• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Pixelated Grid like shadows and reflections

Lousy

I have an issue that i cant even properly describe.
Its like shadows and reflections beeing pixelated squares. As of now i have noticed it in Cyberpunk and The Last of Us. In Cyberpunk this started after the Update 2.0(1.6 doesnt show this behaviour, also it only happens when i set screen space reflections to ultra, anything higher or lower than that doesnt display this behaviour) and i have recently installed TLOU again and started noticing this weird behaviour of shadows immediately. I played the game before and dont recall ever having seen this. I am worried that this might be a fault with my GPU as the symptoms in both games seem to be kind of similar, and i couldnt find a single person having the same problem after hours and days of searching the internet for a solution. Which is odd because you cant really overlook this.

TLOU(It happens on any surface that is hit by sunlight and having some shadow beeing cast on it) https://streamable.com/3tp5fl

Cyberpunk(any reflective ground surface will have a weird pixelated distortion or line around 2 metres infront of V or a car when moving/driving around) https://streamable.com/1lqqal

My Specs:
Ryzen 7800x3d
XFX Merc310 7900 XTX (NO OC/UV)
Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000mhz CL 30
Asus ROG Strix b650a
Corsair RM1000x
1TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME
2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME

GPU Temps are around 55-60 and Hotspot between 70-75, Memory Junction hovers between 68-72 Celsius

What i have tried so far: Different Mainboard/CPU, Different drivers, Shader Compilation, Deleting AMD Shaders, New Windows install, Rolling back game versions(The Last of Us).

I just want to know what i am dealing with here. Is it a bug, is my GPU faulty, is it something completely different?

Please, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: