• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why is RunFullMemoryDiagnostic task running?!

So I had noticed CPU usage from the system process when my PC was idle but I wasn't able to pinpoint the cause because as soon as I moved the mouse it stopped.
But this time it didn't. System was consuming 20% of my CPU and by checking which tasks were running I found it, disabled it, and problem fixed.
But
Why was it running in the first place? I got no blue screens.
And 2nd: If system can run memory diagnostic while Windows are running why can't I too?

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
There is a task that will check your RAM for errors in the scheduled tasks, its one of many tasks that will only run when the system is idle, I tend to disable it on my rigs in my post install script, as I dont see the point of a automated resource churn RAM test, once you have a stable configuration its stable. On low end machines the thing can run for more than half a day.

Code:
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\MemoryDiagnostic\RunFullMemoryDiagnostic" /Disable

Also if you want to run online memory tests you can do so, is many bits of software that can do it.