• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA GP104 "Pascal" ASIC Pictured

deu

System Name Bo-minator (my name is bo)
Processor AMD 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G-SkiLL 2x8GB RAM 3600Mhz (CL16-16-16-16-36)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX 1080Ti OC
Storage Samsung EVO 850 1TB
Display(s) ACER XB271HU + DELL 2717D
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Antec HCP 1000W
Mouse G403
Keyboard CM STORM Quick Fire Rapid
Software Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Benchmark Scores XX
Yes, I'm well aware that AMD's stock went up. Check back in 5 years.

I dont understand your argument ? :S So because the stock was higher 5 years ago, the fact that it have doubled in 3 mounths is not good? Last time it was this high was 1½+ year ago and

we have yet to see zen, polaris and vega which is for the first time could actually better than NVIDIA / Intel,
the got the 3 consoles,
partnered with samsung in Q4 '15
got to deliever CPUs to CERN
got MCHI deal

I'd say its going pretty ok for now. If zen and vega flunks yes they have a serious problem but if zen and polaris / vega lives up to the tech that have been revealed its looking bright.

deu

System Name Bo-minator (my name is bo)
Processor AMD 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G-SkiLL 2x8GB RAM 3600Mhz (CL16-16-16-16-36)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX 1080Ti OC
Storage Samsung EVO 850 1TB
Display(s) ACER XB271HU + DELL 2717D
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Antec HCP 1000W
Mouse G403
Keyboard CM STORM Quick Fire Rapid
Software Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Benchmark Scores XX
Jesus - reading all the comments following was like stepping in afterbirth. Some quite rabid fanboys on that site. Even our most avid AMD chaps here aren't that bad.

As for the stock jump - no biggie - AMD announces x,y and z and investors buy because people buy cheap stocks to gamble they will make money. It's speculative investment - most will sell just before the launch of Polaris and Zen. Also helps to announce a prospective mega bucks deal with China - makes it all look better.

Not saying these things are not good or happening but as a bit of an anti capitalist (specifically in the proliferation of huge private wealth, gained at the expense of others, with zero social distribution) I fucking hate the stock markets - they're bogus.

Im not 100% sure if you're stating that I am a fanboy or he is. Im on both sides so if your drawing the fanboy card to turn down my argument then you loose :0 Almost everything have been going the right way for AMD lately; no they have not magically returned to 50% marketshare and 15 dollars+ pr share but AMD actually have a chance to rival Intel and NVIDIA with upcomming products (at least alot of thing point at it.) Saying that AMD is digging itself deeper right now shows ignorance :0 Will they survive? maybe not, but right now they are for a change not making matter worse.

I dont understand your argument ?

The fact that AMD's stock went up based on a earnings report that was slightly less shitty than expected, says nothing about the company's viability. Not now or in the foreseeable future. We are all hoping they be able to compete at the cutting edge with Intel and Nvidia, but that is going to be extremely difficult for a company in their position (small and deeply in debt). They get contracts by being the low bidder and make small margins.

It's exciting that they are going to a smaller node, but in video cards they were already the same as Nvidia, and yet lost a lot of market share and profit. The "why" hasn't changed; lack of resources, R&D, and support. So they end up selling more expensive to produce and power hungry hardware for less money. Even if their initial designs for Vega and Zen are competitive they still have to keep improving, and their competitors are in a much better position. In other words the fundamental problems they've had the last few years are not going away anytime soon.

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
The fact that AMD's stock went up based on a earnings report that was slightly less shitty than expected ...
Wasn't that because of a contract with Chinese government?

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX. Water block. Crossflashed.
Storage Optane 900P[Fedora] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO+SN560 1TB(W11)
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) SMSL RAW-MDA1 DAC
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 40
What's with the stocks rubbish? It is a Pascal die thread. Again Zerg attacks.