• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

One human's journey with an Arc A750

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Motherboard ASUS B450M-A II
Cooling be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT
Storage PNY CS1030 250GB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Fractal Define 7 Compact
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Mouse Logitech M705 Marthon
Keyboard Logitech G410
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Some weeks back, a fellow forumite noted that A750s were $250 at Newegg. "Hey," think I to myself, "that hits my newly-raised self-imposed price ceiling for a graphics card." Then promptly think about other things, because I bought a 1070 ti not all that long ago, and an RTX 3050 not terribly long before that. And the A750 isn't that much faster than a 1070 ti anyway. But the fact took up residence in the back of my brain, and impulse control finally failed last week. With a $250-lighter wallet, there is now a very handsome A750 in a box in my office.

"Why in a box," I hear/imagine you asking. A fair question, and deserving of an answer. Once I found some time for installation, I proceed to prepare for the operation.

--

Day One. Uninstall 1070 ti via Device Manager (leaving drivers), reboot into BIOS to enable resizable BAR, which does not work. On reboot, the system kicks me back into BIOS. This continues to happen until I disable ReBAR. Maybe Pascal doesn't like it? Whatever; shut down, pull the GeForce, and drop in the ARC. Same behavior; can't get past post with ReBAR on. Problem with the MoBo (ASUS B450M-A II, which has been otherwise stellar)? Well, BAR off is a performance hit, but it should still work.

Huzzah! We get past POST. However, we're soft locking apparently at random. First boot wouldn't load login prompt. Second does, but as services are starting, the screen goes to a low-res image of the desktop background, and I hear the notification bell, as though there's a confirmation prompt off-screen. No common keyboard inputs will dismiss/confirm this phantom prompt. Force reset. This situation recurs on every boot, at varying intervals post-login. After a few attempts, I retain input control long enough to disable Intel software on startup. This seems to solve the issue.

This was not, however, the only issue. Certain software is now acting weird. Firefox seemed to soft lock the system on the F@H control page. Hwinfo64 self-terminates, and on the fourth launch attempt either coincides with or causes a soft lock. Well, it's an old-ish version; maybe it doesn't play nice with ARC yet. On next reboot I disable all startup items in Task Manager, get rid of Run keys for Intel software in the registry, and reboot once more. OS loads without incident, so it's time to try a game; let's go with FFXIV.

FFXIV launches with no drama. Slight drama on the login screen, though; background effects and animations are dropping frames all over the place. Symptom of no ReBAR? Who knows; I'm through the queue now anyway. Performance in-game seems fine. Subjectively and at first blush, camera movement seem smoother than on the 1070 ti. I run around Drybone (I think) for a bit, then end up tabbing out (to Firefox?) for reasons I don't recall, possibly to look up BIOS versions for my board. Of course, the ASUS support site is down. And the system has now soft-locked anyway.

--

Day Two. I got shizz to do, and it's game night with a friend tonight. Better drop the 1070 ti back in. Uninstall Intel software, uninstall A750 through DevMan, deleting driver software this time. Swap cards, bring system back up and check on startup items. Wait; why are there entries for Intel Control and Driver Support in Services? I uninstalled those! Jeebus, Intel; sort out your software. O hey, and my G410 has fallen back on default key colors. That's right; everything's disabled. So I manually run GHub, and it just sits there and spins on the splash screen. Restart to same result. Uninstall and reinstall, no dice. Uninstall, download and install latest version to identical effect. Did Intel's software actually break my system!? Everything else works so far, but I've no idea why GHub would arbitrarily just Not Work. Oh, along the way I discover that ARC cards can't F@H because they don't have FP64 in hardware, and Intel's software FP64 emulation isn't reliable enough. Curses.

Potential Future Actions:
BIOS update (if available)
Windows Update to 22H2 (still on 21H2)
OS reinstall
Beta drivers (using WHQL to this point)
Attempt card installation on Z590 system

@dirtyferret @AusWolf

System Name Sleepy Painter
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus TuF Gaming X570-PLUS/WIFI
Cooling FSP Windale 6 - Passive
Memory 2x16GB F4-3600C16-16GVKC @ 16-19-21-36-58-1T
Video Card(s) MSI RX580 8GB
Storage 2x Samsung PM963 960GB nVME RAID0, Crucial BX500 1TB SATA, WD Blue 3D 2TB SATA
Display(s) Microboard 32" Curved 1080P 144hz VA w/ Freesync
Case NZXT Gamma Classic Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1
Power Supply Rosewill 1KW on 240V@60hz
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legend
Keyboard Red Dragon K552
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC 1809 17763.1757
Test RAM. (Dunno what best tool is today)
Reset CMOS.

Also, you're on the right track; I would be updating BIOS/UEFI. I believe there's been some AGESA updates that address ReBAR stability/compatibility.

Also, in Boot settings CSM must be off; secure boot must be enabled for ReBAR to work.

Oh, and I basically did the same thing with a 6500 XT, when I had an RX 580. It was very slightly faster, even with half the VRAM. :p

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
Why did you leave the Nvidia drivers installed?

I'm going with OS reinstall on spare drive + fully up to date WU + BIOS up to date fixes this. Good luck, human and Arc A750.:)

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Keyboard Logitech G410
Test RAM. (Dunno what best tool is today)
Reset CMOS.

Also, you're on the right track; I would be updating BIOS/UEFI. I believe there's been some AGESA updates that address ReBAR stability/compatibility.

Also, in Boot settings CSM must be off; secure boot must be enabled for ReBAR to work.

Oh, and I basically did the same thing with a 6500 XT, when I had an RX 580. It was very slightly faster, even with half the VRAM. :p

I may test RAM if other steps don't work. Nothing so far points to bad memory. Clear CMOS couldn't hurt; I haven't tried that yet.

This BIOS automatically disables CSM when enabling ReBAR, conveniently enough.

Why did you leave the Nvidia drivers installed?

I'm going with OS reinstall on spare drive + fully up to date WU + BIOS up to date fixes this. Good luck, human and Arc A750.:)

Experience to this point has shown little or no detriment to different vendors' drivers lying dormant. An earlier iteration of this system was subjected to regular swaps of Nvidia to AMD and back without uninstall between to no apparent issue. Figured it would be faster to get back up and running should I need fall back on the old card (which I did) if the drivers were still present. Planning on being more thorough on the next attempt.

System Name Sleepy Painter
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus TuF Gaming X570-PLUS/WIFI
Cooling FSP Windale 6 - Passive
Memory 2x16GB F4-3600C16-16GVKC @ 16-19-21-36-58-1T
Video Card(s) MSI RX580 8GB
Storage 2x Samsung PM963 960GB nVME RAID0, Crucial BX500 1TB SATA, WD Blue 3D 2TB SATA
Display(s) Microboard 32" Curved 1080P 144hz VA w/ Freesync
Case NZXT Gamma Classic Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1
Power Supply Rosewill 1KW on 240V@60hz
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legend
Keyboard Red Dragon K552
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC 1809 17763.1757
Experience to this point has shown little or no detriment to different vendors' drivers lying dormant. An earlier iteration of this system was subjected to regular swaps of Nvidia to AMD and back without uninstall between to no apparent issue. Figured it would be faster to get back up and running should I need fall back on the old card (which I did) if the drivers were still present. Planning on being more thorough on the next attempt.

Regardless, I'd say by the symptoms presented, "drivers" are on the low-end of probable causes.

As to my reasoning on RAM testing:
Softlocks (and BSODs, and hardcrashes) and especially on/off no POST/RAM-training fails (which appear like long/no POSTs on my X570 and A320 from Asus) can point towards bad/unstable RAM/settings.
On my A320 mATX board, I've had similar symptoms-as-described using: DOCP, 'labeled stock', and even the 'compatibility' JEDEC SPD Clocks/Timings/Voltages.

(of note: softlocks are, in my experience, a common symptom of bad cable/connection or failing drive. It does not have to be "C: drive" with the problem either. BTW, I have 'damaged' SATA cables and mis-seated NVMe drives while installing/unstalling GPUs. oops.)

Last edited:
Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Once I found some time for installation, I proceed to prepare for the operation.
I believe you said in another post you installed it this week (or the previous week) so drivers are fairly recent. These are not the drivers intel offered at the initial release.

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
Was merely wondering why one would go to the trouble of partially removing something that has a strong position inside this conflict.

Not long ago I had similar issues partially removing graphic/utility software to pare down their behaviors. So this was an instructive for me, not OP.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Oh my, that's a lot of hassle just to get a GPU working! :( Has there been any progress so far?

When I installed the newest driver for my 11700 (UHD 750), the Arc control panel wouldn't open. I had to downgrade to the one before. It's one step forward, one step back with Intel drivers, it seems.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2Ă—BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Oh my, that's a lot of hassle just to get a GPU working! :( Has there been any progress so far?

When I installed the newest driver for my 11700 (UHD 750), the Arc control panel wouldn't open. I had to downgrade to the one before. It's one step forward, one step back with Intel drivers, it seems.
You'd think for as many years Intel has had an igp that they'd get their drivers right the first time everytime.

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Keyboard Logitech G410

Not yet, or possibly maybe; I just don't have the required time to mess with it right now. I think I know why it won't boot with reBAR enabled, though: As another member posted above, reBAR and CSM are mutually exclusive, and I think my Windows installation requires CSM enabled. When it's not, the BIOS recognizes the NVMe drive, but not as a bootable device. It will, however, boot from USB stick in this state.

Side note: This board's been good to me overall, but man do I hate the BIOS UI. Give me MSI's layout any day.

Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI MEG UNIFY
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 360mm
Memory 4x8GB 3600c16 Ballistix
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage 1TB SX8200 Pro, 2TB SanDisk Ultra 3D, 6TB WD Red Pro
Display(s) Acer XV272U
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky One 2
On my system without changing a GPU ever I’ve had GHUB installs nuke themselves out of the blue so I doubt that one is related :laugh:

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
You'd think for as many years Intel has had an igp that they'd get their drivers right the first time everytime.

Taking into account the lack of effort on Intel's part to support their dGPUs and the lack of marketing I get the impression that they aren't serious about being competitive in the commercial side of GPUs. I could be wrong but we'll see over the next couple of years. As always the old saying holds true.
"Actions speak louder than words".

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2Ă—BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Taking into account the lack of effort on Intel's part to support their dGPUs and the lack of marketing I get the impression that they aren't serious about being competitive in the commercial side of GPUs. I could be wrong but we'll see over the next couple of years. As always the old saying holds true.
"Actions speak louder than words".
Raja yet again promised and was fired

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Rebar will disable if you dont have UEFI boot - as soon as CSM is enabled, rebar is disabled.

Google found a working link, but going in via the website normally results in a blank page
PRIME B450M-A II|Motherboards|ASUS Global
Definitely try a newer BIOS, as it has AGESA 1.2.0.8 available and that may help - loading optimised defaults can help with hardware changes, too.
(CMOS reset doesnt always load the same as optimised defaults, and no i have no idea why)

Regarding RAM, don't forget that the infinity fabric is part of this. You can stress test that RAM all day long and have it pass every test for the system to crash under normal use, because you pushed the memory controller/IF too far

I'm not seeing any specs for this system, post a Zentimings screenshot?
You don't even state the CPU, not all AM4 CPU's support REBAR. 3000 and 5000 series do, but the 3000G series don't, nor does anything older.

Experience to this point has shown little or no detriment to different vendors' drivers lying dormant
Oh it's rarely the drivers - it's the *services*
If you install asus aura and then move that OS to another brands motherboard it'll BSOD on boot instantly, and the only fix is to safe mode and disable the asus service, so you can reboot and uninstall it in normal mode

I'll say that Nvidia/AMD/Intel GPU drivers rarely have any issues other than some bloated RAM usage (like Geforce experience with an AMD GPU - no real performance loss, just pointless RAM usage)
But the software and extras, especially for motherboards? THAT stuff breaks everything. Like how iCue and HWinfo still can't get along without freezing up the commander pro, despite hundreds of updates.

Last edited:
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Not yet, or possibly maybe; I just don't have the required time to mess with it right now. I think I know why it won't boot with reBAR enabled, though: As another member posted above, reBAR and CSM are mutually exclusive, and I think my Windows installation requires CSM enabled. When it's not, the BIOS recognizes the NVMe drive, but not as a bootable device. It will, however, boot from USB stick in this state.

Side note: This board's been good to me overall, but man do I hate the BIOS UI. Give me MSI's layout any day.
That sounds like a complete Windows reinstall waiting. :(

As for motherboard BIOS/UEFI layouts, I've limited myself to Asus and MSi (Asus with Intel, MSi with AMD after the recent fiasco).

Raja yet again promised and was fired
He wasn't fired. He came to a mutual agreement with Intel to swap to a position that is potentially better suited for his talent. :roll:

Last edited:
I think my Windows installation requires CSM enabled. When it's not, the BIOS recognizes the NVMe drive, but not as a bootable device. It will, however, boot from USB stick in this state.
Yeah, does sound like a reinstall is needful (with CSM disabled and drive GPT not MBR). Mayhaps a sysprep and image might be sufficient vs pure reinstall, but differ to others on that as my WinOS foo is quite rusty indeed.

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Keyboard Logitech G410
Rebar will disable if you dont have UEFI boot - as soon as CSM is enabled, rebar is disabled.

Google found a working link, but going in via the website normally results in a blank page
PRIME B450M-A II|Motherboards|ASUS Global
Definitely try a newer BIOS, as it has AGESA 1.2.0.8 available and that may help - loading optimised defaults can help with hardware changes, too.
(CMOS reset doesnt always load the same as optimised defaults, and no i have no idea why)

BIOS is updated to latest with no change in behaviour.

Regarding RAM, don't forget that the infinity fabric is part of this. You can stress test that RAM all day long and have it pass every test for the system to crash under normal use, because you pushed the memory controller/IF too far

I'm not seeing any specs for this system, post a Zentimings screenshot?
You don't even state the CPU, not all AM4 CPU's support REBAR. 3000 and 5000 series do, but the 3000G series don't, nor does anything older.

You're quite right; I did not list full specs. Would you allow an edit to OP so I can add?

Ryzen 5600G
ASUS B450M-A II
Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3200 2 x 8 GB @ JEDEC 2666
EVGA GTX 1070 ti SC / Intel ARC A750
PNY CS1030 250GB
WD10EZEX
EVGA 550 G3

1684111184997.png

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
That sounds like a complete Windows reinstall waiting. :(

As for motherboard BIOS/UEFI layouts, I've limited myself to Asus and MSi (Asus with Intel, MSi with AMD after the recent fiasco).

He wasn't fired. He came to a mutual agreement with Intel to swap to a position that is potentially better suited for his talent. :roll:
Sarcasm at work

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.

You're quite right; I did not list full specs. Would you allow an edit to OP so I can add?

Ryzen 5600G
ASUS B450M-A II
PNY CS1030 250GB
WD10EZEX
EVGA 550 G3

View attachment 295993
That SoC voltage is quite low, according to a quick google search they're known for sagging a fair bit if the iGPU is used
You're only at 2667 with XMP off - why?

You're on the latest BIOS, so i'd load optimised defaults, enable XMP and set VSOC to 1.0v. 1.10v is extremely safe, so 1.0v is conservative for sure.
This just helps prevent any infinity fabric dropouts, which shouldnt happen anyway with 2x8SR at 3200.
With that working right, you need to get CSM disabled and UEFI only booting with your OS, and then try rebar again - the 1070 won't support rebar, but will support UEFI and allow rebar to work on "auto"

The Nvidia, AMD and Intel drivers should all happily coexist on the same PC without issues - just avoid extras like geforce experience and keep it driver only, don't stress about uninstalling those as you go.

21H2 may be part of the problem as there have definitely been major changes to the graphics systems in windows 10 and 11 in the 22H2 updates - the intel drivers may not work right with the older OS version

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, transparent full custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary

Ryzen 5600G
ASUS B450M-A II
PNY CS1030 250GB
WD10EZEX
EVGA 550 G3

View attachment 295993
Why are you running your ram at JEDEC?

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Keyboard Logitech G410
That SoC voltage is quite low, according to a quick google search they're known for sagging a fair bit if the iGPU is used

This is my first Ryzen chip, and I'm no CPU expert in general, so have been simply running BIOS defaults.

You're only at 2667 with XMP off - why?
Why are you running your ram at JEDEC?

Reduction of confounding variables. Unless there's some manner in which running 3200 can help in a way other than simply "faster", I'd prefer to leave at default until everything works.

You're on the latest BIOS, so i'd load optimised defaults, enable XMP and set VSOC to 1.0v. 1.10v is extremely safe, so 1.0v is conservative for sure.
This just helps prevent any infinity fabric dropouts, which shouldnt happen anyway with 2x8SR at 3200.
With that working right, you need to get CSM disabled and UEFI only booting with your OS, and then try rebar again - the 1070 won't support rebar, but will support UEFI and allow rebar to work on "auto"

The Nvidia, AMD and Intel drivers should all happily coexist on the same PC without issues - just avoid extras like geforce experience and keep it driver only, don't stress about uninstalling those as you go.

21H2 may be part of the problem as there have definitely been major changes to the graphics systems in windows 10 and 11 in the 22H2 updates - the intel drivers may not work right with the older OS version

I'll give the above a shot, but not perhaps until June. It's a busy time of year for me.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Intel Graphics Releases Arc GPU Graphics Drivers 101.4369 WHQL | TechPowerUp
new drivers came out today, too

The ram at XMP isn't about speed but stability - your rams not certified to be stable at jedec timings and voltages. A lot of RAM needs those XMP/EXPO timings and voltages to work, period. You can lower the speed after applying XMP to prevent the frequency being an issue on the IMC.

On ryzen, various RAM features like GDM dont activate below 2667 so you miss out on stability features.
You also slow the entire system down massively since those APU models have less cache, so they're FAR more sensitive to slow RAM than the higher model CPUs - the exact opposite of the 3D chips.
It wont cause major issues, but it can certainly hurt 0.1% low FPS and introduce stuttering, for example.

As the RAM speed increases, Infinity fabric goes with it - SoC voltage increases the voltage of that link. The only reason i'm suggesting you raise yours is because it's defaulted very low, perhaps enabling XMP would natively raise it to 0.95v which is more standard.

When the IF drops out, you get device disconnects - USB, SATA, PCI-E... and that can show up as a system crash or as a driver crash, such as a GPU driver crashing out

Software Windows 10 Pro
Intel Graphics Releases Arc GPU Graphics Drivers 101.4369 WHQL | TechPowerUp
new drivers came out today, too

The ram at XMP isn't about speed but stability - your rams not certified to be stable at jedec timings and voltages. A lot of RAM needs those XMP/EXPO timings and voltages to work, period. You can lower the speed after applying XMP to prevent the frequency being an issue on the IMC.

On ryzen, various RAM features like GDM dont activate below 2667 so you miss out on stability features.
You also slow the entire system down massively since those APU models have less cache, so they're FAR more sensitive to slow RAM than the higher model CPUs - the exact opposite of the 3D chips.
It wont cause major issues, but it can certainly hurt 0.1% low FPS and introduce stuttering, for example.

As the RAM speed increases, Infinity fabric goes with it - SoC voltage increases the voltage of that link. The only reason i'm suggesting you raise yours is because it's defaulted very low, perhaps enabling XMP would natively raise it to 0.95v which is more standard.

When the IF drops out, you get device disconnects - USB, SATA, PCI-E... and that can show up as a system crash or as a driver crash, such as a GPU driver crashing out
Courtesy of a friend selling his PC, I might be building a 7th gen Intel system soon. It has 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM support, but every single kit you can buy these days is 2133-2400 MHz JEDEC and 3000+ XMP, which means no chance to run anything else than JEDEC with that system, so we'll see. :)

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Courtesy of a friend selling his PC, I might be building a 7th gen Intel system soon. It has 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM support, but every single kit you can buy these days is 2133-2400 MHz JEDEC and 3000+ XMP, which means no chance to run anything else than JEDEC with that system, so we'll see. :)
Motherboard is the limit on 6 and 7, i've got a 6700 stuck on 2133 because of that

XMP is great on the AMD platforms, it's just that it cant adjust SoC voltage
Almost all of ryzens history of RAM issues boils down to needing SoC voltage raised slightly, and that GDM doesnt automatically enable under 2667

Processor Celeron G5905, I3 10100, I5 10400F, I7 10700F
Motherboard Asrock H410, B460, B560, Gigabyte B560
Cooling Zalman CNPS80G
Memory each System 16 or 32GB: Kingston 2666 CL12, 2933 CL14
Video Card(s) Arc A380/A770, IGP
Storage SSD and some HDD
Display(s) Philips 24inch 1080p 165Hz IPS and 32 inch 1440p 165Hz VA
Case Antec, Corsair, Nanoxia
Audio Device(s) Different AVR, Speakers: Klipsch, Polk .....
Power Supply FSP, Deepcool
Mouse Logitech G
Keyboard Logitech G
Software Win 10, Bodhi Linux, Deepin
Day one kill Nvidia drivers with DDU,
Day one install Intel Driver center,
Day one play any Game u want.
:laugh:

On Linux nearly the same, oh wait Intel drivers are Open Source not Closed Source like Nvidia ones. ;)