• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Invites Gamers for a Graphics Odyssey Spanning Multiple Continents

fed up by a decade in Nvidia's shadow
Most would say Radeon R790 TeraScale Architecture of (April 2009) overshadow GeForce 200 and then even more so Fermi (April 2010). GCN 1.0 Tahiti (January 2012) and then Kepler (March 2012) where very competitive, up until Maxwell arrival Sep 19th, 2014

At AMD you're polishing a decade-old technology
Tahiti was 2012, and even up until Hawaii (October 2013) verses Maxwell coming out a year later (Sept 2014) did Nvidia move out-front. While wasn't truly eclipsed (and competition waned in the high-end/Enthusiast segment) until the arrival Pascal finally in May of 2016. This is about the time AMD/RGT said they wouldn't be pursuing the Enthusiast Gaming segment, focusing resources in the Professional deep learning/HPC markets.

Get your history straight... noob

Last edited:
System Name CS Prime
Processor i7-5775C @4ghz eDRAM @ 2ghz
Motherboard Z97 Sabertooth USB 3.1 Mk1
Cooling Corsair H90
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3L @ 2ghz x2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Windforce GTX1080
Storage 512GB NVMe MyDigitalSSD BPXP, 4TB SATA WD Blue
Display(s) Q900RB
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-X3700H
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 650
Mouse MX Master
Keyboard MX Keys
I'm looking forward to what this means to their IGP.
The tiny HD IGP is perfect for just providing the video signal (and also for it's hardware encoding abilities).

I agree.

I use a 5775C with a GTX 1080. The 1080 is only used for heavy tasks, the iG gets browsing/office use and video decoding. Also suitable for quick encoding and light gaming. It a pain to setup that way though.

Most would say Radeon R790 TeraScale Architecture of (April 2009) overshadow GeForce 200 and then even more so Fermi (April 2010). GCN 1.0 Tahiti (January 2012) and then Kepler (March 2012) where very competitive, up until Maxwell arrival Sep 19th, 2014

Tahiti was 2012, and even up until Hawaii (October 2013) verses Maxwell a year later (Sept 2014), and wasn't truly eclipsed until the arrival Pascal finally in May of 2016.
Obviously, I didn't mean technology, but the market success. If you're an employee, you may have satisfaction because your product is advanced, but that's not enough to get you a salary.

And imagine the situation when you're working for AMD - the second largest CPU/GPU manufacturer with all this great tech... but then you ask some friends and they either don't know what AMD is or they thought AMD has been out of business for years. :)
Get your history straight... noob
Just based on this comment I'm pretty sure you have nothing interesting to say. :)
Having a nickname like mine is quite useful.

It's like if you're called "Dick" and some people make jokes when you meet them for the first time. You just know it'll be the last one as well. :)