• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DeepCool factory tour - very interesting

Der Bauer published DeepCool factory tour, I must say I am impressed. BTW heatpipe manufacture is more complicated than I imagined, also did not expect that they check each cooler twice, they test each heatpipe and in the end each cooler on a heatplate.

I wonder for what brands they make coolers...

ARF

Kudos for keeping at least the cost of the final products relatively low. 30-40$ for a cooler given this complex process is really good.

But this only goes to show that they must move to less complex productions. They must innovate. This is like 1800s - early 1900s technology!

But this only goes to show that they must move to less complex productions. They must innovate. This is like 1800s - early 1900s technology!
What do you mean? Making mechanical stuff does not change - for example making sheet metal parts is going to look similar for centuries.

I do not think through the video I noticed anything "out of date" or indicating a lack of innovation.

By chance I recently examined two of their coolers, AG620 and Assassin IV, and was very impressed by them and their performance, their coolers perform better than current Noctua coolers. Assassin IV is considered to be one of the best or even the best air cooler available today.

ARF

I mean getting rid of those bulky heatisnks and going to something tiny and extremely efficient, like AirJet(R).

1714303945768.png

Air jet has a huge problem with dust. It may work in some lab clean air enviroment or sealed product enclosure, but in the real world it is useless.

• Haha
Reactions: ARF

ARF

Air jet has a huge problem with dust.

I don't think so.

The vibrating material is waterproof and dustproof, and AirJet already has functioning dust filters for the individual cooling units, down to one micron. Testing in windy, dusty chambers has shown that even in the most extreme conditions the AirJet’s performance isn’t adversely affected. Similar testing for heat, cold, humidity, and longevity shows the product is ready for the long haul.

I think the bulky classic heatsinks are useless, but everyone with their priorities.

1714307913204.png

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I don't think so.

The vibrating material is waterproof and dustproof, and AirJet already has functioning dust filters for the individual cooling units, down to one micron.
Here is your problem, you need clean air for the thing to work reliably. You need to carefully clean the air before it enters the unit.

You do not have any special air quality requirements for normal heatsinks, and when they get dusty, just suck the dust out with a vacuum cleaner.

Companies are hungry for any competitive advantages and are constantly testing and searching for them. They must have already tested air jets and found them not performing well enough, not reliable enough or too expensive. It really does not matter which one of these three reasons was the most important.

THIS DEBATE DOES NOT BELONG HERE.

Last edited:

ARF

They must have already tested air jets and found them not performing well enough, not reliable enough or too expensive.

Complete nonsense. The technology was showcased last year for the very first time, and it needs to ramp up, to set up production capacities. When this happens, there will be more and more products with it.
Apple is first to use it.

I think those are 620 coolers at 23:47.

BTW when Roman says "tiny drop of water" I believe he means few ml.

The look in the warehouse at the rows of pallets of semifinished coolers is unbeliable. To the right Assassins and in the front and back 620s.

dpc factory warehouse.jpg

Apple is first to use it.
The topic of air jet cooling is interesting, however it does not belong in this thread!

You can see the white dense air filters on the air jets. If they will be placed in a sealed enclosure, they may work. This is what I said and it is correct. You put this thing in a free air and those air filters will be clogged in a few days.

air jets filters.jpg

Last edited:
They've got a pretty clean factory it looks like. It's less dingy than the Coolermaster one that GN toured a while ago.