• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

MightyRufo

So, I have a question about running a game in SLI when using some type of overlay. Does anyone else notice that the overlay will flicker? (like the steam overlay, and even the one with Big Picture mode). I've heard that people have fixed it by forcing the overlay to run off of integrated graphics. Well, I don't exactly have integrated graphics XD Has anyone had this issue? And can I use an older nvidia card to handle overlays? Does the Nvidia control panel allow me to assign applications to GPUs? I'd imagine not, because the video card isn't actually connected to the monitor, and integrated graphics is well.. integrated. I also think this may only work on laptops that have dual, switchable. graphics.

System Name Cooler Master Elite (case name)
Processor Amd 1090T X6 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus m4a89gtd pro/usb3
Cooling oversize fans
Memory 16 gigs ddr3 2000Mhz
Video Card(s) 2 - nvidia gtx 560's sli 2 gigs each video memory
Storage 6 - terabytes sata
Display(s) samsung syncmaster 2330 hd monitor
Case coolermaster elite
Audio Device(s) realtek on-board
Power Supply coolermaster 1000 watts
Software windows 7 64- bit enterprise
Benchmark Scores not available at this time.
Usually when I've had flickering issues, I can either turn off the overlay (steam), or I need to determine the right compatibility bits for the game I'm running.
You'll need nvidia inspector to do this...

As far as integrated graphics go, you could try going to the bios and setting the integrated
video chip as a secondary display device, but if that change doesn't show up in the
nvidia control panel it won't help much, or worse yet, it's shows up, but not properly.

Last edited:

MightyRufo

Usually when I've had flickering issues, I can either turn off the overlay (steam), or I need to determine the right compatibility bits for the game I'm running.
You'll need nvidia inspector to do this...

As far as integrated graphics go, you could try going to the bios and setting the integrated
video chip as a secondary display device, but if that change doesn't show up in the
nvidia control panel it won't help much, or worse yet, it's shows up, but not properly.

Alright, thanks.

MineClever

Here's the download links for nvidia driver 355.82:

Windows 10 64 bit:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25201868/nvlddmkm2-35582-win10-64bit.rar

--------------------------

Windows 7, 8, & 8.1 64 bit:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25201870/nvlddmkm-35582-win7-8-8.1-64bit.rar

If anyone needs alternate download links, let me know.

MightyRufo says thanks

Your welcome!

SIR,can you send the files to my email , I cant download the file from "GameFront" .
my email is:chnisesbandit@live.cn
and thank you!

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
To MineClever,

I'd rather not start sending files to individual emails, if I say yes to you I might get flooded with requests, here's a alternate download link:

http://turbobit.net/gvyyl4cqwe6g.html

This is for 355.82 windows 10 64 bit.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite

zero

Good day. There is a strange problem with SLI. It's pretty old games work with no problems, but when it comes to new products, the system hangs. Benchmark furmark working longer hours without problems, SLI works.
However, during the launch of GTA 5 or Witcher 3 - system reboots or freezes, At the same time, Project Cars works fine with 60fps.
OS Windows 7 x64, GTX 550 TI X2, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, 355.82.
It may be worth it to try the driver specifically for GTA 5 - 350.12, but I not found the modified file to this, the file has already been removed.
I apologize for the bad language.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite

zero

Another specific problem.I install an older driver 350.12, but now I can not set the correct resolution in the game. It works in any until 1280x800. But as soon as I put 1920x1080 system freezes.
With 800x600 and 1280x800 works fine

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
That problem could be caused by a corrupted configuration file, or the game itself could be corrupted, try deleting the configuration files (back them up first) and run the game, if that doesn't work
try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I seriously doubt this problem is being caused by the patched driver, but make sure of the following:

1. You installed nvidias' official 64 bit windows 7 drivers from their site and the version number matches the patched driver version.
2. You followed the installation instructions for the patched driver and there were no errors during the installation.
3. If you have dsr mode active, make sure the resolution is valid in dsr mode.

Other games run fine at 1920 x 1080.

Another thought is this driver is rather old, it might not be able to provide proper
support for your game in general.

Last edited:

erykos

hi guys i reinstalled my windows 10 x64 and my pc not suport normarly sli so that mean need to use/hiper or different sli my driver driver is 355.82 x64 for now and anyone can tell me step by step what to do and with screens or videos if can :/ to let me make is easy sli enable cause in driver control panel i dont see sli so need use different sli to make it seen there so i wish someone will explain me step by step with easiest way ty in advance and i think i saw something at page 102 about it but still for me too hard to make it work so pls explain ur best ty

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
These instructions are as good as it gets, windows 10 has somewhat tighter driver security then windows 7 or 8 (or 8.1), read through these instructions carefully, take your time, if you still can't get it, tell me
what specific step your stuck on:

For starters, go to nvidias' site and download the official windows 10 64 bit 355.82 driver installer here -> http://www.geforce.com/drivers
install these drivers normally.

Then follow these instructions carefully and 1 step at a time:

So, the process is as follows for us Windows 10 users.
1. Install drivers from Nividia
2. Check for Windows Updates. Let Windows download 355.82 display driver form Nvidia
3. Restart your computer (Usually windows will prompt you to restart upon installing this driver)
4. Download DifferentSLIAuto (1.3.1 as of today) and then extract it wherever: https://github.com/EmberVulpix/DifferentSLIAuto/releases
5. Download Jbailey8's 355.82 patched Nvidia driver: http://www.gamefront.com/files/25201868/nvlddmkm2-35582-win10-64bit.rar
6. Put the patched Nvidia driver into your DifferentSLIAuto folder.
7. Locate the Install.cmd file, then right click it and run it as administrator
Once it's finished, it should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/u5KDvSC.png
However, sometimes it's not able to copy the driver into your system, resulting in this: http://i.imgur.com/2D5l09x.png (0 files copied)
If it did not copy the driver over, move to the next step. If it did, move to step 10
8. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and locate the file named nvlddmkm.sys
9. Rename this file, doesn't mater what you rename it. But keep in mind, you can use it as a backup. I renamed mine nvlddmkmBACKUP.sys
9. Copy the nvlddmkm.sys patched driver in your DifferentSLIAuto folder to the same folder where you renamed nvlddmkm.sys
10. This part is a little tricky. Click Restart while holding shift until you see "Please Wait". You'll get an advanced menu.
a. Click on Troubleshoot
b. Advanced Options
c. Startup Settings
d. Then click Restart
This guide may help and the process is the same for Windows 10: http://www.howtogeek.com/126016/three-ways-to-access-the-windows-8-boot-options-menu/
11. When shown the advanced startup menu, press number 7 on your keyboard. (NOT F7, which doesn't seem to work for me)
12. Windows will start with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled. (You must repeat step 10, every time you boot windows, otherwise windows will NOT load the patched driver. Even with Test Mode on)
13. Right click on your desktop and click on NIVIDIA Control Panel, then check to see if you can enable SLI and then enable it, of course. (Not all motherboards will work with this, it's a hit or miss)
14. Verify it's working. In the Nvidia Control Panel, click 3D Settings (NOT Manage 3D Settings) at the top, next to Help and Desktop and click Show SLI Visual Indicator.
15. Run a SLI compatible game of your choice. You should see a bar on the left side of your screen. The greener the bar, the better SLI is performing. Do these same steps to disable it.

If you need help on a specific step, let me know.

erykos

k so i readed and i have problem with part 10-12 reinstalled pc twice arledy cause when i restart windows it start without driver ... like its been not installed so im sure in lower points i do something wrong too than sadly cause without video not sure 100%:/ and im from poland so if anyone pl peoples can tell me what to do and ofc if anyone tested and work pls say here in pl what to do ty..........................btw i loved hyper sli what i installed at windows 7 but needed to have just older graphic drivers but np. hyper sli without problems and without read how to let it on.... and here different sli alot things to do:/ maybe cause of win10 but still:/ so if none pl can answer me pls just tell me what hyper sli to download for win 10 and driver so np. will use it xD

Last edited:
Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Did you notice step 12, you have to repeat step 10 every time you restart your computer, or the driver won't load...

If you would rather use hypersli ok, I would recommend against it because the latest driver
it supports is 335.23 (very old).

Edit: did some further checking, driver 335.23 doesn't support windows 10 at all, see here
for more info:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/73780/en-us

If your going to run windows 10, your stuck with differentsli and the patched driver.

Last edited:

erykos

thx man for answers so need to ask if i do all good: my driver is 355.82 and downloaded different sli 1.3.1 like u told and downloaded patched nvidia driver and than i put patched driver in different sli folder and than opened install.cmd like u told and got 0 files copied so i go to c/windows/system32/drivers and saw there is nvlddmkm so like u told i renamed it same like u and than i opened different sli folder and copied patched driver to c/windows/system32/drivers that mean to same folder where i renamed this nvlddmkm so i have there like nvlddmkmBACKUP and this patched driver so both have in c/windows/system32/drivers and than i opened again this instal.cmd and showed like it should (1file copied)if im right and than part 10 done part 11 too when restarted saw 9 things to press i think and pressed 7 like u told and nothing happened just cant press right mouse button at pulpit to see nvidia control panel and see pulpit like there is no drivers in it so pls explain last time what i done wrong i need press there in folder differentsliauto.exe or no?? cause y i not touch it if need press it so when??

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Make sure your pressing '7' and not 'F7'. press this button only after you see the advanced startup menu, if your pressing it at the wrong time, it probably won't work.

erykos

what wrong time mean xD?? when i see advanced start up menu pressing 7 but i asked if u can answer if i do all good?? so need to have 2x nvlddmkm files in c right?? and 2 in different sli?? gonna try again if fail so sadly need back to the best win 7:/

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
You only need 1 copy of nvlddmkm2.sys in the driver directory, the patched version, just rename it to whatever the original driver was named, but this would be easier on windows 7 for sure.
Based on your information so far, I'd say your doing nearly everything right, but your still having a problem and I don't have windows 10 installed, so it's a little bit difficult for me to
follow along with you to help get this problem fixed.

erykos

ok jbailey8 i decided to reinstal to windows 7 to use hyper sli can u give link and what driver max i should download??

julien1

hello ,
i had the same problem , i renamed nvlddmkm2.sys => nvlddmkm.sys , and now IT WORK PERFECTLY thanks to jbailey8 :)

is possible to launch the driver without the test mod ? cause i can't start some game ( DayZ can't start with test mod)

system : windows 10 64 bits
mb : m3a32mvp deluxe
proc : Phenom x6 1100t
sli : 2x 960 gtx msi gaming
driver : 355.82

Last edited:
Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
To erykos:

If your going to use hypersli your stuck with driver 335.23 here's the download link:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/73780/en-us

I'd read julien1's post first before proceeding, you don't need the patched driver if your going to run hypersli, just install the official driver.

-------------------------------

To Julien1:

There is no way to run the patched driver outside of test mode, sorry.

erykos

julien can u tell me step by step cause i see u win10 user now im with hyper sli at win 7 but np can reinstal to win 10 what will take max to 10 min so np :p but if u can tell step by step what u done will be cool xD if all same like at 102 page than pls just copy this points what u done if u done other things than pls tell here ty

OK JULIEN TY NO NEED ANSWER FOUND OUT DONE JUST WHAT U DONE AND WORK HOLY SHI.T AND FAK ME only rename this file without 2 just... and work.... xDDD ty again both of u guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Glad you got it going!

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
You can try that if you want, as far as I know all that does is turn off test mode, which in turn will cause the patched driver to stop working.