is no longer available new from google. New in Box is one of OPs requirements.

6a is still available, but it does nto have wireless charging, which is another of OPs requirements.
I did read the OP. The reason I said Chinese brands are likely the only option is because the brands sold here frequently straight up can't meet all his other requirements at that price range.

Pixel 6 not being sold BY GOOGLE does not mean it can't be found new in box elsewhere though.

What bands the Chinese phones do/don't work on is something I know incredibly little about because I pay no attention to their phones for the most part, as they're not things I'd consider buying myself.

System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD
>user is in the US
My bad, I know OP was from Europe and missed that bit.

I got my Pixel 6 for $300. It was not sold by Google. It was BNIB. With a bit of looking, I can find a lot of out of production phones BNIB.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Mouse *squeak*
I did read the OP.
The reason I said Chinese brands are likely the only option is because the brands sold here frequently straight up can't meet all his other requirements at that price range.
Pixel 6 not being sold BY GOOGLE does not mean it can't be found new in box elsewhere though.
The pixel 6 is a rare find now, it's 2 years old and manufacturing is over. Finding one new in box will be difficult, and will likely be outside OP's price range anyway.
What bands the Chinese phones do/don't work on is something I know incredibly little about because I pay no attention to their phones for the most part, as they're not things I'd consider buying myself.
Well I'll lay it down for you. Chinese phones have 0 compatibility with CDMA. So no verizon, and no US cellular. Period.

They also do not have US band compatibility. This means severely limited wireless compatibility with ATT. T mobile, usually they will work, but they are missing several crucial bands, ESPECIALLY the low frequency bands, so your signal is gonna SUCK unless you can physically see a tower. ATT is also protective of their network. Features like VoLTE will only be allowed on approved devices. America's 3g network is being shut down right now. Once that is completed (and ATT is close) your chinese phones will have 0 phone capability, unless you can get them through the VoLTE block. This is very hit or miss.

This goes for all grey market imports. The moto G84 from europe is in the same boat. EVERYTHING not sold in the US is in the same boat. The only phones guaranteed to work on US networks today are those sold in the US by US retailers. Anything sold as the "international version" or not sold as a model in the USA is off limits, unless you specifically check every single band to make sure they have enough to work, and then you'll be stuck with t mobile, which has gotten better but is a far cry from Big Blue and Big Red.

Maybe I sound a little hot, and I apologize, but this would be like if OP asked for a good fruit with good fiber content and everyone recommended wheat bread because they saw the fiber requirement and dont really understand what the "fruit" requirement means, because they just dont pay attention to that kind of thing, you know. It's frustrating, since the US market is so closed off compared to europes, unfortunately that's what we are stuck with.

I don´t know actual pricing in the US but Samsung S20 FE 5G or A54 would be a good fit.
A54 would fit, but is missing wireless charging. S20 FE, unfortunately starts at $600 in the US. And the unlocked model is currently sold out. The carriers will only carry carrier branded, and locked, models.

Last edited:
Did you? Because he mentions that compatibility with ALL carriers is needed.
Well do you know all the LTE/5G bands available from all carriers everywhere in the US? What if the phone ends in a dead zone in some remote location in Hawaii/Alaska or Death Valley :rolleyes:

System Name DLSS / YOLO-PC
Processor i5-12400F / 10600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760M DS3H / Z490 Vision D
Cooling Laminar RM1 / Gammaxx 400
Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200 / 16 GB DDR4-3333
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / RX 480 8 GB
Storage A couple SSDs, m.2 NVMe included / 240 GB CX1 + 1 TB WD HDD
Display(s) Compit HA2704 / Viewsonic VX3276-MHD-2
Case Matrexx 55 / Junkyard special
Audio Device(s) Want loud, use headphones. Want quiet, use satellites.
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000 W / FSP Epsilon 700 W / Corsair CX650M [backup]
Mouse Don't disturb, cheese eating in progress...
Keyboard Makes some noise. Probably onto something.
VR HMD I live in real reality and don't need a virtual one.
Software Windows 10 and 11
@TheinsanegamerN

I re-asked my m8 and he told he can actually live without wireless charge but going below 6.5" is extemely unwanted. Going beyond $400 is also not quite an option.

Well do you know all the LTE/5G bands available from all carriers everywhere in the US? What if the phone ends in a dead zone in some remote location in Hawaii/Alaska or Death Valley :rolleyes:
That's a bit extreme. He wants to use everything available in urban Pennsylvania and Maryland.

And it'd be unrealistic to expect avg Joe to know of all the network bands needed to operate optimally in another country, heck even I don't know all the major 5G bands available over here.

If compatibility is a major issue then you're probably limited to the iPhone.

System Name MSI GT77HX
Storage 2 TB 980 Pro
I used to use Motorola phones, but they started to majorly annoy me with their lack of software updates, lack of NFC, poor cameras, etc.
I switched from a Moto Z Play, to a Pixel 4a 5G, and then from the 4a 5G to a 6 Pro, and currently now have a 7 Pro.

I kept my Moto Z Play for 4 years, but have changed fairly quickly since then, though not out of necessity. My Pixel 4a 5G is still in use, but I gave it to my mother when I bought the 6 Pro. The 6 Pro was still plenty usable as well, but when the 7 Pro launched I was enticed by its trade-in offers, so traded it in.

The 7 Pro was $899, they gave me $480 for my 6 Pro. They also gave me $290 in in-store credit for buying the 7 Pro, I used that $290 towards a Pixel Watch, so I paid $10 for the watch, and $419 for the phone upgrade. Or, put in other terms, I paid full price for the watch, and $129 for the phone upgrade with it.

If I were to just pick the best sub-$300 phone, I'd tell the OP to get a Pixel 6a, or maybe a 7a if it drops that low on a sale around the holidays (it probably will). But they are both smaller than what they're looking for.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Mouse *squeak*
@TheinsanegamerN

I re-asked my m8 and he told he can actually live without wireless charge but going below 6.5" is extemely unwanted. Going beyond $400 is also not quite an option.
If that is the case, then the moto G stylus 5g 2023 is 6.6" and costs $399, but has been on permanent $299 sale on motorola's website. Others have been having luck apparently finding pixel 6's new in box for cheap, if he can find a NIB pixel 6 pro that could also work. I cant guarantee availability.

I'd also recommend he get a case, otterbox makes a commuter case for the stylus that is quite good. Make sure he gets the stylus 5g and not the "moto g stylus" as that is a different model. Easiest way to tell is the 5g 2023 has the snapdragon 6 gen 1, and is the only moto phone to do so.

And it'd be unrealistic to expect avg Joe to know of all the network bands needed to operate optimally in another country, heck even I don't know all the major 5G bands available over here.
Ha Ha your joke sure is funny :rolleyes:. Missing compatibility with the two largest US carriers is TOTALLY the same as edge cases where signal may not be available /s.

No, I would not expect the average joe to know "every US band". you dont need to know every single one, what you do need to know is that, for US carriers, only US sold phones are guaranteed to work, and 99% of the time grey market imports do not work right and are for tinkering only. specific bands USUALLY dont matter, most unlocked US phones will either use qualcomm snapdragons or use qualcomm modems, so compatibility wont be an issue. But I would also expect, if you dont know the network requirements of a country, that you wouldnt start throwing around recommendations like you DO know. I, for instance, would not be giving recommendations for Euro users, as I do not know the specifics of European carriers.

Realistically the only gray market phones that have a decent chance of working have snapdragon processors. But then you do need to look up the bands for each carrier and check manually.
If compatibility is a major issue then you're probably limited to the iPhone.
No, as established, any US sold Android phone will work fine.

Last edited:
So something like this?

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Mouse *squeak*
So something like this?
OOOOH I forgot about oneplus! That's a good idea, @Beginner Micro Device. It'll have a better camera then the moto will.

I'd get the 10t if you could get it along with some offers, much better overall specs & last gen flagship chip 8+ gen1 ~

System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD
Anecdotally, the only guy I know with a OnePlus has awful connectivity.

System Name MSI GT77HX
Storage 2 TB 980 Pro
If that is the case, then the moto G stylus 5g 2023 is 6.6" and costs $399, but has been on permanent $299 sale on motorola's website.
Glad to see this actually has NFC. That was one of my biggest beefs with a lot of Motorola's cheaper phones. I use GPay like 95+% of the time I pay in stores and most of the cheap Motorola's (Moto G Series) lack NFC.

System Name DLSS / YOLO-PC
Processor i5-12400F / 10600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760M DS3H / Z490 Vision D
Cooling Laminar RM1 / Gammaxx 400
Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200 / 16 GB DDR4-3333
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / RX 480 8 GB
Storage A couple SSDs, m.2 NVMe included / 240 GB CX1 + 1 TB WD HDD
Display(s) Compit HA2704 / Viewsonic VX3276-MHD-2
Case Matrexx 55 / Junkyard special
Audio Device(s) Want loud, use headphones. Want quiet, use satellites.
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000 W / FSP Epsilon 700 W / Corsair CX650M [backup]
Mouse Don't disturb, cheese eating in progress...
Keyboard Makes some noise. Probably onto something.
VR HMD I live in real reality and don't need a virtual one.
Software Windows 10 and 11
And the only guys I know with OnePluses have never been to States. xD

If that is the case, then the moto G stylus 5g 2023 is 6.6" and costs $399, but has been on permanent $299 sale on motorola's website.
Okay, thanks. Thrown into the "to consider" list.

If that is the case, then the moto G stylus 5g 2023 is 6.6" and costs $399, but has been on permanent $299 sale on motorola's website. Others have been having luck apparently finding pixel 6's new in box for cheap, if he can find a NIB pixel 6 pro that could also work. I cant guarantee availability.

I'd also recommend he get a case, otterbox makes a commuter case for the stylus that is quite good. Make sure he gets the stylus 5g and not the "moto g stylus" as that is a different model. Easiest way to tell is the 5g 2023 has the snapdragon 6 gen 1, and is the only moto phone to do so.

Ha Ha your joke sure is funny :rolleyes:. Missing compatibility with the two largest US carriers is TOTALLY the same as edge cases where signal may not be available /s.

No, I would not expect the average joe to know "every US band". you dont need to know every single one, what you do need to know is that, for US carriers, only US sold phones are guaranteed to work, and 99% of the time grey market imports do not work right and are for tinkering only. specific bands USUALLY dont matter, most unlocked US phones will either use qualcomm snapdragons or use qualcomm modems, so compatibility wont be an issue. But I would also expect, if you dont know the network requirements of a country, that you wouldnt start throwing around recommendations like you DO know. I, for instance, would not be giving recommendations for Euro users, as I do not know the specifics of European carriers.

Realistically the only gray market phones that have a decent chance of working have snapdragon processors. But then you do need to look up the bands for each carrier and check manually.

No, as established, any US sold Android phone will work fine.
Moto G stylus is very similar to the G84, with the exception of the screen and more efficient CPU; It looks solid so far

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Moto G stylus is very similar to the G84, with the exception of the screen and more efficient CPU; It looks solid so far
Or maybe the Moto G Power, if he wants a heftier phone with extra juice (which I always welcome, but this isn't about me).

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
I did read the OP. The reason I said Chinese brands are likely the only option is because the brands sold here frequently straight up can't meet all his other requirements at that price range.

chinese is never the only option these days, the koreans have matched features and performance on their products. i can see samsung equivalents for the cheapo phones that my parents use for the same price-points.

one plus has fallen quite a bit. no wonder the guy wanted to make something else with that nothing phone, which, is also just average.

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
Motorola- lenovo sister, xiaomi- poco, oneplus, oppo, vivo, realme, zte, tecno, infinix.

System Name MSI GT77HX
Storage 2 TB 980 Pro
Or maybe the Moto G Power, if he wants a heftier phone with extra juice (which I always welcome, but this isn't about me).
Moto G Power does not have NFC.

chinese is never the only option these days, the koreans have matched features and performance on their products. i can see samsung equivalents for the cheapo phones that my parents use for the same price-points.
This isn't accurate.

These phones are both $300:

Galaxy A23 5G:
6.6" 2408x1080 120 Hz LCD
4 GB RAM
64 GB storage
Snapdragon 695 5G
50 MP wide lens
5 MP ultrawide lens
2 MP macro lens
2 MP depth sensor
8 MP selfie camera
25W wired charging
5000 mAh battery

OnePlus Nord N30:
6.72" 2400x1080 120 Hz LCD
8 GB RAM
128 GB storage
Snapdragon 695 5G
108 MP wide lens
2 MP macro
2 MP depth sensor
16 MP selfie camera
50W wired charging
5000 mAh battery

Same price, the OnePlus has double the RAM, and storage, and charging speed, a much higher quality main sensor, and a better selfie camera.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Moto G Power does not have NFC.
Missed that..
This isn't accurate.

These phones are both $300:

Galaxy A23 5G:
6.6" 2408x1080 120 Hz LCD
4 GB RAM
64 GB storage
Snapdragon 695 5G
50 MP wide lens
5 MP ultrawide lens
2 MP macro lens
2 MP depth sensor
8 MP selfie camera
25W wired charging
5000 mAh battery

OnePlus Nord N30:
6.72" 2400x1080 120 Hz LCD
8 GB RAM
128 GB storage
Snapdragon 695 5G
108 MP wide lens
2 MP macro
2 MP depth sensor
16 MP selfie camera
50W wired charging
5000 mAh battery

Same price, the OnePlus has double the RAM, and storage, and charging speed, a much higher quality main sensor, and a better selfie camera.
Like I said, those 64GB of storage on the Samsung mean you'll have about 32GB to play with, because of the crapware Samsung preinstalls).
On the other hand, you'll be able to service that OnePlus device if you send it back to China.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
Missed that..

Like I said, those 64GB of storage on the Samsung mean you'll have about 32GB to play with, because of the crapware Samsung preinstalls).
On the other hand, you'll be able to service that OnePlus device if you send it back to China.

The a23 has a card slot which will take a 512gb card

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I'm just sticking to Google phones from now on. All phones run Android and from a hardware standpoint they're all quite similar. Why would I bother buying a different brand only to load the phone up with their software as well? I'll keep it simple.