• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

System Name Xpectra
Processor i3 10105F
Motherboard Asrock H470M-HDV
Cooling Cooler Master H410R RGB
Memory Hynix 16GB (2x8) 2666Mhz DDR4 RAM
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1050 Ti Mini
Storage Crucial BX500 120GB+480GB, 1TB+2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
Display(s) HP 22es
Case Chiptronex C100
Audio Device(s) F&D A110
Power Supply Ant Esports VS500L
Mouse Redragon M609
Keyboard TVS EGold Bharat Mech Keyboard (Blue Switches)
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores nothing special
just finished Resident Evil 4 Remake, was such a fun experience.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XV273K 4K120 + Lenovo L32p-30 4K60
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Going for the last boss in FF VIII remaster. Wish me luck :)

Got my ass kicked, twice. Damn u Ultimecia...

Last edited:
I'm going to party up with the above post and go the other way from what I suppose is more typical for a thread like this on a PC centric community in 2024, what with your Cyberpunks and your Horizons and such, and instead list a list a title from decades ago on a console. Same series as the above post, even, just a title newer; Final Fantasy IX. It's on the PC now too as of 2017, but I still have my original copy from 2001!

I like to replay through this title every so often (like no longer than at least every couple/few years between playthroughs) and it's been a while since I last did. I don't think this will ever not be my favorite game of all time.

I was debating between emulating my original PlayStation copy or playing the Steam copy with the Moguri mod. The last time I played the PC version it was in a far different state, so I almost went with the latter to experience it, but I decided to go with the reliable original. I just wish I still had a CRT around because the original version sort of needs one of those to shine, and the PC version with the Moguri mod fixes some of that but then also has its drawbacks. Those low resolution, pre-rendered background games really just suffered from the jump to widescreen and HD. *sigh* Maybe we'll see that remake some day, but I'll always enjoy this one regardless of which version I play! I told myself I'll see what the Moguri mod offers next time around.
Going for the last boss in FF VIII remaster. Wish me luck :)

Got my ass kicked, twice. Damn u Ultimecia...
At first I thought you meant the Final Fantasy VII remake and was going to ask what your opinion of it was, but then I realized VIII does have the remaster. It's next in line behind IX in deserving a remake. Black sheep of the series nothing; I loved it! The story really does get... confusing at the end, but it never stops me from enjoying it. Ultimecia was definitely tough the first time I played it! I had more trouble with her than the final bosses in VII, IX, X, or X-2, but I also didn't understand VIII's mechanics as well either at the time. It can be easily abused if you know what you're doing but I guess that applies to most of them. Leveling up in that one is... often counter productive. As someone who likes to spend extra time grinding to get stronger, that worked against me, haha.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XV273K 4K120 + Lenovo L32p-30 4K60
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
I'm going to party up with the above post and go the other way from what I suppose is more typical for a thread like this on a PC centric community in 2024, what with your Cyberpunks and your Horizons and such, and instead list a list a title from decades ago on a console. Same series as the above post, even, just a title newer; Final Fantasy IX. It's on the PC now too as of 2017, but I still have my original copy from 2001!

I like to replay through this title every so often (like no longer than at least every couple/few years between playthroughs) and it's been a while since I last did. I don't think this will ever not be my favorite game of all time.

I was debating between emulating my original PlayStation copy or playing the Steam copy with the Moguri mod. The last time I played the PC version it was in a far different state, so I almost went with the latter to experience it, but I decided to go with the reliable original. I just wish I still had a CRT around because the original version sort of needs one of those to shine, and the PC version with the Moguri mod fixes some of that but then also has its drawbacks. Those low resolution, pre-rendered background games really just suffered from the jump to widescreen and HD. *sigh* Maybe we'll see that remake some day, but I'll always enjoy this one regardless of which version I play! I told myself I'll see what the Moguri mod offers next time around.

At first I thought you meant the Final Fantasy VII remake and was going to ask what your opinion of it was, but then I realized VIII does have the remaster. It's next in line behind IX in deserving a remake. Black sheep of the series nothing; I loved it! The story really does get... confusing at the end, but it never stops me from enjoying it. Ultimecia was definitely tough the first time I played it! I had more trouble with her than the final bosses in VII, IX, X, or X-2, but I also didn't understand VIII's mechanics as well either at the time. It can be easily abused if you know what you're doing but I guess that applies to most of them. Leveling up in that one is... often counter productive. As someone who likes to spend extra time grinding to get stronger, that worked against me, haha.
One of the best games ever and top3 of the best PS1 games. Gotta admit thought that I love the PAL covers of FF games more. ;)

One of the best games ever and top3 of the best PS1 games. Gotta admit thought that I love the PAL covers of FF games more. ;)
I had to look it up, and on the front, it seems to be more reminiscent of the older titles in that it just has the title on a near full White background on the front, and the "side bar" is across the bottom instead. I could certainly live with that, but I think I prefer the art work on the one I have too. What I definitely like better on the PAL one (unless this is an original release versus Greatest Hits/Platinum change) is the back though.

Something I never thought of, but with PAL being 50 Hz/FPS and LCDs unifying things to 60 Hz, does that have any undesired effects on those older games?

I'm just glad that I kept my original release copy. The more common one is the Greatest Hits version with the Green label, but it's not like its rare or expensive to find in either version these days. I'm still glad I kept mine though. It's not about monetary value; it's about sentiment, or personal value. At one point in the late 2000s/early 2010s when I was getting rid of most of my other physical media, I made the choice to keep it.

It's just a shame what happened with the strategy guide for this game. Maybe I should try and pick it up some day before it gets truly rare (or maybe it already is) since I also have the art of Final Fantasy IX book and I could add that obscure strategy guide to it. I don't usually have a big tie to material things in this digital age, but those two possessions I cherish.

System Name Purple Haze | Vacuum Box
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (-30 CO) | Intel® Xeon® E3-1241 v3
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Cooling Dark Rock 4 Pro, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans | 212 Evo & P12 PWM PST x2, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans
Memory 32GB Ballistix (Micron E 19nm) CL16 @3733MHz | 32GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz (XMP)
Video Card(s) AMD 6900XTXH ASRock OC Formula & Phanteks T30x3 | AMD 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+ & Arctic P12x2
Storage ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB, Toshiba P300 3TB x2 | Kingston A400 120GB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 256GB
Display(s) Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27", AOC 24G2U
Case Modded MS Industrial Titan II Pro RGB | Heavily Modded Cooler Master Q500L
Audio Device(s) Audient iD14 MKII, Adam Audio T8Vs, Bloody M550, HiFiMan HE400se, Tascam TM-80
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 1000M | Enermax Revolution X't 730W (both with P14 fans)
Mouse Logitech G305, Bloody A91, Amazon basics, Logitech M187
Keyboard Redragon K530, Bloody B930, Epomaker TH80 SE, BTC 9110
Software W10 LTSC 21H2
Abzu, another Matt Nava and Austin Wintory masterpiece. I'm not sure how did I missed this one, as Journey was incredible as well. Thanks to Epic freebies, and Heroic launcher the time has come. Can't remember when was the last time I had such a visual and audible experience. Did a few screenshots, but my senses were kinda overwhelmed to properly capture each of the chapters while playing.

unknown_2024.05.09-17.02.pngunknown_2024.05.09-17.13.pngunknown_2024.05.09-17.44.pngunknown_2024.05.09-17.44_1.pngunknown_2024.05.09-17.51.pngunknown_2024.05.09-17.57.png