• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Watermarked image on a site, seems not to be on the photo? Transparent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name myPC
Processor i5-11600k @ stock
Motherboard Asus TUF Z590 Gaming Plus
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 3060 ti
Storage Boot: WD Black SN770 1TB - Game Storage: WD Black SN770 2TB - Other Storage: 4TB
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 curved 27" 1440p 144hz
Case Thermaltake v100 perforated
Audio Device(s) Some headphones and some speakers
Power Supply Gigabyte UD750GM
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Redragon K509
Software W11 Pro
No. Looks like it is a picture of a physical photo, the only online copy of which has the watermark. It would be a violation of copyright law to remove the watermark and use the image without permission.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
It would be a violation of copyright law to remove the watermark and use the image without permission.
While technically correct, if all you want to do with it is strictly for personal use, like as a desktop wallpaper on your own personal computer, then you normally don't have anything to worry about from a legal standpoint. HOWEVER, were you to share the altered, non-watermarked version with ANYONE, ANYWHERE, FOR ANY REASON, you could get yourself into heapin hoppin pile of doggity poo :D

It was for personal use. But to be honest this photo is released but in worse quality so i doubt them own the copyright. It was not any option to buy it on the site either. If you make the photo lager you will notice that there will be more logos. I there before thought it was a transparent logo that shows on the photo.

System Name myPC
Processor i5-11600k @ stock
Motherboard Asus TUF Z590 Gaming Plus
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 3060 ti
Storage Boot: WD Black SN770 1TB - Game Storage: WD Black SN770 2TB - Other Storage: 4TB
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 curved 27" 1440p 144hz
Case Thermaltake v100 perforated
Audio Device(s) Some headphones and some speakers
Power Supply Gigabyte UD750GM
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Redragon K509
Software W11 Pro
It was for personal use. But to be honest this photo is released but in worse quality so i doubt them own the copyright.
I don't know why you would think that.

It was not any option to buy it on the site either. If you make the photo lager you will notice that there will be more logos. I there before thought it was a transparent logo that shows on the photo.
Because it isn't for sale? It's a physical photo. They don't want to license copies. That's their right.

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quoted from the site's web page and it states under the rights section:
Title Jerry Lee Lewis Performing Live
Subject Lewis, Jerry Lee
Piano
Description Black-and-white print of Jerry Lee Lewis playing a piano during a live performance.
Date 1958
Format
black-and-white prints
photographic prints
Dimensions 12.7 x 17.78 cm
Relation Country Music Hall of Fame Inductee
Collection General Collection
Rights This item is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The item may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed without permission. End users must obtain all required permissions or consents from the owners of such rights. For additional information, contact photos@countrymusichalloffame.org.
Identifier
General_LewisJerryLee_Live_1958MMDD_print_01
Box Number

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.