• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Saga Of 'Star Citizen,' A Video Game That Raised $300 Million—But May Never Be Ready To Play

System Name BoX-Server | 775PC
Processor I3 3.5GHZ (3150) | Modded Xeon E5450 (OC @3.60)
Motherboard ASRock B85M-ITX | ASUS P5Q-EM
Cooling OEZM HSK | 120MM Heatsink (2-FANs)
Memory 8GB DDR3 (2x4GB) | 8GB DDR2 (4x2GB)
Video Card(s) Onboard | NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4GB
Storage 120GB SSD 1TB WD | 120GB SSD 1TB Seagate 500GB HDD <<
Display(s) DELL 17" LCD 1280x1024 | ASUS 24" LCD IPS
Case CoolerMaster 110 | DIYPC N1e-SPORT
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 550WATT | Rosewill 530WATT
Mouse Input-Director| RoseWill FUSION C40
Keyboard Input-Director | RoseWill FUSION
Software WiN10ET/WiN11ET
The development of this game was just too much for me to wait on. Like I mean I loved Freelancer and the developer wanted this game to be 100% Graphical, story and world space wise to explore as what Freelancer was when you complete the story

I loved the Freelancer Mod I played with called Tow "Tides of War" a StarWars Mod. I so much fun but it had to go to. Here's my journey...

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
What about if the delays are infinite?

I don't care because I don't have any money invested in it. Space Sims aren't really my thing either so my heart won't be broken either.

That said, the ambitions are large enough that it could be a great game. I don't have much faith in the studio.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Temporary MSI RTX 4070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Temporary Viewsonic 4K 60 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I wonder if a big-name studio will swoop in and make a similar style of game to see if they can capitalize on what is clearly a "want" for a group of well-heeled gamers.

Doubtful......the buzz around the Star Craft Squadron 42 release is dying out for some years now. It's not a game that the vast majority of people give a damn about anymore anyway. Roberts has been slowly slipping in to a has-been forgotten Developer for years now and a joke.

Maybe that will change. I hope so.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 3
Software Win 11 Pro x64
Doubtful......the buzz around the Star Craft Squadron 42 release is dying out for some years now. It's not a game that the vast majority of people give a damn about anymore anyway. Roberts has been slowly slipping in to a has-been forgotten Developer for years now and a joke.

Maybe that will change. I hope so.
Says you...All I bought in for is SQ42...the rest can go fly off into space...

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
Let me preface by saying that I have no stake on this game other than being amazed at their initial promise. But as an outsider it felt kinda irresponsible (to me) hiring hollywood actors for mocap cutscene.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
I'm disappointed by the feature delays, but am familiar with how common they are in a software development program of this size. I can see a lot of progress and there's great communication from the development team. I also regularly spend quite a bit of time in the PTU and Live servers watching game mechanics being deployed and refined. There's a long way to go, but it's pretty amazing already!
Please do share, because I'm a software developer and I'm not. Google itself didn't take 8 years to get something working that was better than the competition out the door, but hey, I don't know everything.

I remember hearing about D3, when we still played D2.

It took some time to actually play D3.

And thats A LOT easier game to do than absurdly big MMO in space.

People are spoiled.

bug

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
I remember hearing about D3, when we still played D2.

It took some time to actually play D3.

And thats A LOT easier game to do than absurdly big MMO in space.

People are spoiled.
I remember Blizzard took one year between competing D2 and releasing the game to the public. They only did balancing during that year. But that obviously doesn't apply here.
And stop bringing in the scope as an argument: project management has cracked this problem decades ago, it's called iterative development. I.e. you can release a game where you can fly your ship in space and undertake missions and later on add the ability to land on planets and trade and further down the line implement the ability to buy plots of land and whatnot without affecting the quality of title.
This game is not huge in scope, it's a textbook case of how not to manage a software project.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Call me Stupid or a fan of Descent but
they could have borrowed from that platform and updated/rewrote Engine.
You would have had a dam good basic level multi player Arena
use of the ftl/jump engine to move/spawn in another area ( different maps and Micro transaction/ access)
Use of Different maps /levels/Regions as they could be called would be add on (paid Content) and would be inifinatly Expandable ( only limited by Game Servers).
This Could have been Accomplished for a Fraction of what has/will been invested and it would probably have been on the retail Shelves 18 to 24 months ago.

I think of this game as a form of Electronic Ponzi scheme ( just update enough to keep the investors pumping in their $£).

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Call me Stupid or a fan of Descent but
they could have borrowed from that platform and updated/rewrote Engine.
You would have had a dam good basic level multi player Arena
use of the ftl/jump engine to move/spawn in another area ( different maps and Micro transaction/ access)
Use of Different maps /levels/Regions as they could be called would be add on (paid Content) and would be inifinatly Expandable ( only limited by Game Servers).
This Could have been Accomplished for a Fraction of what has/will been invested and it would probably have been on the retail Shelves 18 to 24 months ago.

I think of this game as a form of Electronic Ponzi scheme ( just update enough to keep the investors pumping in their $£).
Honestly, there's probably a zillion ways this could have been done that would have put something in the hands of backer by now, with a higher quality than what we see right now.
I'm reluctant to call the whole thing a Ponzi scheme, it's just consistent with what Mr Roberts does (see his history with Freelancer).

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
I remember Blizzard took one year between competing D2 and releasing the game to the public. They only did balancing during that year. But that obviously doesn't apply here.
And stop bringing in the scope as an argument: project management has cracked this problem decades ago, it's called iterative development. I.e. you can release a game where you can fly your ship in space and undertake missions and later on add the ability to land on planets and trade and further down the line implement the ability to buy plots of land and whatnot without affecting the quality of title.
This game is not huge in scope, it's a textbook case of how not to manage a software project.

The scope is pretty significant though.

Another big part of this, is that its a scope consisting of 100% moving elements. As in, the only thing they really had was a version of CryEngine, that later got switched to Lumberyard. Support came and went, Crytek nearly came and went, even.

But its not just the engine that's moving. People too. Dev teams were incomplete, located in the wrong place or lacking crucial skills. And then there is the project itself. The earlier years were not just building up the lore and game setting/world (easy to do without coding much, and independant of how you code game mechanics or handle them in the engine), but also doing what was possible with the people available at the time. There is also not the luxury of a copy pasted 'base' for the game. Literally everything is done from scratch. You can't do iterative development without a solid base. Well you can, but the result is a horrible mess you'll never get out of again. Its easy to get stuck in your own ground rules later on.

If you do 'a project' within a larger company that does lots of similar projects, or has already done one or two of them with existing teams and having some collective experience then sure, Star Citizen is the worst example of how to do it right. But if you consider all those moving parts... I think what we've got today is quite the achievement.

The element of time is a problem, but its mostly our impatience with that than anything else that causes the problem. Not the way the project is managed. We're just waiting too long for it - like you say, we need a product in backer's hands. And apparently, what's there today is not enough for many... but many also don't see how much is already built into that content we do have. The code base for iterative development is just about ready.

Besides, would you REALLY want an iterative singleplayer campaign? Its the worst possible invention in gaming. See Hitman. Totally didn't work. I'll take my campaign without cliffhangers... The iterative dev process starts and continues on the PU - they've figured out that a single star system or hub is quite a bit of work, so we'll get that spoonfed to us - and that seems fine to me, as long as they're not paid expacs...

And yeah one more thing that WOULD help is Roberts who needs to stop moving the goal posts all the time. Because I do agree that is one huge factor in this whole story.

Last edited:

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
The scope is pretty significant though.

Another big part of this, is that its a scope consisting of 100% moving elements. As in, the only thing they really had was a version of CryEngine, that later got switched to Lumberyard. Support came and went, Crytek nearly came and went, even.

But its not just the engine that's moving. People too. Dev teams were incomplete, located in the wrong place or lacking crucial skills. And then there is the project itself. The earlier years were not just building up the lore and game setting/world (easy to do without coding much, and independant of how you code game mechanics or handle them in the engine), but also doing what was possible with the people available at the time. There is also not the luxury of a copy pasted 'base' for the game. Literally everything is done from scratch. You can't do iterative development without a solid base. Well you can, but the result is a horrible mess you'll never get out of again. Its easy to get stuck in your own ground rules later on.

If you do 'a project' within a larger company that does lots of similar projects, or has already done one or two of them with existing teams and having some collective experience then sure, Star Citizen is the worst example of how to do it right. But if you consider all those moving parts... I think what we've got today is quite the achievement.

The element of time is a problem, but its mostly our impatience with that than anything else that causes the problem. Not the way the project is managed. We're just waiting too long for it - like you say, we need a product in backer's hands. And apparently, what's there today is not enough for many... but many also don't see how much is already built into that content we do have. The code base for iterative development is just about ready.

Besides, would you REALLY want an iterative singleplayer campaign? Its the worst possible invention in gaming. See Hitman. Totally didn't work. I'll take my campaign without cliffhangers... The iterative dev process starts and continues on the PU - they've figured out that a single star system or hub is quite a bit of work, so we'll get that spoonfed to us - and that seems fine to me, as long as they're not paid expacs...

And yeah one more thing that WOULD help is Roberts who needs to stop moving the goal posts all the time. Because I do agree that is one huge factor in this whole story.
And again, we only have to look at Path of Exile to see how this was actually done iteratively. Sure, you'd be hard pressed to find similarities between the single player PoE campaign today and single player PoE v1.0, but really, who cares?

Also, iterative development only ends up in a mess if you're doing it wrong.

And if all you've said is true and there were challenges wrt the team, those would be reasons to bring scope under control asap, not expand it. So, again, mismanagement.

Processor 7800X3D
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Mouse XTRFY M42
And again, we only have to look at Path of Exile to see how this was actually done iteratively. Sure, you'd be hard pressed to find similarities between the single player PoE campaign today and single player PoE v1.0, but really, who cares?

Also, iterative development only ends up in a mess if you're doing it wrong.

And if all you've said is true and there were challenges wrt the team, those would be reasons to bring scope under control asap, not expand it. So, again, mismanagement.

When working with people its pretty difficult to straight up compare projects. And even GGG didn't have a smooth ride... but let's face it, they're making a simple 2D ARPG that's been made a hundred times over, and even that one suffered from severe networking issues right up until a few years ago. The game was already feature complete but they still didn't manage to fix server desync. Whole sets of skillgems were unusable for a looong time. Tried a Flicker Strike build? It was good fun... not.

And let's not speak of the game's economy, because that one is pretty fundamentally broken. A separate trading site to find people ingame? What is this, Diablo 2 or is it 2019 by now? Whales dominate the online game and they've been doing that ever since it was released. GGG had some pretty shitty rebalancing going on, and there is a whole hoard of completely broken items out there, that will never be deleted. Lovely, that iterative development ey :)

So yeah... mismanagement? I think some nuance should be applied. The only reason to conclude that, is because you feel its taking too long. Not because the project is failing, because its really not. Content gets produced, builds get released, people see progress.

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
When working with people its pretty difficult to straight up compare projects. And even GGG didn't have a smooth ride... but let's face it, they're making a simple 2D ARPG that's been made a hundred times over, and even that one suffered from severe networking issues right up until a few years ago. The game was already feature complete but they still didn't manage to fix server desync. Whole sets of skillgems were unusable for a looong time. Tried a Flicker Strike build? It was good fun... not.

And let's not speak of the game's economy, because that one is pretty fundamentally broken. A separate trading site to find people ingame? What is this, Diablo 2 or is it 2019 by now? Whales dominate the online game and they've been doing that ever since it was released. GGG had some pretty shitty rebalancing going on, and there is a whole hoard of completely broken items out there, that will never be deleted. Lovely, that iterative development ey :)

So yeah... mismanagement? I think some nuance should be applied. The only reason to conclude that, is because you feel its taking too long. Not because the project is failing, because its really not. Content gets produced, builds get released, people see progress.
Hey, I've only been into this software development thing for almost two decades now, but if you're telling me SC is not taking too long, you probably know better. ;)

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) ASUS PROART RTX 4070 Ti-Super OC 16GB, 2670MHz, 0.93V
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data), ASUS BW-16D1HT (BluRay)
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White, MODDIY 12VHPWR Cable
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
The only thing that Star Citizen seems to do well is very well detailed graphical models. The screenshots and carefully choreographed videos present the image of a successful game project. Its clearly focused around hype generation and selling virtual property. The actual gameplay is shallow.

Processor 7800X3D
Mouse XTRFY M42
Hey, I've only been into this software development thing for almost two decades now, but if you're telling me SC is not taking too long, you probably know better. ;)

Nah, I dont... I guess I still give CIG the benefit of the doubt, especially because Ive also seen lots of successful projects that really didnt turn into great products either. You named POE.. as good as it is, it also carries flaws that relate to replayability in a big way. And those stem directly from early iterative development...

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Nah, I dont... I guess I still give CIG the benefit of the doubt.
Well, Freelancer was great even unfinished. With that in mind, SC may deliver as well at some point. But as brilliant as Mr Roberts is, project management is just not his thing.
I just chose not to follow the title at all (save for threads like this that pop up from time to time) and be pleasantly surprised if anything gets released eventually, rather than the other way around.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
I don't really know what to think about to be honest.

On the one hand, I think people should have an out to get their money back because this process IS taking too long. On the other, I feel people should be punished for their stupidity. Investing thousands of dollars in a game that had not been built is not the smartest thing to do and they should be held accountable.

Honestly, I wish for the best from here out and the game development to intensify and release cadence increase. I want to see ambitious projects succeed because the industry will benefit as a whole. I just recently became aware of Ashes of Creation that sounds pretty cool but I just don't like subscription based games.

Last edited:
Processor 7800X3D
Mouse XTRFY M42
Well, Freelancer was great even unfinished. With that in mind, SC may deliver as well at some point. But as brilliant as Mr Roberts is, project management is just not his thing.
I just chose not to follow the title at all (save for threads like this that pop up from time to time) and be pleasantly surprised if anything gets released eventually, rather than the other way around.

Doing the same to be honest with you

Reactions: bug
System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
The only thing that Star Citizen seems to do well is very well detailed graphical models. The screenshots and carefully choreographed videos present the image of a successful game project. Its clearly focused around hype generation and selling virtual property. The actual gameplay is shallow.
Yeah. I envisioned the game kinda to be like Eve. That street vendor? Yeah that's a real person not an NPC. Or that shady guy who wanted to buy you a drink? Not an NPC either.

But tbh I don't know what I imagined either. Maybe the game's taking so long because of people like me but who actually paid thousands of dollars per capita.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) ASUS PROART RTX 4070 Ti-Super OC 16GB, 2670MHz, 0.93V
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data), ASUS BW-16D1HT (BluRay)
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White, MODDIY 12VHPWR Cable
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
Yeah. I envisioned the game kinda to be like Eve. That street vendor? Yeah that's a real person not an NPC. Or that shady guy who wanted to buy you a drink? Not an NPC either.

But tbh I don't know what I imagined either. Maybe the game's taking so long because of people like me but who actually paid thousands of dollars per capita.

Yeah it sounds good in theory. I understand buying into the fantasy of having a total immersion in a sci-fantasy world. But when it comes to a realistic implementation, just imagine as a developer, translating these minute characters into playable roles. If implemented, it would be grind based like every MMORPG. You aren't going to get a virtual Star Wars where everyone is Han Solo. You are going to get Star Wars Galaxies instead.

Don't blame yourself and your monetary contributions for the delay in game development. The game development schedule is suffering because the developer Chris Roberts is not competent at managing a project of this size.

The other flip side of this genre is the idea of infinitely created worlds such as No Mans Sky. In practice, the worlds look aesthetically different due to random seed generation but the gameplay is the same on every world.

Isn't this game marked as the biggest scam in gaming community, Why people still get excited about this ?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 9950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
Isn't this game marked as the biggest scam in gaming community, Why people still get excited about this ?

This whole thread would show you it's arguably still a hot debate.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw wireless
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
If it was a scam, why do the devs issue regular game updates and roadmaps?
It's contentious, certainly, but I wouldn't say it was a scam.

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
If it was a scam, why do the devs issue regular game updates and roadmaps?
It's contentious, certainly, but I wouldn't say it was a scam.
I've already posted I don't think this is a scam, but if it was that exactly how scam works: give/show you bits and pieces, but you never get the real deal.