• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

System Name Cooler Master Elite (case name)
Processor Amd 1090T X6 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus m4a89gtd pro/usb3
Cooling oversize fans
Memory 16 gigs ddr3 2000Mhz
Video Card(s) 2 - nvidia gtx 560's sli 2 gigs each video memory
Storage 6 - terabytes sata
Display(s) samsung syncmaster 2330 hd monitor
Case coolermaster elite
Audio Device(s) realtek on-board
Power Supply coolermaster 1000 watts
Software windows 7 64- bit enterprise
Benchmark Scores not available at this time.
Last edited:

Saiien II

You can try that if you want, as far as I know all that does is turn off test mode, which in turn will cause the patched driver to stop working.

This is right but it is also possible to sign the driver as a test driver... So you can turn test mode on, install the driver and turn test mode off... I thought this would be a difference? :)

Sorry, I'm not able to test it because I simply don't have two GPUs... ;)

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
That's ok, as far as I know the patched driver would have to be officially signed with certificates from both microsoft and nvidia, or I would have to be a 'trusted company' of some sort, I don't
qualify there, so this is about as good as it's going to get for now.

julien1

hello ,

i don't know why but i can't dowload from gamefront " file not found " :(

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite

julien1

thanks , it work fine.

system : windows 10 64 bits
mb : m3a32mvp deluxe
proc : Phenom x6 1100t
sli : 2x 960 gtx msi gaming
driver : 355.98

Kasakuru

Here's the download links for the latest nvidia driver 355.98 64-bit:

Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 64-bit:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25235387/nvlddmkm-35598-win7-8-81-64-bit.rar

--------------------

Windows 10 64-bit:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25235388/nvlddmkm2-35598-win10-64-bit.rar

Alternate download links:

Windows 7, 8, & 8.1 64-bit:

http://turbobit.net/cjwrlr0c6p5l.html

--------------

Windows 10 64-bit:

http://turbobit.net/qnbpyzx2fw6h.html

Hey,

I have a little problem here. I've installed everything with the leatest nvidia driver 355.98 as you guys have explained it. And after the first time booting up my system again, it seemed like it worked. some popup stated that SLI is now available and when I checked the nvidia control panel i could configure my SLI settings. When I then got into a game(I tried MGSV:GZ) the 3D title screen rendered fine and I increased some settings and could see it take effect. But then when I got into the game after the loading screen my whole computer just crashed and just went black without any further response until I pushed the reset button. Booting up after that SLI seems to be disabled again and I can't get it to run again, even I i reinstall the drivers and patch. Do you have any advise how I can get it to run properly?

Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
RAM: 4GB ddr3
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
Graphics: (2x) GTX 460 1024MB Gigabyte

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Try running event viewer and see if it lists any kind of failure, if the patched driver was running fine before and now you can't get it to work again, that sounds like 1 of your video boards might have failed to me,
I hope I'm wrong though, you can also check the device manager and see if both video boards are listed as properly working devices. I'm running the same patched driver you are, and my games run fine,
last night I played metro last light redux on max settings, it ran fine with no problems (2 - 560's in sli mode).
If 1 of your boards actually failed, then your effectively running only 1 board which would
explain why you can't activate sli mode, you need a minimum of 2 boards. I seriously
doubt this would be caused by the driver, if you were able to activate sli mode, then the
driver was running as expected.

Kasakuru

Both GTX460's are not listed in device manager, but in CPU-Z they are. Also I somehow managed to get it to run again just now. But when I try to run a full game besides the title screen it chrashes again. I've just did some testing again with various games and the system only pretending to have 1 gtx460, I noticed that the other gtx460 get heated up as well.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I checked the specs for your motherboard, you have a integrated gpu, go to your bios and set 1 of your 460's as the main display device, I have my on-board gpu disabled in my bios, it's strange that your
460's aren't being listed, both of my 560's are listed in my device manager, check that the cooling fan is actually running properly on the 460 that's overheating, also the heatsink might need to be cleaned.
the 460 that's overheating might simply be shutting itself off temporarily until it cools off, this could cause your system to reboot, my system did that once, I cleaned out the fan and haven't had that
problem since.

Kasakuru

Ah, I have disabled my on-board gpu in the bios now, and now it seems to properly display my 2 GTX460 everytime I boot up the system. The additional GTX460 also doesn't overheat from actually doing nothing but having the system up, anymore. But when I start up games it still crashes the moment it has to render something 3D it seems (for example intros and opening videos seem to work fine).

erykos

guys need ask cause maybe some of u know game vindictus i have laggs there while fighting monsters and i wannt play some games without laggs so im asking now im using: procesor: amd athlon II x4 631 quad-core procesor (4CPUs), ~2.6ghz and graphic card is only gigabyte geforce gtx 550ti with sli (only with different sli on) so 1gb+1gb=2gb and i thinking what will be better to buy to make some games playable without laggs or alot smaller laggs xD so i thinking to buy gigabyte gtx 970 4gb xD or better procesor dont know what will help me alot more but i think alot more graphic card and u guys?? so pls suggest me i can buy one thing now so pls choose and if someone wanna know what i have now in pc so: procesor and graphic cards what told up there and 16gb ram, power supply 630w (80plus bronze certificate) so guys suggest me card or procesor xD look this video my gameplay is like with this

and i wannt gameplay to be like that- 0 laggs xD

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
To Kasakuru,

Well things seem to have improved a little at least, obviously your 2nd 460 is having a problem somewhere, I suggest taking the board out and making sure the fan is ok and cleaning the heatsink, make sure the board
can get good ventilation, I've left my case open on both sides so my 2 560's don't get too hot. You might even consider removing the heatsink and applying some heat sink compound.

------

To erykos,

In my opinion, you need to at least update both your cpu and your video board(s), if you put say a 970 in your system with your current cpu, I think you'll have a bottleneck issue, so that's why I think you need to update
both, this sort of thing might also require a power supply upgrade as well. I'm running a 1000 watt cooler master ps in my system for example.

Kasakuru

I found the problem, the other GTX460 (the one that was overheating) seems to be broken. I tested it on its own and it crashed the same way as before without even being remotely warm.
Luckily I have another GTX 460 from palit, doesnt look as good as 2 cards from the same manufacturer but hey.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
Your not worried about looks so much, as long as you can get these 2 boards to run in sli mode.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
I'm assuming that the palit board has a sli connector, the patched driver should be able to activate sli mode on these 2 boards, is there a problem with the sli bridge connector?

ragequitr2

Hi, I have an older GPU with older drivers, etc. and was wondering if anyone has a link to differentsli v1 (or 1.1).

I currently have a GTS 250 running Nvidia drivers 341.81

Kasakuru

to jbailey8:
Apparently yeah, It displays both cards but it will not put them in SLI together. I can allocate the palit card to physx though, but no sli whatsoever :(
I though it should work. Both gtx460 are 1024mb gddr5 as well I'm pretty sure.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
To ragequitr2:

I can post differentsliauto11 somewhere if you want, but your post makes it sound like your running a single gpu with very old drivers, if this is the case the patched driver won't help you, you need a minimum of 2
gpu's in your system, if I'm wrong here, let me know and we will go from there.

----------------

To Kasakuru:

Ok, I'm actually stumped at the moment, I've assumed the following:

1. Both 460's show as actual video devices in the device manager. (There are no '!' or 'X' indicators).
2. Both boards have a sli bridge connector.
3. The bridge connector your using is the correct one for these boards and fits and is installed properly.
4. You have installed the patched driver according to instructions with no errors.

If the above things are all true, you should be running in sli mode, I'll have to keep thinking about this one.
I actually checked and current video drivers should support your 460's.

As a quick attempt to fix this, you could go a few driver revisions back and try that just to see.

It's almost as if some other hardware (maybe on your motherboard pci slot for example)
got damaged by the bad 460 and now that same damage is preventing the replacement
460 from running properly in sli mode. I hope I'm wrong here, but it's a thought.
also, make sure there isn't a option in your bios that has to be adjusted for crossfire or
sli to work.

Another thing to try is to try both boards in both pci slots (1 board at a time, not 2 boards
in both slots at one time), make sure you get video and can play a game with both
boards in each slot, if you can do this, both boards and both pci slots are functioning
normally.

Last edited:

erykos

jbailey sry i want buy this one not 970 GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 960 4GB WindForce and if still too crappy procesor so pls tell me one from cheapest what will be good to use for gtx 960 and give me site to check it in price ty again in advance xD gtx 960 is same like 970 and in my country its cost like gtx 960 cost 900+zł only while 970 what is same... and in some tests saw even 960 better.... cost 1400+zł no ty too much waste of money only cause its not that old that why im sure about it xD and about power supply no need 1000watt my is alot more than enough for great graphic cards friend use 960 now with 550watt power supply only :)
before on older graphic card he needed use 800+watt cause what he told :crap graphic card and more payment ea month for pc now better graphic card=smaller power supply :) but if we talk about sli than y it need higher power supply but without for that 960 no problems to use 550 watt but i have 630 so even more np. xD i dont plan sli cause 4gb more than enough from one graphic card for many future games xD so whaiting for answer jbailey what cheapest procesor u suggest me to buy for gtx 960 ty

ragequitr2

To jbailey8, yea, sorry I forgot to clarify; yes, I have two GTS 250's, both with older drivers. I would really appreciate an upload of differentsli v1, so I can try it out, since The "enable SLI" option isn't appearing for me.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite
to erykos,

Please tell me what model your motherboard is or at least the socket type, without this information and assuming your running a LGA-1155 cpu socket, a reasonable cpu would be (in my opinion)
a Intel Core i5-2550K, see newegg specs page here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115230. Your current power supply will probably be ok.

Cooling oversize fans
Case coolermaster elite

erykos

hmm jbailey8 i checked today in shop i see they have in my shop gigabyte gtx 750ti 2gb maybe this one what u think will run my current procesor?? if 550gtx ti 2x sli what require more from what i only heard so maybe i can use gtx 750ti what u think?? pls tell yes or at last (u can try) xD i need only graphic card what will run my games not like bf4 just like vindictus,the crew without laggs at high details no need ultra xD cause for now i can tell u in vindictus i have very small laggs even with this 550gtx 2x but still when i go atk something i mean something more happen at screen than game laggs more that make the game boring and stupid unfair as hell xD so pls answer this last what need to know ty as always for helps and just need know if gtx 750ti without sli will suport all this what told up there