• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
Can´t get Dolby Digital on my Sharkoon x-tatic headset using optical cable. Tried the A1 method, but still when installing, it asks about non signed drivers, even though I chose secure startup with permission for non signed drivers.
I am running W10 64-bit, Gigabyte z97x gaming 3, here is the realtek HD audio hardware ID.
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_1458A0B2&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_1458A0B2

Codec(there is three diffrent)
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C0C&SUBSYS_20108086&REV_06
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C0C&SUBSYS_20108086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C0C&CC_040300
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C0C&CC_0403

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CA0&SUBSYS_A0B21458&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CA0&SUBSYS_A0B21458
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CA0&CC_040300
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CA0&CC_0403

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FBB&SUBSYS_31601462&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FBB&SUBSYS_31601462
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FBB&CC_040300
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FBB&CC_0403

Edit: the headset decoder shows Dolby Pro Logic.

did you do this step before installing modified drivers ?
>>>3. Disable driver signature enforcement from advanced startup when installing. To get into advanced startup for Win7/8/8.1/10, hold shift and press restart. For previous Windows versions, press F8 on startup. <-----!!!! VERY IMPORTANT TO DO or it wont work!!!! <<<

and once installed before rebooting this step ?
>>>2. After installation, open Run, type in "regedit" without quotes. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1. <--- be sure the DWORD is where it has to be or it wont work

Paholainen

Yes on The driver signature thing, but the regedit I did after boot... Will try again tomorrow night

Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
It also seems that Windows 10 isn't particularly keen about mkv files.
I also have some wav 6 channel DTS audio music I'm gonna have to try. I just don't remember if they had to be as wav extension or as dts extension for in order to play.

.dts as multichannel ..well I know that itunes are able to play them but I never actually came acros audio file with this type of extension . Since Direct Sound WAVE is able to play multichannel so I believe it should be WAV.

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Yes on The driver signature thing, but the regedit I did after boot... Will try again tomorrow night

Check if the DWORD is in place . If its not put it again , reboot ..check again . Good Night!

Ok, the test files have DTS audio when I play them with VLC, but not with Windows Media Player.

Another thing I noticed is that plugging the headphones into the front input, they are not detected. Reinstalled everything audio driver related, but no dice.

wurstpistole

IT ONLY WORKS WITH Windows 10 TH2 10565

I followed this steps exactly point to point :

Method A1: <--- use only files corresponding to A1 method

1. Download 2.79 drivers from Realtek website. <----- iv got it elsewhere (GURU3D)

2. Replace file in the official driver with the one here. ( http://rghost.net/6RfCvqBY9 )<----- replace both files 64 and 32 bit (A1 method files)

3. Disable driver signature enforcement from advanced startup when installing. To get into advanced startup for Win7/8/8.1/10, hold shift and press restart. For previous Windows versions, press F8 on startup. <-----!!!! VERY IMPORTANT TO DO or it wont work!!!!

2. After installation, open Run, type in "regedit" without quotes. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1. <--- be sure the DWORD is where it has to be or it wont work

3. Restart normally.

I can confirm that this works perfectly! You can by the way even disable driver signature without rebooting. Just run cmd as Administrator and enter the following two lines:

BCDEDIT –Set LoadOptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
BCDEDIT –Set TESTSIGNING ON

This disables driver signature check as well and lets you install it in one go without the reboot in between.

Just the last question, what is better now, Dolby Live or DTS Interactive?

Ruben Portier

I've just installed the Windows 10 update, but I do not hear any sound when Dolby Digital Live or DTS Interactive is enabled, it works however if I press test in the Windows Audio-setup on the Supported Formats tab, and then it's in surround. It shows me 'Failed to play test tone.' when I press Test on the Advanced tab.

Do I need reinstall the unlocked drivers after the update or am I missing something here?

EDIT: I've done the installation of the unlocked driver again with the installed Windows 10 patch, and now it's working!

Last edited:
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
I've just installed the Windows 10 update, but I do not hear any sound when Dolby Digital Live or DTS Interactive is enabled, it works however if I press test in the Windows Audio-setup on the Supported Formats tab, and then it's in surround. It shows me 'Failed to play test tone.' when I press Test on the Advanced tab.

Do I need reinstall the unlocked drivers after the update or am I missing something here?

Check the DWORD in registry , guys here are reporting by re-entering the DWORD is enough if it is missing , check it out and please report back your findings .

2. After installation, open Run, type in "regedit" without quotes. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1. <--- be sure the DWORD is where it has to be or it wont work

Ruben Portier

Check the DWORD in registry , guys here are reporting by re-entering the DWORD is enough if it is missing , check it out and please report back your findings .

Thanks, it's already working by reinstalling, but yes, the keyword was missing. Thank you very much!

DTS and Dolby digital shows up on my av amp, but still only comes out of left and right speakers, not 5.1

All you guys saying it works correctly i think your confused, yes it will play test tomes, but will only be left and right, speakers, try it, you need sound to come out of all speakers for it to work properly, and it dont, i mean in the advanced section, not the supported formats section, course it will work there.

EDIT: ok i just tested dead space and it seems the speaker test works in game, but just dont work it the test section in control panel, can someone else confirm this ?

Last edited:

Gilimanjaro

Hope it works for you too who ever wants to give it a try.

I did this and I think it worked for me! Thanks!

I now have options to enable DDL and DTS, and when I select DDL I can hear sound through my headset.

Is there any particular way to confirm that Dolby encoded audio with the 5.1 channels I want is actually what I'm hearing? The headset I'm using is this one: https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/siberia-800 (connected over SPDIF)

It's receiver doesn't seem to have an indicator to say what type of audio it's receiving (or it's not turning on for me).

Any test-app you can recommend?

Cheers, G.

Ok more testing, and it seems alot of games still dont work in 5.1, serious sam 3, bioshock, bioshock infinte, metro 2033 and thats just the ones i have tried, all worked perfect on xp and win 7, only got one to work so far and thats dead space, i think until this fix plays the dolby digital live through all speakers, this problem will be there, remember people, just because dolby digital shows up on your headphones and av receivers dont mean your getting 5.1, DD is also 2 channel.

Last edited:
Its official latest update stopped it working again.

Th2 worked - 10586.1 - but there was an update after that - 10586.3 - that breaks things again.

they manage to break it again with 10586.3. At this rate we'll have to wait for the next major Windows 10 update sometime mid 2016. I mean, this is sad, really sad.

Th2 worked - 10586.1 - but there was an update after that - 10586.3 - that breaks things again.

they manage to break it again with 10586.3. At this rate we'll have to wait for the next major Windows 10 update sometime mid 2016. I mean, this is sad, really sad.

I have a pc that updated to 10586.3. and Dolby Digital Live still work perfectly

I test it using some movies with mpc-hc (this media player allow me to choose any sound channel that I want to hear or not from the video)

You can try this video file to test surround sound ( Video File | Source )

Although it works like a stereo at the test, surround sound is fully functional

wolfhunter1043

Where can you see what version of 10586 you have?
Go to Run, Regedit.exe then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software - Microsoft - Windows NT - Current Version - CurrentBuild

I have the same issues as some others. With build 10586.3 I can see Dolby and DTS in my sound settings. When using the test Dolby option I hear the sound independently in each speaker and my it is receiving Dolby. However, I cannot get a single game or app including VLC to output in Dolby. It only works for that one specific test tone. Any ideas?

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620

My W10 64bit is 10586.3 and DTS , Dolby Digital , DTS I annd DDL are working , no problems here ..check your DWORD entry if you used A1 or you are doing something wrong .

k4l-el

Ok more testing, and it seems alot of games still dont work in 5.1, serious sam 3, bioshock, bioshock infinte, metro 2033 and thats just the ones i have tried, all worked perfect on xp and win 7, only got one to work so far and thats dead space, i think until this fix plays the dolby digital live through all speakers, this problem will be there, remember people, just because dolby digital shows up on your headphones and av receivers dont mean your getting 5.1, DD is also 2 channel.
I had the same problem, sounds like you're fighting with it too - keyword: xaudio2

Take a look here: http://xboxforums.create.msdn.com/forums/p/22533/675219.aspx
Many Games use these xaudio2 files (e..g. Bioshock, Witcher 3, Fallout 3+4, etc.) and "unhexed" they don't work via DTS and/or DDL.... (it's btw another problem thats persits unfixed by MS over years) :-/

Edit: The A1-Method works perfect since Win10 1511 :)

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
Definitely working on 10586.3 here. ASUS Maximus VIII Hero w ALC1150AC. I don't really need DDL or DTS:I any more, but I'm glad that it's working properly now.

Paholainen

did you do this step before installing modified drivers ?
>>>3. Disable driver signature enforcement from advanced startup when installing. To get into advanced startup for Win7/8/8.1/10, hold shift and press restart. For previous Windows versions, press F8 on startup. <-----!!!! VERY IMPORTANT TO DO or it wont work!!!! <<<

and once installed before rebooting this step ?
>>>2. After installation, open Run, type in "regedit" without quotes. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1. <--- be sure the DWORD is where it has to be or it wont work

Tried it still won't give me 5.1 DD... My win version is 10240, do I need to update? Also even though I disable the driver signature in startup it still ask me during installation if I want to install unsigned drivers, is this normal?

I have a pc that updated to 10586.3. and Dolby Digital Live still work perfectly

I test it using some movies with mpc-hc (this media player allow me to choose any sound channel that I want to hear or not from the video)

You can try this video file to test surround sound ( Video File | Source )

Although it works like a stereo at the test, surround sound is fully functional
Hi, dolby digital has always worked on windows 10 without any fix since its been out, i am on about it games.

All you guys saying its fixed it aint, fact, try running the dolby digital live test, it only comes out as stereo left and right, no centre or rear left rear right, the other test tone tab is for movies only and has always worked, for games its different.

Go to Run, Regedit.exe then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software - Microsoft - Windows NT - Current Version - CurrentBuild

I have the same issues as some others. With build 10586.3 I can see Dolby and DTS in my sound settings. When using the test Dolby option I hear the sound independently in each speaker and my it is receiving Dolby. However, I cannot get a single game or app including VLC to output in Dolby. It only works for that one specific test tone. Any ideas?
You will not hear it come from all speakers in control panel sound icon advanced tab, when chousing dolby digital live, only comes out of left and right, its not working.

My W10 64bit is 10586.3 and DTS , Dolby Digital , DTS I annd DDL are working , no problems here ..check your DWORD entry if you used A1 or you are doing something wrong .
Trust me its not working properly, movies will always work, gaming is different, try the test one for dolby digital live, will only come out of left and right, and remember, just because a game gives you sound in your rear speakers that dont mean its 5.1, that is just prologic from stereo source, completly different.

Definitely working on 10586.3 here. ASUS Maximus VIII Hero w ALC1150AC. I don't really need DDL or DTS:I any more, but I'm glad that it's working properly now.
Why would you not want 5.1 surround in games ?, thats what this thread is all about, as dolby digital/dts has always worked in windows 10 for movies.

Last edited by a moderator: