• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is anyone able to run this software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I am not going to even try.

Did you just recently (this year) download this from Italy's official tax website? If not, you should not try to run it either.

idkidk

I am not going to even try.

Did you just recently (this year) download this from Italy's official tax website? If not, you should not try to run it either.
It used to work, now not anymore

Anyhow that's literally it, I guess it's a shock for ya to see the crap that they make you to use

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
Maybe if you pay more taxes, they will hire someone to write better software.

;)

Anyhow, this appears to be for tax year 2021 which is long past. I don't know how the Italian tax system works but here in the USA, anyone filing years late or sending a revised return needs to send in the hardcopy, no e-filing at this point.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
It used to work, now not anymore
You are suggesting it is broken because it is "crap". I would not assume that. My guess is it has been disabled intentionally to keep people from using outdated tax software that does NOT address the latest tax laws.

idkidk

You are suggesting it is broken because it is "crap". I would not assume that. My guess is it has been disabled intentionally to keep people from using outdated tax software that does NOT address the latest tax laws.
I am suggesting that's crap behavior putting a software out, but then deprecating it without notice, adding to the fact that the official support seems to address the issue as an user error/inexperience about running their programs rather than stating that's just deprecated

Now I am not the end up user anyway, I've also stated in my main post that's likely just deprecated stuff, but some people don't like a no as an answer, and I dunno wtf should I even say.

So in the end, I wanted to know if I am the idiot, or the involved party is the idiot

Case Apple proprietary
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
So in the end, I wanted to know if I am the idiot, or the involved party is the idiot
I don't know the answer to that question but maybe you should worry about something else? Or just go to bed?

As far as I can tell no one here can fix a government hosted Java application for filing 2021 taxes.

Just a thought.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
:( Why did you delete the text from your first post? Doing that prevents readers from learning the gist of the topic, and helps no one in the future learn from your experiences - which is what forums are all about.

For those still curious, the OP was complaining that his Italian tax software for 2021 taxes no longer works, and was complaining that the software, therefore, must be "crap".

I don't know about Italy, but here in the US, this is tax filing season for the 2023 tax year. Therefore, we (if doing our own taxes) must use software for 2023 taxes. I suspect it is the same in Italy.
I am suggesting that's crap behavior putting a software out, but then deprecating it without notice
I think we need more information - or you just need to admit you were not thinking logically. "Idiot" is your word, not mine.

I am not a tax advisor, I've only been paying taxes for 55 years and only in the US so clearly, I'm no expert. But I do know in this country, and I suspect in most, if not all countries, the tax laws change every year. I have also been paying "state" taxes for 55 years, in the 6 different states I've lived in since becoming a tax paying adult. And each state's tax laws have changed every year too. This is why I buy new tax software every year, instead of re-using the previous year's software.

So it seems logical to me that previous year's software would, in effect, automatically deprecate every year - especially software issued by the tax agency of that government. I don't need notice to tell me 2021 tax software is no good for calculating my 2023 taxes. Still, I would suspect somewhere in the documentation, it says it is only good for 2021 taxes.

You say they put this software out - when did the government put this software out? Did you have to pay for it? I would expect if government issued, it would be free.

I asked before but you neglected to answer, "Did you just recently (this year) download this from Italy's official tax website?" Or is it software you had for a couple years?

Case Apple proprietary
:( Why did you delete the text from your first post? Doing that prevents readers from learning the gist of the topic, and helps no one in the future learn from your experiences - which is what forums are all about.

For those still curious, the OP was complaining that his Italian tax software for 2021 taxes no longer works, and was complaining that the software, therefore, must be "crap".
There are ways to find deleted content. There's really no way to erase anything from the Internet.

Here's the original inquiry by idkidk courtesy of Bing's cache (Google got rid of their caching service a month ago):

It's a gov related software to file taxes, but it doesn't work. It uses java. From the error, it seems that it looks for something online, which isn't found/doesn't exist anymore, and so it doesn't work, so I guess it's deprecated, but being a gov related tool support/docs about it are hogshit/not existing

Archivio - Dichiarazione Redditi Persone fisiche 2021 - Software di compilazione - Agenzia delle Entrate

Software di compilazione Dichiarazione Redditi Persone fisiche 2021
www.agenziaentrate.gov.it
www.agenziaentrate.gov.it

Any other random software from them seems to work correctly except for this one.

Maybe he decided he was just ranting. Maybe the fact that someone pointing out that no one here could fix it was enlightenment. Maybe it was something else. Who knows?

Most likely OP will not post again in this discussion thread and will remain silent about this topic.

One thing I hope the OP remembers from this is if you delete your question it will be harder to get an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.