• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SCAM warning! Elon Musk deepfake ad for "investment fund" spreading

System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite Ax DDR5
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 + P12 Max Fans
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury Beast 5600 cl36 Oc'd to 6000 cl32
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf 4090 24GB (non-oc version, undervolted)
Storage 2TB Netac nv7000 + 2TB P5 Plus + 2TB SN850X + 2*(4TB MX500) in raid 0. 14TB Total.
Display(s) Dell 23.5" 1440P IPS panel (P2416D)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH Performance Mid-Tower
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply Gigabyte 850w (ud850gm pg5)
Mouse Some piece of shit from China
Keyboard Some piece of shit from China
Software Yes Please?
who is naive enough to actively not use a systemwide aggressive adblocker? even the FBI wants you to use one to protect yourself and the first thing i did when my mom got her first tablet was installing brave with aggressive ad and tracker blocking, adguard for apps and telling her about scams on the internet.

View attachment 320696
Probably old people who don't have somebody to guide them through the process like your mom had. You never know the unique circumstances people are in, what kind of roadblocks are in their way etc. I use brave, and I try to get other people to use it all the time. But you know - I can't reach everybody. And not everybody grew up like us.

"You've inherited a diamond mine in Nigeria" comes to mind.
I have? How can I claim the rewards? I can pay in itunes gift cards!

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG 1080p
Case SilverStone Raven RV03
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
@AusWolf thanks for the heads up. As you said even for an "internet veteran" I also sometimes take a second look on some ads. I am actually starting to wonder about paying for Youtube Premium to avoid the ads as they started cracking down on ad blockers. I've seen people mention using a Raspberry Pi or Lenovo Tiny (most often) as firewall/media center and ad blocker, but I don't know how to do that.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Scams are like evolution in reverse - they select for the least, rather than most, fit. Which is why I'm totally in favour of letting as many people as possible being caught by them, because seeing dumb greedy boomers lose their house to incredibly obvious and easily avoidable scams never gets old (see also: the BTC boom and bust). Schadenfreude is a dish best served piping hot.

Is that mean and/or unfair? Probably. But I, like evolution, don't care about your emotions - just your fitness.
Falling for a trap that seems obvious to you doesn't mean that one is stupid. Not everybody grew up in the digital world and not everybody understands it. Heck, when it comes to AI, even I don't understand it fully. The fake Elon Musk interview seemed convincingly real. If it wasn't about making free money (which is a fake topic on its own), I would have had no problem to believe it. Who knows what else is fake out there? This is not evolution. This is madness.

Besides, you can get scammed many ways. Who knows? Maybe your workplace's chosen pension company is a scam, and you'll only realise it when you retire and your whole life's investment is gone.

@AusWolf thanks for the heads up. As you said even for an "internet veteran" I also sometimes take a second look on some ads. I am actually starting to wonder about paying for Youtube Premium to avoid the ads as they started cracking down on ad blockers. I've seen people mention using a Raspberry Pi or Lenovo Tiny (most often) as firewall/media center and ad blocker, but I don't know how to do that.
Cracking down on ad blockers at the advent of the AI deepfake era seems to be the worst possible time. Google should thoroughly re-evaluate their ad policies if they want to see a penny from me.

As for ad blocking, people have said that resetting the cache or ad filters seems to be doing the trick. There's a whole thread about this somewhere here. I haven't had any problem with mine, yet (touch wood).

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Simple DNS blockers like Pi-hole unfortunately cannot block YouTube ads, since YouTube serves ads from the same domains as it serves videos. You'd need a network appliance that can inspect individual packets to distinguish between ad videos and real videos and dump the former (probably based on length), and that's a very different proposition.

Falling for a trap that seems obvious to you doesn't mean that one is stupid. Not everybody grew up in the digital world and not everybody understands it. Heck, when it comes to AI, even I don't understand it fully. The fake Elon Musk interview seemed convincingly real. If it wasn't about making free money (which is a fake topic on its own), I would have had no problem to believe it. Who knows what else is fake out there? This is not evolution. This is madness.
The beauty of the internet is that the ability to educate oneself is easier than getting scammed. If you choose not to do research to prevent yourself getting scammed, that's entirely your fault. And if you aren't capable of doing that research, you really shouldn't be using the internet.

Besides, you can get scammed many ways. Who knows? Maybe your workplace's chosen pension company is a scam, and you'll only realise it when you retire and your whole life's investment is gone.
That wouldn't be my fault because I didn't make the choice to use that company, and I didn't do it out of greed.

As for ad blocking, people have said that resetting the cache or ad filters seems to be doing the trick. There's a whole thread about this somewhere here. I haven't had any problem with mine, yet (touch wood).
I haven't had any problems with blocking YT ads for a week or so now - uBlock Origin seems to have come out on top again. Ultimately YouTube's war on ad blockers is one they cannot win unless they embed the ad videos in the original video stream, and that's computationally infeasible because it would require re-encoding the original stream for every different ad they want to run.

Last edited:
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
The beauty of the internet is that the ability to educate oneself is easier than getting scammed. If you choose not to do research to prevent yourself getting scammed, that's entirely your fault. And if you aren't capable of doing that research, you really shouldn't be using the internet.
"Educate yourself" is the lazy answer. Not everybody has time or energy to read about everything. Besides, even if you do, you can still get scammed. Like I said, I know about AI, I've watched documentaries and read numerous articles about deepfake, but if the Musk interview wasn't about free money, I would have believed it, it looked and sounded that convincing. Deepfake is real and it's coming to a web page near you!

Edit: Also, if you don't know about the existence of AI deepfake at all, then you don't know what you need to educate yourself on to begin with.

That wouldn't be my fault because I didn't make the choice to use that company, and I didn't do it out of greed.
Would you still shrug and simply call it evolution, though?

System Name ASUS TUF F15
Processor Intel Core i5-10300H
Motherboard ASUS FX506LHB
Cooling Laptop built-in cooling lol
Memory 20GB @ 2666 Dual Channel
Video Card(s) Intel UHD & Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile
Storage WD Black SN770 NVMe 1TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) Laptop built-in 144 Hz FHD screen
Audio Device(s) LOGITECH 2.1-channel
Power Supply ASUS 180W PSU (from more powerful ASUS TUF DASH F15 lol)
Mouse Logitech G604
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 7 TKL
Software Windows 10
It's also true though.

He was scamming people well before he bought and ruined twitter.

Yep. Isn't AI wonderful?
twitter was useless BS, so I don't really care.

Simple DNS blockers like Pi-hole unfortunately cannot block YouTube ads, since YouTube serves ads from the same domains as it serves videos. You'd need a network appliance that can inspect individual packets to distinguish between ad videos and real videos and dump the former (probably based on length), and that's a very different proposition.

I haven't had any problems with blocking YT ads for a week or so now - uBlock Origin seems to have come out on top again. Ultimately YouTube's war on ad blockers is one they cannot win unless they embed the ad videos in the original video stream, and that's computationally infeasible because it would require re-encoding the original stream for every different ad they want to run.
well, there are android YT apps that shows content without ads. Take the risk of your google account or watch the google scat on you with more and longer apps in yt videos, hmmm, tough choice...

also extensions for Chrome work perfectly, they block one, and there is another, lmfao

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
"Educate yourself" is the lazy answer. Not everybody has time or energy to read about everything. Besides, even if you do, you can still get scammed. Like I said, I know about AI, I've watched documentaries and read numerous articles about deepfake, but if the Musk interview wasn't about free money, I would have believed it, it looked and sounded that convincing. Deepfake is real and it's coming to a web page near you!
How long did it take you to Google the company name and find out it was a scam?

Edit: Also, if you don't know about the existence of AI deepfake at all, then you don't know what you need to educate yourself on to begin with.
Deepfakes are irrelevant, they're just the newest vehicle for scamming. Being critical of things that sound too good to be true, preventing greed from dictating your actions, and doing your research on such things; is and always will be the defense against being scammed.

Would you still shrug and simply call it evolution, though?
I would ask why you're so intent on making a point about my morality that you're willing to conflate two things that I've already demonstrated to be incomparable, thus being intentionally intellectually dishonest.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Its crazy, I see deep fakes on all platforms..

So in 2001 or so I pretty much quit watching tv. Mostly because of commercials, then the dumbing down of society so I bailed on that scene.

Could deep fakes pull the people using the internet for entertainment back into tvland?

Doubtful.. will have to go back to books :laugh:

System Name Firestarter
Processor 7950X
Motherboard X670E Steel Legend
Cooling LF 2 420
Memory 4x16 G.Skill X5 6000@CL36
Video Card(s) RTX Gigabutt 4090 Gaming OC
Storage OS: 2TB P41 Plat, 2TB SN770, 1TB SN770
Display(s) FO48U, some dinky TN 10.1 inch display.
Case Fractal Torrent
Audio Device(s) PC38X
Power Supply GF3 TT Premium 850W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard OG Razer Black Widow

So in 2001 or so I pretty much quit watching tv. Mostly because of commercials, then the dumbing down of society so I bailed on that scene.

Could deep fakes pull the people using the internet for entertainment back into tvland?

Text ads on every page are inserted randomly. Thanks for the Nobel prize-winning idea!

Deepfakes are irrelevant, they're just the newest vehicle for scamming. Being critical of things that sound too good to be true, preventing greed from dictating your actions, and doing your research on such things; is and always will be the defense against being scammed.
On this we could not agree more, however...
thus being intentionally intellectually dishonest.
...this is a bit too far. I would not consider Auswolf to be dishonest, intellectually or otherwise, either in general nor in this discussion.

For the most part, I agree. There are exceptions though.

System Name Firestarter
Processor 7950X
Motherboard X670E Steel Legend
Cooling LF 2 420
Memory 4x16 G.Skill X5 6000@CL36
Video Card(s) RTX Gigabutt 4090 Gaming OC
Storage OS: 2TB P41 Plat, 2TB SN770, 1TB SN770
Display(s) FO48U, some dinky TN 10.1 inch display.
Case Fractal Torrent
Audio Device(s) PC38X
Power Supply GF3 TT Premium 850W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard OG Razer Black Widow
Whenever I see ads I go to whatever browser I'm using and install uBlock Origin.

I really don't like seeing them and watching MULTIPLE ads for a 10-second video isn't right.

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
"You've inherited a diamond mine in Nigeria" comes to mind.
Me too.
I kept sending them money to cover for the cost to get the paperwork done but it wasn't meant to be.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG 1080p
Case SilverStone Raven RV03
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
It's not right even for a 30 minute video. Ads/commercials need to be limited to 2.5% of the total viewing time. More is intrusive, inappropriate and dishonest.
You had my curiosity, now you have my attention :) 2.5% where is that number coming from? Is it personal opinion or something else? Genuinely asking.

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention :) 2.5% where is that number coming from? Is it personal opinion or something else? Genuinely asking.
While I admit an element of personal preference, the playtime vs profit numbers for YouTube heavily sway my conclusion. On average, 2.5 minutes of ads per 100 minutes of content shown is greatly more than what Youtube needs to both pay the bills AND make a very healthy profit. However, without ad blockers, YouTube will routinely show upto 20 minutes of ads per 100 minutes watched, and sometimes upward of 30 minutes of ads per 100 minutes watched. This is blatant greed and is dishonest from the perspective of Youtube "stealing time" from us users by over saturating content with ads. To compound that problem, YouTube frequently shows inappropriate ads that are unsuitable for work OR home viewing.

That said, we're getting somewhat off topic. If further discussion is desired on this subject, we can discuss in a new thread or a group PM.

Last edited:

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
I was more at 2.4% but I'll compromise at 2.45%.

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
As more and more society relies on the internet (some people don't even socialise offline anymore), I'm scared to think what humanity will become. Cyberpunk 2077?

We are headed that way. Fast.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Just keep updating ublock origin on a proper browser. No ads here on Firefox with ublock origin.

Yep we killed the cable about 10 years ago too. Havent looked back... books, it is indeed seeing where series and gaming is going. God almighty. Books!

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10

This libertarian ideal works if you apply it sparingly but it becomes a problem when you apply it broadly. What you get when you keep repeating "You got scammed lul, do your research next time" is a system where increasingly no one can trust anyone and doing your research becomes an increasingly impossible task as eventually everything requires research. It's a system that rewards scams and deceit.

System Name S.L.I + RTX research rig
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X 3D.
Motherboard MSI MEG ACE X570
Cooling Corsair H150i Cappellx
Memory Corsair Vengeance pro RGB 3200mhz 16Gbs
Video Card(s) 2x Dell RTX 2080 Ti in S.L.I
Storage Western digital Sata 6.0 SDD 500gb + fanxiang S660 4TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
Display(s) HP X24i
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Power Supply EVGA G+1600watts
Mouse Corsair Scimitar
Keyboard Cosair K55 Pro RGB
who is naive enough to actively not use a systemwide aggressive adblocker? even the FBI wants you to use one to protect yourself and the first thing i did when my mom got her first tablet was installing brave with aggressive ad and tracker blocking, adguard for apps and telling her about scams on the internet.

View attachment 320696
someone needs to show that to YouTube.

Software Windows 10 Pro
How long did it take you to Google the company name and find out it was a scam?

So you're saying that even if a deepfake ad convinces you of something, you can still avoid being scammed by finding out about the topic before you invest. That's a good point, I agree.

I would ask why you're so intent on making a point about my morality that you're willing to conflate two things that I've already demonstrated to be incomparable, thus being intentionally intellectually dishonest.
Because whether you're being scammed by your own choice or by that of your employer, is not relevant in this discussion, in my opinion. We could apply the "do your research" point here, but even if you want to research the genuinity of your employer's chosen pension company, how do you know what to look for? Unless you're a pension expert by profession.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
Software Windows 10 Pro
While I admit an element of personal preference, the playtime vs profit numbers for YouTube heavily sway my conclusion. On average, 2.5 minutes of ads per 100 minutes of content shown is greatly more than what Youtube needs to both pay the bills AND make a very healthy profit. However, without ad blockers, YouTube will routinely show upto 20 minutes of ads per 100 minutes watched, and sometimes upward of 30 minutes of ads per 100 minutes watched. This is blatant greed, and is dishonest from the perspective of Youtube "stealing time" from us users by over saturating content with ads. To compound that problem, YouTube frequently shows inappropriate ads that are unsuitable for work OR home viewing.

That said, we're getting somewhat off topic. If further discussion is desired on this subject, we can discuss in a new thread or a group PM.
I agree. Also, on a relevant-to-the-topic note, they should screen ads before allowing them on the website/app. If it's not from a genuine source, it should not be allowed to show. Youtube is indirectly contributing to people being scammed otherwise.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
While I admit an element of personal preference, the playtime vs profit numbers for YouTube heavily sway my conclusion. On average, 2.5 minutes of ads per 100 minutes of content shown is greatly more than what Youtube needs to both pay the bills AND make a very healthy profit. However, without ad blockers, YouTube will routinely show upto 20 minutes of ads per 100 minutes watched, and sometimes upward of 30 minutes of ads per 100 minutes watched. This is blatant greed, and is dishonest from the perspective of Youtube "stealing time" from us users by over saturating content with ads. To compound that problem, YouTube frequently shows inappropriate ads that are unsuitable for work OR home viewing.

Communist, wanting to rob corpohumans of their profits like that, thus limiting their freedoms. Don't you like freedom?
Be careful... not everything you read is true either! You can't win!

Personally I'm going with guy at the pub.