• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

1STPLAYER Bullet Hunter MK6 Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
1STPLAYER is a relatively unknown Chinese brand wanting to grab attention globally with their new keyboards. The Bullet Hunter MK6 mechanical keyboard offers RGB backlighting, extensive onboard controls, a software driver, and hot-swappable switches at a good price point, making it a strong contender for their goal.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M
Cooling Ice Hammer IH-4***
Memory 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair
Video Card(s) Asus HD7870 2GB
Storage 500GB SATAII Samsung | 500GB SATAII Seagate
Display(s) 23" LG 23EA63V-P
Case Thermaltake V3 Black Edition
Audio Device(s) VIA VT1708S
Power Supply Corsair TX650W
Software Windows 10 x64
Curious why 2 year warranty on a $55 keyboard is considered a downside - I looked through the last 25 keyboard reviews on TPU and only 2 offered 3 years - a $150 and a $250 keyboard, with others offering 1-2 years.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Curious why 2 year warranty on a $55 keyboard is considered a downside - I looked through the last 25 keyboard reviews on TPU and only 2 offered 3 years - a $150 and a $250 keyboard, with others offering 1-2 years.

Standards have to keep improving with time. What was good an year ago is only average today, especially when companies like to brag about high quality manufacturing but don't back it up with a longer warranty. My goal is to essentially get companies to have a minimum of 3-years of warranty for most active devices, and 1-year for passive devices.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I think Corsair would like a word...

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Well done! Thanks!

I get the plight, but taking what would be considered an appropriate warranty length for the product type and price, especially considering the landscape in general, is, well, curious. Standards don't necessarily improve with time... they should, but forcing them by dinging a proper length in a review may not be the best way to influence. I mean say that is what you want in reviews, but you can't really ding this review and none of the rest who have the same warranty length.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Well done! Thanks!

I get the plight, but taking what would be considered an appropriate warranty length for the product type and price, especially considering the landscape in general, is, well, curious. Standards don't necessarily improve with time... they should, but forcing them by dinging a proper length in a review may not be the best way to influence. I mean say that is what you want in reviews, but you can't really ding this review and none of the rest who have the same warranty length.

I've done this consistently for a while now with keyboards, but of course it matters less now that we no longer have a numeric score. For what it is worth, I did not give a lot of importance to this in the overall score- especially for less expensive keyboards.

Good... at least it was consistent. :)

That said, dinging them (anyone) is still curious. It makes sense if the industry standard was 3 years and this was 2... but as noted, 2 of your last 25 reviews were 2 years. It just blends too much of what you want and goes against what is held as good/acceptable in the industry - for this specific example, a $55 keyboard.

Be thankful those scores are gone... they were terrible.

Anyway, thanks again for the review. :)

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Good... at least it was consistent. :)

That said, dinging them (anyone) is still curious. It makes sense if the industry standard was 3 years and this was 2... but as noted, 2 of your last 25 reviews were 2 years. It just blends too much of what you want and goes against what is held as good/acceptable in the industry - for this specific example, a $55 keyboard.

Be thankful those scores are gone... they were terrible.

Anyway, thanks again for the review. :)

Dinging is a harsh word for the intention here, but I do see what you and the others are getting at. I'll think about it for future keyboard reviews.

Well, its on the thumbs down/cons side. That is, for all intents and purposes, 'dinging' it. You are holding that common warranty term against it (ding is defined as criticize or penalize).

Cheers. :)

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Well, its on the thumbs down/cons side. That is, for all intents and purposes, 'dinging' it. You are holding that common warranty term against it (ding is defined as criticize or penalize).

Cheers. :)

Yeah, I think henceforth I will just talk about warranty and my thoughts in the text and not have it be a dedicated point in any of the pros or cons list. Thanks for sharing your feedback :)