• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Northerion

Ty @Ferather I have another problem about sound blaster xfi mb5 panel. when i change profile sound is changing but graphic eq etc does not change in itself. Any fix for this? Ty for answer @AAF Optimus

czesio666

Finally, I think I figured it out.

Today I was installing some other device and I look at Driverstore manager. And this f**** w10 installed default audio driver. In realtek console everything seemed to be ok, dts setting visible so I thought AAF drivers had been used. But today when I check driver version it was 8881.

At this moment I have permanently disabled driver auto update.
So in conclusion, AAF drivers have dts settings, there is no speaker fill option but it is working in default.

edit: to use Realtek audio console I had to install realtek service from other drivers pack (e.g. official), it is not included in AAF?

edit2: Today i power on the computer. No sound even the device seems to be ok in device manager. Realtek console shows no dts and cannot change speaker configuration. Stucked at 5.1. I had to remove device and rescan for changes. Started working again. It is irritating.

Last edited:
Sounds like a mod or configuration is preventing normal use. It might also be the way AAF is registering the Realtek files, I am not sure.
I don't think you need a SSTPPCfg key for upmixing, but I could be wrong, normally its the Realtek API + CFG files.

Some features are in SSTPPCfg form, where the Realtek files can be the same, but the drivers .inf has different SSTPPCfg keys.

Last edited:

mccg35

hello.
after clean setup, driver do not works for me.

ideapad Gaming 3-15ACH6 Laptop - Type 82K2​

any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-29 193204.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-29 193204.png
    817.9 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2

Mazonic

Hello, i installed driver and when i go for example in game i have delay like 0.5-1 sec sound. Also like echo. But when i go to sound control panel -> then select speaker then properties then Advanced i have 3 cards Default format, exclusive mode and Signal Enchancements. When i go to Signal Enchancement there is "Enable audio enchancements" enabled, when i disable that i dont have delay but i my audio is not loud enough with disabled that. So is it possible to fix it? If i go enable audio enchancements how can i fix delay? Thanks!

System Name ASUS ROG Strix G15CE 2021 Gaming Desktop
Processor Intel Core i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz
Motherboard Mobo ASUSTeK G15CE (LGA1200)
Cooling iCUE H150i ELITE CPU Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Storage Samsung 970 EVO SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 Gaming Monitor 32"
Case ASUS ROG Strix
Audio Device(s) VIRTUOSO RGB WIRELESS XT T-PAIN Edition
Mouse Corsair DARK CORE RGB PRO
Keyboard Corsair K63 Wireless
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 bit
Hi @everyone, what happen this whats working fine few days ago, anyone with this problem??
Desktop Screenshot 2023.11.09 - 23.34.25.84.png

System Name ASUS ROG Strix G15CE 2021 Gaming Desktop
Processor Intel Core i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz
Motherboard Mobo ASUSTeK G15CE (LGA1200)
Cooling iCUE H150i ELITE CPU Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Storage Samsung 970 EVO SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 Gaming Monitor 32"
Case ASUS ROG Strix
Audio Device(s) VIRTUOSO RGB WIRELESS XT T-PAIN Edition
Mouse Corsair DARK CORE RGB PRO
Keyboard Corsair K63 Wireless
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 bit
I fix my naihimic problem with this drivers (installing this driver first will be you best shoot)
If you have any questions let me know

Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
@AAF Optimus, make sure you pick APO 12 (Win 10/11) and not APO 13 (Win 11), if you look at the inf files, they target different OS's.
You should also probably check what Windows your other APO's support. 6.0.9601.1 has different registry data, inc SPDIF.

Last edited:

mayconhvab

Hello Alan Finotty, I'm Brazilian and I created my account specifically to participate in your channel here on the forum. There's a new version of the Realtek audio driver, version 6.0.9601.1. You can also check weekly, as there's usually an update for the new driver. You just need to get a new version of the audio driver, and possibly make some adjustments, like adding the latest APO, latest codecs, and some information contained in the audio playback folder by default to the audio driver information. If possible, I would like you to check if there's a newer version of the Dolby Atmos audio components and Dolby Atmos for other apps. The Dolby Atmos software in your repository is from 2021, and I believe that the 2023 version should have been released, with new features and improved audio resolution response and API within the Dolby Atmos software file (the app available on the Microsoft Store).

Here is the website where you can check the drivers weekly. I'm not sure if it's suitable for your driver pack, but from what I understand and after extensive searching on the internet, this link provides the latest version for Realtek audio drivers. Thank you. Here is the link: https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/downl...xx-amp-intel-2xx-3xx-4xx/td-p/819057/page/286

1700324107967.png

Speaking about updates and new audio codecs, here is a GUI displaying DTS Studio Sound, unfortunately not added to your audio drivers. I had an HP notebook, the HP d030br, which came with this audio interface as standard. Surprisingly, it provided the most original and pure audio I experienced on my notebook. I bought this notebook back in 2014 from an online store here in Brazil. I used alanfox2000's audio drivers and updated them weekly until I realized that FF00 was the standard. Thank you very much, dear Alan Finotty. I truly appreciate your audio driver; it has been immensely helpful to me, delivering the purest quality I've experienced. Unfortunately, I couldn't install it on my HP d030br notebook because the Intel Graphics 4000 card is heavily worn. Whenever it auto-updates with the Windows Update Manager (while installing the Microsoft proprietary graphics card), the notebook shuts down after a few seconds, freezing the screen and emitting a terrible noise when playing any video or music. But that's the situation. Thank you, Alan Finotty. This is my message for you. A warm hug, dear friend, as since I discovered your driver on GitHub, I hold you in high regard. Best wishes, and until next time.

The age of the APO does not matter, its the compatability and audio quality that matter. You can get updates from any provider such as Dolby or DTS and the audio quality be worse then the previous.
I am not surprised you find DTS better than others. Its been like that for years, even people say it now with the current APO's. Not to dig at Dolby.

HP d030br is a Windows 8.1 machine, there has been enough changes in Windows things might not work, alanfox2000's is NOT one of those people who make it work.
AAF will probably make it work for you, but that takes time, file patching and then lots of testing. It may not sound the same as it did before.

The Windows APO's are still registered copyright 2003, that's 20 years old. DTS own SRS (Sound Retrieval System).

Attachments

• 2003.png
    2003.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 73

mayconhvab

The age of the APO does not matter, its the compatability and audio quality that matter. You can get updates from any provider such as Dolby or DTS and the audio quality be worse then the previous.
I am not surprised you find DTS better than others. Its been like that for years, even people say it now with the current APO's. Not to dig at Dolby.

HP d030br is a Windows 8.1 machine, there has been enough changes in Windows things might not work, alanfox2000's is NOT one of those people who make it work.
AAF will probably make it work for you, but that takes time, file patching and then lots of testing. It may not sound the same as it did before.

The Windows APO's are still registered copyright 2003, that's 20 years old. DTS own SRS (Sound Retrieval System).
"My HP d030br notebook, supporting Windows 10 x64 that I installed as the default, didn't require activation because its license was embedded with the Windows 8.1 that originally came with it. But what I'd like to point out is that when it comes to creating audio drivers, APO, audio players, whether it's a simple stereo or possibly a Hi-Res, my HP d030br notebook came with DTS audio as standard, without any modification, even on my new PC, which isn't that great. I couldn't check the motherboard chipset, but I don't know what the audio component of the PC is. DTS was the purest audio I've ever heard, whether through headphones or normal speakers. Because on my computer, Dolby Atmos sounds a bit better than DTS:X Ultra, but unfortunately, I didn't get that from the image above on my new PC.

Now, I believe that if my PC had 100% compatibility with Dolby Atmos, whether it's a simple PC or a better quality notebook, as a Motorola smartphone with Dolby Atmos and an EDGE 40, undoubtedly the EDGE 40 will demonstrate an immense audio quality with Dolby Atmos. Talking about Dolby Atmos on my PC, I considered it better because it supports above 7.1 surround sound. I spoke with Dolby on Facebook, asking for and giving some suggestions for more clarity and detail, like purity. I know and believe that the Dolby Atmos audio driver can improve even more, but as I said to you, this depends on the PC and notebook. There's no use having the HP d030br and having my more recent PC from 2020 without the DTS quality that is present in the d030br; this really depends on the motherboard and sound card (audio card) and support for 384Hz, even in cards that don't support it. I believe this already exists, but I'm still not up-to-date because 192+192=384.

At the moment, all I have to do is thank Alan Finotty immensely for his great wisdom and help in easily and freely obtaining these audio drivers. Some updates can be made, especially in the area of details, surround sound (possibly beyond 7.1 channels, or surround sound), and also in the newly updated GUI software. A hug to everyone, and see you soon. It's always good to clarify doubts and gain knowledge from you all. I have KZ in-ear headphones, and they show me excellent quality, from when I had my HP d030br notebook to my new PC that I acquired in December 2022. Hugs, dear ones!"

384 Hz is a white elephant spec, 48k already represents slightly higher than humans can hear (20 Hz - 20 kHz). Sample rate /2 = audio frequency range, so 48 / 2 = 24 kHz.
The other thing that makes it a white elephant, amps and speakers don't go much further (and normally exactly) 20 kHz, cant hear it, cant be played.

DTS also has support for over 7.1 PCM channels, it has direct support for 11.1 in the APO, still you can get more than 7.1 with Windows, so its unusable even on HDMI.
Only HDMI and current version SPDIF can do more than 7.1 in a single stream, if it where analogue you need more than 4 x 3.5mm ports.

Windows 10 used and converted your key to Win10, if you try to install Win8.1 it wont activate. I am just pointing out a possible compatibility issue.

Also you cant really compare APO's from alanfox2000, afaik his DTS:X Ultra doesn't work in full or at all from what I am told.

Last edited:

FelipePR10

384 Hz is a white elephant spec, 48k already represents slightly higher than humans can hear (20 Hz - 20 kHz). Sample rate /2 = audio frequency range, so 48 / 2 = 24 kHz.
The other thing that makes it a white elephant, amps and speakers don't go much further (and normally exactly) 20 kHz, cant hear it, cant be played.

DTS also has support for over 7.1 PCM channels, it has direct support for 11.1 in the APO, still you can get more than 7.1 with Windows, so its unusable even on HDMI.
Only HDMI and current version SPDIF can do more than 7.1 in a single stream, if it where analogue you need more than 4 x 3.5mm ports.

Windows 10 used and converted your key to Win10, if you try to install Win8.1 it wont activate. I am just pointing out a possible compatibility issue.

Also you cant really compare APO's from alanfox2000, afaik his DTS:X Ultra doesn't work in full or at all from what I am told.
Hello Ferather!!
All good ??
I have analog 5.1 surround sound, what is the best configuration do you recommend to get better quality? With AAF DCH Optimus Sound drivers.

You will need to make that decision for your self as devices vary in terms of analogue (DAC and amp). Since it's multichannel (5.1, 6ch) we can narrow it down, most APO's are for stereo (2ch).
I know DTS:X Ultra has multichannel mode, I would also guess Dolby. I am not sure Nahimic or Sonic Studio have multichannel mode-options, I don't think so.

DTS:X Ultra and I think also Dolby, normally have a device preset, while the preset might be great on that device, it might not on another.
In this case, the APO is in a base form with some defaults, but otherwise controlled by the data in the preset.

AAF is (or was) using the DTS files I provided him, if he is using it exactly as given, then the preset is built to be generic, more towards a standard 'True Sound', not so much device based.

If there are other multichannel APO's, such as Creative you could also try that, I cant say because I use a different driver, not AAF.

====

Another thing to point out with Realtek, in terms of digital out they only really have SPDIF, and in some cases SPDIF is not present.
Modern onboard HDMI and DisplayPort motherboard ports use the CPU (APU), not the Realtek ALC audio device.

And yes it's 100% possible for Realtek to update their standards to the current updated SPDIF, and add 15+ channels.
Even when they update to programmable SPDIF (speaker config), Windows needs to do more than 7.1.

Here is an edited image of the ALC audio codec, note the limited parts needed for SPDIF.

Attachments

• Full Rate.png
    Full Rate.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 68
  • SPDIF_IEC_60958-3.png
    SPDIF_IEC_60958-3.png
    624 KB · Views: 66
  • P-HDA.png
    P-HDA.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Last thing to say about multichannel digital out. HDMI vs SPDIF, well people say digital is digital it won't be different, well that's not quite true unfortunately.

HDMI uses a data island period to send audio along with video, where even the video timings can 'get in the way'.
SPDIF is far more direct, the transmission is not broken up, shared by video-other.

Here is a merger of the two, where I remove the obsolete copper method, and switch to lossless direct digital. Its bi-directional, either end, either direction.
Given the range of optical, the bandwidth fall-off that you currently see with HDMI-DP will be an almost non-existent issue.

The video lane could start at 100 Gbps (NRZ-PAM2), and later move to 200Gbps (other encoding, example PAM4).
The audio and data lane can-will also have their own bandwidth, 125Mbps audio 10Gbps data (NRZ).

Currently both HDMI-DP and SPDIF are limited in bandwidth based on HDA (HD Audio, 2004), single stream, which is ~37 mbps.
Also note that optical fiber is an insulator, it does not conduct electricity, therefore EMI-RFI are non-issues.

Note that a device can be audio only, network-internet only, video only, or combination, with return.

Optical - True Connect.png

====

Also not only does Windows not allow you to configure more than 7.1, for PCM (compressed formats don't count), its also legacy with SPDIF formats.

Attachments

• SPDIF - Formats Updated.png
    SPDIF - Formats Updated.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 70
  • TOSLink Cable.png
    TOSLink Cable.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

MrAggo

So, I downloaded the latest drivers on my and my friend's laptop (and deleted the old ones as instructed). And I don't think anything is working as intended.
1700568086703.png

1700568191825.png

Dolby Atoms for Gaming, DTS:X Ultra does not detect the speakers or the headphones even if plugged into the audio jack.
1700568272573.png

And I am unsure if DTS Sound Unbound should be paid. How am I supposed to use this?
1700568439984.png

Sonic Studio does not give any error, but it does not affect the audio in any way. It's the same, so I am guessing it doesn't work. (I tried even ticking everything and putting at max. There is zero difference.) It's the same for my friend as well. I had Dolby Audio, which is gone now, and I think my default volume has also decreased. Any idea how to fix these problems? Thank you

Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
1700324107967.png

Speaking about updates and new audio codecs, here is a GUI displaying DTS Studio Sound, unfortunately not added to your audio drivers. I had an HP notebook, the HP d030br, which came with this audio interface as standard. Surprisingly, it provided the most original and pure audio I experienced on my notebook. I bought this notebook back in 2014 from an online store here in Brazil. I used alanfox2000's audio drivers and updated them weekly until I realized that FF00 was the standard. Thank you very much, dear Alan Finotty. I truly appreciate your audio driver; it has been immensely helpful to me, delivering the purest quality I've experienced. Unfortunately, I couldn't install it on my HP d030br notebook because the Intel Graphics 4000 card is heavily worn. Whenever it auto-updates with the Windows Update Manager (while installing the Microsoft proprietary graphics card), the notebook shuts down after a few seconds, freezing the screen and emitting a terrible noise when playing any video or music. But that's the situation. Thank you, Alan Finotty. This is my message for you. A warm hug, dear friend, as since I discovered your driver on GitHub, I hold you in high regard. Best wishes, and until next time.

@mayconhvab

I have a similar DTS Sound control panel (which is really a "DTS" version of the old Realtek HD Audio Manager app from the old HDA FF00/FF04 nonUAD/nonDCH drivers; the RtkNGUI64.exe file runs in the background)

realtek-hda-v6095561-audiomanager-dtssoundui.png

this is on an old HP 505B MT (microtower) desktop PC (not on an hp laptop), using an hp-only (non-generic) 6.0.9556.1 HDA FF04 {nonUAD} driver

eh forget about that one. Mokichu recently updated the asus driver packs to version 6.0.9601.1 (wonder if AAF is trying to keep up?)

Mokichu recently updated his asus driver packs to version 6.0.9605.1 a few days ago
Realtek HSA v11.0.6000.313 driver from the 9601 & 9605 versions updates Realtek Audio Console uwp app to version 1.48.313.0

also new A-volute/Nahimic, Dolby & DTS APO drivers available from Microsoft Update Catalog
A-volute Nahimic APO4 4.10.3.0 driver from MS
Dolby APO 3.30509.592.0 driver from MS
DTS APO4x Core 1.12.6.0 driver from MS
DTS APO4x Service 1.12.6.0 SWC driver from MS (the 177kb cab download version)

Last edited:

atomizasser

Hello. I have difficulty understanding the difference between the Realtek DCH drivers in this thread and the Windows DCH drivers in the other thread.
I have Z490 Motherboard with Realtek ALC1200 chipset. I use the device mainly to play games with a Sony headphone (WH-XB900N) connected to the front of the device, but I would like to squeeze out the best sound.
I first installed the Realtek DCH drivers from this forum, but I realized that if I connect the headphones to the headphone jack it does not automatically change the source. I tried the DCH Windows drivers and it does change automatically.
I currently have DCH Windows drivers with DTS-X enabled.
Is the best option? Thanks for your help.

Hi All, quick question, I still have never figured out whether I need to keep this for AAF to work or where to remove it for AAF to work. And by work I mean as intended :)

AMD Streaming Audio Device (AMDSAFD oem49.inf)
ROOT\AMDSAFD&FUN_01&REV_01\0000
{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}