• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek HDA (Dolby Home Theater v4 + Sonic Focus) for Windows 10

LEGACY vs MODERN audio software. Which is better?

• Total voters
1707312929455.png

I missed Realtek ALC-8xx/26x HD X-Fi@Gamespirit so much on modern laptop:cry: So I decided to port the effects that I use to windows 10

Features:
1) Realtek EQ
2) Dolby
3) Sonic Focus

By using this driver, you should know that...
1) Internal mic 100% won't work!
2) Headphone mic will work?
3) Only speaker? and 3.5mm are supported!

As you can see I am using modern laptop but still able to make HDA stuff work. How?

sst.PNG

1) Refer to the picture above, change the Audio DSP Compliance Mode to UAA in bios. But, this is usually hidden in bios, so you have to use...
- UEFITool to find the variable offset
- RU.efi to write it

2) In windows, uninstall all Realtek, Dolby or whatever, Intel SST stuff in device manager, and reboot/repeat until high definition audio driver with hardware id "HDAUDIO" is used

Then...

How to install?
1) Download and unzip the folder to anyplace
2) Disable driver signature enforcement
3) Launch dpinst.exe in the folder / update sound driver in device manager (add hardware id in HDXLVE.inf if failed)
4) Install DTPC

rtkcpl.PNG

I suggest to use this option, same like Gamespirit

Tested on:
Lenovo Thinkbook 16 G4+ (speaker and 3.5mm are working)

Why no XXX effect that you want?
Because I use these only, and skill issue also

Why no Realtek, Dolby tabs in sound?
Skill issue, would be appreciated if someone can help

Is internal mic fixable?
Who knows? At least not for me

Credits to:
1) Gamespirit for Dolby and Sonic Focus stuff
2) Lenovo Legion Y720 for Realtek driver (don't ask me why y720)

To Lenovo:
Your modern laptops have crap sound effect, please get one IdeaPad S410p and compare!

Last edited:
System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/making-audio-enhancers-work-on-windows.244309/ please use this instead with dolby digital plus home theater its the updated version of dolby digital home theater v4 and uses less compression when enableing the eq i got 32bit audio working perfectly aswell i use a application called fxsound for anythang with object baced surround and it works wonders overwatch 2 is one of my favs to play in 5.1 besides resident evil and this application is alot easier and dosent need nvidia or reltalk drivers u can keep nvidia and reltalk installed and these well not effect theme aswell if u have dolby software preinstalled on your pc these mods wont touch the preinstalled dolby application so u can still use the sound enhancements your laptop came with then simply plug the hdmi into your home theater go into the advanced speaker tab enable dolby digital bitstreaming and thare u go what these drivers do is not actual dolby digital but the uncompressed pcm and ieee float it takes any surround sound song movie or game and uncompresses theme now if u use this with a av reciver your av well recompress the audio to dolby whatever u have true hd plus dosent matter if you use these with a soundbar like i am youll just get the uncompressed audio aswell useing this https://www.amazon.com/Cubilux-TOSL...rds=toslink+to+usb&qid=1697180620&sr=8-3&th=1 with these drivers is what gave me 32bit audio

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/making-audio-enhancers-work-on-windows.244309/ please use this instead with dolby digital plus home theater its the updated version of dolby digital home theater v4 and uses less compression when enableing the eq i got 32bit audio working perfectly aswell i use a application called fxsound for anythang with object baced surround and it works wonders overwatch 2 is one of my favs to play in 5.1 besides resident evil and this application is alot easier and dosent need nvidia or reltalk drivers u can keep nvidia and reltalk installed and these well not effect theme aswell if u have dolby software preinstalled on your pc these mods wont touch the preinstalled dolby application so u can still use the sound enhancements your laptop came with then simply plug the hdmi into your home theater go into the advanced speaker tab enable dolby digital bitstreaming and thare u go what these drivers do is not actual dolby digital but the uncompressed pcm and ieee float it takes any surround sound song movie or game and uncompresses theme now if u use this with a av reciver your av well recompress the audio to dolby whatever u have true hd plus dosent matter if you use these with a soundbar like i am youll just get the uncompressed audio aswell useing this https://www.amazon.com/Cubilux-TOSLINK-Converter-Compatible-Computer/dp/B0B2DBGKL3/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=toslink+to+usb&qid=1697180620&sr=8-3&th=1 with these drivers is what gave me 32bit audio
You're right. DHT isn't perfect on win 10, have to bypass optimizer to make the sound normal

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
You're right. DHT isn't perfect on win 10, have to bypass optimizer to make the sound normal
i wish i could use the optimizer the apo drivers i linked dont come with that but they sound perfect better than when i was useing just basic hdmi for atmos surround i have a 5.1 atmos system so it uses the upmixer for the hight channels however it sounded horrible useing these its been amazing

another user on this form also sent me these i guess windows fucks with pcm audio mixing in a weird way and these fix it idk how but they enabled system wide 32bit audio so my system hasnt sounded better dolby digital mixes now kinda suck but they are super old so it makes sense the apo drivers i linked translate anythang to pcm or ieee float 32bit with these fixes idk if dolby digital plus home theater can do 32bit on its own i use fxsound for anythang with object baced surround cause these apo drivers by theseselfs dont support object baced but when i enable fxsound anythang works perfectly even the 5.1 test in my system settings its pretty narly ngl but has made my system sound the best it ever has im never useing hdmi again for my home theater setup (if anyone could correct me if im wrong that would be great i honestly dk how i have 32bit audio my system supports it but my usb to toslink says it can only do 24bit on the website again it sounds amazing so idk )

Attachments

• fixes.zip
    142.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
i ended up comeing back to dht due to haveing older drivers i couldnt actually use the optimizer its the only option in the entire application that wouldnt work everythang elts i got to work better than dolby digital plus home theater iv learned that the two applications arnt that different the only difference is options your givein with dht you dont get to change with ddp so if your defult settings for ddp or off or sound wrong rehook dht to the device it sounded ok in most situations but im loveing volume leveler with a volume maximizer gain of 5.9 aswell in system under custom uncheck audio optimizer audio regulator and the 2 virtual surround settings for headphones and speakers turn off everythang in the right hand side of this menu then start useing the eq youll find a sound that sounds alot more pure also iv found useing dialogue enhancer with volume levler works great for movies not so much for music good luck :)

Attachments

• dolby digital home theater v4 .jpg
    dolby digital home theater v4 .jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 90
  • dolby digital sku .jpg
    dolby digital sku .jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 94
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
Modern is better has more rigid stuff check this link for comparison
i found out its actually due to the drivers being hooked to my spdif device and not my internal laptop speakers lel the entire application is working correctly and with the modified drivers i mentioned above worked well it dose show a odd error but i did not install this driver fully onto my pc only hooked theme to my device so windows sees it as a optical connection the drivers sees it as a av reciver the drivers im useing are still microsofts generic usb audio drivers for this usb to optical device however i am useing the latest tech for my system i was just confused lel what did this link send me to tho? very confused