• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nova Pro Wireless Crackling Sound Problem

Fyndex

Hello everyone, I hear crackling sounds at irregular intervals from the Nova Pro Wireless headphones I just purchased, while listening to music, playing games or chatting. It's like a parasite. This sound is not present in the wired version of the same headset. I don't want to return it but it's annoying. Does anyone know a solution?

-I reinstalled Windows.
-I updated the BIOS.
-I reinstalled the Realtek drivers.
-I reinstalled the SteelSeries GG software.
-I disabled Sonar.
-I changed the frequencies.

(Sorry for my English)

System Name Z77 Rev. 1
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Water Cooling
Memory 2x G.Skill F3-2400C10D-16GTX
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080
Storage Samsung 850 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 28" UE590 UHD
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
Mouse EVGA TORQ X10
Keyboard Leopold Tenkeyless
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy: 7695
What sampling frequency and bit depth are you using? You said that you tried changing it, but from what to what?

44.1 or 48 kHz and 16-bit is the most common and most recommended values to use as far as compatability is concerned; especially since higher is pointless in almost all situations. Make sure the values in the operating system match the values in the audio program.

Fyndex

What sampling frequency and bit depth are you using? You said that you tried changing it, but from what to what?

44.1 or 48 kHz and 16-bit is the most common and most recommended values to use as far as compatability is concerned; especially since higher is pointless in almost all situations. Make sure the values in the operating system match the values in the audio program.
It comes out of the box as 48 kHz/24 bit. I tried it at 48 kHz/16 bit but it didn't change anything. 44.1 kHz is not in the settings.

Last edited:
Probably some sort of WiFi interference or the transmitter and/or receiver is jittering.

If you can try another computer and it works flawlessly then somehow the computer, or work area, you are using now is introducing an issue.
I would guess it will do the same with another computer, and if so, then something not so good with the transmitter-receiver.

Fyndex

If you can try another computer and it works flawlessly then somehow the computer, or work area, you are using now is introducing an issue.
I would guess it will do the same with another computer, and if so, then something not so good with the transmitter-receiver.
In this case, I think I have a faulty product. I think I'll return it.

When you say the wired version, is it the exact same physical headset (in your hands) but connected via wired?

Fyndex

When you say the wired version, is it the exact same physical headset (in your hands) but connected via wired?
I currently have both versions of the Nova Pro. I use the wireless model on my main system and the wired model on my other system.

I see, well try a swap of the wireless to the other system and see, but its probably return.

Fyndex

I see, well try a swap of the wireless to the other system and see, but its probably return.
Yes, it does the same thing on both systems. It is clear that it is a problematic product. On the other hand, there are many people experiencing the same problem.

Noted, then I would suggest looking for another headset entirely if that is the case.