• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why is my AMD SPDIF/HDMI not bitstreaming .DTS Audio Files?

You should purchase Sound Unbound and enable DTS:X HT [lossless], then store all your audio in [lossless] FLAC, and don't bother with the two [lossy] formats.
FLAC is free and can be played on practically all devices, imagine playing .DTS and .FLAC on a random mobile phone for example.

If you want more than 8 channels 192k then I guess you would want more than FLAC, but that's not likely.
You can store your .FLAC on a USB thumb drive, and plug that in instead of discs.

----

DTS:X HT uses the [DTS-HD Master Audio] format, with additional data for extra channels, other.

Last edited:
System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
Hi @Ferather may you please help me add Advanced audio format DTS & Dolby Digital in the list at the same time? Thanks
chill bro dont spam and dts connect shall be your bff

You can also use Dolby's app for their latest tech via HDMI. When you play a FLAC file via a media player, it will be decoded back to PCM and put through the audio system (same for games).
Any Dolby-DTS added processing, effects, other, will be added directly to [lossless] PCM audio as it passes through the Windows audio system.

All you need to do is switch between Dolby-DTS, and possibly set the AVR also. If your AVR supports PCM 8 channels, you don't strictly need to encode, just set 8 channels.