• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Presonus Eris 3.5 VS Logitech Z506

• Thread starter Deleted member 239770
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 239770

I have had the Presonus set for 4 years, I saw the Logitech set for sale for £25 and thought why not, as it is a 5.1 set.

So far the sound stage is better on the Logitech, I mean it has more speakers, that should be pretty obvious.

The main speakers are actually rather detailed, they have detailed enough mid-range but need the subwoofer to fill the mid-range out decently. They are tuned more towards the higher end of the spectrum, they are not tonally balanced but not at all hard to listen to.
The Presonus are detailed throughout but lack low end, they need the Presonus dedicated subwoofer if you want them for that purpose, otherwise they offer excellently balanced audio.

So now we come to the subwoofer, easily the worst part of the Logitech setup IMO.
Whilst it is boomy and bangs decently well, it struggles to balance the tones of the voices, you have to sacrifice low end if you want well-rounded vocals so it removes a lot of the low end attack you would find from music which is meant to be bassy. But on the other hand, I found them enjoyable.
The subwoofer can handle down to around 38hz which for it's size is not terrible. It is not recommended for accuracy however.
Logitech strive for a track like this...

But get destroyed by something like this vs the Presonus.
This track has way too much going on in the mid range for the Logitech.

The last 15% of the volume knob on the Logitech setup introduce a very audible hissing sound, the Presonus also do this but not as bad. You fail to gain more volume around 75% of the amps output on the Logitech setup and it all just comes out as more subwoofer volume, however no noticeable distortion. The Presonus keep going and never distort.

These setups are so different you would think I am mad, and I guess you are kind of right, but in all fairness, the cheap Logitech setup I expected to be worse.

When the Z506 were available, they were only £25 cheaper than the Presonus, showing how far we have improved.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
presonus would be more accurate and producers even use those as studio monitors so you can get a more accurate sound. I would go for those instead of the logitechs.

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
presonus would be more accurate and producers even use those as studio monitors so you can get a more accurate sound. I would go for those instead of the logitechs.
it comes down to personal preference to be frank just cause studios use theme dosent mean the avrage user should