• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Fallout 76 Discussion thread

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
fallou.... outer worlds? yeah im gonna try outer worlds dunno what you on abt

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Tsk Tsk. Not in good faith there, bud. Clearly you haven't seen where you have to pay $13 a month or a measly $100 a year (if you're smart.) Bethesda IS looking out for us, solving all of our problems! Just like they always have and always will! Honestly I'm a bit offended. Next you're going to tell me that they would in fact make moves that are completely tone deaf and show a total disregard for their fans and what they actually want! But they say all of the time that it's all for us, the players! How can you doubt that?

With the business practices they started picking up... honestly, as far back as creation club, I've been progressively losing faith. It's a nice way to try to regain faith, but most people would probably be happy to have the first one or two things on that list for free. Do they really think anybody is going to be happy to pay a renewable fee on top just to unlock pseudo-single-player functionality? And then they want to sweeten the deal with that IGP crap that there's been so much outrage about? Do they really think this will actually help? I'm actually chuckling as I type this. Sometimes I think they genuinely do not know where their fanbase is at and why their games were so popular in the first place. They actually think it's because it's Fallout. Good luck to em...

Yeah that struck me too since Fallout Shelter. They are really trying to sell us the Fallout-bobblehead themed fanstore more so than trying to actually create a playable game. And while typing that I realize that Fallout Shelter was infinitely more polished and mechanically sound than FO76 will ever be.

Do they seriously think we LIKE that silly sauce with our post-apocalyptic mayhem? Or that its somehow adding to the game? It did, as long as it remained quirky and relatively rare; I mean, in FO3 it was actually like that. You could find some bobbleheads for important stat boosts (was a real treat looking for them IMO) and there were a few posters and torn up ads here and there, giving a little peek into the world as it used to be. The UI however was tied to the PIP boy, and yes it had the same style, but there it made actual sense. The rest of the game was overwhelmingly dark, depressed and gritty. Then came FO4 and somehow everything had to be colorful, retro-western/half steampunk totally confused bullshit... and somehow Todd saw that all was well in the world... I guess? I mean... look at that utterly retarded skill tree they present in FO4, full of funny pictures. Really? REALLY? Form over function much? Why is it not integrated in the PIP boy anymore? How am I supposed to be immersed by that? And let's not speak of the actual way they've tiered a lot of perks and skill upgrades. What a mess. It reminds me of Skyrim's skill tree, really, one of the things that have been modded into total revamps.

Its like Bethesda still doesn't understand, or want to understand, that the fanbase isn't so much tied to the franchise as they are to the depth of it and its lore, and the gameplay that can emerge from that. They've focused so much on the franchise itself that they forgot about the game. You see it with TESO as well. They're selling races and fancy suits like that is what the game is about, while the mechanics itself are lackluster through and through.

Right now, I'm thinking 'I hope Outer Worlds is so good, they will give Bethesda the wake up call'. Really hoping it is such a massive hit because it will embody what Fallout should have been, and will be proof that we're not looking for stupid bobbleheads but instead good openworld RPGs. And on top of that it'll be another 'Obsidian did it again' moment for them, after FO NV.

Last edited:
System Name New compy
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI MPG x570S EDGE MAX WiFi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S w. FHP141 + Xigmatek AOS XAF-F1451
Memory 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V Samsung B-Die Dual Rank F4-4000C16D-32GVKA
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 4070ti
Storage 17tb (8+4tb WD Black HDD's, 2+2+0.5+0.5tb M.2 SSD Drives) + 16tb WD Red Pro backup drive
Display(s) Alienware AW2518H 24" 240hz, Sony X85K 43" 4k 120hz HDR TV
Case Thermaltake Core v71
Audio Device(s) iFi Nano Idsd Le, Creative T20 + T50, Sennheiser HD6Mix
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1000w
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero custom w. G900 scroll wheel mod, Rival 3 + Rival 3 wireless, JLab Epic Mouse
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB + K70 RGB + K57 RGB Wireless + Logitech G613
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/s2y7ny
Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
At what point do they make it an F2P

Right now, I'm thinking 'I hope Outer Worlds is so good, they will give Bethesda the wake up call'. Really hoping it is such a massive hit because it will embody what Fallout should have been, and will be proof that we're not looking for stupid bobbleheads but instead good openworld RPGs. And on top of that it'll be another 'Obsidian did it again' moment for them, after FO NV.

That would be the dream.

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
At what point do they make it an F2P

That would be the dream.
That would be me done buying their game's, but it's up to them.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
The Outer Worlds is pretty solid. I have around 12 hours into it. Still, think FONV is better but TOW has potential. My only gripe so far would be the smallish maps and not a lot of reason to explore. Maybe in a week or so I will post more about this game but I feel I need to dig into it more.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Word on the net is hackers (or in any other beth game, modders) have been just utterly taking the piss out of the game. They figured out how to spawn-in things from FO4 like Preston Garvey, and... the PRYDWEN! The whole goddamned blimp lol.

https://kotaku.com/hackers-find-way-to-add-npcs-to-fallout-76-1840466712

There are also rumors that they can even spawn weapons and armor that shouldn't even exist. Like legendaries with 9 friggin legendary status effects, as opposed to the maximum, very hard to get 3. Guess they don't have an item query system that checks to see if they're legit built in? What kind of MMO wouldn't just zap an item with such blatantly fudged stats? People on the fo76 reddit, where there are still people who like that game, are reporting seeing them... players that insta-kill everything, giant player character models, and other just strange things.

Players have unique id's. That's how they've been banning reported dupers. Once they have that id, they can see where the player's been, their stats, their inventory... so you see a lvl1 just created yesterday loaded down with rare stuff, you know that's a mule. But what about the items themselves?

It really makes you think. Back when the duping thing was going on, they were banning people who never duped. Or they would ban people they suspected... or people that saw it and said something. That makes me think they don't have a way to know other than if somebody tells them...

...ooo NOOOO. They DON'T have a way to tell! If all of the items had unique id's, recovering the items legit players lost to bugs would've been as easy as autobanning dupers should've been! Am I wrong?

Remember that nasty Fallout 1st bug where people's containers would just devour all of their stuff? Well, their answer to all of the pissed off customers was to give them a special container with buttloads of every crafting material. I guess somebody figured out how to spawn it. The article from Kotaku mentions that some scripts were dropped that would make that possible.

Or, you could use it to make an army of underwear-clad npc companions to fight your battles. Maybe an army of Preston Garveys? That actually sounds fun.

I guess they've been wreaking all kinds of havoc, spawning in monsters, gear, whatever. Bethesda hasn't said anything yet. People are speculating that it won't be addressed till next year with the holiday's being basically here already... which would really tank the whole experience, because now you've got all of these crazy weapons floating around with nothing in place to even tell what's legit or not (if they had a surefire way, you'd think it'd be automatic already - something like that doesn't work if someone still has to go through it all.) I wonder if they can make something so powerful that you can kill other players without initiating the PvP handshake. You CAN do damage without them firing back... just too little to be worth the trouble. If they could figure that out, then damn, man... ...if I were them I might try to make some kind of silver bullet weapon that drops any player.

I will say they have formally announced a patch for tomorrow, where they'll be bringing it all down for a bit. Whether that's to address this or not is anybody's guess. I'm betting it will take more time, though. You'll know, because there will probably have to be a client update...

Given that it's their first MMO, not surprised. I want to believe it's all schadenfreude, but out there on the net, pretty easy to find (like shockingly so... usually this would be more underground or it would be over in a day,) is the thread where the exploits first came out... and people are still contributing and finding more exploits so it may actually be more than rumors. And if it's as bad as people are saying, it's looking like they are missing fundamental contingencies... like they just thought people wouldn't find a hole in their code or something. If that's true, all they can do is roll back. But how far? And then what? How many more times are people gonna put up with losing thier stuff?

Normally I think I would be more skeptical, but there's always been something in me that kinda thinks that taking an engine that's basically been set-up to be wide-open for people to mess with and trying to make it into an MMO where people just can't do that might've been a terrible idea.

My bet is they're doing it all client-side. I don't trust bethesda to make a tight server system. For the most part the server dictates. But might there be some circumstances where the server takes the client at its word? Places where they might not anticipate someone tampering with that information? Does anybody expect that attention to detail from their keyboard monkeys?

Last edited:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Word on the net is hackers (or in any other beth game, modders) have been just utterly taking the piss out of the game.

I would not be surprised. I assume everyone hacks during every online game anyway. It is how I justify losing. :roll:

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Word on the net is hackers (or in any other beth game, modders) have been just utterly taking the piss out of the game. They figured out how to spawn-in things from FO4 like Preston Garvey, and... the PRYDWEN! The whole goddamned blimp lol.

https://kotaku.com/hackers-find-way-to-add-npcs-to-fallout-76-1840466712

There are also rumors that they can even spawn weapons and armor that shouldn't even exist. Like legendaries with 9 friggin legendary status effects, as opposed to the maximum, very hard to get 3. Guess they don't have an item query system that checks to see if they're legit built in? What kind of MMO wouldn't just zap an item with such blatantly fudged stats? People on the fo76 reddit, where there are still people who like that game, are reporting seeing them... players that insta-kill everything, giant player character models, and other just strange things.

Players have unique id's. That's how they've been banning reported dupers. Once they have that id, they can see where the player's been, their stats, their inventory... so you see a lvl1 just created yesterday loaded down with rare stuff, you know that's a mule. But what about the items themselves?

It really makes you think. Back when the duping thing was going on, they were banning people who never duped. Or they would ban people they suspected... or people that saw it and said something. That makes me think they don't have a way to know other than if somebody tells them...

...ooo NOOOO. They DON'T have a way to tell! If all of the items had unique id's, recovering the items legit players lost to bugs would've been as easy as autobanning dupers should've been! Am I wrong?

Remember that nasty Fallout 1st bug where people's containers would just devour all of their stuff? Well, their answer to all of the pissed off customers was to give them a special container with buttloads of every crafting material. I guess somebody figured out how to spawn it. The article from Kotaku mentions that some scripts were dropped that would make that possible.

Or, you could use it to make an army of underwear-clad npc companions to fight your battles. Maybe an army of Preston Garveys? That actually sounds fun.

I guess they've been wreaking all kinds of havoc, spawning in monsters, gear, whatever. Bethesda hasn't said anything yet. People are speculating that it won't be addressed till next year with the holiday's being basically here already... which would really tank the whole experience, because now you've got all of these crazy weapons floating around with nothing in place to even tell what's legit or not (if they had a surefire way, you'd think it'd be automatic already - something like that doesn't work if someone still has to go through it all.) I wonder if they can make something so powerful that you can kill other players without initiating the PvP handshake. You CAN do damage without them firing back... just too little to be worth the trouble. If they could figure that out, then damn, man... ...if I were them I might try to make some kind of silver bullet weapon that drops any player.

I will say they have formally announced a patch for tomorrow, where they'll be bringing it all down for a bit. Whether that's to address this or not is anybody's guess. I'm betting it will take more time, though. You'll know, because there will probably have to be a client update...

Given that it's their first MMO, not surprised. I want to believe it's all schadenfreude, but out there on the net, pretty easy to find (like shockingly so... usually this would be more underground or it would be over in a day,) is the thread where the exploits first came out... and people are still contributing and finding more exploits so it may actually be more than rumors. And if it's as bad as people are saying, it's looking like they are missing fundamental contingencies... like they just thought people wouldn't find a hole in their code or something. If that's true, all they can do is roll back. But how far? And then what? How many more times are people gonna put up with losing thier stuff?

Normally I think I would be more skeptical, but there's always been something in me that kinda thinks that taking an engine that's basically been set-up to be wide-open for people to mess with and trying to make it into an MMO where people just can't do that might've been a terrible idea.

My bet is they're doing it all client-side. I don't trust bethesda to make a tight server system. For the most part the server dictates. But might there be some circumstances where the server takes the client at its word? Places where they might not anticipate someone tampering with that information? Does anybody expect that attention to detail from their keyboard monkeys?

They are doing critical checks clientside, Division had the same problem and until they moved to serverside checks Cheat Engine was all over the place. Wallhacks, teleports, RPM hacks, galore. And on top of that, Bethesda ported a single player/offline engine and added some scrapworks on top called networking, but forgot to secure the database. You don't need unique IDs in a single player game, you just spawn another one of existing assets. The whole thing is swiss cheese front to back.

Maybe its a game for you after all, it looks perfectly moddable and with your skillset right now I think you could just take over the world already.

Here's the kicker: to fix this, they will need to lose performance clientside, because server side checking is a latency hit. And there is yet another reason I will never get into this piece of crap :) All of these fixes are pretty huge and touch on the entire game's functionality, if they ever fix this it will still be a bandaid and it will still be shit.

Last edited:

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
They are doing critical checks clientside, Division had the same problem and until they moved to serverside checks Cheat Engine was all over the place. Wallhacks, teleports, RPM hacks, galore. And on top of that, Bethesda ported a single player/offline engine and added some scrapworks on top called networking, but forgot to secure the database. You don't need unique IDs in a single player game, you just spawn another one of existing assets. The whole thing is swiss cheese front to back.

Maybe its a game for you after all, it looks perfectly moddable and with your skillset right now I think you could just take over the world already.

Here's the kicker: to fix this, they will need to lose performance clientside, because server side checking is a latency hit. And there is yet another reason I will never get into this piece of crap :) All of these fixes are pretty huge and touch on the entire game's functionality, if they ever fix this it will still be a bandaid and it will still be shit.
Man you know this makes the next Elder Scrolls look pretty bleak. You‘re not wrong it’s such a taped together mess of bits and pieces added over each other with each time they use it again how it’s not collapsed under it’s own weight is a feat in itself. BUT its STILL a really good Fallout if you JUST treat it like Fallout and leave all the mistakes and controversy behind...I literally wanna buy you a key just to see it for yourself and let the game itself show you what it can do. Look I don’t even play it that much if I see an update I fire it up and wander until I find something to do, and that’s still fun in itself.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Man you know this makes the next Elder Scrolls look pretty bleak. You‘re not wrong it’s such a taped together mess of bits and pieces added over each other with each time they use it again how it’s not collapsed under it’s own weight is a feat in itself. BUT its STILL a really good Fallout if you JUST treat it like Fallout and leave all the mistakes and controversy behind...I literally wanna buy you a key just to see it for yourself and let the game itself show you what it can do. Look I don’t even play it that much if I see an update I fire it up and wander until I find something to do, and that’s still fun in itself.

It does and I don't have high hopes for that, and you know what, I might actually just jump in FO76 after all to do some wandering around because that does tickle me and I kinda want something like it lately. Its just the idea that the wandering can be interrupted at any given time that doesn't sit well with me... damn it, you're winning me over. :p

I could count on one hand the amount of other players I have encountered and if I needed both hands I could still say none of the encounters where the least bit unpleasant- That said since they added Nuclear Winter Battle Royale mode I'm sure that's where most of the toxicity ended up as in most games. The only interruptions would be a Scorcher or perhaps a Super Mutant trying to kill you.

FML

1576759948880.png

Last edited:

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
It does and I don't have high hopes for that, and you know what, I might actually just jump in FO76 after all to do some wandering around because that does tickle me and I kinda want something like it lately. Its just the idea that the wandering can be interrupted at any given time that doesn't sit well with me... damn it, you're winning me over. :p
I could count on one hand the amount of other players I have encountered and if I needed both hands I could still say none of the encounters where the least bit unpleasant- That said since they added Nuclear Winter Battle Royale mode I'm sure that's where most of the toxicity ended up as in most games. The only interruptions would be a Scorcher or perhaps a Super Mutant trying to kill you.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yeah, I'd nudge anyone that was mildly curious to try it out. It's a much better value these days given how low the price has dropped. I haven't logged in for several months so I haven't really kept up with any thing new, but did enjoy the main story line, exploring, and base building back when I did play. Kind of like my ESO experience -- while not as grand as the others in the Elder Scrolls series -- was glad to have experienced it.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I caved. And right away I am greeted by the familiar menus, a massive stutterfest in the viewport playing behind the title screen/menu. Got the game running at 120 fps but still manages to stutter every once in a while to a 53 fps drop. Very consistent too.

8 bucks well spent I feel it already, thanks @INSTG8R :D

I'm going into this with ZERO expectations. Let's go

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
I caved. And right away I am greeted by the familiar menus, a massive stutterfest in the viewport playing behind the title screen/menu. Got the game running at 120 fps but still manages to stutter every once in a while to a 53 fps drop. Very consistent too.

8 bucks well spent I feel it already, thanks @INSTG8R :D

I'm going into this with ZERO expectations. Let's go
I’m glad you ate giving it a chanc,e, pretty br@ve running at 120. FreeSync does not cooperate with this game if disable it globally I can run it up here too but wouldn’t trust it. If I create a game profile and disable it there-it locks at 72 which I believe-that’s the sweet spot IMO if I leave Freesync on it locks at 4. There was ALOT of frustrating testing/in FO4 sorting that issue out.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I’m glad you ate giving it a chanc,e, pretty br@ve running at 120. FreeSync does not cooperate with this game if disable it globally I can run it up here too but wouldn’t trust it. If I create a game profile and disable it there-it locks at 72 which I believe-that’s the sweet spot IMO if I leave Freesync on it locks at 4. There was ALOT of frustrating testing/in FO4 sorting that issue out.

Living life on the edge man.

I must say, so far. Alt tabbing doesn't destroy everything... movement is rather smooth. FPS is pretty stable. Combat is familiar... as in, utter shit. But that's fine. I even kinda look forward to the hoarding and building up C.A.M.P.

Overall though, as a game... I think the look on my dude's face says it well. Not impressed

Graphics are pretty painful, and no mods to rescue me :(

Fallout76_2019_12_19_20_10_02_275.jpg

Cool vistas though

Fallout76_2019_12_19_20_21_18_917.jpg

Last edited:

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Living life on the edge man.

I must say, so far. Alt tabbing doesn't destroy everything... movement is rather smooth. FPS is pretty stable. Combat is familiar... as in, utter shit. But that's fine. I even kinda look forward to the hoarding and building up C.A.M.P.

Overall though, as a game... I think the look on my dude's face says it well. Not impressed

Graphics are pretty painful, and no mods to rescue me :(

View attachment 139874
So its still a Fallout :roll:when you start building , repairing and crafting that system is now a joy to use other than an absolute chore building your camp is fun but kinda clumsy no real surprises. Bu c’mon at least the world is a nicer place to wander then the monochromatic wastelands of old. You. Got it super cheap they‘re still adding features so you can always check back in whenever b

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
So its still a Fallout :roll:when you start building , repairing and crafting that system is now a joy to use other than an absolute chore building your camp is fun but kinda clumsy no real surprises. Bu c’mon at least the world is a nicer place to wander then the monochromatic wastelands of old. You. Got it super cheap they‘re still adding features so you can always check back in whenever b

Yep. I could def use some hints on where to look for good stuff. Feels a bit slow and pipe weapons suck :D

The game has many things Im not fond of, gotta say. The atom shop part, meh. The 'sub for single player mode'... horrible. But its not intrusive, luckily.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Software Windows 10 Pro
Oh my... just gonna leave these here

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/edsm4m

You can also find a bunch more videos of the hack. All I can say is yeesh... RIP FO76. Kinda joking, kinda not... people are losing everything they ever got in all of their time playing... even their PAID items! Sound like a game you wanna keep playing? I wonder how many players they'll lose in the end.

Might wanna avoid the public servers completely at this point. Hard to justify playing in them when someone could come along and snipe your whole inventory before you can even see them.

No harm in posting the thread anymore. All of this stuff is way more public than it ever should've been. They really crossed the line into "potential legal issues" territory. Now, it's everywhere. Anybody can find this and use the exploits, with little to no knowledge of how they work. Everyone knows about it. It's in the top 5 google results searching for the hack. People talk very openly about what they're doing and how. Crazy.

A fun tidbit... I can't find the post now, but ErectBAN, the guy putting the vulnerabilities out there, said he figured most of it out via FO4 and just carried it over to 76. Is anybody surprised? :rolleyes:

And it's really script kiddie level stuff. No genius super-hackery. A dude playing around with CE and FO4 is all it takes to absolutely ransack FO76, apparently...

What I'm trying to figure out is... why haven't they shut everything down yet? Seriously... it's ruining their game forever. What they'll have to do is roll pretty far back. And then they'll need to troll through their records of shop purchases to restore the items people paid for and had taken from them. Or at least refund everyone who bought something after the rollback date. That's nice and simple for them. If they can't even do these two very basic things, god help them. They keep backups, right? :laugh:

I'm reminded of a moment in FO4. I think it represents everything pretty well.

"Lucifer's balls" indeed, my friends.

Merry Christmas everyone. Damn.

Last edited:
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Oh my... just gonna leave these here

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/edsm4m

You can also find a bunch more videos of the hack. All I can say is yeesh... RIP FO76. Kinda joking, kinda not... people are losing everything they ever got in all of their time playing... even their PAID items! Sound like a game you wanna keep playing? I wonder how many players they'll lose in the end.

Might wanna avoid the public servers completely at this point. Hard to justify playing in them when someone could come along and snipe your whole inventory before you can even see them.

No harm in posting the thread anymore. All of this stuff is way more public than it ever should've been. They really crossed the line into "potential legal issues" territory. Now, it's everywhere. Anybody can find this and use the exploits, with little to no knowledge of how they work. Everyone knows about it. It's in the top 5 google results searching for the hack. People talk very openly about what they're doing and how. Crazy.

A fun tidbit... I can't find the post now, but ErectBAN, the guy putting the vulnerabilities out there, said he figured most of it out via FO4 and just carried it over to 76. Is anybody surprised? :rolleyes:

And it's really script kiddie level stuff. No genius super-hackery. A dude playing around with CE and FO4 is all it takes to absolutely ransack FO76, apparently...

What I'm trying to figure out is... why haven't they shut everything down yet? Seriously... it's ruining their game forever. What they'll have to do is roll pretty far back. And then they'll need to troll through their records of shop purchases to restore the items people paid for and had taken from them. Or at least refund everyone who bought something after the rollback date. That's nice and simple for them. If they can't even do these two very basic things, god help them. They keep backups, right? :laugh:

I'm reminded of a moment in FO4. I think it represents everything pretty well.

"Lucifer's balls" indeed, my friends.

Merry Christmas everyone. Damn.

The game was patched for this specific issue yesterday. I did have my panties in a bunch for a moment there reading about it on Reddit. But yeah, seems like they run a pretty tight ship with this game, my experience so far has been 'typical Fallout' (the odd CTD, flying objects, retarded NPCs etc.) but the online woes were absent, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised.

Also, I can see houses from here :) Not a bad place for CAMP

Fallout76_2019_12_24_19_58_44_288.jpg

Fallout76_2019_12_24_19_59_22_054.jpg

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
Fallout 76 is coming to Steam on April 7th.

Neowin said:
April 7 is when the Wastelanders update will be landing, bringing fully voiced human NPCs, a brand new main quest, new locations, enemies, reputation system, and more.

Alongside that, the long-time-coming Steam release for the multiplayer title will also happen on the same day. Atoms or memberships will not be transferable between the Bethesda.net and Steam versions of Fallout 76, Bethesda explained. However, purchased items from the Atomic Shop will be shared across the two platforms when using the same account.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Burned out from FO76 by now. A good 60 hours worth, level 80... stuff revolves around farming stuff... just to keep farming stuff. Now that the novelty of the world is off the game really has nothing to offer.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
Burned out from FO76 by now. A good 60 hours worth, level 80... stuff revolves around farming stuff... just to keep farming stuff. Now that the novelty of the world is off the game really has nothing to offer.

Sadly, sounds like all Bethesda games. The only difference is how long the novelty of the world lasts.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
At least with the rest of their stuff, there was high-end Mod support.... Oh well, 60-ish hours of gaming is pretty good, neh?

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
I enjoy the metas of them and the lore (mostly of ES.) I find those are things I can periodically come back to and see differently.

Fallout has them moving increasingly more towards the farming and building, while everything else seems to lose something. RPG elements fade more with each release. Which would be fine if it was moving towards a more streamlined adventure experience... room can be made for a bigger journey that way. But they're not doing that either.

In torn because while I'm not entirely against it, the execution means it quickly exhausts itself. Not enough there. Every gameplay element is just so narrow. It's hard to know what thier games are supposed to be other than another one of those grindey money machine games.

Honestly, if I can't mod them there's not much left for me in a new Bethesda title. I have little faith there, too. With each new release, they make it harder. And I'm not talking about 76 being online. I'm talking about the engine. They're making it less flexible underneath every time they mess with it. People say that's because it's strained, but I think they really just give modding no consideration. The roadblocks they leave behind are uncanny sometimes. It's like they only want it modded the way they want people to mod it. I think if they had thier way, CC aesthetic mods would be all you could do. They're easing into that, I think. Boiling the frog slowly so it doesn't struggle...