• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Teases Their Upcoming Graphics Cards for 2020

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
What they have is good software engineering. If they can leverage that and show continuous support for features, they have a winner.
PS: they have this which I find interesting. Anything you can sample with a gaussian, you can use for centroid domain antialiasing which I find a good match to build a bilateral filter with.
Any 2x antialiasing mode will automatically generate 3 taps. The intermediate boundary is prone to artifacting the most. Bilateral filters have no negative 'intermediary' lobes however much you sharpen, so it can seam any image together without incurring any 'shock' of its own. It is a good basis point to postprocess an image - which gpus naturally do. Literally, if you are into type or video filtering, bilateral is a must for conserving the edge detail.

I don't doubt you know your stuff, but everytime you talk, you're way over my head. ;)

If we forget they have been building integrated GPUs since forever and that they know best where their manufacturing stands, you are spot on :wtf:

integrated GPU does not equal a competent scaled up dGPU that can compete with nvidia. Not sure what you mean by they know where their manufacturing stands. If you were referring to 10nm and the fabrication process, they just cant get 10nm ready. They promised 10nm 2 years ago. So imagine this scenario, TSMC has a 7nm or even better process than intel, and intel is still fumbling with 10nm, or intel does make it work, but it costs a lot more and yields suck. So nvidia has a gpu on the better TSMC process, and intel has what exactly. The point with the 10nm thing is that intel has made a lot of promises, and *not* delivered on them, which is on point with the complaint about this amazing GPU they just announced to be released at some point in the future as a lot of hype.

Tons of marketing BS comes out of california from companies. Again, if they have something decent that works, and its actually better than what you can get from nvidia or amd, ill be standing in line with you all to get one. And I also may see a Unicorn too.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
integrated GPU does not equal a competent scaled up dGPU that can compete with nvidia. Not sure what you mean by they know where their manufacturing stands. If you were referring to 10nm and the fabrication process, they just cant get 10nm ready. They promised 10nm 2 years ago. So imagine this scenario, TSMC has a 7nm or even better process than intel, and intel is still fumbling with 10nm, or intel does make it work, but it costs a lot more and yields suck. So nvidia has a gpu on the better TSMC process, and intel has what exactly. The point with the 10nm thing is that intel has made a lot of promises, and *not* delivered on them, which is on point with the complaint about this amazing GPU they just announced to be released at some point in the future as a lot of hype.

Tons of marketing BS comes out of california from companies. Again, if they have something decent that works, and its actually better than what you can get from nvidia or amd, ill be standing in line with you all to get one. And I also may see a Unicorn too.

Intel 10nm is roughly equivalent to others' 7nm. This keeps popping up to make them sound waaaay behind or something. I'm not blaming you, but it's kind of deceptive... whoever it is that started it.

It almost reminds me when RISC/PPC chips weren't pushing the same Mhz as Intel and the market instantly assumed they were vastly slower.. ignoring that they were different architectures.

Processor Ryzen 1700X
Motherboard Asus x370 Prime-Pro
Cooling MSI Frozr L (Push-Pull)
Memory 3000mhz CL15
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Gigabyte OC
Storage 15TB of Mixed Storage
Display(s) 3440x1440
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX + Sennheiser HD 598
Power Supply 750W
Intel 10nm is roughly equivalent to others' 7nm. This keeps popping up to make them sound waaaay behind or something. I'm not blaming you, but it's kind of deceptive... whoever it is that started it.

It almost reminds me when RISC/PPC chips weren't pushing the same Mhz as Intel and the market instantly assumed they were vastly slower.. ignoring that they were different architectures.
Was supposed to be equivalent to others' 7nm. But TSMC's 7nm is already out while there's no sight of Intel's 10nm, and we're hearing news (rumors) that they are going to give up on some of the performance to make it easier to mass produce at this point. By the time Intel releases something, TSMC will have already improved their 7nm further.

Im aware of the claims manufacturers are making about the lithography, and that they are exaggerated. But let's say 7nm TSMC is equivalent to 10nm intel. If the rumours are true it will be out next year, before intel's 10nm. And TSMC could very well leapfrog and have a process advantage the next step down. The point here was that intel does not have a process advantage, and they claimed that it would be ready 2 years ago. In that sense, they are way behind themselves, as they used to have a process advantage. So intel will have to have a better design to compete, and I might actually see a Unicorn too.