• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

JacobDrivers

Is this in reply to me? If you could help me with the settings of this driver, I would really appreciate it! My motherboard/audio hardware is on my previous post. What should I choose to install and etc? What are the most optimal settings for 5.1 surround sound? I have a center, sub-woofer, left/right front and back speakers - All hooked up to the correct audio ports. (Bass is in bass, center is in center, audio is in audio).

I've currently installed the files from here https://github.com/AlanFinotty/AAFRealtekMod/releases - I trust it, not sure what exactly I should be setting the settings.

Last edited:

JacobDrivers

I fixed my problems with the drivers! I am using https://github.com/AlanFinotty/AAFDCHDriverMod/releases - I don't know much about sound/audio drivers and the like, but I am using 5.1 ANALOG, so, that means I guess I do not need the DTS parts of the suite/tools. That and enabling the developer mode for the new API/Window store apps seemed to work just fine! Posting this in case anyone has the same issues.

The only issues I have now are - What is the best Sound Blaster program to choose to install? What are the best settings for a user who games/listens to music (Spotify) and watches videos? A lot of questions! Thank you all for helping, and making this!

I fixed my problems with the drivers! I am using https://github.com/AlanFinotty/AAFDCHDriverMod/releases - I don't know much about sound/audio drivers and the like, but I am using 5.1 ANALOG, so, that means I guess I do not need the DTS parts of the suite/tools. That and enabling the developer mode for the new API/Window store apps seemed to work just fine! Posting this in case anyone has the same issues.

The only issues I have now are - What is the best Sound Blaster program to choose to install? What are the best settings for a user who games/listens to music (Spotify) and watches videos? A lot of questions! Thank you all for helping, and making this!

Hmm, I'd say either the old MB1/2/3 or x720 with 3D mode in "Neutral Music"

root7hk

help please i am trying to install this mod
and this error is displayed
error.jpg

i try to install realtek uad + dts x ultra
what is the error

dts.jpg

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
does this support Realtek USB Audio ALC4082 ?

no.

Realtek USB (ALC4082) audio uses an entirely different "interface" (and drivers) than the standard Realtek HD audio chipsets like ALC662, ALC892, ALC897 etc.

jcags

Hello, Dj Urko. Is it possible to add support for ALC3246?

ID seems to be HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_10280798

Last edited:
You have an ALC256 by the look of it, not heard of AL3246 (2030?), Can I borrow your time machine, just kidding. Just edit the .inf files to this universal one:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC

jcags

You have an ALC256 by the look of it, not heard of AL3246 (2030?), Can I borrow your time machine, just kidding. Just edit the .inf files to this universal one:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried what you said but it stopped apps from recognizing my card, I even tried putting my hardware ID but to no avail. When installing this driver without any modifications to inf files, sound works fine but some apps like DTS and Dolby Home Theater don't seem to do anything.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about that driver pack to suggest what to do, sounds like the FX keys are missing, or older drivers still remain, I am not sure.
The 'HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC' certainly works, it should have no effect on apps detecting your device. The driver might not be suitable.

System Name Windows 10 Home Latest
Processor Intel Core i5-4210m
Motherboard Fujitsu AH544 Laptop
Cooling -
Memory 8GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics 4600
Storage Verbatim 512GB Vi550 S3 SSD
Display(s) Built In Monitor
Case -
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC269, Steelseries USB Soundcard v2
Power Supply -
Mouse Roccat Kone EMP, Logitech G903
Keyboard VPRO V550
VR HMD -
Software -
Benchmark Scores -
I really need a custom driver work on alc269, many drivers like AAF Driver Mod not working on my laptop so I really need one to work on my laptop.

Also, I have been found some, but, one of them hack my account and not end yet :(
Laptop: Fujitsu AH544

Last edited by a moderator:

Toan

Hi, sorry to re-open an old thread but I have some questions. I have a very annoying crackling and lag with realtek audio driver on my laptop ideapad 700. I have tried to install the latest version from Lenovo many times, obtaining always an increasing crackling and problems. I notice the possibility to use modded drivers, but I have no information on how to use it. Drivers modded by Dj Urko and Alan Finotti (if I understood correctly) can help me? I have only dolby audio as additional "application", I need all the others?
Thank you

I really need a custom driver work on alc269, many drivers like AAF Driver Mod not working on my laptop so I really need one to work on my laptop.

Also, I have been found some, but, one of them hack my account and not end yet :(
Laptop: Fujitsu AH544
try installing any of the custom audio drivers, then install APO Driver, then within APO Driver select the active audio interface on top, then select from product catalog either dolby digital plus, or dolby digital theater v4. You likely have to reboot to get it working.

This gives you at least some enhanced sounds even if the rest of the sound software doesnt work.

Hello fellas can someone tell me how to get thx pro studio on windows 10 I had it on windows 7 I like the Bass it gives off and just sounds better any help would be appreciated

System Name Windows 10 Home Latest
Processor Intel Core i5-4210m
Motherboard Fujitsu AH544 Laptop
Cooling -
Memory 8GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics 4600
Storage Verbatim 512GB Vi550 S3 SSD
Display(s) Built In Monitor
Case -
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC269, Steelseries USB Soundcard v2
Power Supply -
Mouse Roccat Kone EMP, Logitech G903
Keyboard VPRO V550
VR HMD -
Software -
Benchmark Scores -
try installing any of the custom audio drivers, then install APO Driver, then within APO Driver select the active audio interface on top, then select from product catalog either dolby digital plus, or dolby digital theater v4. You likely have to reboot to get it working.

This gives you at least some enhanced sounds even if the rest of the sound software doesnt work.
yes but seems apo driver have impact with other soundcard that not seleted

PooPooPod

Hi, just curious what the difference between this and Realtek DCH Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10 is? I've tried the AF one and it doesn't seem to run on my laptop, so I might give this one a go instead.

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
The last drive is issue with "exclusive mode" (i guess ) Allow Exclusive Acces is already disabled
-i can't hear game when i'm on discord call (and vice versa)
i need to reset audio device to work propertly
1635549898477.png
1635549967767.png

Toan

Hi, I tried to install custom driver, but seems that the volume is now decreased and dolby and DTS are not working. I follow the instructions in the first post and in the download link, is there something I missed? Thank you