• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DCH detection - Silent Install

Rivardma

Hi,

First of all, I wanted to say thanks for this awesome tool, I'm currently testing it and it seems to be working really fine. The install cleanup is excellent to prepare packages for deployments.

I'm currently trying to find a way to detect if a computer requires a DCH driver or not to configure deployments through SCCM and only send the correct version to the computer.

So far, I was starting to think I would have to create a package including both versions and launching both of them and deal with exit codes in order to see which one was installed.

But seeing your tool, you have achieved a way of detecting which version of the driver is needed (DCH or standard) and I would really like to know how since I can't find anything on internet to do that detection.

Also, if there would be a way to configure NVCleanstall from the command line (parameters or config file) it is run silently, it would be interesting to use it from the driver's deployment.

Thank

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
check HKLM_SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm\DCHUVen

Run NVCleanstall, and in the last step click "open folder". Save that folder, you can re-use it, it's completely self-sufficient