• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kagi: $5/month for a search engine in 2024?

Isnt the take away that a search engine will not make you any smarter? Information IS NOT knowledge.

Thats also why AI generated search wont ever go places. Its a self defeating exercise. If nobody applies knowledge you can refine search all you want, but on what basis? Most common denominator? Oldest person writing it down? Whatever we feed it?

Garbage in, garbage out. Look at mishaps in business and government lately. Like Boeing. A lot of people dont even know how to help themselves. Knowledge is outsourced, new talent has Googled its information to a degree.

A lot of people stopped learning skills - they learned how to play the system, the algorithm of how things work and then 'disrupt' something to make money. Nobody is any wiser for it. I rank Kagi in that same category I think.

The issue is that in practice, I don't need search when I already know a thing.

I use search because I don't know a thing . I can test search-quality on knowledge I already have, but I can't test search-quality on knowledge I don't have (aka: the actual use of these tools).

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
Pagination under review.