• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Has anyone tested the new '4824 driver for Arc?

System Name KHR-1
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASRock B550 PG Velocita (UEFI-BIOS P3.40)
Memory 32 GB G.Skill RipJawsV F4-3200C16D-32GVR
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT
Storage Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF OLED-ASRock PG27Q15R2A (backup)
Case Corsair 275R
Audio Device(s) Technics SA-EX140 receiver with Polk VT60 speakers
Power Supply eVGA Supernova G3 750W
Mouse Logitech G Pro (Hero)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
I haven't yet, but I received a report that it breaks GTA V!

Lynxx83

yes I've tested 4824,

because they're labeled "game ready" for The Crew Motorfest,
which I was interested in trying out after I had played the April Alpha and July Beta as well :

Intel drivers, and depending on what game you want to play,
have still very 'random' results, regarding perfomance & gfx glitches.

in general, regarding 'overall' performance and stability,

if you take into account as many games as possible, and especially those that have already been around when Arc was released,

the situation has become better a lot during Oct 22 (37xx) over Dec 22 (39xx) and maybe even 41xx (march) or 43xx (april),

but then with the 45xx series, especially shortly before & including after driver 4644, it got a lot worse again
(for me at least.. and the games I usually play, but also in general, everyday desktop+firefoy youtube experience)

but I might not be alone, I've read several other people reporting similar experiences / feelings.

and I'm not sure how much it would help these days especially after the 4644 driver,

if you just do DDU and install an older driver package?
might help sometimes
might not help in other cases

I believe automatic driver package wont downgrade FW/Bios if it detects a newer one :

Intel staff said downgrading wont work.

but it might does work after all, just look at the guide & bios collection here in this subforum ;) )

well, and finally here's some screenshots from performance of The Crew Motorfest:

The short answer: 4824 (Sept) restores performance & stability in that game to a point that is very similar to when you run it with 4311 (April) driver release:

exemplarily, you can exactly see here what I and some others are talking about - it got gradually worse the last few driver versions during last weeks / months.

I forgot to test other games tbh, I should have done that I realise that now,
to see if we have a solid case here or if it's only like this in Motorfest.

because now I would have to do the tedious procedure of reinstalling all those versions again ;) :

CX_2023-09-17_18-57-25_Comparison.png
CX_2023-09-17_19-02-40_Comparison.png CX_2023-09-17_19-02-51_Comparison.png

4311 was what I tried at the very first in the release version of Motorfest, because it was the one that was the most recent one back when I tried this games alpha version)

then, 4514 also still works, sort of, but as we get closer to 4644 mark, things get terrible:

you will notice the hangs / freezes ingame during the integrated benchmark, and you can see it in results.

also, there was weired texture loading issues at the start of the first benchmark scene,
while it was already running, textures & stuff were at first missing and then took a few seconds to load / pop up.

Im also not sure what the heck is so terrible broken with 4578, I tested that one too, because I like BG3 and that one iirc is the "game ready" game for said title.

I might re-install that driver, because it looks so off, might have been a one-time error, measurement failure, idk, but you could really notice those spikes during the bench as well.

My point being :

With Arc, you still never know what you'll get, it's like a pig in a poke, full of surprises.
each driver update might break things, even if they used to work.
and with each new game (like Starfield, best example), you might have to wait for the next one, that fixes stuff.

regarding GTA V .. why don't you try it out yourself ? :)
what is it that's reportedly broken? launch? gfx glitches? crashes? single or online only?

Last edited:
System Name KHR-1
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Case Corsair 275R
yes I've tested 4824,

because they're labeled "game ready" for The Crew Motorfest,
which I was interested in trying out after I had played the April Alpha and July Beta as well :

Intel drivers, and depending on what game you want to play,
have still very 'random' results, regarding perfomance & gfx glitches.

in general, regarding 'overall' performance and stability,

if you take into account as many games as possible, and especially those that have already been around when Arc was released,

the situation has become better a lot during Oct 22 (37xx) over Dec 22 (39xx) and maybe even 41xx (march) or 43xx (april),

but then with the 45xx series, especially shortly before & including after driver 4644, it got a lot worse again
(for me at least.. and the games I usually play, but also in general, everyday desktop+firefoy youtube experience)

but I might not be alone, I've read several other people reporting similar experiences / feelings.

and I'm not sure how much it would help these days especially after the 4644 driver,

if you just do DDU and install an older driver package?
might help sometimes
might not help in other cases

I believe automatic driver package wont downgrade FW/Bios if it detects a newer one :

Intel staff said downgrading wont work.

but it might does work after all, just look at the guide & bios collection here in this subforum ;) )

well, and finally here's some screenshots from performance of The Crew Motorfest:

The short answer: 4824 (Sept) restores performance & stability in that game to a point that is very similar to when you run it with 4311 (April) driver release:

exemplarily, you can exactly see here what I and some others are talking about - it got gradually worse the last few driver versions during last weeks / months.

I forgot to test other games tbh, I should have done that I realise that now,
to see if we have a solid case here or if it's only like this in Motorfest.

because now I would have to do the tedious procedure of reinstalling all those versions again ;) :

View attachment 314074 View attachment 314075 View attachment 314076

4311 was what I tried at the very first in the release version of Motorfest, because it was the one that was the most recent one back when I tried this games alpha version)

then, 4514 also still works, sort of, but as we get closer to 4644 mark, things get terrible:

you will notice the hangs / freezes ingame during the integrated benchmark, and you can see it in results.

also, there was weired texture loading issues at the start of the first benchmark scene,
while it was already running, textures & stuff were at first missing and then took a few seconds to load / pop up.

Im also not sure what the heck is so terrible broken with 4578, I tested that one too, because I like BG3 and that one iirc is the "game ready" game for said title.

I might re-install that driver, because it looks so off, might have been a one-time error, measurement failure, idk, but you could really notice those spikes during the bench as well.

My point being :

With Arc, you still never know what you'll get, it's like a pig in a poke, full of surprises.
each driver update might break things, even if they used to work.
and with each new game (like Starfield, best example), you might have to wait for the next one, that fixes stuff.

regarding GTA V .. why don't you try it out yourself ? :)
what is it that's reportedly broken? launch? gfx glitches? crashes? single or online only?
I'm more hesitant, because of the firmware update concept that Intel uses. At least it's not in critical condition with '4644.

I guess I can go right ahead with '4824.

Low quality post by bonehead123
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
1 step forward, 2 steps backwards... typical team blue :(

Well they have 4826 version out now.

Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics for:
• Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty*
• Payday 3*
• Lies of P*
• Party Animals*

Game performance improvements versus Intel® 31.0.101.4824 software driver for:
• Hitman Absolution* (DX11) o Up to 17% uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings
• Bioshock Infinite* (DX11) o Up to 27% uplift at 1080p with Very High settings

FIXED ISSUES: Intel® Arc™ Graphics Products: • Trackmania* (DX11) may experience an application crash during game launch.

System Name KHR-1
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Case Corsair 275R
Update: I would go to '4826, if I were you! '4824 looks very broken.

The 4826 freezes my PC completly at the End of the Driver Installation. No soft reset possible, Mouse not Moving, no Taskmanager via Keyboard - Windows 10 is frozen - even no Bluescreen. I reproduced the Error with a fresh Windows-Installation too. After a (power) Reset the System is working normal.
The 4824 is installing without any Trouble. I hope Intel fixes this Problem with the next Version. The last WHQL-Version 4824 works perfect - from the Installation to the Operation.

The Bug in the Installation is now fixed. :) A new Driver-Version is out: 31.0.101.4885 - The Installation runs without any Trouble and the Driver is optimized for the New Forza and the new Assassins Creed. Glad that Intel is aware of Bugs. :clap:

With the newest Drive the Power Consumption is at a new Low:

powercons.JPG

Only 11W with 60hz and the newest WHQL-Driver Version (.4887) in Windows 10 idle. Thats good. And you need ASPM activated (which is activated default by my UEFI without any choosable Option in the GUI - Asrock-Support claimed its not supported by a X370-Board - but hwinfo says its on). :) The Asrock-Support made wrong claims - suggesting i need to buy a new Mainboard. But i think the Low-Level-Support-Team is not always good.