• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

This Week in Gaming (Week 18)

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
As we go from April to May, we have something of a void of new game releases, with the biggest release being a game that puts you in charge of a factory. As for the rest of this coming week's releases, you can look forward to doing some farming, working as a detective, cosplaying as an alien, working in a lab and finishing the week in office with a party royale.

Foundry / This week's major release / Thursday 2 May / Early Access
Foundry is a first-person (first-robot?) factory builder with complete creative freedom set in a procedurally generated and infinite voxel world. Land on an unexplored planet and design a giant automated robot production facility under the watchful direction of your AI friend, Carl. Steam Link

Echoes of the Plum Grove / Monday 29 April
A new life awaits in Honeywood! Build a thriving community that will last generations in this cozy farm simulator. Farm, socialize, make friends, cook, craft, forage and uncover the secrets of the island! If someone doesn't want to be friends? There are always other means. Steam Link

Let Bions Be Bygones / Tuesday 30 April
Having lost everything, a retired, hardboiled detective, John Cooper, must take his last case to find a missing upper-class girl among the lowest parts of the dystopian city-planet Terrahive. Choose your unique path in this atmospheric narrative future-noir thriller. Steam Link

Exodition / Wednesday 1 May / Early Access
You are Kilok, a young Krah, living with the rest of his dying species down at the very bottom of a giant megacity. There - everything is overgrown, rusted down and pested. The bosses of the city, which are living in the higher areas are another species - the Lorus who ambush your tribe repeatedly. So you have to get your way up to the top of the skyscrapers and it is a deadly way. Steam Link

Undead Inc. / Thursday 2 May
Undead Inc. is a high-risk, high-reward resource management simulator where you establish and manage a local subsidiary of the Endswell Medical Corporation. Build, manage staff, conduct research, and trade in both cutting edge medical treatments and bleeding edge bioweapons. Steam Link

Seal: What the Fun / Friday 3 May / Early Access
"Seal: What the Fun" is an omniverse multiplayer party royale game that allows up to 20 players to enjoy a range of compact plays in 10 minutes. Players can customize their characters with variety of effects and features, making the game more interactive and unpredictable. Steam Link

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Spent last 2 days watching Fan throated lizards in their mating season display. Now I am totaly drained due to heat and sweating leading to dehydration. No games for me this weekend, will be spending sunday recovering and resting.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Does anyone with Factorio/Satisfactory experience have time with Foundry? Looks like it could be great or awful from the video...

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
Spent last 2 days watching Fan throated lizards in their mating season display. Now I am totaly drained due to heat and sweating leading to dehydration. No games for me this weekend, will be spending sunday recovering and resting.
Still a bit of snow on the ground here. A few more days and ice should be melted off the lakes. Oh, look it's snowing...............just barely though.

Does anyone with Factorio/Satisfactory experience have time with Foundry? Looks like it could be great or awful from the video...
Son has a ton of hours on satisfactory, but first time I heard of Foundry though, so not yet.

Still a bit of snow on the ground here. A few more days and ice should be melted off the lakes. Oh, look it's snowing...............just barely though.
One of the herpers who joined me this week is from Austria and he said it felt refreshing in hotter climate though for us here in India this years summer has been the worst one on record(in terms of heatwaves and lack of premonsoon showers). I am not turning on my PC much these days as the heat from PC is making things even more unbearable.

Processor 5800X3D -30 CO
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling DeepCool Assassin III
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V @ 3800 CL14
Video Card(s) ASRock MBA 7900XTX
Storage 1TB WD SN850X + 1TB ADATA SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell S2721QS 4K60
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced USB 3.0
Audio Device(s) Audiotrak Prodigy Cube Black (JRC MUSES 8820D) + CAL (recabled)
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750
Mouse Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave
Keyboard Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave
Software Windows 10 Pro
Let Bions be Bygones looks very promising to me. An adventure with dialogue options, branching paths and multiple endings, with a noir theme, set in a cyberpunk pixel art world? Yes, please!

I'll also check out Exodition. Primarily done by one guy, this title gives me strong Oddworld vibes. Oddyssey and Exoddus were some of my favorite cinematic platformers. Grim, original, and hard as hell -- but saving all of your kin felt really satisfying.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
One of the herpers who joined me this week is from Austria and he said it felt refreshing in hotter climate though for us here in India this years summer has been the worst one on record(in terms of heatwaves and lack of premonsoon showers). I am not turning on my PC much these days as the heat from PC is making things even more unbearable.
I have a few coworkers that go back home (India) and they are saying same thing, hot and no rain. Hopefully the monsoons cool things off and don't cause excessive flooding.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
The first 4 of these games seem wishlist-worthy to me. I've got too much of a backlog to buy any of them right now, tough.