• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What exactly is wrong with my ZTE RED MAGIC 7S Pro & anyone have experienced this issue before?

cryptosniper

So I've had my 7s pro (18gb ram 512gb ROM version, mercury) only for a short time, bought it during November 23' so its only been 2.5 months. Never dropped it, got it wet or any kind of external damage to the device. All I do is play Call of duty 80% of the time n various games n only used up 50% of the 512gb. All of a sudden the phone doesn't turn on, if plugged to the OEM RM 65W charger it just keeps rebooting itself over n over again. I have to plug it in to a random 45w aftermarket charger block for it to turn on. On top of that it will never turn on or stay on unless the type C cable is plugged in. The battery doesn't charge (stays at 76% forever as long as it's plugged in when before the OEM Block fully charges in like 15 min) & the performance is absolutely horrifyingly slow. I already did a hard reset, wiped out the whole phone n reinstalled the most current update from RM. Playing CODM lags like insane (even worse than my previous Samsung S9, that's really really bad) just ran a benchmark test n the graphics test it ran looks horrible running at 1.6 FPS shockingly and the test results is the low of the low at 325 when the average RM 7S pro score that beats 92% of all devices is scored 2792. Anybody experienced this what is happening n how to fix this? The battery won't charge but it seems way more than just a battery issue having such ultra low performance running like a Samsung S1 or worst.

Please help!

System Name Desktop/HTPC
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi ITX
Cooling ID Cooling DashFlow 240mm AIO
Memory 64GB (2x32) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 CL18
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB
Storage 4TB WD SN850X NVMe, 2TB WD SN850X NVMe
Display(s) LG OLED65B9PUA 65" 4K OLED TV
Case Lian Li x Dan A4-H20
Audio Device(s) USB to MiniDSP DDRC24 DAC, RCA to SUMO Andromeda amp, wired to Wharfedale SP88 speakers
Power Supply Silverstone SX1000R SFX-L Platinum ATX 3.0
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mini
VR HMD Oculus Rift / PSVR / PSVR2 / Lenovo Explorer
Software Windows 11 Pro
Sounds like you need to RMA it.

System Name Desktop/HTPC
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi ITX
Cooling ID Cooling DashFlow 240mm AIO
Memory 64GB (2x32) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 CL18
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB
Storage 4TB WD SN850X NVMe, 2TB WD SN850X NVMe
Display(s) LG OLED65B9PUA 65" 4K OLED TV
Case Lian Li x Dan A4-H20
Audio Device(s) USB to MiniDSP DDRC24 DAC, RCA to SUMO Andromeda amp, wired to Wharfedale SP88 speakers
Power Supply Silverstone SX1000R SFX-L Platinum ATX 3.0
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mini
VR HMD Oculus Rift / PSVR / PSVR2 / Lenovo Explorer
Software Windows 11 Pro
Sorry what's RMA stand for
Return merchandise authorization. Need to contact the seller or the manufacturer, depending where you live and how long you've had it, and return for replacement or repair.