• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

crazycajun

hello guys, im new on this forum, i have tried with the last 359.06 and the job is done! got only one little problem, i run W7 x64 2x gigabyte 660 OC 2gb on motherborad certificated CROSSFIRE (non SLi) ga 970a ud3, i got artifacts and the pc freeze, any suggestion?

tried with 358.9 same problem, artifacts and freeze, tried one at time and no problem, 2 at time (sli off) no problem, SLI ON artifacts in browser, game but not desktop.

sry for my bad english

crazycajun

hello guys, im new on this forum, i have tried with the last 359.06 and the job is done! got only one little problem, i run W7 x64 2x gigabyte 660 OC 2gb on motherborad certificated CROSSFIRE (non SLi) ga 970a ud3, i got artifacts and the pc freeze, any suggestion?

tried with 358.9 same problem, artifacts and freeze, tried one at time and no problem, 2 at time (sli off) no problem, SLI ON artifacts in browser, game but not desktop.

sry for my bad english

SOLVED! intalled HYPERSLI 1.1 after differentsliauto 1.3.1

Pervy

It works already.

Hey Ember after running install.cmd and restarting my PC all of a sudden my PC doesn't detect any of my hard drives. I ran a command in cmd to disable test mode and see if it would fix it but it didn't. Also I still wasn't able to patch and enable SLI after running install.cmd so what's wrong? Can you help?

System Name The Beast
Processor Intel C2Q Xeon X3380 @ 4.275ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-USB3.0
Cooling Corsair H100 with 4x120x120 fans
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2300
Video Card(s) Gainward 2xGTX660ti 3GB OC SLI
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / WD SATAII 1TB / Seagate Barracuda SATAII 320GB / Maxtor SATAI 120GB
Display(s) Dell 27"
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Mobo's built-in chip
Power Supply CORSAIR HX620W MODULAR
Software Windows 8 Pro X64
Guys where can I download the latest version of differentsli ? Any help appreciated!

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
hello guys, can i connect sli at gtx 970 & gtx 470?
i know about WDM 2.0(970) and WDDM 1.3(470) mode on win 10 x64... but driver version 358.50 works good on this 2 cards(screenshot here). other drivers are not works
i tryed connect sli by instruction with 358.50... and after i get blue screen... "trouble nvlddmkm.sys"
can any one help me??

Hi Neo, you cannot SLI those two cards as they are from different architectures.

Hi@all,

I cant get the Patch Working. Please help me.
I get a error message that there are 3 certifikate found. I sould use "/a" command to choose the Certificate.

How can I edid the patcher to solve the error.

I had it working but after a Driver update it stopped Working. I Delete the sli Certificate in cert Manager. To reinstall the sli Patch. With the Error mentioned.

I need your help.

Thank you.

Hi

Same problem here.

In Win 7 no problem, but in win 10 with 3 TITAN X on supermicro motherboard Its fail.

I folow:

1. Disable UAC
2. Disable Virus software
3. Delete old Differentsli folder.
3. Open "run" certmgr.msc, delete all differentsliauto certs.
4. Boot into safe mode, run DDU, Display driver uninstaller.
5. After reboot run reg cleaner and ccleaner.
6. Install NVIDIA drivers clean install. reboot
7. Extract Differentsliauto 1.3.1
8. DISABLE graphics cards indevice manager
9. Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" into the DifferentSLI folder.
10. Run DifferentSLIAuto.exe and patch file
11. Reboot In Safe Mode.
12. Right click .install, edit. delete
"net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin."
13. Run Install.cmd
14. REBOOT
15. ENABLE graphics cards
16. REBOOT
17. Enable Sli in Nvidia control panel.
18. Enable UAC/ Virus Software, Reboot

I get this error in safe mod:

And then affer reboot / re activate the GPU's / reboot again:
The Sli function doesn t show up on the control panel :(

any idea ?

@DJDan clear all DifferentSLIAuto certificates out of the certificate store by following this post: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/page-54#post-3215633
You don't need to clear the certificate each time you are upgrading the drivers, just once when you first run the installer. This will remove any duplicate certificate errors.

@mosie I was under the impression that Windows 10 used the driver named "nvlddmkm2.sys" If this is the case:
1. Delete the extra nvlddmkm.sys that is in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\
2. Copy unpatched nvlddmkm2.sys to the DifferentSLIAuto folder and do not rename it.
3. Patch and install as normal again without renaming it. Both the patcher and installer should pick up your file named "nvlddmkm2.sys" and use that to install. If not, there is some issue with the batch script.

Thank you Ember,

I did the Delete of all Certificate in certManager. There is just one.

But the Patcher still tells me there are 3 found that Match the creteria.

How can I tell the Patcher wich one to choose ?

The Patcher says i should use /a command or the Hash of the Certificate i like to use.

Thank you.

Kind regards

@Ember:

I have try but a second nvlddmkm.sys is not present.

I don t know what can I doo to make it worck !

Maybe need a new patch version for win 10.

marth141

Hey so... I wanted to post this in case anyone else was having trouble with it.

DUAL MONITORS CRASHED MY DISPLAY DRIVER, NOW WINDOWS WON'T BOOT

If you have nVidia's settings set up to "Maximize 3D Performance" and plug in a second monitor, it'll crash the nVidia driver. This becomes the biggest mess you'll run into if you were completely unaware. I'm posting this guide to help anyone else who has ran into the same issue. Basically what I did to solve this.

So you just plugged in a second monitor and killed your computer. Windows won't boot. You're a little fucked. If you're reading this from your phone, congratulations. Let me help you out because I've been frustrated over this for the last week.

1. Don't panic. You can fix this. It'll just take a while. If you're on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7 you should be fine following this guide.

Steps to get restored and fixed if your display driver died and Windows will now no longer boot.

1. Somehow acquire DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and a registry search program. I happened to be using http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/regscanner.html (RegScanner). If you do not have them, don't worry about it. Proceed to step 2.

2. Reboot into safe mode (or safe mode with networking if you don't have DDU and RegScanner). This might be harder than it looks, especially on Windows 10. Just after your computer displays it's POST screen (BIOS screen) be sure to be mashing F8 or shift+F8 (on Windows 10). Look up how to boot into safe mode for your operating system, I personally was using Windows 10. Go ahead and get yourself DDU and RegScanner at this time. Run DDU. Make sure to click the the option about Windows automatically installing drivers. You don't want windows to do that. Go ahead and run DDU and either CLEAN AND REBOOT or CLEAN AND SHUT DOWN.

3. At this point you should be able to begin using your computer normally again and there is no more need for you to be in Safe Mode. If you decide to continue in Safe Mode, that should be fine.

4. Uninstall DifferentSLIAuto. Please follow the guide http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/page-54#post-3215633 here. This is where RegScanner comes in handy.

5. Use the Certification Manager provided by DifferentSLIAuto to remove the DifferentSLIAuto certification. You'll need to run it as an administrator.

6. Use RegScanner to search ONLY FOR KEYS, not Data, not Values, only KEYS for "DifferentSLIAuto" you may only find one, however if you find more, get rid of them. Delete all of them.

7. If you haven't already reinstalled your display driver, go ahead and reboot then reinstall your display driver. If you have already reinstalled your display driver, remove it again. At this point DifferentSLIAuto should be uninstalled and no longer relevant.

8. Once your display driver is reinstalled, proceed with the steps to reinstall DifferentSLIAuto. Chances are it may not have reinstalled properly. If you read that the patched file was not able to copy successfully, take the file from the DifferentSLIAuto folder (don't worry, it created a backup, hence why you have .bak file) and just copy that into the /system32/drivers folder from before. If the file is already being used by something else, you'll have to reboot into Safe Mode and do this.

9. Once you've rebooted, your computer should have its hacked SLI configuration going again.

I hope this helps anyone who has been having the same trouble I've been having!

Further Information, my system is as follows.

Motherboard: ASRock Fatality 990FX
Processor: AMD Phenom II 1100t Black Edition
RAM: 8GBs
GPU1: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 560 1GB
GPU2: Galaxy GTX 560 2GB

If you have any trouble with your system configuration, I'm not entirely sure how to help you from this point. My only suggestion is that you might have to completely reinstall Windows. If you upgraded to Windows 10 from any previous version of Windows, you might have call Microsoft to get Windows 10 activated. If you happen to be on the phone with Microsoft, make sure they give you the new product key for Windows 10. If you don't get it, but got Windows 10 activated, use http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html to get your product key. I recommend writing it down and filing it away or storing it on some sort of cloud storage (which might be a bad idea, but do store the product key somewhere).

And remember...

Disable SLI in nVidia Control Panel before you plug in a second monitor into your computer.

Last edited:

Cactusmatt

Hey Guys, thanks for all the hard work you are doing in this.. I'm having a little issue of my own..

I have two identical Zotac 970's (Standard version). I'm using an Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN 3 motherboard. I'm using Windows 8.1. I installed the card and cleared out all the drivers and installed the latest 361.43 Drivers. After the cards both being detected I got the "SLI connector Missing" message which led me here.

After installing all the work arounds that you guys worked so hard on everything worked great. My frame rates went thru the roof and system was SLI and stable. However it seemed to break every HDCP compliant program I have. I use the old Media Center for watching TV thru my HDHomerun Prime and I'm guessing because of the modified nvlddmkm.sys file it's not seeing everything it likes. Is it just a matter of juggling the certificates for it to consider the driver "normal"? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Matt

tfrooo1989

Hello,

I want to use 2 gtx770s in SLI ( my mobo is not SLI compatible, just crossfire ... ) but I have 1 PCIe X16, the other is PCIe X4. Can I use differentSli if I have this setup ? Thanks for your time

Hello,

I want to use 2 gtx770s in SLI ( my mobo is not SLI compatible, just crossfire ... ) but I have 1 PCIe X16, the other is PCIe X4. Can I use differentSli if I have this setup ? Thanks for your time

Whats your motherboard model? If theres room yes the x16 can work on the x4 slot and yes this driver will give any board sli capabilities.

Death magnet

Hello.

I cannot seem to get the program to run correctly. I have a Dell Precision T5500 with x2 Quadro 4000. I get this error when i run the program.

Code:
[E] : Could not find "nvlddmkm.sys" or "nvlddmkm2.sys," please place it in the patcher directory.
[E] : Could not find "nvlddmkm.sys" or "nvlddmkm2.sys," please place it in the patcher directory.

I am running window XP professional 64 bit and i am running program as admin as instructions state.

Thanks.

Hello.

I cannot seem to get the program to run correctly. I have a Dell Precision T5500 with x2 Quadro 4000. I get this error when i run the program.

Code:

I am running window XP professional 64 bit and i am running program as admin as instructions state.

Thanks.
Ok.. so got the install to work but SLI doesnt show on control panel

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.. so got the install to work but SLI doesnt show on control panel

really? windows xp 64bit? lol t5500 is awesome I love dell precision i have an old 530 with dual Gelatin 3ghz hyperthreaded xeons... and my current t7500

Which I successfully enabled 3-way sli and even Quad-SLI with dual GTX 460 2Win's ... Win 7 x64 makes it a breeze...

Try this ... step 1) DDU Fresh uninstall safemode (step 2 ) install fresh latest nvidia winxp64 whatever is compatible with differentsliauto patcher (step 3) restart after fresh latest nvidia installed (step 4) make sure the driver is working you know full res etc (step 5) download DSEO Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (step 6) copy nvlddmkm.sys from c:\windows\system32\ to patcher directory differentsliauto (step 7) patch then copy back to c:\windows\system32 overwriting old (step 8) DSEO enable test mode, sign a system file c:\windows\system32\nvlddmkm.sys *complete* (step 9) restart (step 10) open nvidia control panel .. enable sli :D

Death magnet

really? windows xp 64bit?

xp...ya no... stupid me..windows 7... i am..if you cannot tell...a bit of a noob.. Whats DDU Fresh?

I have the latest Nvidia drivers....version 354.56 and drivers have been working fine for some time.

DSEO Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider...i assume this is some other software? CNET Download maybe?

So step 7...the new file nviddmkm.sys differentsliauto creates i need to put in place of the nviddmkm.sys that is in the drivers file?

Thanks for your input.

xp...ya no...
lmao Good ... XP I was like daaaamn haha
DDU is Display Driver Uninstaller... Majorgeeks download...http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/display_driver_uninstaller.html
DSEO never download from CNET... just as an fyi .. DSEO (might say suspicious by virus scanner its okay ignore its not suspicious) http://www.ngohq.com/?page=dseo
After DDU in safemode.. DDU uninstalls all nvidia... restart... might have to restart once... then install latest nvidia.. restart.......then make sure the driver is installed open nvidia control panel for shits and giggles.... Then copy the file nvlddmkm.sys from c:\windows\system32 to the Patcher DIRECTORY ROOT... Which u then PATCH the nvlddmkm.sys... it should succeed..... Then COPY nvlddmkm.sys which you just PATCHED back to c:\windows\system32\ and overwrite.....>>> Then DSEO it up bruh ... Enable Test Mode.. Sign a System file bruh... C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvlddmkm.sys ... SIGN SUCCESSFUL... RESTART ... GOOD TO GO..>>> Check nvidia control panel for SLI .. :D

Well lets share my issue on windows 10 !

With the same hardware, DifferentSLI patch worck perfectly and direcly on windows 7 in MBR partition.

Cause now I'm desperate.

-I have try with fresh instal 64 BUILD 10240 and 10576 in English in GPT UEFI.
-I try with normal account and with hide admin account.
-UAC off
-Boot into safe mode, run DDU, Display driver uninstaller.
-I always disable by regedit, Windows defender and activate TEST MOD (Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Mode).
-I do it with the DifferentSLIAuto1.3.1 from Github.

And try with NVIDIA driver: 361.43 and 359.06

I always follow:

1. Disable UAC
2. Disable Virus software by regedit
3. Delete old Differentsli folder. (not nessesary if windows fresh instal)
4.Activate by regedit TEST MOD (Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Mode).
5. Open "run" certmgr.msc, delete all differentsliauto certs. (not nessesary if windows fresh instal)
6. Boot into safe mode, run DDU, Display driver uninstaller.
7. After reboot run reg cleaner and ccleaner.
8. Install NVIDIA drivers clean install. reboot
9. Extract Differentsliauto 1.3.1
10. DISABLE graphics cards in device manager
11. Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" into the DifferentSLI folder.
12. Run DifferentSLIAuto.exe and patch file
13. Reboot In Safe Mode with networck (shift reboot... )
14. Edit the Install.cmd text and delet this 2 ligne:
"net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin."

15. Run Install.cmd
16. REBOOT
17. ENABLE graphics cards
18. REBOOT
19. Enable Sli in Nvidia control panel. If you don t see the sli option, its fail somewhere !

The patch file look OK

But I get that on safe mod with network after launch Install.cmd:

Certutil look fail !

And in system:

The signature look ok.

The system don t use an nvlddmkm2.sys

I have try a ton of different way but its always fail.
Possible problem caused by windows 10 installed on GPT and UEFI bios activate.

We need a sure and strong protocol and patch for windows 10!

If someone have successes patch it on windows 10, can share in detail is way ...

PLEASE HELP !

EDIT:
I have test with windows 7 fresh instal on a GPT UEFI partition. and differentsli fail to, every think look great but I never get the sli option like before in MBR partition with UEFI activate on bios.
With my actual storage system I can t go back on MBR :(

EDIT2:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD !!!

On windows 7 after patch every thing well, I can t get le sli option in nvidia control panel.
I have try somthing:
Run the OLD antic patch HYPERSLI (HyperSLI_1.0) for emulate a new booting files.
And directly after use it and reboot, the SLI option Is here !!!

I m going to try on windows 10, and I hope the windows 10 boot can be emulate to by this old HYPERSLI patch.

EDIT3:
HyperSLI_1.0 can be launch from win10, but the new boot entries created can t be run, and at the boot device we get a reboot :(

If we can do the same things this HyperSLI_1.0 do too the windows 7 on windows 10, its can solve the problem.

One of the possible problem its can be the fact i m run in UEFI only BIOS mod, and pure GPT for EFI system partition.
before with the same hardware, and with the same win 7 system on classic MBR, the patch worck easy and well.
But now I have migrate the same windows 7 with GPT for UEFI partition, and without patch differantsli with hypersli next, its can t work.
I think I get the same problem on windows 10.

I think the nvidia driver work differently when UEFI only mod is enable in bios OR with GPT partition. and for patch it its should be different.

Last edited:
System Name My Machine
Processor i7 3770K @ 3.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Air (9 Chassis fans)
Memory 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Primary: Asus Gtx 660
Storage Samsung 840 Pro
Display(s) HP1221
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply 1000w
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm going to try this tonight with a GTX 650ti (non-sli enabled card) and a GTX 660.

Fingers crossed this works.

Update: It works beautifully!

My 3DMark11 results are as follows:
Single GTX660 : 6700

Cards running in SLI: 8400

I am rounding these because I closed the results window before I wrote them down. But these are almost exactly the numbers I got. FANTASTIC!!

Last edited:
Can anybody rehost the original drivers please? The links are dead and I need the originals. The patches aren't working for what I wanna do.

296.10 Windows Vista&7 x64
301.42 Windows Vista&7 x64
310.70 Windows Vista&7 x64
314.22 Windows Vista&7 x64
320.18 Windows Vista&7 x64

System Name MyPc
Processor i5 3.10GHz
Motherboard ASUSTek P877-V LK
Memory 32GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) ASUS 8800 GTS SLi EVGA 8800 GTS
Storage 2 256 SSD's, 2 2 TB Seagates
Problem with dual monitors. Ran the driver install but it would not work with the two monitors. Output to only one and looked terrible. I reset back to the original configuration. May try again if I can get some more information. Running 2 8800's (ASUS 8800 GTS SLi and EVGA 8800 GTS), no go.

aQi

oh wait....this is great BUT isnt direct x12 be enabling support for all these hacks? like combining ATI with NV ??? and different architect cards?