• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Should I return to nVidia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
look cu count. the 7700xt is a perfect successor to the 5700xt but only12 gb again is its dowsnide otherwise its perfect a good 30% faster
I am looking at the CU count. 3840 is a good upgrade over 2560 (6700 XT), not 3840 (6800). Also, why wouldn't Navi 32 be a successor of Navi 22? Don't let product names confuse you, they're only meant to upsell.

no you dont. lie as much as you want.
I run my 7800 XT with a -10% power limit, and while there is some performance decrease, it's totally undetectable without an FPS counter on screen or some other form of logging.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 239770

watch out you dont get a driver timeout lmao

replicate this 4k dlss balanced 150 watts the 7900 will be double that . garbage gen from amd. rdna 2 was much much better esepcially with MPT.
View attachment 342810
This was never part of the argument.
I am fine with you thinking they are garbage, that effects nobody but outright painting a different discussion is absurd.

I run my 7800 XT with a -10% power limit, and while there is some performance decrease, it's totally undetectable without an FPS counter on screen or some other form of lagging.
well then i just show here at 7900xt in avatar with -10 powerlimit

barely reaches 2300mhz but sure it keeps stock performance when u take power away....
Screenshot (358).png

This was never part of the argument.
I am fine with you thinking they are garbage, that effects nobody but outright painting a different discussion is absurd.
show me your best 7900xt result. big talker i said i have all the data here
Screenshot (343).png

D

Deleted member 239770

Stock, then undervolt and power slider to the minimum, vs overclocked at 380w.

The Radeon overlay does not display in the video but the board power goes to 380w and the FPS changes.

-15 power.
2400mhz locked max clock.
stock memory.

Vs 3200mhz
1050mv
380w
+15 PL.
2700 fast timing memory.

I then put it back to the undervolt and 2400mhz near the end of the video.

Barely any difference. None in playability too.

Next video.

8K VSR + FSR Resident Evil 3 maxed out Ray Tracing. Underpowered at 2.4ghz max clock.

Way bigger upload and way higher bit rate to compensate since this time we shall be showcasing VSR mixed with FSR.

Last edited by a moderator:

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, transparent full custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary
@JohH
because not all games support DLAA?!
i rather use quality DLSS, than nothing/no MSAA option.
All games with DLSS in future will support DLAA. It's been integrated as part of the quality settings by NVIDIA, I.e. Ultra quality.

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
@ojoqrom
things like frame time or low 0.1/0.01% are usually more important than 90 vs 95 fps.

@dgianstefani
sure, but not right now..

Processor Ryzen 7 7900x
Motherboard Asrock B650E PG Riptide WiFi
Cooling Underfloor CPU cooling
Memory 2x32GB 6600
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XT OC Edition
Storage Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB, Seagate Exos 12TB
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG301RF 2560x1080@200Hz
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Power Supply NZXT C850 850W Gold
Mouse Bloody W95 Max Naraka
well then i just show here at 7900xt in avatar with -10 powerlimit

barely reaches 2300mhz but sure it keeps stock performance when u take power away....

show me your best 7900xt result. big talker i said i have all the data here
View attachment 342812

Eh, the next one Nvidia fan ? Cool.
1712741187999.png

It's OK?

You like all Nvidia gimmick?:
RT and DLSS and 4k and ~2$ less monthly fee - fine - use them all as much as you want with all 60-80FPS blurriness it's your choice.
Some people prefer pure rasterization with 150-200FPS and flawless gaming - is it a problem? :)

D

Deleted member 239770

I hope YT handles this right, it should display in 1440P.

how am i an nvidia fan i have nvidia and amd gpus here but sure. grow up. why would i be a fan of a fucking greedy company?

7800xt bench in odyssey

so tell me how do you come to that conclusion? especially with what you quoted? i splmy told him that he sis wrong with a picture that shows it unless you consider 2250mhz as like stock speed on a 7900xt.... :laugh:

this is stock speed 2550mhz see picture below, with powerlimit to -10 you loose exactly 13% on clock speed= 2250mhz. but sure it is still stock performance with 250-270 like the other funny guy said. with 250 watts you wont even break 2000mhz

yes the nvidia fan has the 7800xt too

Screenshot (376).png

Screenshot (307).png

D

Deleted member 239770

It's not that, you just dismiss others because you seem to think they don't have a valid use-case or opinion and that you are a superior being.
You throw foul language around because you think you are being perceived as the foreboding of advancement in intellect.

D

Deleted member 239770

:laugh: this is not even possible on any rdna 3 card
Typo, however watch the video, the over 150w drop made around 5-8 FPS difference. Literally changed nothing for the end user.
Also stop forcing opinions, my system has never crashed once and I have owned the GPU since 2023.
I did the PTM 7950 TIM change which dropped the hot spot a ridiculous amount.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 110451.png

thank god you didnt play helldivers 2 or older games. what 150 watts drop lol? so your card ran with 150-160 watts ;) sure thing. or did you really took the powerlimit +15 as a baseline? :laugh: just stop it.

i have more expérience with rdna 3 than you.

im better not showing what ada can do in resident evil 3 with 100 watt TBP. Rdna 3 needs that idle or watching youtube videos or simply moving the mouse already triggers the vram to go up, or god forbid moving an open window if the vram feels like it

:laugh:

D

Deleted member 239770

thank god you didnt play helldivers 2 or older games. what 150 watts drop lol? so your card ran with 150-160 watts ;) sure thing. or did you relly took the powerlimit +15 as a baseline? :laugh: just stop it.

:laugh:
Allow me to reapply the context for you since you seem to lack the ability to keep to the argument.

380w is the max my card can draw with the max power limit, at -10 it draws around 150-180w less, but it depends on the load, adding RT will up the power draw once again and that brings the cards power usage still down to around 10w or so less whilst also maintaining the solid fixed core clock of 2.4ghz which is the stock boost clock of the 7900 XT non AIB.

Hell Divers 2 is anew game, it likely needed patches like many new releases, is that an AMD fault? Do you have evidence AMD are to blame?

I play lots of older games, I can video record you a vast collection randomly if you wish using old API's.

I just think you are not as advanced at using your computer as you may want to come across and instead of using the critical mind to solve issues, you blame a company because your emotions feel better when you get what you want instantly.

Processor Ryzen 7 7900x
Memory 2x32GB 6600
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro
how am i an nvidia fan i have nvidia and amd gpus here but sure. grow up. why would i be a fan of a fucking greedy company? are you mentally challenged?

7800xt bench in odyssey

so tell me how do you come to that conclusion? especially with what you quoted? i splmy told him that he sis wrong with a picture that shows it unless you consider 2250mhz as like stock speed on a 7900xt.... :laugh:

this is stock speed 2550mhz see picture below, with powerlimit to -10 you loose exactly 13% on clock speed= 2250mhz. but sure it is still stock performance with 250-270 like the other funny guy said. with 250 watts you wont even break 2000mhz

yes the nvidia fan has the 7800xt too
You jump here, and start with:
Nvidia = good
Radeon = bad
50w - are game changer
RT = forever
Humm, and you are not Nvidia fan? OK :)

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, transparent full custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary
Nvidia = good
Radeon = bad
50w - are game changer
RT = forever
Directly and objectively comparing competing hardware in standardised tests, then discussing results does not make you a fanboy. That's a dismissive term too often used in lieu of an actual point in response.

NVIDIA cards this generation are more efficient, have unique features, are much faster in most professional workloads, and significantly faster the more ray tracing becomes involved. They carry a price premium because of this. These are facts, and I, nor anyone else, are fanboys for stating them.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
Not a fan of DLSS or DLAA?
There's a near 100% hit rate on those not being fans of it both not owning and using a RTX series card and having a strong aversion to buying Nvidia products. Bonus points for leather jacket jokes.

DLSS and RT are awesome, and I truly hope the competition matches or indeed exceeds how well nvidia does both. Don't like them? Turn them off and enjoy "native".

Nvidia = good
Radeon = bad
50w - are game changer
RT = forever
i did not say 1 thing you listed there. not one.

Directly and objectively comparing competing hardware in standardised tests, then discussing results does not make you a fanboy. That's a dismissive term too often used in lieu of an actual point in response.

NVIDIA cards this generation are more efficient, have unique features, are much faster in most professional workloads, and significantly faster the more ray tracing becomes involved. They carry a price premium because of this. These are facts, and I, nor anyone else, are fanboys for stating them.
thank god this individual gets it.

but we are in a time and age where we cant say objectively measurable facts without getting insulted.

Gotta save those $2 a month, things are hard for the man.
thanks now at least you see that you lost the plot. if you really think thats it what it comes down too.

D

Deleted member 239770

There's a near 100% hit rate on those not being fans of it both not owning and using a RTX series card and having a strong aversion to buying Nvidia products. Bonus points for leather jacket jokes.

DLSS and RT are awesome, and I truly hope the competition matches or indeed exceeds how well nvidia does both. Don't like them? Turn them off and enjoy "native".
This is a red herring.

Sure, but did the Radeon owner not buy it for the same reasoning here: "Don't like them? Turn them off and enjoy "native"."

Also the RDNA3 cards have comparative RT performance to the RTX 3K series, they just don't have a well-rounded up-scaling solution.

If a buyer does not care about 2 games, CBP and Alan wake 2 which not only use the most advanced RT techniques but are Nvidia marketed games, lets just say they also don;t like the game for what the game is, how it plays, bland story and nonsensical crap.. being lied too etc etc.

And we take all the rest of the games out there? The Radeon users can enjoy RT in those others without restraint, even without upscaling.

But I guess because a user is not playing those 2 games which helps Nvidia owners feel better about their purchase, they are the issue because they apparently never owned one?

I could not make up the mental gymnastics myself, it took someone truly in it for themselves to do that.

thank god this individual gets it.

but we are in a time and age where we cant say objectively measurable facts without getting insulted.

thanks now at least you see that you lost the plot. if you really think thats it what it comes down too.
What else does it come down to? Are your windows boarded up next?

Processor Ryzen 7 7900x
Memory 2x32GB 6600
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro

When RT become something useful without upscale, I will use it too sometimes, because I don't like some RT effects :)
Efficient is something nice to have, but it hardly will change my choice to choose a GPU.
They don't discuss professional workloads, but gaming.
Sorry, I understand it in this way.

What else does it come down to? Are your windows boarded up next?
you are a lost cause i will now stop responding to you. its hopeless anyways.

also yes in fact in northern european countries where you pay 40-90 cent per kwh an undervolted nvidia card wil come so much cheaper in 4 years time span that your next gpu will be 50% off in comparison. several hundred €.

but when your horizont is a narrow as your knowledge about gpus....

yes rdna 3 can play rt relatively well but that doesnt change the fact that the 7900xt is often only on 4070 level aka 3080. and in heavy rt, well we dont mention that because you know why.

also even intels first gen gpus have better rt performance than rdna 3 relatively. go figure. Also xess is most of the times better than fsr especially on ARC Gpus where its almost or even as good as DLSS.

in the next 5 years intel will take amds place. and amd will reside on 3rd spot for ever. because they cant get their shit together. all they do is copy nvidia in bad, while nvidia is the driving force of innovation since decades, whetever you like it or not.

what you get now with nvidia is far cry fromwhat you get with amd . when will amd reach ada performance and features in 2026 or 2028? nvidia then will be also a lot further away. they cant catch up because nvidia is never resting like intel did in their lazy years. but intel has the potential to because budget and manpower is there and knowledge too.

D

Deleted member 239770

you are a lost cause i will now stop responding to you. its hopeless anyways.

also yes in fact in northern european countries where you pay 40-90 cent per kwh an undervolted nvidia card wil come so much cheaper in 4 years time span that your next gpu will be 50% off in comparison. several hundred €.

but when your horizont is a narrow as your knowledge about gpus....

yes rdna 3 can play rt relatively well but that doesnt change the fact that the 7900xt is often only on 4070 level aka 3080. and in heavy rt, well we dont mention that because you know why.

also even intels first gen gpus have better rt performance than rdna 3 relatively. go figure. Also xess is most of the times better than fsr especially on ARC Gpus where its almost or even as good as DLSS.

in the next 5 years intel will take amds place. and amd will reside on 3rd spot for ever. because they cant get their shit together. all they do is copy nvidia in bad, while nvidia is the driving force of innovation since decades, whetever you like it or not.

what you get now with nvidia is far cry fromwhat you get with amd . when will amd reach ada performance and features in 2026 or 2028? nvidia then will be also a lot further away. they cant catch up because nvidia is never resting like intel did in their lazy years. but intel has the potential to because budget and manpower is there and knowledge too.
You assume your card will last 4 years.

Come back in 4 years to provide evidence please.

Can I leave you my DOB, place of birth and can you give me a reading on if I will be a billionaire by 60?

You seem a good fortune teller.

Thank you.

Processor Ryzen 7 7900x
Memory 2x32GB 6600
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro
In fact, I don't worry about where will be AMD after 5 years, but Nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.