• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hi, I have a Dell laptop from 2013 which has Conexant audio chip and has no official driver for windows 10. What is the best thing I could install to boost my audio ?

Ouin

Hello ladies and gentleman.
I will be honest, i have gone through some of these pages but i don't understand 90% of what is going on so i will keep my questions simple.
I have some decent headphones (Sennheiser HD8 Dj) and they are plugged in to my Sabertooth x79 motherboard. Also Windows 10 version is 1809 and OS build is 17763.437
Considering what i have, i just want the best sound for music and some times games.
Should i install all of this, just some of it or it's not for me?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ScrooW

Hello ladies and gentleman.
I will be honest, i have gone through some of these pages but i don't understand 90% of what is going on so i will keep my questions simple.
I have some decent headphones (Sennheiser HD8 Dj) and they are plugged in to my Sabertooth x79 motherboard. Also Windows 10 version is 1809 and OS build is 17763.437
Considering what i have, i just want the best sound for music and some times games.
Should i install all of this, just some of it or it's not for me?
Thanks in advance.

I'm no expert, but the best combination I've found so far is dolby atmos for gaming + dts. Leave only those two that you like.

Szaboo41

Hi! I have a CMedia 8738 SX sound card, it has any modded drivers?
it sounds terrible with original drivers.
Please send me modded driver

System Name PowerNotebooks PowerPro R 6:8-780 (MSI GT-70)
Processor i7-4800MQ
Cooling My own custom-built cooling pad
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) Upgraded to 980M from 780M
Storage 3x240GB mSATA in RAID 0 + 1TB HD, plus USB externals
Display(s) 17.3 1920x1080 LP173WF1-TLB3 built-in - Samsung 6 series 4K external
Just tried this on my MSI GT70 - I use a Toslink digital connection for my surround sound system and an analog connection to my headphones. This has overall been the best sound I've gotten on Windows 10 - Thanks!. Couple issues:

1. The DTS Audio app always shows "DTS Audio processing is bypassed for direct multi-channel output". What triggers this?
2. The Realtek HD Audio Manager seems more limited than the version I previously I had installed. In particular, I'm not able to re-define the analog jacks and more importantly I can't split the microphone definition between the built-in and the external analog.
3. While I was enjoying the sound (both digital & analog) it took quite a bit of fiddling to get the microphone to work. Finally selecting "Disable all sound effects" in the Microphone Properties got it functional. But I would like to be able to use the Creative and/or Nahimic enhancements. Any ideas?

Otherwise thanks very much for this package!

Hi everyone So... Dolby atmos in spatial sound is fixed in the last build 19h1 18362 So you can use also with the modded driver for those who want Dolby atmos for headphones in spatial format

imnambarn

7.1 work with soundblaster calibration but when it's done it's not work anymore need help
ALC1150

Note for all of you Sound blaster is not multichannel audio decoder like dolby PCEE4, Sound blaster is affect only front channels in multichannel configuration and to enable surround speakers use Movie profile in PCEE4 UI app or Speaker fill checkbox in Sound manager With bass management checkbox

System Name Gaming PC / I7 XEON
Processor I7 4790K @stock / XEON W3680 @ stock
Motherboard Asus Z97 MAXIMUS VII FORMULA / GIGABYTE X58 UD7
Cooling X61 Kraken / X61 Kraken
Memory 32gb Vengeance 2133 Mhz / 24b Corsair XMS3 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Gainward GLH 1080 / MSI Gaming X Radeon RX480 8 GB
Storage Samsung EVO 850 500gb ,3 tb seagate, 2 samsung 1tb in raid 0 / Kingdian 240 gb, megaraid SAS 9341-8
Display(s) 2 BENQ 27" GL2706PQ / Dell UP2716D LCD Monitor 27 "
Case Corsair Graphite Series 780T / Corsair Obsidian 750 D
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD / ON BOARD
Power Supply Sapphire Pure 950w / Corsair RMI 750w
Mouse Steelseries Sesnsei / Steelseries Sensei raw
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma / Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Software Windows 1064bit PRO / Windows 1064bit PRO
hey guys do you know how to enable the realtek control panel in w10 ver 1809? thannk you in advance.

Hi Guys,

I always did the old Alternative method with modded dll on windows 1803 since a few years from win 7 / 10 . Quick and easy and it worked. Now i changed my Motherboard to: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO with Realtek® ALC1220-VB codec.
Now the simple method does not work anymore. What can i do now? i only need to activate DDL or DTS as option, other full things i see people speak about like home theatre and atmos i dont care about.
Just want DDL and DTS in the option screen as before in windows. Whats the fastest way to enable for now? i have taken the last realtek driver from my motherboard supplier. But with these new realtek installation files/setup there is no similar file anymore what matches the modded dll. PLease help thanks for the reply. So give me the right post link i must download and install. (because there many posts)

@knightvision this thread is for dolby digital ouput via spdif mod the download link is on page 1 post 1 I think that alc1220 is supported but you must try the driver works good in latest update of windows 10 build 18362 so this is dolby mod if you looking for dts mod try another thread

Hi i always did it for the spdif, i use that. Always did the Alternative method. I want DD and DTS.... so you say try your dj urko file?
So that has not the DTS option in windows anymore like the old method?

@knightvision I dont understand you this is driver mod and not the patched dlls this driver mod is only for dolby digital look the screenshots on post 1 the download link is also there I cant help you anymore

Yes i need the normal patched DLL method for output optical via spdif, you dont have the information?
Because the old method does not work for me with the new codec.

It worked for me with the alan fox driver, i have: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO with Realtek® ALC1220-VB codec. i choose the DTS option. (windows 1803)

hi everyone,
@Dj Urko, i need your help, i have a 5.1 speakers system connected through SPDIF, in the advance tab i have the default format set to dolby digital, dolby home theater V4 is on and the virtual surround is check and the slider is maxed out, but only the two front speakers work, how can i set the dolby digital to play in 5.1 sound?

PS: Audio Codec: ALC892

thanks

Last edited:
So Latest Insider build which is build 18890 DTS Sound Inbound is available to download into the Store for Spatial sound. ok can someone has trying to get this to work because I always get this error. Thank you.
DTS.PNG

Chao

I have installed successfully and I can hear the sound.
But the sound is very strange, like mix lots of effects.
My codec is ALC1220, MB is Gigabyte H370 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI

Can I uninstall this driver from the control panel and install an older version of the Realtek drivers to use with this mod? Will that mess up the Dolby and other stuff from this mod? For some reason, my rear speaker's volume is extremely low even with surround sound enabled. More importantly, is there any way to stop this from auto-updating itself? Not sure if its the Realtek drivers or the nahimic or soundblaster app but something keeps telling me to restart because the audio driver has been updated.

@EvolutionXIII if you set dolby home theatre v4 to movie you will enable surround speakers by dolby pro logic decoder if you want full might surround speakers and center use speaker fill checkbox in Realtek sound manager also with bass management checkbox if your driver is automatically updated uninstall via control panel and install the mod correctly

@Dj Urko I managed to get it working properly by installing just the dolby and leaving out others from install. Oddly enough, I don't get the constant crackling I was getting before and my audio sounds so much better. It doesn't make much sense as I had soundblaster and nahimic effects disabled but something was still messing with my sound giving voices a sort of reverb effect that I couldn't disable. Also, is dts connect the equivalent speaker fill? because that's how I got the rear speakers to activate this time even though I know I had it activated before.

Solve3

Someone have this problem of atmos,nihimic and other app installed through .appx
It just force close when starting the app.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.