• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

See all watched software?

Whirldisplay

Hello,

Is there a "software subscriptions" section somewhere to verify in one page all watched/subscribed-for-update-notifications software? Can't seem to find a way. It would also be nice to be able to unsubscribe from single programs within that page.

Thanks

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I guess you mean for our downloads section.

There's no such feature, you'd have to click unsubscribe one-by-one once you receive an email notification.

First time in almost 20 years that such a request is made, should I unsubscribe you from all manually?

Whirldisplay

Thanks, no need to manually unsubscribe me. It's strange that no one asked. There's an increased number of software downloads, so a quick way to monitor and handle these subscriptions sounds logical. Nothing fancy, "just" a simple page. Hope you can consider it.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
One design issue for such a page is that you can register for the download notifications without having a TPU forums account. It will send you a click to confirm email, and done.

Without a forum account, how do I authenticate you, before I show you the list of subscribed downloads for w1zzard@techpowerup.com ?

email you a PIN-code for authentication?
email you the list of things you've subscribed to, w/ clickable unsubscription links?

Whirldisplay

One design issue for such a page is that you can register for the download notifications without having a TPU forums account.

In other similar situations I know of, notification subscriptions are tied to the user account i.e. registration is required. So, my suggestion would be to do this and send a warning email to all current "subscribers" that non-registered users will stop getting notifications, unless they create an account.

Selaya's suggestions could work I guess, but personally I strongly dislike using email in such an utilitarian way (extra clutter). Email to log in, email to order pizza, email to access this and that... you get the idea.

update: It's usually like this: there's a link somewhere in the page (often top-right, close to the username/pic) that leads to the subscriptions page: a simple list with all subscribed software. Next to each software title, there's optionally a "delete/remove" button which removes the related subscription.

In the separate software pages, the subscribe button can act as a toggle. Press to subscribe, press again to unsubscribe. In any case, it would help if in the aforementioned list, each software title listed is linked directly to its page, so we can quickly unsubscribe in case the above "delete/remove" button is not implemented.

Last edited: