• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Outsells Intel 2:1 on European Retailer Mindfactory.de

So both are limited markets. Thanks for confirming my point. :p

Steam clearly says SHS is opt-in and Steam has never given numbers on what that % is derived of. MF.de you have actual sales figures.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
MF.de you have actual sales figures.

Of themselves, presumably.

And only themselves.

My point was something along the lines of "neither of these are a complete picture..." but ah, who am I kidding. Enjoy your pick and choose "surveys."

Of themselves, presumably.

And only themselves.

Yes, Equating the 2 is silly tho.

SHS if a undefined % that is unknown (unpublished). That unknown % can be anything.

MF.de is sales figures. From the source they been dumping those figures for awhile.

You wont get a complete picture if they are only reporting their own sales figures. Not like BestBuy will report Microcentre sales figures. Your getting a snap shot into their CPU sales figure is all.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
Yes, Equating the 2 is silly tho.

SHS if a undefined % that is unknown (unpublished). That unknown % can be anything.

MF.de is sales figures. From the source they been dumping those figures for awhile.

You wont get a complete picture if they are only reporting their own sales figures. Not like BestBuy will report Microcentre sales figures. Your getting a snap shot into their CPU sales figure is all.
I think we all agree it is sales figures and there's no doubt about it. Anyway, the MindFactory is only one reseller. There's hundreds of them and more of them are focused on the server markets while MF is general reseller. Intel still beats AMD with server side of things. Not because the frequency or value but mostly for the features and reliability. We know that Intel's CPU doesn't bring much in terms of IPC comparing to previous generations. The IPC is good from the start and AMD needs to catch up and they do it very well. Companies, such us the one I work for, are willing to buy Intel cause it's been in the market for a long time, they have a good product and yes extremely expensive but it's been there a long time. It works and companies would rather spend this kind of cash for it. AMD TR offering is outstanding and at some point all the companies will be switching if they keep up what they are doing.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Lots of mights and maybes when you're looking at two sources which don't represent everything, for one reason or another. Anybody can say your source is crap for whatever reasons it might be bad while supporting theirs for whatever reasons it might be good to support their flavor of koolaid.

A lot of people still rooting against AMD, they forgot that before ZEN intel was ripping us off with 4-core CPUs... ok, they still rip us off, but now with have 6-cores.
Just how was Intel ripping you off? They were selling a particular product at an acceptable price. It's like they lost revenue in that period or civilization stopped developing because we couldn't afford CPUs.

It's hard to get a good example of "ripping off". It would have to be due to some external conditions. I.e. you live in a closed economy and a particular product costs much more than it does on the other side of the border.

AMD Pushing Intel with More cores and better performance is good for everyone (except intel), i Really hope (as a consumer) that Someday AMD passes intel and they have to lower their prices, Same thing with GPU's but that is really Unlikely (and sad for us, the consumers).
Why do you hope (as a consumer) that AMD passes Intel? I mean: how would you benefit *as a consumer*?

I think we all agree it is sales figures and there's no doubt about it. Anyway, the MindFactory is only one reseller. There's hundreds of them and more of them are focused on the server markets while MF is general reseller. Intel still beats AMD with server side of things. Not because the frequency or value but mostly for the features and reliability. We know that Intel's CPU doesn't bring much in terms of IPC comparing to previous generations. The IPC is good from the start and AMD needs to catch up and they do it very well. Companies, such us the one I work for, are willing to buy Intel cause it's been in the market for a long time, they have a good product and yes extremely expensive but it's been there a long time. It works and companies would rather spend this kind of cash for it. AMD TR offering is outstanding and at some point all the companies will be switching if they keep up what they are doing.
This ignores the basic premise of the thread which is - AMD is beating Intel in DIY market in terms of volumes & perhaps $ in many places around the world. The point about enterprise, servers, gamers is kinda irrelevant. Of course people will see whatever they want to see, bringing in SHS for instance & trying to invalidate a crystal clear trend :rolleyes:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-intel-cpu-diy-market-share,39017.html
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-sales-ryzen-cpu-intel,38901.html
Intel cuts off DiY desktop processor supply chain

Screenshot (98).png

When was the last time you saw this on Amazon? Now please continue telling us how SHS is more relevant than actual, hard sales numbers! Not pointed at one individual but everyone who can't see the trend. The only exception could be Asia where AMD doesn't have as strong a channel presence as Europe or NA.

Last edited:
Because the statistics collection method is flawed.

That being said, you get flaws nearly everywhere in any digitally administered survey. The question is how bad...
It's not flawed. People simply can't read it properly. You have a very precise information: what GPUs are used by Steam users. GPUs are not unique. It's not market share.

You and your life partner read the same magazine. How many magazines where bought? 1. How many people read it? 2.
It's a different number. It has it's uses.

Also, while the data gathered by Steam differs from market share, the direction isn't obvious. And all arguments given here are just AMD-fanboy wishfull thinking. Like: because internet cafes use Nvidia. We don't know what.

The same people that criticize Steam's data applaud sales statistics from Microcenter or figures provided by Passmark, where in both cases it's obvious that they overestimate AMD share (because of the unrepresentative user group).
It's really obvious what's going on here.

Last edited:

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
It's really obvious what's going on here.

I believe it's just another pissing contest. Buy the product you like and be happy.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
It's not flawed. People simply can't read it properly. You have a very precise information: what GPUs are used by Steam users. GPUs are not unique. It's not market share.

How is it precise if Steam doesn't divulge the number of users that take part in the SHS? Steam doesn't say what the sample size is for SHS.

How is it precise if Steam doesn't divulge the number of users that take part in the SHS? Steam doesn't say what the sample size is for SHS.
Why would you need the sample size? You suspect it's too small?

Figures are quite stable, so at least that doesn't suggest any problem.
Dispersion (error) would be nice (statistically), but Steam Survey isn't meant to be scientific. It's a tidbit.

Why would you need the sample size? You suspect it's too small?

Figures are quite stable, so at least that doesn't suggest any problem.
Dispersion (error) would be nice (statistically), but Steam Survey isn't meant to be scientific. It's a tidbit.

Why assume the number if they themselves aren't willing to divulge it. Isn't that making stuff up?

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
This ignores the basic premise of the thread which is - AMD is beating Intel in DIY market in terms of volumes & perhaps $ in many places around the world. The point about enterprise, servers, gamers is kinda irrelevant. Of course people will see whatever they want to see, bringing in SHS for instance & trying to invalidate a crystal clear trend :rolleyes:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-intel-cpu-diy-market-share,39017.html
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-sales-ryzen-cpu-intel,38901.html
Intel cuts off DiY desktop processor supply chain

When was the last time you saw this on Amazon? Now please continue telling us how SHS is more relevant than actual, hard sales numbers! Not pointed at one individual but everyone who can't see the trend. The only exception could be Asia where AMD doesn't have as strong a channel presence as Europe or NA.

Yeah Amazon. That's really great but I don't think you get what I wanted to say. I bet companies like Kontron, HP, Dell and more don't order from Amazon or MindFactory or eBay etc. but straight from the producer and build their own product using certain components. You are talking about reseller or online shopping for users and small firms which shows great figures for AMD and that's great. I cheer for AMD. I think you've missed my point. I don't think it's irrelevant since these products count as well. AMD's catching up and Amazon is some sort of information about the goods flow. People tent to choose AMD vs Intel but this doesn't mean the industry, big companies are doing the same.

Yeah Amazon. That's really great but I don't think you get what I wanted to say. I bet companies like Kontron, HP, Dell and more don't order from Amazon or MindFactory or eBay etc. but straight from the producer and build their own product using certain components. You are talking about reseller or online shopping for users and small firms which shows great figures for AMD and that's great. I cheer for AMD. I think you've missed my point. I don't think it's irrelevant since these products count as well. AMD's catching up and Amazon is some sort of information about the goods flow. People tent to choose AMD vs Intel but this doesn't mean the industry, big companies are doing the same.
I get that & pointed the same in the last few pages, DIY market barely makes up 10% of the sales from OEM & likely even lesser if you count the direct sales to the big companies. This news piece deals with retail & DIY, Intel constricted & severely restricted their supply to fulfill short & long term OEM obligations in Q4 -> therefore AMD's exposure in this sector is booming as a result of Zen & Intel. You couldn't even buy the value king G4560 at a normal price in the last few months, possibly even now & their lower margin i3, i5 chips are also overpriced atm. So the Mindfactory numbers, along with Amazon & EU numbers are indicative of a larger trend.

Now this won't get AMD to pre Conroe levels of dominance & for that AMD will have to execute nearly flawlessly for another 5 years. Anyone shrugging the message from this news needs to take a good hard look at what they're saying. There is no ambiguity here, if you want "better" data how about shoot an email to Ingram Micro?

Last edited:
Why assume the number if they themselves aren't willing to divulge it. Isn't that making stuff up?
What do you mean by "assume the number"?
They wanted to show hardware popularity, not quantity.

AMD needs to re-gain market share. This will be something beneficial to everyone. Problem for that is that intel's marketing is significantly better at their job then the actual manufacturers of intel's parts.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600@80W
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9X OPTIMA
Memory 2*8GB PATRIOT PVS416G400C9K@3733MT_C16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6750 XT Pulse 12GB
Storage Sandisk SSD 128GB, Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB, Samsung F1 1TB, WD Black 10TB
Display(s) AOC 27G2U/BK IPS 144Hz
Case SHARKOON M25-W 7.1 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Realtek 7.1 onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W
Mouse Sharkoon SHARK Force Black
Keyboard Trust GXT280
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/Win 10 pro 64bit/Manjaro Linux
It went to AMD>80% vs INTEL<20% on March 2019

Last edited:

Earlzmoade

You should say that its german because they wont ship to other european countries.

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
Do you work at Intel or something?
there's people who buy from intel but don't work for intel.
e.g. - you.

is "works for intel/nvidia" the only way you can respond to people ?

If you've looked at Amazon Best Sellers more often, you'd know how unstable it is.
Or maybe you know and it was done on purpose.

This is the current top 10.
Leading: the most expensive, most power hungry and the most ridiculously packed consumer CPU we have today.

1555143540882.png

When will OEM propose AMD Ryzen workstation?!
You mean desktops for enterprises? They already had. Lenovo, HP and Dell had some business desktops with Ryzen in the lineup. If you search long enough, you'll still find something:
https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/deskto.../m-series-sff/ThinkCentre-M725s/p/11TC1MD725S

This market is dominated by Intel, because current AMD lineup isn't seen as attractive at the moment. Slight price difference isn't enough.

Currently i7-8700 is the CPU that Intel markets for high-end business desktops (just under the ECC-enabled segment). AMD is competing with Ryzen 7 2700, which is a bit slower in real life.
And AMD task is not to match Intel anyway. They have to pull ahead by a significant margin. Otherwise, why would anyone leave the brand they used for years?

If you mean the high-end workstation (ECC, pro GPUs and certification), then it's not for Ryzen but EPYC/Threadripper.