• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek ALC1200 Suddenly half in volume

This is frustrating me; i have a onboard Realtek ALC1200 audio thing which used to work for years. Suddenly the volume seems to be "halved" and i cant turn it louder at this point, making watching video's near impossible.

sound-low.jpg

I am using or was using DFX Audio enhancement to simply boost a little values here and there, but not significant. I've ran through the most wizzards you can find such as volume level(s), driver reinstall, update, disable the DFX audio enhancer, even swap to HDMI audio through my screen with a headset with maxed out volume, nothing helps.

In my understanding, the output volume is correct (100%) but the input signal from any application seems to be way low. This causes the maximum volume to be quite bad at this point. All levels that i can turn up are turned, up.

Sound boosters don't help s in "boosting" the volume even more. The majority of such apps works only as a equalizer but not a actual booster in output volume.

So,

- Driver uninstall
- Driver update
- Resetting the whole audio settings
- Disable any enhancers
- Double checked Volume in Browsers or Apps

Anything else i can attempt?

Processor Intel i5 9400f
Motherboard MSI Z390 Gaming Plus
Cooling SilentiumPC Fera 3
Memory 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 16-18-18-36
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1660 Super Ventus XS OC
Storage 500 GB Kingston A2000; 1 TB Kingston A2000; 1 TB HGST Travelstar
Display(s) AOC 24G2U
Case SilentiumPC Signum SG1
Audio Device(s) Creative Pebble Plus; Logitech G533
Power Supply beQuiet Systempower 9 500W
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Origins (Red)
Software Windows 10 Pro
Have you checked your communications setting yet?
communications.png

edit: also the volume mixer is worth a look maybe

DDU has a feature to uninstall Realtek audio drivers, give it a go from Safe Mode and reinstall the latest drivers from your app, also in the mixer make sure your volume is maxed out for the browser you are using
.Screenshot 2024-03-01 172903.png