• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Well, build log, profession advancement... The works I guess!! :) Complete and Total Overkill part 3!!

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
I thought as well and whilst I remember, since there are a few audio people around us, I thought I'd upload a few pics of the front room change that's gone on over the last month or so too :) Aside from the massive amount of my daughter toys that needed to go elsewhere and for a lot to be removed cos we could barely see the front room floor (thanks to Sophia and the Mrs's for that..... not!! :laugh: ) we can hopefully see a bit more... Although it seems to be a thing that we want less room in the living room and no spare floor space... Umm..... Not sure there's logic there at all but hey.....

Here's a few shots of the after, the before pictures for me are just too depressing :laugh: :cry: Here's some carefully taken before pics lol We had a move around in the front room was we had a couple more famous Ikea bookshelves put together and such, so we had some more spaces for our films and for the girls books :)

20220405_144008.jpg 20220405_144812.jpg 20220405_160421.jpg

And here we go with a few during shots of what was going on....

20220405_124834.jpg 20220405_132929.jpg 20220405_180829.jpg 20220406_003317.jpg 20220406_011130.jpg 20220406_011703.jpg20220406_015208.jpg

I was attempting to make the cables and the many that there are, as neat and tidy as possible. I think for staying up till about 230am it was as good as it was going to get lol So here's a few 'finished' shots :)

20220405_190436.jpg 20220406_014833.jpg 20220413_144900.jpg

All I need to really do now is upgrade the Linn pre/power system and the Yamaha processor for he surround sound side of things and we should be good to go! I think its amazing that the kit has survived 20 years and I can't imagine how many moves I've made all over the country with various relationships not working out but I'm just so happy it works :) True testament to buying good kit and it lasting I think :) The main rush now for the upgrade would be the new Xbox Series X, it doesn't have a simple optical out on it, so everything is HDMI (so frustrating...) so as and when I can find what I'm after to replace the kit and probably grab a 4k TV to go with (still rocking my Samsung 3D 1080P Plasma TV!! bought I think in late 2010/very early 2011 can't remember 100%) its possibly due a change :) The only problem I have is that its very much still working and working well, so... Not yet :D

Well think that's it for the moment, nothing yet to update everyone on........... :D Thank you all for stopping by :)

I thought as well and whilst I remember, since there are a few audio people around us, I thought I'd upload a few pics of the front room change that's gone on over the last month or so too :) Aside from the massive amount of my daughter toys that needed to go elsewhere and for a lot to be removed cos we could barely see the front room floor (thanks to Sophia and the Mrs's for that..... not!! :laugh: ) we can hopefully see a bit more... Although it seems to be a thing that we want less room in the living room and no spare floor space... Umm..... Not sure there's logic there at all but hey.....

Here's a few shots of the after, the before pictures for me are just too depressing :laugh: :cry: Here's some carefully taken before pics lol We had a move around in the front room was we had a couple more famous Ikea bookshelves put together and such, so we had some more spaces for our films and for the girls books :)

View attachment 247944 View attachment 247945 View attachment 247946

And here we go with a few during shots of what was going on....

View attachment 247942 View attachment 247943 View attachment 247947 View attachment 247949 View attachment 247950 View attachment 247951View attachment 247953

I was attempting to make the cables and the many that there are, as neat and tidy as possible. I think for staying up till about 230am it was as good as it was going to get lol So here's a few 'finished' shots :)

View attachment 247948 View attachment 247952 View attachment 247959

All I need to really do now is upgrade the Linn pre/power system and the Yamaha processor for he surround sound side of things and we should be good to go! I think its amazing that the kit has survived 20 years and I can't imagine how many moves I've made all over the country with various relationships not working out but I'm just so happy it works :) True testament to buying good kit and it lasting I think :) The main rush now for the upgrade would be the new Xbox Series X, it doesn't have a simple optical out on it, so everything is HDMI (so frustrating...) so as and when I can find what I'm after to replace the kit and probably grab a 4k TV to go with (still rocking my Samsung 3D 1080P Plasma TV!! bought I think in late 2010/very early 2011 can't remember 100%) its possibly due a change :) The only problem I have is that its very much still working and working well, so... Not yet :D

Well think that's it for the moment, nothing yet to update everyone on........... :D Thank you all for stopping by :)
That is an impressive audio system!

System Name Main W10
Processor i7 2700K
Motherboard Gig Z77 HD4
Cooling Xigmatech Tower Cooler
Memory 16 GB G-Skill 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 1080ti 11GB
Storage WD Gold 2 TB HD
Display(s) Acer 27" 1440P
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element DAC/AMP
Power Supply Rosewill Hive 650 watt
Mouse MX 518
Keyboard Cherry 3000 with Blues
You know I'm all about the "Audio". Very nice set-up!
These days I only have a Yamaha big receiver(2008) and a nice set of Paradigm Monitor 3 speakers. :rockout:

System Name Core
Processor Intel 12700k @ 5.0/4.0
Motherboard ASRock z690 Steel Legend
Cooling Artic Cooling Freezer 420 AiO
Memory GSkill 64GB 3200 cas 14 b die
Video Card(s) Asus Nvidia RTX 4070 Super OC
Storage Optane 900p x2, SK Hynix p41 Pro
Display(s) ACER 250hz 1080p 25" IPS display x2
Case Phanteks p500a with all Noctua Chromax/Arctic fans
Audio Device(s) Focusrite interface, Presonus Studio Monitors and Subwoofer
Power Supply Seasonic 850w plat with cable mod cables
Mouse Glorious Model O
Keyboard Corsair mech k65
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3dmark TimeSpy 20240-rtx 3090FE/12700k/Optane 3dmark TimeSpy 21862-rtx 4070Super/12700k/Optane
I spy a Yamaha receiver, I have one powering my subwoofers in my listening room. Not ideal, I know. but you gotta do what ya gotta do. At my workstation I have a Schiit DaC, Adcom amp powering some Kef q150s and a 10" Kef subwoofer. I listen there the most, hence the better equipment. Love this thread. Its full of hardware pron!

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
I spy a Yamaha receiver, I have one powering my subwoofers in my listening room. Not ideal, I know. but you gotta do what ya gotta do. At my workstation I have a Schiit DaC, Adcom amp powering some Kef q150s and a 10" Kef subwoofer. I listen there the most, hence the better equipment. Love this thread. Its full of hardware pron!
Thanks for the comments everyone, appreciated :)

The setup is a little older in the tooth than I'd like it to be but I'd love to get it upgraded. I'm pretty sure the Pre/Power Linn would go, the Yamaha would go and I'd probably go for an AV Amp over a setup like I have now, trying to get less cables and all the jazz would be amazing :) Needing 7 or 8 power plugs to have a TV on to watch something, possibly a little tooo much like overkill :D :laugh:

I'm glad I'm doing something right @jallenlabs !! :laugh:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well since I'm not having to get up for work in the morning and its a little late, I thought I'd put out a little update, more for the career side of things to be honest and a bit of how I'm doing as is :) (So to speak!)

As I'm still off with my broken leg issue, I've been pushing out a little more and trying to find another job to avoid having to go back to my current role. All this time off and not being able to do much aside from sit and sort through my server (which has been a great help!!) I've been wondering about things and thinking about how I feel and all that jazz.
The conclusion has been really that I've been that unhappy with my role where I'm currently too for too long and I've needed to get my butt in gear and to find something else. Currently the issue I've had more of a problem with is having to travel around the county to get to something that isn't really going to help when it comes to pay and time wasted in the car every day.

My reasoning for wishing to stay closer to home is so that I don't have to travel or being travelling for 2 to 3 hours a day plus being at work 8 till 5pm for example. Currently the 15 minutes I do travel when I cycle (aside from when breaking a leg, kinda slowed me down going home cycling with my broken leg lol) or drive which could take longer, I have been spoilt with. Having been at the company for nearly 12 years now, I've definitely become used to being in the car 10 minutes to get to and from work (well when I was on shift at least but still...) With my children as well, I don't wish to waste so much time in the car because its wasted time, I'm not paid for it and it means I spend so much less time with my girls.

I'm finding the more I think about my job, I just feel so unhappy with it and since the change when we 'merged' with another company, the whole company has gone down in 'a good place to work'. With all the changes and lack of direction/interest in staff and goodness knows else, I guess I'm just tired of it and I do honestly believe that my desire and want and passion as been, well, sucked out of me. With this, I'm really hoping I don't have to step back in the doors to it because I do feel and believe it'll just drag me down and I don't wish for that to be pushed on to my family either. I don't wish to ever be working in a place that makes me unhappy since you spend so much time at work, the last thing in the world you should ever be is unhappy about being there. I feel that goes for anyone, not just me.

I enjoyed being at work and wanted to be there before COVID and before the change, but with it all going on as it is right now its just become a place that I'd rather not be at. For the knowledge and experience I have had whilst working there, its been great and more so in the first 18 months of my role there, but after that, it's all just been such a disappointment to me.
I've applied for a few positions over the last week or so, so I'm hoping to hear something back that's positive that could hopefully start me on my new journey forward into my next position and step in my IT career.. I really do hope that I can move away from there.

On a slightly less depressing side of things, my home server... Upgrade or complete change... Thread linked to my project for reference as I'll get it spec'd up and then put a little build log together in this project thread :) Storage but how??

Thanks for reading :)

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
This is a great time to go looking. I know all to well that there's nothing worse than your career turning into a job. Best of luck finding something more fulfilling!
Keep the updates coming!

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well this thread definitely needs updating but not at 2am, so, I'll hopefully get some time tomorrow to update everyone on a few changes that have recently happened.......................

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well today seems a good day to update everyone a little bit....

Being that I have been with my company for nearly 12 years in October (I was with an agency for the first 14/15 months when I was first there) and I have now, managed to find another role that I have accepted and I'm very much looking forward to starting..

It's a bit of a step up, money is better, the rest of it will be hopefully better too. My last day for my current role is the 31st August and my start date for the new one is the 5th September. Very happy but a little nervous at the same time as I explained to the guys I was speaking with for the interviews, it would be a big change as being so long with one place, never been like it before. So... Here's hoping that we can get through the next few weeks without much stress or hassle and away we go :)

Feeling relieved with the new job, now just have to believe in myself and start the push for going even further.. Wonder what might be waiting for me, further down the line.....

Well today seems a good day to update everyone a little bit....

Being that I have been with my company for nearly 12 years in October (I was with an agency for the first 14/15 months when I was first there) and I have now, managed to find another role that I have accepted and I'm very much looking forward to starting..

It's a bit of a step up, money is better, the rest of it will be hopefully better too. My last day for my current role is the 31st August and my start date for the new one is the 5th September. Very happy but a little nervous at the same time as I explained to the guys I was speaking with for the interviews, it would be a big change as being so long with one place, never been like it before. So... Here's hoping that we can get through the next few weeks without much stress or hassle and away we go :)

Feeling relieved with the new job, now just have to believe in myself and start the push for going even further.. Wonder what might be waiting for me, further down the line.....
Changing jobs can be nerve-wracking. I've changed careers twice and it is never easy. Coming up on another in 19months. I feel you Phill!

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
System Name Nilin
Processor Ryzen 9 5800x
Motherboard Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi
Cooling Lian Li Galahad AIO 360
Memory G. Skill TridentZ Neo 32gb 3600Mhz CL16-16-16-36
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 3080
Storage Samsung Evo 960 250gb (System), Samsung Evo 860 500gb (Misc), Samsung 990 Pro 1Tb (Games)
Display(s) LG 27" UHD IPS, LG Ultragear 27" WQHD Nano IPS
Case InWin 303 (7x Fractal Prisma 120mm)
Power Supply Tt Toughpower Grand RGB 850W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 3
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/fs/21022952 (old system)
congrats! @phill :D a change every now and then might be crucial in life!
I hope you will keep on truckin' like you always do, sir! :peace:

System Name Core
Processor Intel 12700k @ 5.0/4.0
Motherboard ASRock z690 Steel Legend
Cooling Artic Cooling Freezer 420 AiO
Memory GSkill 64GB 3200 cas 14 b die
Video Card(s) Asus Nvidia RTX 4070 Super OC
Storage Optane 900p x2, SK Hynix p41 Pro
Display(s) ACER 250hz 1080p 25" IPS display x2
Case Phanteks p500a with all Noctua Chromax/Arctic fans
Audio Device(s) Focusrite interface, Presonus Studio Monitors and Subwoofer
Power Supply Seasonic 850w plat with cable mod cables
Mouse Glorious Model O
Keyboard Corsair mech k65
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3dmark TimeSpy 20240-rtx 3090FE/12700k/Optane 3dmark TimeSpy 21862-rtx 4070Super/12700k/Optane
Change is hard but necessary. I started out as a teacher for 14 years, owned my own tech business for 10 years after that. Now I have been in IT at a University for a year. I love it and think it was the right move for me. Good luck in your new adventure!

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Changing jobs can be nerve-wracking. I've changed careers twice and it is never easy. Coming up on another in 19months. I feel you Phill!
congrats! @phill :D a change every now and then might be crucial in life!
I hope you will keep on truckin' like you always do, sir! :peace:
Change is hard but necessary. I started out as a teacher for 14 years, owned my own tech business for 10 years after that. Now I have been in IT at a University for a year. I love it and think it was the right move for me. Good luck in your new adventure!
Thank you all for the mention and comments, very nice of you :)

@Lorec how have you been man!?!?! Everything going well??

@jallenlabs I definitely believe that I needed a change. I've been in the same IT position for the last near 5 years and nothing has really changed in that role for the last 3 years. I guess this is the problems with small teams, unless people leave or the unthinkable happens, nothing can really change.

Since the change in business I dunno, about 2019 or early 2020, its not gone well and with that in mind and I had my 2 years experience and I was looking. Now, I have been stuck and unable to get anywhere really. Until this position came up, I just thought, I need to try and limit my travelling and such and there's not masses around where I live so its been difficult to find something within the range I wished to try and stick with.. But, we have made that change, managed to cross that bridge and now is the time I try my little socks off to get myself further forward and hopefully pushed onwards with the company.

I've a few things I'd like to do with my IT career, getting a bigger house and a newer car are just a couple things but mostly, I just wish to be happy in my job and more so, pushing the limits of what I know and can do :) So hopefully, a few more updates for the thread are coming along, one happened today which is a good start...

Hope to see you back again soon for some more Phill craziness and madness!! :D

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well its not so much craziness, but just before I head to bed, new job starts when I wake up tomorrow.... Gonna be interesting!! :D :D Oh and I do have some crazy to show you all, so I hope I can get around to that as well tomorrow :D :D

System Name Tiny Tim / Chonker
Processor i5-9600k / i5-9500t / Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard HP Elitedesk 800 G5 Mini / HP Elitedesk 800 G4 65w / B450M-DS3H
Cooling Stock copper 65w rated / stock aluminum 35w rated / wraith spire
Memory 2x8gb Samsung DDR4-2666 / 2x 8gb Samsung DDR4-2400T / 2x8gb Team Group DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) Intel UHD 630 / Intel UHD 630 / Headless
Storage Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB / Samsung 750 EVO 120gb / Sandisk X400 120gb m.2 sata
Display(s) / RDP / RDP
Case Stock 1L case / Stock 1L Case / Bareback
Power Supply 130W external PSU / 130W external PSU / TFX 230W PSU
Mouse Corsair Katar Wireless
Keyboard Generic Dell Wireless
Software Windows 11 / Windows 11 / Windows 11
Good luck on your first day!

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
Have fun on your first day!!!

System Name 1.FortySe7en VR rig 2. intel teliscope rig 3.MSI GP72MVR Leopard Pro .E-52699, Xeon play thing
Processor 1.3900x @stock 2. i7 7700k @5. 3. i7 7700hq
Motherboard 1.aorus x570 ultra 2. z270 Maximus IX Hero,4 MR9A PRO ATX X99
Cooling 1.Hard tube loop, cpu and gpu 2. Hard loop cpu and gpu 4 360 AIO
Memory 1.Gskill neo @3600 32gb 2.hyperxfury 32gb @3000 3. 16gb hyperx @2400 4 64GB 2133 in quad channel
Video Card(s) 1.GIGABYTE RTX 3080 WaterForce WB 2. Aorus RTX2080 3. 1060 3gb. 4 Arc 770LE 16 gb
Storage 1 M.2 500gb , 2 3tb HDs 2. 256gb ssd, 3tbHD 3. 256 m.2. 1tb ssd 4. 2gb ssd
Display(s) 1.LG 50" UHD , 2 MSI Optix MAG342C UWHD. 3.17" 120 hz display 4. Acer Preditor 144hz 32inch.z
Case 1. Thermaltake P5 2. Thermaltake P3 4. some cheapo case that should not be named.
Audio Device(s) 1 Onboard 2 Onboard 3 Onboard 4. onboard.
Power Supply 1.seasonic gx 850w 2. seasonic gx 750w. 4 RM850w
Mouse 1 ROG Gladius 2 Corsair m65 pro
Keyboard 1. ROG Strix Flare 2. Corsair F75 RBG 3. steelseries RBG
VR HMD rift and rift S and Quest 2.
Software 1. win11 pro 2. win11 pro 3, win11 home 4 win11 pro
Benchmark Scores 1.7821 cb20 ,cb15 3442 1c 204 cpu-z 1c 539 12c 8847 2. 1106 cb 3.cb 970
all the best of luck bud.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Thanks everyone for the replies, apologies for not getting back online sooner, Sophia decided she wanted to head butt a concrete slab at my Mrs's Mum's so just as a precaution, I took her to A&E to get checked over but all is fine.. Wonder if she will not act like a donut again so quickly next time....

Still! First day went OK, more of an introduction to the business and such, same goes for Monday, after that, I've no idea whatsoever what I will be doing or when I will be heading towards going on site... Then it will be the bit of settling in and getting to grips with everything I think... Hopefully a month or so and I should be fine. Maybe it will have something to do with payday??.........

Hope everyone is doing well and is OK?? Was hoping to get a few more pictures up with the builds and such going on but when does anything ever go to plan?? :D :D Hopefully I'll be back updating soon enough!!

Processor Threadripper 3955WX
Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 4U SP3
Memory G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3733 (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) 5700XT + 3x RX 590
Storage A lot
Display(s) ViewSonic G225fB
Case Corsair 760T
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply be quiet! DPP12 1500W
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
Nice thread.

Moral of the story is that an IT job in the UK gives you a bigger house and a new car while my IT job gives me 10 food stamps and a Chinese smartphone I tossed in a storm drain.
feelenin.png

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Nice thread.

Moral of the story is that an IT job in the UK gives you a bigger house and a new car while my IT job gives me 10 food stamps and a Chinese smartphone I tossed in a storm drain.
View attachment 266377
Well I've not moved so this is the same house I had since 2010 and my car is the same one I've had since 2012, nothing really changed in that area just yet but with everything going on over here and I'm sure everyone else in the world, its just going to get harder for everyone to afford to move and such with all the hikes in interest rates that are currently happening. I've been given a good life and I've got lucky in some area's and not so lucky in others. All the hardware is just money I should have considered putting towards another house, might have got one a little sooner if I hadn't spent so much.

Live and learn and all that jazz, but here's where I am trying to learn from mistakes and do something good :) I hope that trying to help others is not a bad thing.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, transparent full custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary
Well I've not moved so this is the same house I had since 2010 and my car is the same one I've had since 2012, nothing really changed in that area just yet but with everything going on over here and I'm sure everyone else in the world, its just going to get harder for everyone to afford to move and such with all the hikes in interest rates that are currently happening. I've been given a good life and I've got lucky in some area's and not so lucky in others. All the hardware is just money I should have considered putting towards another house, might have got one a little sooner if I hadn't spent so much.

Live and learn and all that jazz, but here's where I am trying to learn from mistakes and do something good :) I hope that trying to help others is not a bad thing.
I like the "not so complete or overkill" name in your specs :D

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I like the "not so complete or overkill" name in your specs :D
Holy heck that's out of date! :laugh: I'm not sure its complete still but it is a little more overkill I think!! :D Will have to update that too!!

Processor Threadripper 3955WX
Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 4U SP3
Memory G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3733 (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) 5700XT + 3x RX 590
Storage A lot
Display(s) ViewSonic G225fB
Case Corsair 760T
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply be quiet! DPP12 1500W
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
And why a sad face in air cooling @phill? air cooling best cooling
I'm a water cooling boy to be honest and that's miles out of date lol Crap I've had about 6 systems since then!! :( Damn it for being crap :laugh: :nutkick: :banghead:
Air is great in places like servers and such like that... With my 3900X, 3950X, 5950X, 3970X etc., water was definitely the way to go :) I'm going to update that now before I forget even more ! :D