• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LG OLED C1 TV odd behaviour after nearly 2 years

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
I don't think it amounts to a couple of pennies per month, even with European energy prices being as absurd as they are. The process of rebooting the OS probably consumes more energy than leaving the TV on standby throughout the month.
Well I know that now that I have made this thread, i'll be leaving the TV "ON" in standby mode and see if things improve.
I still haven't heard back from LG but I think i'll tell them I won't be going ahead with any arrangement for them to send a engineer out as so far I've not had any problems.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I know to most people this statement might sound like total hyperbole but I have them side by side here, my 2022 Samsung The Frame (which isn't even a particularly bad QLED TV) and the LG G3 and the gap in their panels' image quality is simply unreal
Its really not hyperbole. These are two different worlds entirely, its that simple to me.

So yeah there are trade offs, and there are use cases for OLED. I think its something we need to accept. If the overall endurance of an OLED panel is sufficient (say, 6-8 years of above average/intensive usage) I can't complain. Ye olde TVs also last a good 10 years and at that point even an LCD looks far worse than when it came out of the box. However if OLED is too dim to be used proper within 5 years, I would say the tech isn't ready. That's not the case though, it seems, even after many pixel care cycles.

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
Well I know that now that I have made this thread, i'll be leaving the TV "ON" in standby mode and see if things improve.
I still haven't heard back from LG but I think i'll tell them I won't be going ahead with any arrangement for them to send a engineer out as so far I've not had any problems.

My understanding is that when you place your OLED on standby, it'll run the pixel cleaning and panel maintenance routine, as well as software updates on its own. You'll know it's doing that if you hear a click coming from the TV. So if you have the habit of unplugging it all the time, you might be interrupting all of these important cycles

Its really not hyperbole. These are two different worlds entirely, its that simple to me.

So yeah there are trade offs, and there are use cases for OLED. I think its something we need to accept. If the overall endurance of an OLED panel is sufficient (say, 6-8 years of above average/intensive usage) I can't complain. Ye olde TVs also last a good 10 years and at that point even an LCD looks far worse than when it came out of the box. However if OLED is too dim to be used proper within 5 years, I would say the tech isn't ready. That's not the case though, it seems, even after many pixel care cycles.

Agreed

Processor Ryzen 7800x3d
Motherboard Asus B650e-F Strix
Cooling Corsair H150i Pro
Memory Gskill 32gb 6000 mhz cl30
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage Samsung 980 pro 2tb, Samsung 860 evo 500gb, Samsung 850 evo 1tb, Samsung 860 evo 4tb
Display(s) Acer XB321HK
Case Coolermaster Cosmos 2
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi 5.1 Pro + Logitech Z560
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Win10 pro
Obviously, but then LCD TV's are, have been and will always be an absolute horror show to look at when they're displaying an image.

Trade offs.

Statements like this simply can't be taken seriously - it just screams oled fanboi.

Does oled have advantages over lcd? Sure, namely blacks. And that's about it. Oled on the other hand sux for brightness, so if you're sitting in a bright room rather than being a cave troll, say goodbye to any visibility with an oled. Highend lcd tv's on the other hand handle bright rooms with ease, in which blacks also become a non-issue.

I know to most people this statement might sound like total hyperbole but I have them side by side here, my 2022 Samsung The Frame (which isn't even a particularly bad QLED TV) and the LG G3 and the gap in their panels' image quality is simply unreal

It is indeed hyberbole.

Place the lg g3 next to a samsung qn900c in a bright room...

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Statements like this simply can't be taken seriously - it just screams oled fanboi.

Does oled have advantages over lcd? Sure, namely blacks. And that's about it. Oled on the other hand sux for brightness, so if you're sitting in a bright room rather than being a cave troll, say goodbye to any visibility with an oled. Highend lcd tv's on the other hand handle bright rooms with ease, in which blacks also become a non-issue.
Statements like yours are met in kind, that is all that is happening here ;)

So you're not a fan of OLED, great for you, its undeniably a better image in every possible way, including response times for example, where LCD needs a box of tricks, like overdrive with ghosting artifacts, and higher Hz than oled to deliver stable motion pictures. LCD suffers from varying G2G transitions, OLED has no visible errors of that kind. The contrast rating is more than just deep black, it can get high contrast without burning your retinas out, because the black point is near zero. The literal only drawback of OLED is the way it wears over time, in which LCD is 'easier to manage', but LCD panels also simply lose their brightness and their color accuracy over time. LCD is also very prone to imperfections: dead pixels are (were) a thing, backlight bleed, IPS glow, the odd failing backlight in an array, imperfect uniformity (its a given, not an 'if', every LCD panel is lit unevenly) etc. Any and all of these 'features' also do pop up and get worse over the lifetime of any LCD panel. In the end you can just see that you're looking at a canvas spun over a frame with some light behind it. Its cheap shit, sold and 'innovated' a lot but still cheap shit.

Its a different technology, simple as, and in most use cases where you would value a high quality image to gaze at, you wouldn't have much of an issue with lower overall brightness - quite the contrary even, as a lower brightness with great contrast actually helps color accuracy and viewing pleasure. Its easier on the eyes.

Just speaking from experience here owning several OLED panels now. On a Steam Deck OLED, the difference with the IPS version of it, is night and day. OLED is much easier to look at, doesn't 'feel' like a canvas with a backlight, but really just like looking out the window at night. You're not really looking at a screen visually, its just that part of the device shows something else all the time. On an LG OLED TV, similarly, its a totally different experience from any LCD, its only fault being a bit of halo effect at high peak brightness areas in HDR, but otherwise a perfectly uniform, correct, stable image all the time.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7800x3d
Storage Samsung 980 pro 2tb, Samsung 860 evo 500gb, Samsung 850 evo 1tb, Samsung 860 evo 4tb
Display(s) Acer XB321HK
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Win10 pro
Statements like yours are met in kind, that is all that is happening here ;)

So you're not a fan of OLED, great for you, its undeniably a better image in every possible way, including response times for example, where LCD needs a box of tricks, like overdrive with ghosting artifacts, and higher Hz than oled to deliver stable motion pictures. LCD suffers from varying G2G transitions, OLED has no visible errors of that kind. The contrast rating is more than just deep black, it can get high contrast without burning your retinas out, because the black point is near zero. The literal only drawback of OLED is the way it wears over time, in which LCD is 'easier to manage', but LCD panels also simply lose their brightness and their color accuracy over time.

Its a different technology, simple as, and in most use cases where you would value a high quality image to gaze at, you wouldn't have much of an issue with lower overall brightness - quite the contrary even, as a lower brightness with great contrast actually helps color accuracy and viewing pleasure. Its easier on the eyes.

Just speaking from experience here owning several OLED panels now. On a Steam Deck OLED, the difference with the IPS version of it, is night and day. OLED is much easier to look at, doesn't 'feel' like a canvas with a backlight, but really just like looking out the window at night. You're not really looking at a screen visually, its just that part of the device shows something else all the time.

Lol, basing the comparison on a cheap steam deck ips and oled...

As i said (and you conveniently ignored) put a highend lcd and an oled in a bright room, and the oled goes to sh1t... and yes, watching tv in a bright room with high tv brightness is infinitely better for your eyes than being a cave troll sitting in a dark room with only the tv as a light source...

And as for the transitions - the super fast transitions on oled can actually make the image appear to stutter on oleds when watching movies, something which reviewers also note https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/g3-oled - so no, not a clear cut advantage either.

But your oled fanboy level is obviously over 9000, so yeah...

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Lol, basing the comparison on a cheap steam deck ips and oled...

As i said (and you conveniently ignored) put a highend lcd and an oled in a bright room, and the oled goes to sh1t... and yes, watching tv in a bright room with high tv brightness is infinitely better for your eyes than being a cave troll sitting in a dark room with only the tv as a light source...

And as for the transitions - the super fast transitions on oled can actually make the image appear to stutter on oleds when watching movies, something which reviewers also note https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/g3-oled - so no, not a clear cut advantage either.

But your oled fanboy level is obviously over 9000, so yeah...
You enjoy those LCD's, while I move on. I didn't ignore bright room, I specifically pointed it out. If you like your ambient lighting cafetaria style while watching a movie, by all means you do you :) You have the perfect use case for 1000 nits of pure sunlight in your face right there.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
My understanding is that when you place your OLED on standby, it'll run the pixel cleaning and panel maintenance routine, as well as software updates on its own. You'll know it's doing that if you hear a click coming from the TV. So if you have the habit of unplugging it all the time, you might be interrupting all of these important cycles

Agreed
I didn't realise it does it while it's in standby mode,the LG C1 is my first OLED and I'll happily raise my hand in saying I didn't do my full research with regarding how you treat the panel. I only know the panel is amazing, which after experiencing one I can agree it is amazing.
Like I said I only turn it off from the wall when it's not in use to save on electricity, I only use the TV after work hours and in weekends, during the day it sits doing nothing.
Main reason why I have replaced my bad battery pixel 6 for a Sony Xperia 5V over the likes of pixel 8 and other enthusiast/premium phones. The Xperia 5v utilises a oled display.

Also folks, this isn't meant to be a debate or flame war on what panel is better than the other. So can we please stay on topic and not argue.

Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
It is indeed hyberbole.

Place the lg g3 next to a samsung qn900c in a bright room...

The G3's specialty is high brightness HDR, with the high grade panel, MLA and heatsink. Somewhat the point of the G series over the vastly more affordable C series.

This is a TV that can do in excess of 2000 nits, the bright room will be fine. Thankfully it stays in my bedroom/mancave :)

Processor Ryzen 7800x3d
Display(s) Acer XB321HK
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Win10 pro
The G3's specialty is high brightness HDR, with the high grade panel, MLA and heatsink. Somewhat the point of the G series over the vastly more affordable C series.

This is a TV that can do in excess of 2000 nits, the bright room will be fine. Thankfully it stays in my bedroom/mancave :)

It's better than most other OLEDS in that regard, but that aint saying much... and no it can't do over 2000 nits.

Fullscreen max brightness it can do is only 225 cd/m² - and it can do Peak 2% Window 1,442 cd/m²... aka in a small flash.

Not to mention that oleds degrade alot faster when close to their max brightness...

It's better than most other OLEDS in that regard, but that aint saying much... and no it can't do over 2000 nits.

Fullscreen max brightness it can do is only 225 cd/m² - and it can do Peak 2% Window 1,442 cd/m²... aka in a small flash.

Not to mention that oleds degrade alot faster when close to their max brightness...

At 100% sustained even miniLEDs lose like 70% of their peak brightness, come on.

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro
At 100% sustained even miniLEDs lose like 70% of their peak brightness, come on.

Shame the 900C is literally worse at everything else besides sustained brightness.....

Capture.PNG

I mean he could have at least sent over a comparison between the two..... I am all for people trading every other metric that makes a Tv actually good and just going with how bright it can get at the expense of everything else... It's their money after all.

Shame the 900C is literally worse at everything else besides sustained brightness.....

View attachment 337817

I mean he could have at least sent over a comparison between the two..... I am all for people trading every other metric that makes a Tv actually good and just going with how bright it can get at the expense of everything else... It's their money after all.

There are very select few TVs that can go toe to toe with the LG G series OLEDs when it comes to picture quality, and they're all equally expensive. The Z series are basically 8K G's but they start at $100K, there's the Samsung QD-OLEDs (the S95C is using 40Gbps HDMI ports like the 2020 LG CX - not good IMO), there's the Sony QD-OLED (A95L I believe) but it's pricy and regional availability is very limited, so...

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
There are very select few TVs that can go toe to toe with the LG G series OLEDs when it comes to picture quality, and they're all equally expensive. The Z series are basically 8K G's but they start at $100K, there's the Samsung QD-OLEDs (the S95C is using 40Gbps HDMI ports like the 2020 LG CX - not good IMO), there's the Sony QD-OLED (A95L I believe) but it's pricy and regional availability is very limited, so...
Ironically if I was considering another OLED TV right now it is between, all around the same price right now in the UK(about £1500-£2000):
Sony A95K from 2022, Sony 2023 A80L(comes with 5 year warranty) and Samsung S90C&S95C.

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
@Dragam1337
brightness has nothing to with "high end", but connected to the manufacturer/price and implementation,
not the tech itself.

and that an oled isnt as bright, is not an issue, as most ppl that want to watch movies,
dont tend to watch them in a sun lit room, similar to what is done in a theater--> lights dimmed.
ignoring thats the main reason/use for oleds (better blacks).

the same way owners of a 2-door-sports-car, dont worry about off-road capability vs what a 4x4 can offer.
compare/buy/use the tech for what it was designed.

@kurosagi01
if it was the A90L maybe, otherwise the A95 will be the much better unit.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
This is one of the many reasons that i refuse to use oled... pixel cleaning, good grief...
It's honestly not that bad, and the benefits are totally worth it.

And that's about it.
No, that just really shows a lot of ignorance on your part. The dirty screen effect is also completely eliminated, just off the top of my head.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
@kurosagi01
if it was the A90L maybe, otherwise the A95 will be the much better unit.
The A90L is not available in the UK, only the K model but that is like an extra £1k over here. The A95K I have seen a lot of positive reviews but I think what has semi put me off a little from my own experience of the C1 is maybe now I want a TV with 5 year warranty or something better than 1 year.
Sony isn't offering 5 year warranty on the old A95K since it is now 2 years old and its not in their current promotion. Same can be said with LG offering 5 year on their G3 range at the moment and I think Samsung is offering longer warranty too.
I expect a TV to start acting funny after 5 years and not in 2 years, since typically I don't even look at replacing a TV unless its absolutely FUBAR.
My parents old Samsung LED TV i've just replaced with my older bro as a present is just over 10 years old and that has developed micro LED white dots after like 9 years of use.

I agree the pixel cleaning isn't that bad, even when I was doing it on my own accord previously. Waiting 5 minutes isn't that bad when it pops up, just go make a cup of tea or take a dump.

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
@R-T-B
when i was still selling TVs, (potential) customers always used similar arguments,
vs matching the tv/tech to their use (oled mainly for movies, led for bright rooms).

i dont mind if someone doesnt like them, but it sometimes sounds to me like folks
complaining about the maintenance cost of a "+300K" car they will never get in the first place (for whatever reason)..

@kurosagi01
the 80s arent bad, but usually on the minimum side of that type of tech they sell,
if you do more than "watching the news" all day while being busy.

but shouldnt be a problem having less than 5y..
over the more than 10 years that i worked for sony (mil sector), we had a few times where they found issues later on,
and all were "covered" even if it happened after the warranty, as it was sometimes connected to hours of actual use (external power brick),
rather than plain age of the unit, and usually the x95/Z models dont get the "out of luck" response from support.
maybe the extended plans from online stores?

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
@R-T-B
when i was still selling TVs, (potential) customers always used similar arguments,
vs matching the tv/tech to their use (oled mainly for movies, led for bright rooms).

i dont mind if someone doesnt like them, but it sometimes sounds to me like folks
complaining about the maintenance cost of a "+300K" car they will never get in the first place (for whatever reason)..

@kurosagi01
the 80s arent bad, but usually on the minimum side of that type of tech they sell,
if you do more than "watching the news" all day while being busy.

but shouldnt be a problem having less than 5y..
over the more than 10 years that i worked for sony (mil sector), we had a few times where they found issues later on,
and all were "covered" even if it happened after the warranty, as it was sometimes connected to hours of actual use (external power brick),
rather than plain age of the unit, and usually the x95/Z models dont get the "out of luck" response from support.
maybe the extended plans from online stores?
As long as the 80s perform similar to the LG C series then I don't have a issue with them, but yeah I expect a TV to last 5+ years and slightly more than a budget TV.
LG wasn't offering extended plans at the time when I signed up for it back in 2022 I don't think but oh well.
I've finally got a call from LG and I told them i'll leave it for now as I am leaving the TV in standby mode to see how it behaves.

But the TV turning on after putting it in standby mode, while the soundbar is connected via eARC HDMI which I still haven't figured out why its suddenly doing it when it never done it.
The soundbar is in standby mode itself but it still manage to turn the TV on so I have to unplug it which is tedious.

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
@kurosagi01
should be a setting on SB/tv, at least when i saw it in the past.
unplug power from the SB, and see if it still happens, to see what device is responsible.

can only speak from past units where we had "similar" units in the shop (LG vs sony)
using the same panels, the sony tended to have better color accuracy/range and less banding,
and 90/95 units usually better processing of non UHD content.

one thing i saw:
using build in demo videos (mainly 4K and 10bit/HDR/DV etc) and running the same amount of time (mo-sun 9-9),
the LGs started to see image retention (mainly green) after 6-12 month of being on display,
when the similar sony unit didnt.
but i only had the 90/95 for the oleds.

Processor Ryzen 7800x3d
Display(s) Acer XB321HK
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Win10 pro

The % they lose is kinda irrelevant - their sustained number is what matters.

Watching a football game in the sunshine (which is one of the primary use cases for my tv) is very much doable at 585 nits, while you wouldn't be able to see much with the 225 nits of the g3, let alone the 150 nits of the c3.

View attachment 337817

What this doesn't take into account is games being run at 8k... that's the game changer ;)

And the fact that oleds degrade super fast, especially when used for alot of hours every day as a monitor.

Watching a football game in the sunshine (which is one of the primary use cases for my tv) is very much doable at 585 nits, while you wouldn't be able to see much with the 225 nits of the g3, let alone the 150 nits of the c3.

What this doesn't take into account is games being run at 8k... that's the game changer ;)

And the fact that oleds degrade super fast, especially when used for alot of hours every day as a monitor.

I find that it's quite usable even in a sunlit room at the minimum brightness setting. You'd be surprised.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
@kurosagi01
should be a setting on SB/tv, at least when i saw it in the past.
unplug power from the SB, and see if it still happens, to see what device is responsible.

can only speak from past units where we had "similar" units in the shop (LG vs sony)
using the same panels, the sony tended to have better color accuracy/range and less banding,
and 90/95 units usually better processing of non UHD content.

one thing i saw:
using build in demo videos (mainly 4K and 10bit/HDR/DV etc) and running the same amount of time (mo-sun 9-9),
the LGs started to see image retention (mainly green) after 6-12 month of being on display,
when the similar sony unit didnt.
but i only had the 90/95 for the oleds.
Seems like it is the Soundbar doing it, the moment I unplug the HDMI cable the TV stays in standby mode.
Doesn't look like there is any settings on the soundbar itself, only other thing I may try is turning off HDMI SIMPLINK on the C1.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Watercooling
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Royal 2x16GB
Video Card(s) MSi RTX 3080ti Suprim X
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600 PRO Hydro X
Display(s) Samsung G7 27" x2
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500W
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Steelseries Apex Pro

Tell me you've only ever experienced oled tvs via youtube videos and forums, without telling me ...

All you are doing is listing off hyperbole from years past, said in reviews and forum posts. Degrade super fast? Not usable in a brightly lit room? Are you sitting with the sun directly on your tv or something?

The major downside is that you have to let the display do the pixel refresh. Just the same as us oldtimers remember from having a plasma display. If you have to have your display on 24/7, then no, don't buy oled.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64

8K gaming and football in the sunshine, while earlier the TV was happy to never leave your mancave.

Dude, get a life.