• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Seemingly Begins Resupplying GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPUs

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
If they were running new batches, then they would very likely be running some of the bigger dies which gives more profit per wafer.
None of what you say actually negates my post, really.

I've already said that NVIDIA had to make compromises, so yeah, Turing isn't quite as good as it could have been and it's first gen RTX too, the reviews said so. It's not the end of the world though and they can still make decent cards out of it, so I think they should use those instead of Pascal. In the end, neither of us have all the facts in front of us to fully understand why NVIDIA made this decision, so we shouldn't be too judgemental about Turing.

The big performance leap also reflects further development of RTX as well as a better process node - and let's not forget the competition from AMD that simply wasn't there when Turning came out. NVIDIA wants to be top dog at almost any cost, so it's not that surprising that Ampere has a big performance uplift to make it as hard as possible for AMD to catch up, and so far they're winning. We'll see in a year or two if this still holds true, but I think it will.

Anyway, you worry too much about my emotions, which have nothing to do with it. Blanketing the whole Turing line as "shit" without knowing those fact is just being judgemental and a bit ignorant, really.
Fair enough. Good points