• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WHAT'S the best torrent client client for scheduling downloads?

System Name purplekaycee
Processor Core i7 6700
Motherboard Msi z270 titanium
Cooling Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16gb (2x8gb) corsair LPX vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte gtx 1080ti
Storage 1tb Samsung SSD, 4tb Seagate HDD, 8tb Seagate HDD
Display(s) Dell 23" ST 2310 60hz 1080p monitor
Case Cooler Master H500M
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 headphone
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 850. 850W
Mouse Regular mouse
Keyboard Regular keyboard
Software Windows 10 64 bit
What's the best torrent client to schedule /set downloads to specific times?

System Name Uzuki Toune
Processor AMD RYZEN 7 7700X (ASUS PBO 90C Mode)
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Frostspirit 140 White V3 ARGB
Memory 32GB DDR6000 CL36 Kingston (EXPO)(16GBx2)
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1050TI
Storage 2TB Kingston KC3000 + 1TB Crucial P2 + 480GB Samsung Evo 850 + 480GB Kingston A400
Display(s) Dell U2723QE + Philips 221V8 (Portrait)
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Auzen X-FI Forte + Onboard Realtek 4080 -> Creative Gigaworks T40II
Power Supply EVGA G+ 650W
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 (Work) & G103 (Play)
Keyboard iRocks K71M
Software Windows 11 Professional
What's the best torrent client to schedule /set downloads to specific times?
If you want a really advanced scheduler, Tixati is the only one out there that does it I believe. Its the only client that allows you to start and stop at specific times including minutes, among other things you can do with it. While its free and has no ads, it is not open source.

If open source is your thing, the closest option is Deluge. It has a scheduler plugin built in with a grid style view with one hour blocks if im not mistaken. You can choose whether it transfers at full speed, it transfers at reduced speeds, it only seeds or it pauses transfers during a specific hour of each day. But this acts more like a speed limiter where it pauses transfers by setting the speed limit to 0. I think.

I don't use a scheduler, and I use qBittorrent. qBittorent is awesome and opensource but it only has a really basic scheduler to limit speeds at specific times on specific days, not on a per day basis. It doesn't pause or stop transfers, you can only limit the speed to the minimum of 1KiBps. Therefore I do not recommend it.

Reference:

Edit: I just realized you didnt specify what platform you are planning to use your torrent client. If its on the Mac OS, I'm not sure there is a good option available. Someone else has to advice you then. Tixati and Deluge runs on Linux and Windows

System Name purplekaycee
Processor Core i7 6700
Case Cooler Master H500M
Mouse Regular mouse
If you want a really advanced scheduler, Tixati is the only one out there that does it I believe. Its the only client that allows you to start and stop at specific times including minutes, among other things you can do with it. While its free and has no ads, it is not open source.

If open source is your thing, the closest option is Deluge. It has a scheduler plugin built in with a grid style view with one hour blocks if im not mistaken. You can choose whether it transfers at full speed, it transfers at reduced speeds, it only seeds or it pauses transfers during a specific hour of each day. But this acts more like a speed limiter where it pauses transfers by setting the speed limit to 0. I think.

I don't use a scheduler, and I use qBittorrent. qBittorent is awesome and opensource but it only has a really basic scheduler to limit speeds at specific times on specific days, not on a per day basis. It doesn't pause or stop transfers, you can only limit the speed to the minimum of 1KiBps. Therefore I do not recommend it.

Reference:

Edit: I just realized you didnt specify what platform you are planning to use your torrent client. If its on the Mac OS, I'm not sure there is a good option available. Someone else has to advice you then. Tixati and Deluge runs on Linux and Windows
I Want to use torrents at specific times basically between 11pm and 7 am.
Am looking for a torrent client I can set to download at these specific time interval.
My OS is Linux mint

Low quality post by thewan
System Name Uzuki Toune
Processor AMD RYZEN 7 7700X (ASUS PBO 90C Mode)
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Frostspirit 140 White V3 ARGB
Memory 32GB DDR6000 CL36 Kingston (EXPO)(16GBx2)
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1050TI
Storage 2TB Kingston KC3000 + 1TB Crucial P2 + 480GB Samsung Evo 850 + 480GB Kingston A400
Display(s) Dell U2723QE + Philips 221V8 (Portrait)
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Auzen X-FI Forte + Onboard Realtek 4080 -> Creative Gigaworks T40II
Power Supply EVGA G+ 650W
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 (Work) & G103 (Play)
Keyboard iRocks K71M
Software Windows 11 Professional
qBittorrent
It would serve you well if you learn how to read before replying. OP is asking for a client with SCHEDULING. Scheduling is nearly non-existent on qbittorent, as I have explained above.

Why people on this forum can't be bothered to read throughly and carefully? Be it old members, mods and especially those with a tonne of stars. Maybe we should get rid of stars and badges so that many members wake up instead of being so full of themselves.

System Name purplekaycee
Processor Core i7 6700
Case Cooler Master H500M
Mouse Regular mouse

Reference:

What of utorrent or transmission?

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
It would serve you well if you learn how to read before replying. OP is asking for a client with SCHEDULING. Scheduling is nearly non-existent on qbittorent, as I have explained above.

Why people on this forum can't be bothered to read throughly and carefully? Be it old members, mods and especially those with a tonne of stars. Maybe we should get rid of stars and badges so that many members wake up instead of being so full of themselves.
lame.jpg

System Name purplekaycee
Processor Core i7 6700
Case Cooler Master H500M
Mouse Regular mouse
I saw a tutorial on YouTube using utorrent

System Name YACS amd
Processor 5800x,
Motherboard gigabyte x570 aorus gaming elite.
Cooling bykski GPU, and CPU, syscooling p93x pump
Memory corsair vengeance pro rgb, 3600 ddr4 stock timings.
Video Card(s) xfx merc 310 7900xtx
Storage kingston kc3000 2TB, amongst others. Fanxiang s770 2TB
Display(s) benq ew3270u, or acer XB270hu, acer XB280hk, asus VG 278H,
Case lian li LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) obs,
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti pro 1000w
Mouse logitech g703
Keyboard durogod keyboard. (cherry brown switches)
Software win 11, win10pro.
rutorrent has a scheduler. a pain to install on your linux computer. there are installers for linux, but they are scripts…. well the seedbox i use uses rutorrent and has a scheduler… and a seedbox is just a “computer” in a building…

what makes rutorrent difficult to install is “rTorrent is a text-based ncurses BitTorrent client based on libTorrent, great for usage on servers, while ruTorrent is a web front-end for rTorrent.”
(from https://www.linuxuprising.com/2019/08/easy-rtorrent-rutorrent-installation.html )

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
OP is asking for a client with SCHEDULING.
Alternative rate limits. You can set global ones in "Settings" in qBittorent. The only con is that it has no individual(per-torrent) limits, but that still what OP needs.
uTorrent had a decent full-fledged scheduler, but I stopped using it a long time ago in favor of qBittorent (ads broke the client on many occasions).
I believe Deluge has a similar scheduler as well.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
I too have moved on from uTorrent to qbittorrent. uTorrent was fine until they started filling it up with bloat that nobody asked for. Why is it so difficult for software developers to make lightweight programs that do what they're supposed to do and nothing else these days?