• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows 10 only allow stereo outputs to TV via HDMI

So speaker config not allow select 5.1 or 7.1 surround

Levels Tab -> Balance ->2 volume control (stereo channels)

PCEE4 GFX apply:

PCEE4 GFX cannot override speaker config (HDMI/SPDIF) that allow select 5.1 or 7.1 surround because of Windows 10 limitations

But Levels Tab -> Balance ->6 volume control (5.1 channels)

Interesting. However I can select PCM 5.1 with no issue on Windows 10. I'm going to my HDMI to my AVR then to my TV. I can also mod my TV EDID, to accept more formats. No matter what I do, if I select Dolby Digital output, I can only select stereo in speaker configuration. I'm going to try the modded nvidia drivers next, very excited this my be my solution!

Hello sound blaster connet
Does it work on my system ?

Code:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_1043854B

remzawi

Hello! Any news about he problem with Netflix?
If it can help videos in the dolby access app and the test video in intel graphics control panel also doesn't work.
Thanks!

Hi, got problems installing latest drivers, trying to follow guide but this guide was made for other driver version, wanted to use Dolby Atmos Speaker System but filenames are different and other stuff there also. Someone who wanna install if for first time cant do it im sure.

Windows 10 only allow stereo outputs to TV via HDMI

So speaker config not allow select 5.1 or 7.1 surround

So this is the ultimate dead end here isn't it? All these enhancers and driver mods, but Windows 10 won't support encoded compressed audio on HDMI beyond 2.0?

But if that's the case, I don't understand how city cultivator has dolby digital live over hdmi ARC as indicated in bold below.
1. Go to Uninstall or Modify Driver.
2. Add Dolby Home Theater V4 / Dolby Advanced Audio V2.
3. Open FX Configurator.
4. In the left Window, scroll down to Composite Endpoint FX APO, and clear anything in it (usually it would be {D9916F9C-99F7-11E7-BF21-6C0B849889E1}).
5. Replace Composite Endpoint FX APO contents with {56E00778-C664-4BB5-AA2B-CA6F14840BB3}.
6. Also paste {56E00778-C664-4BB5-AA2B-CA6F14840BB3} into Global FX APO.
7. Confirm that Endpoint FX APO Processing mode has {C18E2F7E-933D-4965-B7D1-1EEF228D2AF3} ONLY. Clear the rest ({4780004E-7133-41D8-8C74-660DADD2C0EE},{B26FEB0D-EC94-477C-9494-D1AB8E753F6E}).
Click Apply Effect And Processing Modes Configurations.
8. Click <<Restart Windows Audio Service>>.
9. Dolby Digital is supposed to be available. You can select and apply it.
10. Configure Dolby Atmos for Gaming for 5.1 operation.

P.s I have set my ch_count to 6; usually LFE is also a channel, and I have tested that on my system, which is quite similar to yours (dolby atmos for gaming with DDL).
So what are we doing?
We are using the dolby supplied DDL encoder provided with Dolby Home Theater V4. This solution is universal; you can use it even on HDMI outpoints. Useful if your audio receiver is connected via HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel).

i installed everything like in instruction last thing i wanted to install
DolbyLaboratories.DolbyAtmosSpeakerSystem_3.20500.501.0_x64__rz1tebttyb220 and i got error dependencies missing contact developer....
what i can do to fix this?

Zbrat

Unfortunately I don't have a HDMI sound system so I can't help you mate...
Check this modded driver, maybe it works out for ya. I assume it's made by the same guy who made the APO Drivers.

View attachment 130639
Thanks for the answer mate. I've been trying it but still getting "Format is not compatible with this device" when selecting Dolby Digital in the advance tab..
Maybe I've installed it wrong. I have not modified the INF file, don't know how to do it and I thought it might not be necessary. Maybe you or sb has 5 min to walk me through?

On what step are you getting the "this device is not compatible" error?
Oh, I have installed the APO Drivers, then applied the FX Configurator to the HDMI Output Endpoint and installed DHTv4 (HDMI/SPDIF). Then under the advance tab in sounds if I select the newly created Dolby Digital format I get prompted by "Format not compatible with this device". Not exactly "This device is not compatible" how I wrote before, sorry! My bad!

System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
DTS connect only support SPDIF????

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
So this is the ultimate dead end here isn't it? All these enhancers and driver mods, but Windows 10 won't support encoded compressed audio on HDMI beyond 2.0?

But if that's the case, I don't understand how city cultivator has dolby digital live over hdmi ARC as indicated in bold below.
After applying the settings in fx configurator, I restart my pc. usually after that the error messages disappear when I select dd in advanced tab.
TV currently uses HDMI 2.0.
When you have problems, take and post screenshots.

Last edited:
FireShot Capture 004 - Which HDMI audio formats do NVIDIA GPUs support_ - NVIDIA_ - nvidia.cus...png

I use reshacker found a dialog box on nvhdap64.dll which show support DD/DTS format
Image 3.png

NVIDIA High Definition Audio driver use Microsoft HT APO, not NVIDIA APO.

To use NVIDIA APO, clear all GUID in processing mode & effects configuration, enter

Local FX APO:
{B48DEA3F-1234-425a-8D9A-9A5BB37A9904}

Global FX APO:
{06687E71-1234-403A-BF49-CB591BA6E103}

Apply Effects and Processing Mode Configurations ->restart audio services

Idk how to get that "Advanced" dialog box from nvidia control panel

Another news is that Dolby Access 3.0.3340.0 with New UI available on Windows 10 19H1

However, Dolby Atmos UWP apps cannot new version of Dolby Atmos for Headphones.

May be New Dolby Access settings similar with Dolby Atmos UWP apps, so they remove OEM unlock?

Tell me whether Dolby Access auto unlock if you have a laptop support Dolby Atmos.

Last edited:

Zbrat

Interesting. However I can select PCM 5.1 with no issue on Windows 10. I'm going to my HDMI to my AVR then to my TV. I can also mod my TV EDID, to accept more formats. No matter what I do, if I select Dolby Digital output, I can only select stereo in speaker configuration. I'm going to try the modded nvidia drivers next, very excited this my be my solution!
Any luck with the Nvidia modded drivers? Could you manage to get Dolby on an HDMI output?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Any luck with the Nvidia modded drivers? Could you manage to get Dolby on an HDMI output?
Speaker configuration always says stereo when you select dd. That's normal. Configure any application you are using for 5.1 inside the application itself. The resulting 5.1 audio by the application will be encoded to dd.

Hi all i menaged finally to install all the stuff for Dolby Atmos Speaker System,
all works fine except i got only output of 2.1(front speakers and sub only)
my speaker test works fine on all speakers
i changed all for needed for 6 speaker setup as i have one connected by analog outputs. Any suggestions?
Thanks for help.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hi all i menaged finally to install all the stuff for Dolby Atmos Speaker System,
all works fine except i got only output of 2.1(front speakers and sub only)
i changed all for needed for 6 speaker setup as i have one connected by analog outputs. Any suggestions?
Thanks for help.
1. Did you run the speaker setup?
2. are all analog connections correctly plugged in?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Yes Speakers working fine all of them.
Your default.xml is like this?
total_count="6" front_count="3" side_count="2" height_count="0" has_subwoofer="1"

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
yes everything like in instructions.
Try a restart. That might correct any problems. It did help me many times with mods. Else, no more ideas.

Try a restart. That might correct any problems. It did help me many times with mods. Else, no more ideas.
Dunno whats wrong with atmos here, but tried Creative MB5 and its working fine.
Will try it some other day i guess. Got 1 question: to use MB5 I need to change endpoint to MB5, for Atmos it was Dolby Uwp products, so what if i want to use few at once? How can i do it?
Thanks for helping btw.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Dunno whats wrong with atmos here, but tried Creative MB5 and its working fine.
Will try it some other day i guess. Got 1 question: to use MB5 I need to change endpoint to MB5, for Atmos it was Dolby Uwp products, so what if i want to use few at once? How can i do it?
Thanks for helping btw.
Not recommended at all.

Yes, I can get Dolby on HDMI output with the modded drivers. I was also able to get it via the APO dirver FX configurator and PCEE product. but each time I always considered it a horrible failure because the speaker configuration was limited to stereo.

Speaker configuration always says stereo when you select dd. That's normal. Configure any application you are using for 5.1 inside the application itself. The resulting 5.1 audio by the application will be encoded to dd.
Aaahh see I was missing this crucial bit of info. After reading through this entire thread a handful of times, I assumed Dolby Digital would work along side a 5.1 speaker configuration in Windows 10 (as it did with previous versions of Windows). So to summarize, Windows itself is going to think I'm set up with two channel, but games can send it's 5.1 audio direct to the DD encoder? When I look at Dolby Home Theater drivers V4, they seem to indicate they upmix stereo to surround. So although I'm getting sound on my rear speakers, it's not discrete audio from Windows, but upmixed (speaker fill), but in games there's hope that discrete 5.1 is getting to the encoder. I got to say it stresses me out not knowing if a game is handing off 5.1 discrete channels to the encoder, or if windows is limiting it to stereo and then PCEE is upmixing it back to 5.1. It's very rare to see a game that gives you a speaker test app built-in, you need to play the game with a careful ear to know if things are working. What a mess surround sound support is in Windows 10.

I really appreciate all the help I've received from CityCultivator, and AlanFox. Godspeed.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Aaahh see I was missing this crucial bit of info. After reading through this entire thread a handful of times, I assumed Dolby Digital would work along side a 5.1 speaker configuration in Windows 10 (as it did with previous versions of Windows). So to summarize, Windows itself is going to think I'm set up with two channel, but games can send it's 5.1 audio direct to the DD encoder? When I look at Dolby Home Theater drivers V4, they seem to indicate they upmix stereo to surround. So although I'm getting sound on my rear speakers, it's not discrete audio from Windows, but upmixed (speaker fill), but in games there's hope that discrete 5.1 is getting to the encoder. I got to say it stresses me out not knowing if a game is handing off 5.1 discrete channels to the encoder, or if windows is limiting it to stereo and then PCEE is upmixing it back to 5.1. It's very rare to see a game that gives you a speaker test app built-in, you need to play the game with a careful ear to know if things are working. What a mess surround sound support is in Windows 10.

I really appreciate all the help I've received from CityCultivator, and AlanFox. Godspeed.
Now you have understood the system.
Try playing multichannel movies, first by bitstreaming, then disable bitstreaming to see if the audio is very similar.
Or search for multichannel test audio online.

System Name HP Pavilion 15-bc009tx
Processor Intel Core i7-6700HQ
Motherboard HP 820D
Cooling HP Dual Fan
Memory 8 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated), Intel HD Graphics 530
Storage Seagate 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD, Samsung 128GB SATA SSD
Display(s) 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS UWVA anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
Power Supply 120 W AC power adapter
Mouse Logitech Mouse M100
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit Insider Preview
Benchmark Scores CINEBENCH R15 OpenGL: 70.88fps CINEBENCH R15 CPU: 674cb CINEBENCH R15 CPU (single core): 139cb
Hi, I tried to install APO Driver 2.59, but it says I have the old one installed. However I could not find anything related to APO Driver in the control panel. I checked the installation folder, and all the files are still there. FX Configurator can launch normally. But even if I delete the whole installation folder, the new version still wont install. Can someone help me on tis? thanks

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hi, I tried to install APO Driver 2.59, but it says I have the old one installed. However I could not find anything related to APO Driver in the control panel. I checked the installation folder, and all the files are still there. FX Configurator can launch normally. But even if I delete the whole installation folder, the new version still wont install. Can someone help me on tis? thanks
You are terribly fucked up. You should never delete a program install folder, you risk deleting the proper uninstaller which is present in the install folder.
Search for msicuu and try to use that utility.
Maintainence driver in start menu could be used to uninstall the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.