• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

You mean the driver I just posted?
Yes, I disabled the driver enforcement and then right clicked and clicked install on the .inf to force install and it didn't work after install anyways.

So Installed op's driver

Yes, I disabled the driver enforcement and then right clicked and clicked install on the .inf to force install and it didn't work after install anyways.

Did you strip down ALL previous audio drivers from your system, including APOs and audio endpoints?

Did you strip down ALL previous audio drivers from your system, including APOs and audio endpoints?
Yes I did for Nvidia audio driver, to the point it didn't say "NVIDIA High Definition audio driver"

Yes I did for Nvidia audio driver, to the point it didn't say "NVIDIA High Definition audio driver"

And the audio endpoints?
Right click uninstall them, and make sure nothing is left behind using DriverStoreExplorer.

And the audio endpoints?
Right click uninstall them, and make sure nothing is left behind using DriverStoreExplorer.
I did use drivestore explorer. I believe I might have uninstalled the endpoints.

Does your driver has Dolby digital 5.1 built in like Alan's does?

Also have you heard of DTPC Dolby digital?

mmc_vJRcaV9a3r.png
rundll32_oKvsZb394H.png

Also have you heard of DTPC Dolby digital?
As I explained in the Readme file, these drivers are pure... With just the DD+ decoder.
DSP enhancers such as Doby Home Theatre and the Dolby Tuning and Profile Creator 'DTPC' aren't included.
You'll probably need to use APO driver to integrate those.
In any case I don't beleive Alan's audio driver that's included in his NVIDIA Display Lite pack come baked in with those either.

You can checkout my post if you'd like to integrate DD+ Home Theatre using APO Driver.

View attachment 290727View attachment 290728

As I explained in the Readme file, these drivers are pure... With just the DD+ decoder.
DSP enhancers such as Doby Home Theatre and the Dolby Tuning and Profile Creator 'DTPC' aren't included.
In any case I don't beleive Alan's audio driver that's included in his NVIDIA Display Lite pack come baked in with those either.

You can checkout my post if you'd like to integrate DD+ Home Theatre using APO Driver.
Thanks I try it out later.

APO driver doesn't work on windows 11, it doesn't even launch.

I think I might just use pure driver without dtpc

Thanks I try it out later.

APO driver doesn't work on windows 11, it doesn't even launch.

I think I might just use pure driver without dtpc

That's odd...
I'm running one of the recent Win11 Insider Preview builds (Canary channel) and APO seems to work ok although that said I don't use it very often.
But it definitely launches on my end (just tried).
The only tips I can offer is turn on UAC (I use the second setting from the bottom), reboot, run APO as admin.
And if it still fails to launch uninstall it using something like Revo Uninstaller, reboot and reinstall (as admin).

Got it to work, I installed it through Device manager.

So Dolby digital is Dolby digital+? Also is Dolby digital 5.1 and not just stereo?

Got it to work, I installed it through Device manager.

So Dolby digital is Dolby digital+? Also is Dolby digital 5.1 and not just stereo?

Nice !

In all honesty I'm also kinda confused about the differences...
I mean comparing the spec side by side there's a significant difference between the two, however there's quite a bit of disinformation surrounding (pun intended) the subject.
For example my Yamaha RX-V475 AVR claims DD+ support whereas it's only 5.1 and DD+ is supposed to be 7.1...
Dunno...
I'm sure there are ppl here who can shed a brighter light on the matter.
Dolby Digital Can be both stereo and 5.1 depending on the content being decodeed through it.
If the stream is multichannel then the decoder will spread it out to surround, but with stereo sources I haven't really encountered any proper upstreaming.... Unless you have some pseudo-upscaling DSP effects turned on.
For this very reason (amongst others) I use a VST host running systemwide and one of the select few plugins I have loaded by default is a high quality upscaler (Nugen Halo Upscale). Therefore every audio signal that passes through my PC out to my AVR and then the 5.1 speakers gets upscaled.
This applies to music, movies, youtube....whatever.....
So long as the source signal isn't mono...

Nice !

In all honesty I'm also kinda confused about the differences...
I mean comparing the spec side by side there's a significant difference between the two, however there's quite a bit of disinformation surrounding (pun intended) the subject.
For example my Yamaha RX-V475 AVR claims DD+ support whereas it's only 5.1 and DD+ is supposed to be 7.1...
Dunno...
I'm sure there are ppl here who can shed a brighter light on the matter.
Dolby Digital Can be both stereo and 5.1 depending on the content being decodeed through it.
If the stream is multichannel then the decoder will spread it out to surround, but with stereo sources I haven't really encountered any proper upstreaming.... Unless you have some pseudo-upscaling DSP effects turned on.
For this very reason (amongst others) I use a VST host running systemwide and one of the select few plugins I have loaded by default is a high quality upscaler (Nugen Halo Upscale). Therefore every audio signal that passes through my PC out to my AVR and then the 5.1 speakers gets upscaled.
This applies to music, movies, youtube....whatever.....
So long as the source signal isn't mono...
I have AVR, A sound bar 5.1.2 system connected through HDMI for my PC and I watch all my shows and movies and sometimes YT on it.

So if I use 5.1 as my configuration, YT videos and music sound louder at lower volume than 5.1 or Atmos, etc. In some cases

I have AVR, A sound bar 5.1.2 system connected through HDMI for my PC and I watch all my shows and movies and sometimes YT on it.

So if I use 5.1 as my configuration, YT videos and music sound louder at lower volume than 5.1 or Atmos, etc. In some cases

Too many variables at play there....
Your soundbar is intercepting the audio and then, depending on the manufacturer's design it's applying who knows what sort of processing to the signal.
In addition to that, youtube does not natively support multichannel audio. The signal you'll receive from YT is limited to the spectrum in between the center (mono) and the stereo width.
Again, it's impossible for me to know how your soundbar processes different types of streams and surely you can tweak some settings to your liking.
That said, it's reasonable to assume that because YT is only mono->stereo, switching your sounbar to any multichannel surround setting will either trigger some upscaling algo, or in the worst case scenario switch to multichannel stereo which essentially just plays everything everywhere which is a bloody mess...
Therefore it's plausable you're getting clearer, more focused and likely louder output from YT when avoiding multichannel modes.

Updated NVIDIA HDAUDIO Driver v.1.3.40.14 (11/04/2023) with DolbyDigital Decoder - based on Alan's original mod.
Base driver files extracted from fresh NVIDIA GeForce Display Driver 535.50 - Windows Insider Build.

Attachments

• Dolby.png
    Dolby.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 174
System Name Legion 5-15ACH6 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82JW
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600H With Radeon Graphics (6 Cores, 3.3Ghz Up To 4.25Ghz)
Motherboard LENOVO (LNVNB161216)
Cooling Legion Internal Cooling Fans + Universal N19 External Cooler (1.5W, 23-44CFM, 0.4A, 1*130mm Fan)
Memory Ramaxel Technology 8gb SODIMM DDR4 3200Mhz x2 (16gb, Dual Channel)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU (4.0 GB) / AMD Radeon Graphics 448SP Mobile (2.0 GB, Disabled)
Storage SAMSUNG MZVLB512HBJQ-000L2 M.2 SSD / Samsung 850 EVO SSD x2
Display(s) Default Moniter 15'6 (165hz, Dolby Vision HDR, 1080p, FreeSync/G-Sync Compatiable)
Audio Device(s) Lenovo Legion H500 7.1 Headset/Realtek(R) Audio w/Nahimic Audio (ALC3306)
Power Supply 230W 100-240V 50-60Hz AC Adapter
Mouse Trands-International 6D 6-Button Mouse
Keyboard Legion Truestrike keyboard Enhanced (101-Key or 102-Key)
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Home Insider Preview x64 (Canary Channel)
Benchmark Scores Will Update Eventually Too Lazy XD (If You Want PM Me Cuz Prob Won't Update It)
Updated NVIDIA HDAUDIO Driver v.1.3.40.14 (11/04/2023) with DolbyDigital Decoder - based on Alan's original mod.
Base driver files extracted from fresh NVIDIA GeForce Display Driver 535.50 - Windows Insider Build.
Nice!

Nice to see you guys working on HDMI-GPU's, even Alan is these days. Most of you probably didnt even know you could put encoders on GPU's until a year ago, from some nice guy.

:)

I downloaded the APO Driver but do not know what to install to simply get Dolby Digital Live! for gaming 5.1 from my AMD A6-7310 / A8-7410 APU with Radeon R4 / R5 graphics over HDMI from the Laptop to the receiver which goes from the receiver to the Hisense 43A6H 4k google tv via DIGITAL OPTICAL and in the TV settings I have the digital audio set to Pass Through mode which works fine for movies just PCM 2 Channel audio for games. Thanks

danielprashaanth

Hey there! can you tell, how you themed this "Properties" window to dark mode?

Hey there! can you tell, how you themed this "Properties" window to dark mode?
I had a feeling someone would inquire about this at some point :)
It involves using older theming techniques which aren't officially supported anymore, yet can still be used thanks to the availability os a few workaround tools, as well as a talented select few theming artists whom are keeping this 'undergroung' scene alive.
You'll need to get yourself familiarised with the the usage of said tools.
Theme I'm currently using.
General theming instructions and tools.
I personally recommend using SecureUxTheme as opposed to UltraUXThemePatcher as the latter patches system files whereas the former doesn't and is considered safer.
You'll also need to make yourself familliar with 7TSP-GUI-2019-Edition for applying icon packs as well as other other relevant theme fix patches ususally released by the theme artist as part of a pack containing several resources and instructions pertaining to correct installation of said particular theme.
Bit of a learning curve but honestly not too bad...
Take backups before fiddling!

danielprashaanth

I had a feeling someone would inquire about this at some point :)
It involves using older theming techniques which aren't officially supported anymore, yet can still be used thanks to the availability os a few workaround tools, as well as a talented select few theming artists whom are keeping this 'undergroung' scene alive.
You'll need to get yourself familiarised with the the usage of said tools.
Theme I'm currently using.
General theming instructions and tools.
I personally recommend using SecureUxTheme as opposed to UltraUXThemePatcher as the latter patches system files whereas the former doesn't and is considered safer.
You'll also need to make yourself familliar with 7TSP-GUI-2019-Edition for applying icon packs as well as other other relevant theme fix patches ususally released by the theme artist as part of a pack containing several resources and instructions pertaining to correct installation of said particular theme.
Bit of a learning curve but honestly not too bad...
Take backups before fiddling!
Thank you so much for the detailed reply, with including the steps and the link to the patcher file. It seems like I'll need to put in quite a bit of effort, but I'm willing to give it a try.
Thank you once again.

superfishy

That's odd...
I'm running one of the recent Win11 Insider Preview builds (Canary channel) and APO seems to work ok although that said I don't use it very often.
But it definitely launches on my end (just tried).
The only tips I can offer is turn on UAC (I use the second setting from the bottom), reboot, run APO as admin.
And if it still fails to launch uninstall it using something like Revo Uninstaller, reboot and reinstall (as admin).
HEY there! I have followed your instructions to completely uninstall and reinstall. After a successful exit of install program, the FX configurator just won't run normally. Run as administrator or not all ends to a crush right after dowble click. I am using win11 insider preview as well. Build 23466.ni_prerelease.230522-1422. Please give me some instructions to get furthur details about my issue. Like how to capture a log or where is the error info storage. Thanks.

HEY there! I have followed your instructions to completely uninstall and reinstall. After a successful exit of install program, the FX configurator just won't run normally. Run as administrator or not all ends to a crush right after dowble click. I am using win11 insider preview as well. Build 23466.ni_prerelease.230522-1422. Please give me some instructions to get furthur details about my issue. Like how to capture a log or where is the error info storage. Thanks.
Are you using the FX Configurator version that's included in Allan's latest official APO Driver release?

Sure, of course. v2.10.6 installed as administrator
Never encountered this so all I can do is throw a couple of ideas for you to try...
Is UAC turned on? (User Access Control).
People often get fed up with with the permission prompts and turn UAC off - which can cause all sorts of issues executing system level stuff even when running as admin...
Turn it back on if that's the case, reboot and try again.
Temporarily disable any AV/malware protection apps... including windows defender.
Monitor your task manager when attempting to run FX Configurator and also see if any clues show up on the event viewer logs.
Failure to launch an executable should leave behind some sort of trace for you to investigate further...
Maybe the app itself keeps logs somewhere...

I'm sure you'll crack open this case in notime Sherlock :)

superfishy

Never encountered this so all I can do is throw a couple of ideas for you to try...
Is UAC turned on? (User Access Control).
People often get fed up with with the permission prompts and turn UAC off - which can cause all sorts of issues executing system level stuff even when running as admin...
Turn it back on if that's the case, reboot and try again.
Temporarily disable any AV/malware protection apps... including windows defender.
Monitor your task manager when attempting to run FX Configurator and also see if any clues show up on the event viewer logs.
Failure to launch an executable should leave behind some sort of trace for you to investigate further...
Maybe the app itself keeps logs somewhere...

I'm sure you'll crack open this case in notime Sherlock :)
UAC on. Anti-Virus off. Sherlock.exe inistiating...

Sure, of course. v2.10.6 installed as administrator
You should disable Driver signature enforcement . You may also disable secure boot. I have faced the same issue on 22621 and it is normal when Windows prevents drivers from installing even if they include a certificate, as APO driver does