• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samsung Galaxy Flip5 or Motorola Razr 40 Ultra or ???

What phone would you suggest to buy and more important why

• Samsung Galaxy Flip5

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Motorola Razr 40 Ultra

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master V1 (X470)
Cooling individual EKWB/Heatkiller loop
Memory 4*8 GB 3600 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 5700XT
Storage SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0x4, 2 TB PCIe 3.0
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Audio Device(s) Hifiman, Topping DAC/KHV
Power Supply Seasonic 850W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX2, Logitech MX Ergo Trackball
Keyboard Cherry Stream Wireless, Logitech MX Keys
Software Linux Mint "Vera" Cinnamon
Hi out there,

I need to get a new phone next month. My old Smartphone (Nokia 6) got broken and don't switch on again. Right now i use a Nokia 2700 Flip. I'm not that interested in phones anyway. Since centuries i tried to use the smallest one. I use to work with big machines (i.e. IBM S370, Unix Servers,...) and for me phones are more a plaything. They aren't even good for image reasons.

I use a smartphone very limited. Most time it lays around. I didn't use to take it with me for the last years. Also the Internet usage is very limited. I use my Home-Lan and thats it. I have a possibility to use Internet on the go. But i almost never did. The last time i did use mobile internet was as a mobile hotspot when changing my DSL Line.

As Apps there has to run the App for my watch. My festina has a step counter integrated. And i need that step counter to to check my advances in waklking as i use to sit in a wheel chair. The other app i use is whatsapp to keepin contact with friends. They use WhatrsApp to tell me if they are late or just send some kind words, pictures or videos. Why should i use something else as i have a workstation with 2 32" monitors at home i use daily? At least i use a epub reader at the docs when waiting. So i can read a book and don't waste my time with waiting. For listening to music (i use mostly FLAC) i use a separate Sony DAP with sennheiser headphones. To make pictures i use to take my Lumix camera.

I made some researches to find the two phones Samsung galaxy Flip5 and Motorola Razr 40 Ultra. Both have similar technical data. Even the Memory is same on both. 256GB. I'm living in germany in an area where 5G is not available. Both will cost a bit below 800€. At all they are small. I don't like that big bars where one has the opinion to carry a notebook around. The color should be a simple black or dark anthracite. But the major factor for me to choose is the size. I would keep at my Nokia 2700 Flip if I would be able to run the Festina Android watch software and also the well known android WhatsApp client.

What phone would you suggest and more important why. Are there other alternatives around that have a similar small form factor by folding them? Thanks for your words/help in advance.

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
I would advise against buying a foldable if it can be helped. Their display is very fragile. This is my experience from owning the Galaxy Z Flip 3. However between these two the Samsung is undoubtedly the best one.

Modern phones have a step counter/pedometer embedded without requiring a smartwatch, and are you closed to buying an iPhone? It sounds like if you value compact, but want full functionality, the iPhone 13 mini might just be what you're after.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock through Kryosheet
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 40
Don't do foldables, they don't last, none of them and never will. Get a plain last years S23 if you care for the size and call it a day.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Whatever you choose, NO-flip...
Small? Get an S23 as also ferrum mentioned.

I have an S23 myself as well, it's a great little phone and also comes wit a Snapdragon 8th gen 2 for Europe.

Last edited:
System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Modern phones have a step counter/pedometer embedded without requiring a smartwatch,...
And thise ones don't work correctly. I had tested smartwatches which did want to tell me that i was flying to the restroom and back. They didn't count even one step. The problem with step counters in general is the way they count in combination how i walk because of sitting in a wheel chair. The step counter in phones were connected to a GPS position. Then it was recalculated into steps. Mostly this is also the way when driving in a wheel chair. They aren't made for a "handicapped" person. Thats not near the accuracy my watch delivers. I can count the steps to walk to the restroom and back. when I take a look at the app the same amount is added. Additionally i don't use to wear my phones with me all the time. As far as I remember this has been two or three times for the whole last year. Google don't need to know where i am and how/how fast i got there.

...and are you closed to buying an iPhone? It sounds like if you value compact, but want full functionality, the iPhone 13 mini might just be what you're after.
I already owned and still own apple devices (two iPhone, one iPad, one Macbook, one Macbook Air). They weren't that great at all. I don't wannt to be ruled by a manufactorer and i don't want to have my devices calling back to the factory. Privacy is in my focus. That's a major reason to switch to Linux and avoiding chinese products. Most of my devices are not connected to the lan/wlan. If they are connected then the Internet access is forbidden.

I a foldable/flipable or not. The most time that mobile lays next to my workstations. I don't have a big use for them. They still lay around. If the mechanism takes 1.000 or 200.000 folds doesn't matter that much. Mostly the headhunters call me to offer me a new project/job. Those calls i don't even pick up. I use the smartphone for calls by friends. There the Phone shows if they are at home or on the way. Additionally (as mentioned) for using Whatsapp. I use them if i have to get to a doctor i can read books with an epub reader or listenm to music when waiting. That's all. Both mentioned phones atre not6 that great for listening to music Therefor they would need a 3,5mm headphone jack which they both haven't. If a second box is needed i can take my Sony NW-A100 DAP which has a much higher sound quality a phone can deliver at it's best.

Small? Get an S23 as also ferrum mentioned.
Small? Little? My Nokia 6 (built 2017, Android 9) had a screensize of 5,5" and it felt much to big in my eyes. The S23 hat a screen size of at least 6,1".

Last edited:
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Hmm. Galaxy S10e. Older device but it's small/compact, has the 3.5mm jack, and should be able to do WhatsApp and the rest just fine, Upside, cheap, downside, obsolete/abandoned by Scamsung. Oh well :D

System Name HELLSTAR
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Software FEDORA 40
And thise ones don't work correctly.

None should be working. None are certified medical devices, and it is written in the specs. Those are suggested values, take it or leave it, don't complain. Take some sports aimed Garmin devices for that. Afaik Step counter does not work from GPS, it would kill your battery, it uses gyro, if it is noisy, or the pattern is unusual, it won't work. Same as people complain about counting floors... that feature works on air pressure/barometer, they take constant for a ceiling height, if you have unusual ceiling heights it will count wrong as you go higher up the floors and the pressure decreases, there is nothing you can do about it.

It seems you are hit by adds. It ain't about how many folds it survives. It matters how you do it, how you treat the hinge and how dirty you are as there are openings where everything you have around you gets into it. Let's be clear, I change daily about few of those screens, there are some people whom they don't last few months. Other than that, due to limited space, taken by the hinge, it has smaller battery and performs worse. It is a toy, well marketed toy.

S23 is your best pick in EU as it has Snapdragon. Use this exception and also it is last year model thus will be cheaper. The only other phone of that size caliber are Sony Xperia 5 mkV or mkIV. Those are the other only option if you need headphone jack, but those are totally different in design and usage philosophy.

System Name G-Station 1.17 FINAL
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
Cooling DeepCool AK620 Digital
Memory Asgard Bragi DDR4-3600CL14 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX
Storage 240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB Asgard AN2, 2TB Hiksemi FUTURE-LITE, 320GB+1TB 7200RPM HDD
Display(s) Samsung 34" Odyssey OLED G8
Case Thermaltake Level 20 MT
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 TR + MixAmp
Power Supply Cougar GEX X2 1000W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite (Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro
Small? Little? My Nokia 6 (built 2017, Android 9) had a screensize of 5,5" and it felt much to big in my eyes. The S23 hat a screen size of at least 6,1".
Don't be fooled by the screen size only. The S23 is smaller than the Nokia 6:
Screenshot_20240313_182742_Samsung Internet.jpg

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
None should be working. None are certified medical devices, and it is written in the specs. Those are suggested values, take it or leave it, don't complain. Take some sports aimed Garmin devices for that. Afaik Step counter does not work from GPS, it would kill your battery, it uses gyro, if it is noisy, or the pattern is unusual, it won't work. Same as people complain about counting floors... that feature works on air pressure/barometer, they take constant for a ceiling height, if you have unusual ceiling heights it will count wrong as you go higher up the floors and the pressure decreases, there is nothing you can do about it.
I'm sorry but there are several medical counters on the market. I.e. some from Beurer, Kenz and Omron with one and also three axis measures.

It seems you are hit by adds. It ain't about how many folds it survives. It matters how you do it, how you treat the hinge and how dirty you are as there are openings where everything you have around you gets into it. Let's be clear, I change daily about few of those screens, there are some people whom they don't last few months. Other than that, due to limited space, taken by the hinge, it has smaller battery and performs worse. It is a toy, well marketed toy.
I don't care about ads. some revierws say that foldables are made for young people. I'm an elder one. Some reviews say that the outer display is more usable at the Razr compared to the Flip because Samsung limits the usage a lot more. They say that one cannot phone 12hrs in a row. Well if I telephone 5 mins per day it is much. If one wants to call me he should call when i'm next to my fixed line phone or send a mail.

For me every phone is a toy. I don't even phone in a car while driving. When it rings i stop at the next parking area and call back. I like face 2 face communication. personally not separated by an electronically device. I.e. for my business: There is so much more about the body language that tells someone that theopposite guy is lying one doesn't recognize when videochatting. I'm not from the police. I'm a project manager in IT. For me my two 32" monitors do not have enough space to work on them as i want to. I have a couple of computers in use. I don't need that phone often. As i said. Typically the Step counter app and whatsapp is running. That's it. I tried to remembver which apps i use on the phone. I remembered two and after a long time of thinking about i got two more installed ones. I even don't use the reader to read out my glucose sensor via NFC. Abbott tried to get me over to their app. I still use their reader.

S23 is your best pick in EU as it has Snapdragon. Use this exception and also it is last year model thus will be cheaper. The only other phone of that size caliber are Sony Xperia 5 mkV or mkIV. Those are the other only option if you need headphone jack, but those are totally different in design and usage philosophy.
To be honest. One big reason to have the phone laying home all the time was the size. Even the Nokia 2700 Flip featurephone is too large in my eyes. ;) Btw. As i have seen both marques utilitize a snapdragon processor. Samsung the 8 Gen2 and Motorola the 8Gen1. The third otion would be a chinese Oppo one. That has a mediatek built in. But to be honest. I don't think that i would see any difference between those processors anyway. And if a thing takes one second longer? Hey it is a plaything. To show the daily steps is definitly faster than opening excel and switching to the sppropriate tablespace for entering the value. My old Nokia 6 was able to show the videos/pictures the guys are sending me.

It seems that i focus on quite different (for me) practicle things. If i'm on the way in my wheelchair pockets are real rare. All trouser pockets are forbidden. so the only space for a phoone is the jacket. All things i need (wallet, Cigarillos, lighter, keys, ...) i have to put into my jacket. And there I want to have a small one that the phone has space in my pockets and i can close them by a zipper. That wasn't possible with my Nokia. I thought also about a iPhone Mini. But there i would have to pay nearby the same with a much biggetr device than the foldables. I don't want to have/own a Nokia Communicater 9000 again.

I find it much more annoying that the modern devices do not have the possibility to transfer data by a SD-Card. I have to install the whole bloatware loaded shitty software when in Windows. So i have to forbid the transfer app on windows to access the internet either.

To be honest. One big reason to have the phone laying home all the time was the size. Even the Nokia 2700 Flip featurephone is too large in my eyes

Sounds like you'd be the world's biggest fan of the original iPhone SE back when it was at its prime. It was basically a fully featured iPhone 6s but in the iPhone 5s's form factor. :D

System Name HELLSTAR
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Software FEDORA 40
I'm sorry but there are several medical counters on the market. I.e. some from Beurer, Kenz and Omron with one and also three axis measures.

You complained about smartwatches. Thus my remark, those are not medical devices in general. There are specific tailored medical devices sure, those who are certified to be so.

Okay... we did what we could, you are already decided. We gave you a professional insight for free and warned you. You are imagining problems there ain't in the first place. Flips are a bad investment of money. It will break fast, I, we guarantee it.

Contrary I've given to my father larger and larger devices each year due to eyesight, thus he can put on larger fonts and see who calls him without reading glasses despite his claims about his hands being too short. Last time I gave him S22 Ultra after he broke his Note 10+, zero complaints, he adapts to anything I give him actually. Ability to adapt is a marvelous thing.

SD Cards are useless for modern devices as those are too slow, those also doesn't work with modern camera needs and end up being only a battery eater, thus most manufacturers omit it, some don't still. MTP is abomination also, rendering USB data transfers a pain due to DRM layer. Present yourself an external SSD like Samsung T9 for professional needs. You can even put an external OS on it and it work blazing fast like native.

You know the saying about Jack of all trades, master of none? It seems you are trying to have one, despite none will ever be good at it.

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Sounds like you'd be the world's biggest fan of the original iPhone SE back when it was at its prime. It was basically a fully featured iPhone 6s but in the iPhone 5s's form factor. :D
"Smaller is better" I was a fan of the Nokia 6300. BTW i think i owned something like that iPhone 5 or 6. I owned one straight after the my HTC M7/8 I remember a samsung phone recommended by a friend. It was the time before Android. That one also was real small. 3" or 4" Display. That size also was fune. I selected a foldable as the next unit because they are only a bit bigger than half of the display. On my own i don't need all the funtions provided. But I have to go with. I know that i have quite unusual requirements for this time. The need for a small phone where one can telephone and just rarely use whatsapp seems to be unusual nowadays. ;) I also don't have an account at a social media platform like Facebook. I have a busines profile at LinkedIn/Xing. But thats it. For me my privacy is holy. That is also an important reason to switch over to linux instead of Windows. I know. I'm really old fashioned. Nobody has to know where I am or what i'm doing. If i want to have somebody knowing that i will tell it to him.

You complained about smartwatches. Thus my remark, those are not medical devices in general. There are specific tailored medical devices sure, those who are certified to be so.

Okay... we did what we could, you are already decided. We gave you a professional insight for free and warned you. You are imagining problems there ain't in the first place. Flips are a bad investment of money. It will break fast, I, we guarantee it.

Contrary I've given to my father larger and larger devices each year due to eyesight, thus he can put on larger fonts and see who calls him without reading glasses despite his claims about his hands being too short. Last time I gave him S22 Ultra after he broke his Note 10+, zero complaints, he adapts to anything I give him actually. Ability to adapt is a marvelous thing.

SD Cards are useless for modern devices as those are too slow, those also doesn't work with modern camera needs and end up being only a battery eater, thus most manufacturers omit it, some don't still. MTP is abomination also, rendering USB data transfers a pain due to DRM layer. Present yourself an external SSD like Samsung T9 for professional needs. You can even put an external OS on it and it work blazing fast like native.

You know the saying about Jack of all trades, master of none? It seems you are trying to have one, despite none will ever be good at it.
I don't complain about smart watches. In general they don't deliver what i need. A correct count. Whatfor i should use a step counter if it counts not the real taken steps? that's a worthless value. That's it. My "smart watch" is a hybrid one. It's a normal watch with an integrated step counter that works well for me. One battery lasts in between 6-24 Month depending on the brand.

Also there might be a hell of other phones better than a foldable. But my usecase tells me that i have to have a foldable. I'm thinking to get a new phone already a longer time. I analyzed my needs and how I use my phone. Your arguments might be logical and well based. But my use case is a different and more unusual one. The attributes i need aren't suite by standard block devices. And so the problem is that your recommendations doesn't suit my use case. I don't pay for a device that suits 50% of my use case. I want to have 100% when paying around 850€.

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
You sound a bit like me - no interest in phones other than basic smartphone functionality, smaller is better, etc.

In this case, I think you'd be happy with a Blackview N6000. 4.3 inch screen, drop and water resistance up to 60 and 15 metres respectively, other than that, it's a normal, cheap smartphone. I'd post a link, but it's better to search on your local Amazon site (if there is one in your area).

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
I got a great idea whilst waiting for my date at the SadoMaso studio (therapeutic). Why not taking a tablet in meantime. So i can shift the buy of a mobile towards after the other plans i have (buying 3D printer, bulding up Endor 2.0) are done this year. I calculated it and it shows that i will loose by that 1 month.

A LENOVO Tab P12 inkl. Lenovo Tab Pen Plus, Tablet, 128 GB, 12,7 Zoll, Storm Grey costs me 369€. Additionally a cover with a integrated keyboard. Unfortunately my iPad is too old for the FestinaApp. The App needs iOS 13 at least. Big screen, a keyboard and the needed Apps are running? Check. Getting the 3D Printer with a dely of one Month and not two? Check. If getting to the Doc and sitting there i need to take the tablet for bookreading with me. Thats fine.

I actually have a phone that is working. If i buy a new one end of the year i can analyze my needs better to decide if i want to have a flipable one or not. Thanks for your help and being patient with me.

System Name DaBeast! DaBeast2!
Processor AMD AM4 Ryzen 9 5900X 12C24T/AMD AM4 RYZEN 9 3900X 12C/24T
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme/Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 360/Thermalright PA 120 SE
Memory 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16/2x 16GB Patriot Elite II DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX 24GB/Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT 16GB
Storage 500GB Crucial P3 Plus NVMe PCIe 4x4 + 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe PCIe 4x4 + TG Cardea Zero Z NVMe PCIe 4x4
Display(s) Samsung LC49HG90DMEX 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2/Acer XR341CK 75Hz 21:9 Freesync
Case CoolerMaster H500M/SOLDAM XR-1
Audio Device(s) iFi Micro iDSD BL + Philips Fidelio B97/FostexHP-A4 + LG SP8YA
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Platinum/Enermax MAXREVO 1500
Mouse Logitech G703/Logitech G603 WL
Keyboard Logitech G613/Keychron K2
Software Win11 Pro/Win11 Pro
i have a Flip5, so far so good, no issue....I think the Fold series foldables are more prone to screen issues compared to the Flip series. I'd sold my Flip3 to my friend, I've had no issue with it since getting it, and my friend has no issue with it since getting it from me. Another plus for the Flip5 is that Samsung will be updated it to support AI functions. I'm waiting for my Flip5 to be updated as well (should be from end March onward) as I'm enjoying AI (Advanced Intelligence as Samsung put it) on my S24 Ultra.

Still, the S23 would be a very good option for a smaller size slate phone, the S24 would be a good option too....though the latter would be more expensive, the former's is just as capable as the latter and will be update to include Galaxy AI as well.

Storage 240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB Asgard AN2, 2TB Hiksemi FUTURE-LITE, 320GB+1TB 7200RPM HDD
Software Windows 11 Pro
@gurusmi I know you've just settled for a tablet and decided to look for a phone at a later date, but would you ever consider getting an ASUS? Their Zenfones 9 or 10 are even smaller than the S23, with marginally sub-6" screens:
Screenshot_20240315_062756_Samsung Internet.jpg

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
@gurusmi I know you've just settled for a tablet and decided to look for a phone at a later date, but would you ever consider getting an ASUS? Their Zenfones 9 or 10 are even smaller than the S23, with marginally sub-6" screens:

1. I cannot open Whatsapp. Neither in the desktopn app nor on the WebFrontend. And whatsapp always asks to connect devices with a QR Code. If i try to use the phone number i receive Error mesages all the time. with this the tablet doesn't work that great. Nevertheless i took that tablet onto my list after i built my new workstation. My iPad Air (???) has the version12.5.x as the latest possible version. The App for my watch charges me to have at least 13.x.x. great thing.

2. Where should i place any block device? I have 2 Pockets that need to be closed/secured by a zipper. In those 2 Pockets i have my keys, a wallet, a pack of Zigarettes and a lighter. With that items my pockets are more than only full. There is no space for a bigger block. No matter if it is 5mm taller or not. Thats the reason why i spoke about a foldable. There is rare space when ion the run with a wheel chair. One cannot use the pockets of the trousers. Also no unzippable pockats are an option. At most jackets one can be happy if two inner pockets do have a zipper. Your all suggestions are good. But they don't fit the need one has when sitting in a wheel chair. Did you know that every single reseat into and out of the wheel chair needs 10 pushups? I use to sit in a normal chair in front of my desk. Also at the sofa. But when i need to get to a restroom i have to reseat twice. Add 20 pushups to the list. Nobody thinks how i should dress undress with a jacket when sitting in the chair how the jacket flies around me to get it ordered dressed. etc etc. Mostly there is (happily) a lack of knowledge about that.

I thought a longer time what i should take without any thought about the durability or reliablility. Just about physical dimensions and how the work in my own special situation. For me it is annoying to thinks about mobiles that much. But i have to to get the most out of my bucks. I thought about the way of my movements etc. How i dress up and off again later. One even don't recognize about problems people have when sitting in a wheel chair. My communitiy has a raiseed footpath usually around 8-10cm above the street level. Great. But i cannot get up with my wheelchair. Because the maximum one can climb is about 5cm according to the manufactorer. Most people aren't aware of that.There are such an amout of smaller and bigger issues when sitting in that chair all day long. I thought about those problems and i figured out that the problems when owning a blockdevice is much bigger than having a flippable. No matter about power, batterie, display or whatever.

Oh. And don't think that i want to offend you or somebody else. I don't. I'm still thankful for suggestions.

Last edited:
Software Windows 11 Pro
Where should i place any block device? I have 2 Pockets that need to be closed/secured by a zipper. In those 2 Pockets i have my keys, a wallet, a pack of Zigarettes and a lighter. With that items my pockets are more than only full. There is no space for a bigger block. No matter if it is 5mm taller or not. Thats the reason why i spoke about a foldable. There is rare space when ion the run with a wheel chair. One cannot use the pockets of the trousers. Also no unzippable pockats are an option.
Alright, I guess this much I couldn't visualize: what's the threshold for how tall a phone can be for it to make sense to you when stored.
I thought a longer time what i should take without any thought about the durability or reliablility. Just about physical dimensions and how the work in my own special situation. For me it is annoying to thinks about mobiles that much. But i have to to get the most out of my bucks. I thought about the way of my movements etc. How i dress up and off again later. One even don't recognize about problems people have when sitting in a wheel chair. My communitiy has a raiseed footpath usually around 8-10cm above the street level. Great. But i cannot get up with my wheelchair. Because the maximum one can climb is about 5cm according to the manufactorer. Most people aren't aware of that.There are such an amout of smaller and bigger issues when sitting in that chair all day long. I thought about those problems and i figured out that the problems when owning a blockdevice is much bigger than having a flippable. No matter about power, batterie, display or whatever.
In this case, I think there's really no better option than a clamshell flip phone for you. I can only hope it takes very long for it to have issues, because my experience with them isn't favorable (my mother-in-law's Flip3 broke the screen - not the hinge - with about just 1 year of use).
Between the Flip5 or the Razr 40 Ultra, I'd opt for the Motorola. It's cover screen seems to have more functionality.
Oh. And don't think that i want to offend you or somebody else. I don't. I'm still thankful for suggestions.
No offense taken. I also apologize if at any time I did sound insensitive.

Processor Ryzen 7800x3d
Motherboard Asus B650e-F Strix
Cooling Corsair H150i Pro
Memory Gskill 32gb 6000 mhz cl30
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage Samsung 980 pro 2tb, Samsung 860 evo 500gb, Samsung 850 evo 1tb, Samsung 860 evo 4tb
Display(s) Acer XB321HK
Case Coolermaster Cosmos 2
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi 5.1 Pro + Logitech Z560
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Win10 pro
Neither of the 2.

The motorola has a curved screen, which is just begging for a broken screen even from a tiny drop.

The flip will more likely than not get issues down the road with the screen, as it consists of bendable plastic.

Any regular phone with a flat screen would be a better option imo.

Edit : i thought of the motorola edge. Razr same issue as samsung flip.

If it needs to be that small at any cost, then i would go iphone 13 mini.

Last edited:
System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Alright, I guess this much I couldn't visualize: what's the threshold for how tall a phone can be for it to make sense to you when stored.
I found a Jelly 3" smartphone with Android 13. Nice cute thing. But i don't think that it woiuld last longer. I calculatedm also a robist frame to protect the phone a bit better.

In this case, I think there's really no better option than a clamshell flip phone for you. I can only hope it takes very long for it to have issues, because my experience with them isn't favorable (my mother-in-law's Flip3 broke the screen - not the hinge - with about just 1 year of use).
Between the Flip5 or the Razr 40 Ultra, I'd opt for the Motorola. It's cover screen seems to have more functionality.
If it breaks i will buy a new one. Either i can cry about that or i can accept it. There is no other possibility. So i better accept it as i still keep in good moods. ;)
I've heard that about the Samsung phone either. It seems that Samsung is limiting the usage of the small front screen much more that the Motorola. In difference one gets a full year more of Android and security updates at the Samsung. ;) And i can buy a 512GB Samsung for an Price-upgrade of 10€ against the 256GB Razr.

No offense taken. I also apologize if at any time I did sound insensitive.
There is no need to apologize. I know that most people are unaware of the specific problems. I.e. I'm on the way to get to the supermarket. After getting back a phone in my trousers pocket would be brocken because of the way i have to get th goods home. ;) I have 2 pockets available at th jacket i wear. btw. My Nokia 2700 Flip keeps staying at home. Nobody needs to know that i'm getting into which supermarket and how long i'm there. The way has a total distanc (Home -> Supermarkt -> home) of about 4km. I'm praying that the Akkupak in my wheelchar has enough power to bring me back.

Edit:
Link to the named Jelly 3" Android 13 smartphone:

I will also order a new Akkupack for my Nokia 6 (TA-1033). I hope that the phone will life with that new Akku around 1hr to copy my data off the device. If i can migrate the data and settings to my new phone i will be happy and "dance" around the table.

Last edited:
System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
In my shelves i found my old HTC old M9. Whilst a research it was said that this phone uses Android 9 as the latest version. I thought that this can work for the next days till i got the new one. But no chancee. If i want to install something through the Play Store i'm told that i need the latest version of the Play Store service. But that is installed inside Play Store. It's so great when the dog hunts his own tail.

So i researched a bit about changing the battery on my Nokia.I found a description on iFixit. And the best of this story? I already own a big tool Set of iFixIt with whom i can change the battery. So i ordered a new one. 15 € isn't bad for this. So i can exchange and migrate the phones Data to the new one. I have some GB stored within Whatsapp with Videos, Pictures and whatever. I want to keep them. They are not important. But they are desired.

Happily i had a govenmental vocational training with some exams on exactly that topic in my youth. So let's see how good my eyes are and how i avoided Parkinson. And at all how much i kept memorized.

[Ironic joke! on]
Btw. Do you remember the first name of Alzheimer?
Jepp. That's the way it starts. ;)
[Ironic joke! off]

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
dont choose flip devices... my wife has a flip 4 and it has been in surgery 3x...
some of my school's student also has flips and they've been in surgery for a few times too...
just very fragile devices... even though they feel robust enough but they are fragile devices... i'd avoid

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
dont choose flip devices... my wife has a flip 4 and it has been in surgery 3x...
some of my school's student also has flips and they've been in surgery for a few times too...
just very fragile devices... even though they feel robust enough but they are fragile devices... i'd avoid
You also didn't catch the use case. I have to use a flipable. Just try to get a male wallet, keys, zigarets and lighter into two smaller inner pockets of a jacket and try to swing them arounf to get it on/off. You'l realize that the things inside those pockets will fly around. So you need a zipper on that pockets. With them the space to store things is real rare. I planned in a shell where also the hinge is protected. But nevertheless. My usecase implies that there is no other possibility than having a flipable.

Btw. Everybody is talking about older versions. But Samsung did modify the hinge with every single model. So nobody who is referencing the older models knows if the actual generation of the hinge will be problematic or not. Till version 4 they used a teardrop design. Now they have u-shaped and therefor flat and parallel design.

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
I will order the phone directly after eastern. Till then we have raised pricetags because the shops want to generate additional revenues because of easter presents.

Processor R5 7600
Motherboard MSI Pro A620M-E
Cooling Thermalright SI-100
Memory 32GB Teamgroup 6000 SK=Hynix M-Die
Video Card(s) Intel ARC A750
Storage SK-Hynix Gen4
Display(s) 29" 4k Samsung IPS
Case Lian Li PC-V355-B
Audio Device(s) Plantronic cans or JBL 5.2.1 atmos soundbar
Power Supply FSP Hydro 800w
Mouse Xtrfi MZ1
Keyboard Lubed reds with cheap purple keycaps
I lack the attention span to read through all that..

the Motorola's don't get great software support but are a purer android experience.

The Samsung will require a Samsung account to utilize the software features {which you didn't ask for and cant easily remove} the razr will not.